Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25 transformable toy thread

Agreed, it does look like about where Yamato was 9 years ago in terms of design aesthetic.

Oh well, at least it will probably be durable if nothing else.

What we really need is Yamato and Bandai to team up. Yamato to actually design the toys and Bandai to produce them and be responsible for the QC.

That way, we'd get a beautiful and durable toy.

Graham

We should live so long to see that happen. Would be awesome though!!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

Can anyone pls tell me which version of toys or models will come with the full armor. I am only interested in OZMA's plane, but it full armor. It can even be only batroid mode, but would obviously preffer transforming (toy or model, but toy preffered). Pls, tell me, is anyone making it, and when, what size, etc...

Is that what the actual production version will look like, or that still of the prototype? Fighter modes looks ok, i would just leave the landing gear up. Either way, still looks better than Bandai's Macross 7 collection.

Prototype. According to the text, it's photos of the Test Shot #1 with more test shot versions and fine tuning to come. It says that the molds are still being worked on...

The text also mentions some of the diecast areas - ankle area, thigh, shoulder base, upper arms, and other areas requiring strength.

Other info in the text - ball joint used in ankle and crotch area. Crotch-leg-thigh area will be able to spray outwards in gerwalk mode. Landing gears to be made out of metal with rubber tires and able to store inside.

Edited by Vifam7

Can anyone pls tell me which version of toys or models will come with the full armor. I am only interested in OZMA's plane, but it full armor. It can even be only batroid mode, but would obviously preffer transforming (toy or model, but toy preffered). Pls, tell me, is anyone making it, and when, what size, etc...

No signs of Armor or fast packs yet that I have seen.... hopefully soon!!

Prototype. According to the text, it's photos of the Test Shot #1 with more test shot versions and fine tuning to come.

The text also mentions some of the diecast areas - ankle area, thigh, shoulder base, upper arms, and other areas requiring strength.

Other info in the text - ball joint used in ankle and crotch area. Crotch-leg-thigh area will be able to spray outwards in gerwalk mode. Landing gears to be made out of metal with rubber tires and able to store inside.

Cool to hear that this is only test shot #1. However what still irks me is why the use of ball joints for the shoulders? I don't mind is there for the hips. but come on someone give this beast some clicky shoulder joints! :angry:

really have mixed fealings about this one. Iactualy think the batroid looks good, I like the detail and perportions. but I'm a bit iffy about the fighter mode. just seems to lack details, too toy like.

on the bright side at least it'll be nice, sturdy, and toy that can actualy be played with. looks like I'm going to end up getting the model kits for good detailed models :(

pass, looks horrible. Looks like a freaking transformer given how ill fitting and boxy fighter mode looks and battroid mode still has every single flaw from the very first resin shots.

Hopefully yamato gets this license in the near future.

I'm still interested in the toy but I think the model kit looks better though.

That's it: Yamato and bandai should team up to make mastergrade macross valks.

This is still undergoing changes though isn't it? So that means it might not look like what we are seeing in final form.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Its a test shot. That means the molds are already cut. If Bandai works the same as Yamato, the from now on only minor changes such as tweaking the tolerances to close up gaps and get parts fitting together better will be done.

Retooling an all new steel mold is very expensive, so it's unlikely that we will see any major changes now.

Graham

Not complaining, its still a toy after all and QC counts first. I hope Bandai continues to produce the remaining VF-25s.

At the end of the day you got two types of complaints:

-"wah my shoulder broke. I'm not buying anymore expensive Yamato toys. But it looks beautiful!"

-"argh what has bandai done to make the modes look bad? But I love the QC and cheaper price."

The quest for the ultimate toy continues. As usual I'm going to wait for the reviews first. No hurry. Bring on the cannon fodder vf-171.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

OMFG. Is THAT the final sculpt!? O_o

If so... I'm canceling my pre-orders for the Chunky Monkey V2.

Bandai should stick with making model kits, and leave (Macross) "toys" to Yamato or other companies.

Give me a QC riddled, but accurate Yammy any day!

(honestly I have yet to encounter any QC issues with my Yammies. To me the whole thing is blown completely out of proportion.)

Edited by OmegaD3k

I like Bandai's SOC line a lot but these pics are really terrible. The older pics were definitely better...well, that is a little disappointing.

I just saw the new shots of the 1/72 VF-25S and was amazed at its perfect rendition.

Are there two different teams working on the Frontier mechandise?

If that's the case then I'd give the DX team a swift kick in the arse.

Let's hope it's only a matter of tweaking until final publicity photos are out.