Macross Frontier Episode 19 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 19  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (SHERYL Episode!!!!!!!!!! <3)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl should eat some pineapples)

Or you could just PM me and say "Hey Az, I have a link for the leaked single. here ya go: blah blah blah". Or you can spend 10 seconds on 4chan looking for it like I did. :rolleyes:<_<

BTW, leaked copy of the single is in the first post.

Thanks! My usual methods failed me.

Still waiting for subs (though most points seem to have been leaked for me. Oh well.)

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Anyone know what's the romanised japanese that is Ranka's tagline.

"Minna dakishimete. Ginga wo.... hatemaru"

Can't catch the last word (hatemaru?)....and what it means

Oh, noticed during the concert how there seems to be "Agent J" from MIB next to howard glass. :lol:

Edited by wolfx

Anyone know what's the romanised japanese that is Ranka's tagline.

"Minna dakishimete. Ginga wo.... hatemaru"

Can't catch the last word (hatemaru?)....and what it means

Oh, noticed during the concert how there seems to be "Agent J" from MIB next to howard glass. :lol:

It's "Hate made," actually...couldn't figure it out until I googled it, though...

Err, I certainly hope they weren't anything like Sheryl's "hopes and dreams"...

They eat dimensions, obviously. ;)

Black holes don't quite work that way. If you took a pineapple and compressed it until it became a black hole, it would still only have the mass (and gravitational pull) of a pineapple. The only thing that changes is that the pineapple becomes an incredibly tiny dot.

Also, the strong force binds quarks into protons/neutrons/etc. The strong force can't cause gravitational collapse because of quantum exclusion--particles can only get so close together before their quantum states would overlap, and the strong force doesn't cause collapse (otherwise, particles would spontaneously collapse in everyday life). The only real way to create black holes is to either pile a lot of mass together (like in a collapsing high mass star), or slam particles together with enough combined energy to create a black hole. (Interesting note: High energy density can also create black holes.)

Anyway, a separate thread might be a good idea. :)

Bah. That's just what they want us to think. :)

Hmm, I think I should spark off a separate page on DE discussion after all?

Speaking of black holes, they can actually be visualized pretty easily if one can see the fabric of space and time like Einstein did. Since 3-D space is too much for most humans to perceive well, let's get down to simple 2-D to illustrate the principle.

If the fabric of space time is literally like a piece of rubber cloth, then significant gravitational force is generated as a single object of large mass exists, e.g. the sun in the middle of our solar system causing a distortion in the space-time fabric, causing the other massive objects (e.g. the planets) to be pulled towards the sun. A black hole occurs when an object of nonzero rest mass is somehow at a density so great that it literally tears a hole in the space-time fabric, causing other matter to get sucked into it like a kitchen sinkhole sucking water in when unplugged. The fact that light gets pulled towards the direction of origin of gravitational fields means that though light has no rest mass, it does in fact have gravitational mass.

As for compressing a pineapple? Well, a bad idea, pineapples are too complicated a matter. In fact, micro black holes have already been created IRL in particle accelerators, where matter hitting each other a over 0.99c end up so condensed tat they generate micro black hole. Luckily, there is simply insufficient matter to feed them enough for them to grow as they would if they were in the middle of the galaxy.

Since I'm rather new here, I wonder which area of the forum is best suited for such a thread. Suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Edited by VF-25S Full Armour

You know, Accuracy International makes a lot more than just those two rifles <_<

And in CS the rifle is neither the Super Magnum nor the Police. It's an amalgam of the two.

Just sayin...

Technically, an AWP can be chambered in .338 Lapua as well as 7.62 NATO.

As for the one shown in the ep. the black finish means that it's either an AWP or AE (if you wanna be really technical though you need to look at barrel length which is shorter for both AWP and AE at 24 in, although IMO discussing that is beyond the purpose of this thread).

Edited by d3v

I LOVE MACROSS!!! :wub:

gosh i'm losfer words.

Sheryl for the win!

Classic "triangle" scene on the launchpad for the win!

Ai-kun for the win!

Perfect use of "triangler" as ED fow the win!

Michael and Klan intervention for the win!

Vajra/Ranka/Valkyrie cosplayers for the win!

:D

and that's just the raw. can't wait for the subs.

Dimension Eater Rounds? Finally. Took a while and now the ultimate weapon is out (not counting the insanely large scale use on Galia IV of course). Wonder how such a weapon might be possible. Since black holes (which is how DE rounds work)

No, DE does not work on the same principles of a black hole. It seems it either draws out a lot of super dimension energy, or throws normal space into super dimension space, but definitively not like a black hole, otherwise Galia IV would have been squeezed, not crunched.

There is more to it. Vajra don't seem to have a mind of their own, I guess they are mostly remotely guided via fold comunications, besides maybe some automatic reflexes. The DE is likely to create disturbances in fold comunications (similarly to an EMP), maybe it even shatter their fold quartzes, so it probably it is more effective than a simple physical destruction.

FV

No, DE does not work on the same principles of a black hole. It seems it either draws out a lot of super dimension energy, or throws normal space into super dimension space, but definitively not like a black hole, otherwise Galia IV would have been squeezed, not crunched.

There is more to it. Vajra don't seem to have a mind of their own, I guess they are mostly remotely guided via fold comunications, besides maybe some automatic reflexes. The DE is likely to create disturbances in fold comunications (similarly to an EMP), maybe it even shatter their fold quartzes, so it probably it is more effective than a simple physical destruction.

FV

Well, if DEs create disruptions in fold communications, which rely on manipulating the space time fabric i.e. space folding, then DE rounds must disrupt the space-time fabric then. As for the aftermath of Galia IV, the planet was NOT crunched or crushed in any way. Matter close to the black hole generated by the device (which is much weaker than what those large natural black holes in space) was simply sucked into it as far as I can tell, as if stuff was ripped off. The closer one was to it, the more strongly it ripped one off. Remember the scene where the Zentradi Adviser was literally ripped apart?

A black hole's ability to suck in matter is not actually based on mass alone. It's density is more important than it's total mass. As matter is sucked into it, it's overall mass of course grows. But in reality, a larger black hole could be weaker than its smaller cousin simply because its density is lesser. Of course, being larger means greater radius and greater proximity to its surface for a given distance to it's center of mass. But, one can view gravitational fields as gravitational flux, using electrostatics as an analogy.

For example, let's use a simplistic theoretical experiment as an example. Lets have a spherical charge with 1C of charge. Lets have another with 1C of charge, but as a point object (i.e. radius -> 0). Since its repulsion or attractive force towards an equal or opposite charge sign is proportional to the flux DENSITY i.e. charge per area, the point charge is in fact "stronger" than the spherical charge of finite radius, since it is possible to get closer to the central origin of charge even though the overall amount of charge is the same.

For a given overall mass of sphere, mass/area and thus, gravitational field strength is proportional to the 1/Radius^2.

As m->infinity, Radius of sphere->0 and thus density->infinity, the force of gravitational attraction possible approaches infinity.

Of course, DE rounds might not actually create just black holes, but wormholes that transport matter from one dimension to another. Thus, the "Super Dimension" theme?

Edited by VF-25S Full Armour

I just made a freaking realization!

In Macross Plus terms Alto is Myung, Sheryl is Isamu and Ranka is Guld when they were in high school.

You guys have been compairing to the original triangler scene but does resemble also Guld's flashback in a way.

Duuuude... I could swear I had thought the exact same thing in a previous episode thread. Rock on!

In Macross Plus terms Alto is Myung, Sheryl is Isamu and Ranka is Guld when they were in high school.

You guys have been compairing to the original triangler scene but does resemble also Guld's flashback in a way.

Heh, so next episode we're going to see Ranka's zentraedi heritage rear its ugly head. Ranka's going to deck sheryl, and then she's going to knock Alto down and rip off his shirt. The scene will cut away and there will be another big debate as to whether or not "Myung" was raped or just had "her" shirt torn.

The sniper will get distracted by Ranka's actions and get so engrossed in watching that President Glass will make a safe getaway. Ai-kun, looking out for Ranka, sneaks up on the sniper and does the face hugger thing.

Forgot to add how bad Ozma and Cathy act.

Edited by Sumdumgai

BTW, although i think it is very possible that Ai-kun had evolved into a big-zam type, and possibly one of the 3 in the Ranka concert waving his feelers ^_^ ...

this big-zam looks big... slightly bigger than human size? but remember the little big-zam in the bush back on Galia 4 when Alto's vf-25 was downed? even though we didn't see its size compared to Alto/Ranka, the way it looks running under that bush suggests that its tiny...

so why the discrepancy in size? :mellow:

(i suppose it grew big after evolving into big zam type, but in such a short time? maybe it isn't Ai-kun afterall... also... it means big-zam type size varies alot... )

Edited by Shun

Well, if DEs create disruptions in fold communications, which rely on manipulating the space time fabric i.e. space folding, then DE rounds must disrupt the space-time fabric then. As for the aftermath of Galia IV, the planet was NOT crunched or crushed in any way. Matter close to the black hole generated by the device (which is much weaker than what those large natural black holes in space) was simply sucked into it as far as I can tell, as if stuff was ripped off.

The idea is based on the notion that planets usually have a molten core. The gravitational pull from a black hole should have deformed the molten core changing the overall shape of the planet.

That said, we don't still even know if Galia IV had a molten core.

I only know that dimension eaters aren't what you call black holes :p

Of course, DE rounds might not actually create just black holes, but wormholes that transport matter from one dimension to another. Thus, the "Super Dimension" theme?

Yeah. Macross 7 exploited the Supervision Army, Macross Zero exploited the intervention on human evolution and Macross Frontier is exploiting the Super Dimension. They are building above concepts originated from the original series.

this big-zam looks big... slightly bigger than human size? but remember the little big-zam in the bush back on Galia 4 when Alto's vf-25 was downed? even though we didn't see its size compared to Alto/Ranka, the way it looks running under that bush suggests that its tiny...

so why the discrepancy in size? :mellow:

You forgot about the one inside the glass cylinder in ep. 13. That was bigger than the one in the bush, more similar to those in the concert. I think we can say that the purpose of the second stage is simply to grow bigger.

FV

The idea is based on the notion that planets usually have a molten core. The gravitational pull from a black hole should have deformed the molten core changing the overall shape of the planet.

That said, we don't still even know if Galia IV had a molten core.

I only know that dimension eaters aren't what you call black holes :p

Yeah. Macross 7 exploited the Supervision Army, Macross Zero exploited the intervention on human evolution and Macross Frontier is exploiting the Super Dimension. They are building above concepts originated from the original series.

FV

Actually, worm holes are formed by joining 2 black holes end to end to form a channel between 2 points in time and space.

What made me come up with the black hole hypothesis was the fact that it was basically and expanding spherical object that sucked all matter in close proximity into it. Notice that Grace version 1.00 (using the current Grace chassis as a v2.00 reference) was sucked into the black growing ball, just like what would have happened if one was close to a black hole. Since the center of gravity of the black sphere was ABOVE Grace v1.00, she was sucked UP and towards the center of the sphere as far as I can tell, Not crushed DOWN, so the sphere must be attractive to matter. Also notice how even seriously overpowered VF-25s (vs. today's fighter jets) were also struggling against the pull of the growing black ball on their escape and only made it because they took off just in time to fold off along with the Vajra ships.

IIRC, Galia IV was left looking like an apple partially eaten with one GIANT bite.

Since Sheryls is on medication -> Sheryl = Guld

So this mean, at one point Sheryl will ra** Alto when he's chilling out with Ranka :ph34r:

Wow. I didn't realize that when Alto was flying... he was trying hard not just for Ranka, but was trying hard for Sheryl.

And of course... it all got misunderstood.

LOL. TOo clever, Kawamori. You're pissing me off in a good way XD

I'm totally amused by the reference to fIsherman's wharf in San Francisco. Yay walruses.

Edited by s-girl

I support a Ranka victory.

I'm just saying, it's probably not going to be Sheryl.

This whole Macross has been about giving homages to what has gone before, and then turning it on its head.

Ranka is behind heading into the home stretch, that means one thing. ^_^

Victory.

Yes, that Alto will be a man, not a fraking pedophile <_< and pic the more sexually mature girl...Sheryl FTW!! B))

-Kyp

All I've got to say is this :

"Alto, for the love of GOD, please do the right thing and don't go loli on us by picking Ranka!!! Be a man and pick the chick with tits and ass...PICK SHERYL!!"

That is all.

-Kyp

Alto can go for the big b** and loli at the same time, he just need to choose Klan :lol: