Macross Frontier Episode 19 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 19  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (SHERYL Episode!!!!!!!!!! <3)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl should eat some pineapples)

Either that, or a convenient space whale would come along and absorb the dimension eater.

Yeah, watch episode 8 again...it's got Hikaru's NUMBER, too. At that time, we speculated that it might be the actual DYRL movie prop.

Why would it just be a prop? It's either a sculpture or a de-engined, decomissioned fighter... there's a decomissioned fighter of some kind on display at a park by my house, clearly, it has no engines but what the hell.

It'd be cool if that VF-1 could be fired up ;) and an interesting plot twist.

Here...

:rolleyes:

W

T

F

Nobody [in the crowd] noticed those?!

I don't think those are Ai Kun but I find it hard to believe that NOBODY would notice a

GIANT EFFING VAJRA THING

sitting behind them...

How much longer will english subs be?

I'd really like to make some kind of a donation to Lunar for continuing to fansub this series (without those awful MKV files) :)

I think someone did fly the statue VF-1 in the manga... and I am SOOOO happy that never happened in the cartoon. Sorry, that idea sounds ridiculous to me. If they wanted to do VF-1 fan service I'd much prefer that the VF-1 be on campus to be used as a flight trainer or something (and it should be a VT-1) rather than appear to be a statue.

Why would it just be a prop? It's either a sculpture or a de-engined, decomissioned fighter... there's a decomissioned fighter of some kind on display at a park by my house, clearly, it has no engines but what the hell.

It'd be cool if that VF-1 could be fired up ;) and an interesting plot twist.

OMG Alto jumps in and fires up the VF-1 on top of the school next episode during the vajra conflict it would make a nice SDF macross and a M7 homage.

OMG Alto jumps in and fires up the VF-1 on top of the school next episode during the vajra conflict it would make a nice SDF macross and a M7 homage.

Precisely; He can't get to the quarter and he can't really fight that well in an EX-Gear... so what the hell, steal the school mascot VF-1 XD

From the beginning of the series I had this feeling that at some point at least ONE VF-1X would show up in a FIGHT sequence...

You.... have absolutely NO proof that that's Ai-kun. First off, he was perfectly small and tiny like he has been in the beginning of the episode. He wouldn't grow that much in that amount of time. Secondly, it could be someone in costume. :p I don't believe without proof!!! :D:rolleyes:

You can't handle the proof! :wacko:

post-7075-1218814822_thumb.jpg

Either that, or a convenient space whale would come along and absorb the dimension eater.

Yeah, watch episode 8 again...it's got Hikaru's NUMBER, too. At that time, we speculated that it might be the actual DYRL movie prop.

it also has a A type head and it has a skull and crossbones symbol on the cockpit where the DYRL? Skull squad had them.

W

T

F

Nobody [in the crowd] noticed those?!

I don't think those are Ai Kun but I find it hard to believe that NOBODY would notice a

GIANT EFFING VAJRA THING

sitting behind them...

How much longer will english subs be?

I'd really like to make some kind of a donation to Lunar for continuing to fansub this series (without those awful MKV files) :)

I have been downloading Chinese sub since last night but it is still only 60% completed when I came to work this morning. :(

English sub should be out soon so be patient. ^_^

That's why both Alto and Michael will die...

Michael next Episode...

Alto during the last one...

:wacko:

I've got bad news for you; neither will die. As a matter of fact, all this hype about Sheryl is just that: HYPE! She is not going to die nor any of the main characters. Macross F seems to be following Macross 7 as far as killing off the main players. For those of you who saw Macross 7, did you ever really think some bad was going to happen to Fire Bomber?

Did they ever give you the impression that Basara was going to get shot down or that Fire Bomber wasn't going to save the day? At this point in the series, I don't think we have to worry about the main players being killed off; unless the writers are trying to give us false security after which they (like in Zeta Gundam) kill off most of the cast. ^_^

Bobby eyecatch FTW!!! (what was he saying?)

These character driven eps are so hard to understand without subs :(

I think he was belting out his rendition of Ninjin loves you yeah! Long live Bobby, the true Queen! :lol:

I've watched the episode yet I'm delaying any comments until the subs come out.

Btw, Lion and northern cross single are already out on the web. If you can't find them you can pm me and I will give you the link.

Or you could just PM me and say "Hey Az, I have a link for the leaked single. here ya go: blah blah blah". Or you can spend 10 seconds on 4chan looking for it like I did. :rolleyes:<_<

BTW, leaked copy of the single is in the first post.

Is it just me or does SK freaking love the bay area or what!?!?

Seems to be so. Supposely the design of Macross Frontier City is based in large part on San Francisco and the Bay Area. In fact, if you look at the Triangular ED in episode 19, there was one picture where Sheryl and Ranka were holding hands with a gate behind them. That gate is actually based on the Sather Gate at U.C. Berkeley.

Is it just me or does SK freaking love the bay area or what!?!?

Probably. He had shots of it in M7 Dynamite's ED.

I loved the parade. There was a mom dressed up as a Monster. :lol:

Yes yes, luca we already know Ai Kun is a vajra.

Coup De Tat next ep of Frontier...zomg...Anti UN again?

A character episode, nonetheless. A lot of touchy feely stuff going on, and the Sheryl Ranka Alto Triangle is finally moving forward at a less glacial pace. Positive overall, and thus I voted so.

Finally, the confrontation between the Ozma/Kathy spy team (or couple for that matter) with literally mountains of documented proof. The fact that President Glass himself in within the sights of a sniper would complicate things a lot. It's as if Leon expected things to occur exactly as they are now. In the words of Emperor Palpatine: "I foresaw it."

Despite my positive vote, however, there are some things that I think are still inadequately revealed ATM. The good news is that we've finally seen Alto's mom as she really was. Nothing like a mother that actually embraces your hopes and dreams instead of just quashing them from the get-go.

Dimension Eater Rounds? Finally. Took a while and now the ultimate weapon is out (not counting the insanely large scale use on Galia IV of course). Wonder how such a weapon might be possible. Since black holes (which is how DE rounds work) require only sufficient mass density to work, maybe they've figured out a way to condense matter to TIGHT spaces, say using a pile of protons contained in a magnetic container which is them compressed extremely violently with a sudden EM containment field spike? Like charges don't mater when one somehow manages to push protons close enough to allow the short ranged but EXTREMELY powerful strong force to work. Just speculation on my part, but maybe I should open a new thread specifically on the physics of DE rounds and get some physicists' blood pumping?

Leon's current actions are predictable, but no less interesting nonetheless. Doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that he hungers for more power and is willing to do anything for it. But his true ultimate purpose and also those of Grace & Co. remain unknown for now. A man like Leon cannot be driven by power alone. Hitler was driven by his messiah complex and crazy ideas about the Arian race, etc. Leon is no different.

This reminds me about SDF:Macross in the sense that an enemy will just show up and strike in the middle of their celebration.

Ranka: "Onee-Chan..." Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means brother in Japanese, right? One of the major reasons for Grace to hold so much sway over Brera Stern is his desire to recover lost memories. Perhaps now on we shall see Brera as he truly is (I think...), a fundamentally good person that sings evil's tune through sheer lack of choice.

More questions with still gaping holes. There is still no definitive story on Sheryl's real past yet. Ranka, it's obvious enough now even without every piece of the puzzle right in front of us. And what's going on in Galaxy now? Have not heard from them since episode 15 IIRC.

Edited by VF-25S Full Armour

Ranka: "Onee-Chan..." Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means brother in Japanese, right? One of the major reasons for Grace to hold so much sway over Brera Stern is his desire to recover lost memories. Perhaps now on we shall see Brera as he truly is (I think...), a fundamentally good person that sings evil's tune through sheer lack of choice.

Yes, it means brother, specifically in an affectionate context.

It'd be weird if she called him aniki or however you say it (more affectionate form of brother)

Anyways yeah they're brother and sister. Like it says in the Macross F wikipedia entry: Brera cares a lot for Ranka's wellbeing though he doesn't really know why (even without orders).

I am surprised it has taken Ranka this long to go.. "hey, wait, I recognize him. I know him." But Ranka isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, if you know what I'm saying.

While it is obvious that Ranka has severe PTSD, a memory like "my brother is ____" ought to be a little bit stronger, but then again, she was like what, 6, when Ozma took her in.

I want to know more about Ozma's motivations for taking her in-- what was his connection to the 117th?

More importantly, I reckon they have Brera on some kind of cybernetic memory inhibitor, but as we all know, the brain will forge new paths to old data... I wonder at what point Brera will remember who he is relative to Ranka, and at what point it will stop being Grace & Co's carrot to dangle in front of him. For storytelling purposes I would bet that it is highly likely that Brera

will remember fully, likely in the heat of battle in the next few episodes (only 7 left!!

:( ), and sacrifice himself (as his 'redemption') or something so that Ranka can escape, and she'll have her "BROTHER DON'T DIE!!!" moment yet again, thereby igniting some kind of serious reaction from Ranka...

-RF26 AAC

Edited by RF-26AAC

Nothing like a mother that actually embraces your hopes and reams instead of just quashing them from the get-go.

Err, I certainly hope they weren't anything like Sheryl's "hopes and dreams"...

Dimension Eater Rounds? Finally. Took a while and now the ultimate weapon is out (not counting the insanely large scale use on Galia IV of course). Wonder how such a weapon might be possible.

They eat dimensions, obviously. ;)

Since black holes (which is how DE rounds work) require only sufficient mass density to work, maybe they've figured out a way to condense matter to TIGHT spaces, say using a pile of protons contained in a magnetic container which is them compressed extremely violently with a sudden EM containment field spike? Like charges don;t mater when one somehow manages to push protons close enough to allow the short ranged but EXTREMELY powerful strong force to work. Just speculation on my part, but maybe I should open a new thread specifically on the physics of DE rounds and get some physicists' blood pumping?

Black holes don't quite work that way. If you took a pineapple and compressed it until it became a black hole, it would still only have the mass (and gravitational pull) of a pineapple. The only thing that changes is that the pineapple becomes an incredibly tiny dot.

Also, the strong force binds quarks into protons/neutrons/etc. The strong force can't cause gravitational collapse because of quantum exclusion--particles can only get so close together before their quantum states would overlap, and the strong force doesn't cause collapse (otherwise, particles would spontaneously collapse in everyday life). The only real way to create black holes is to either pile a lot of mass together (like in a collapsing high mass star), or slam particles together with enough combined energy to create a black hole. (Interesting note: High energy density can also create black holes.)

Anyway, a separate thread might be a good idea. :)

i predict an M7 ending all the main characters will survive, only named characters with any chance of dying are grace, nene, leon, president glass, brera.

Bah. That's just what they want us to think. :)

I doubt it, The Artic Warfare Magnum is being used by many police forces and even some militaries as the standerd sniper rifle, and seeing that this is a grey version it's most likely not an Artic Warfare Magnum, but an Artic Warfare Police (the infamous AWP, from 1.6 :) )

You know, Accuracy International makes a lot more than just those two rifles <_<

And in CS the rifle is neither the Super Magnum nor the Police. It's an amalgam of the two.

Just sayin...

Yes, it means brother, specifically in an affectionate context.

It'd be weird if she called him aniki or however you say it (more affectionate form of brother)

Anyways yeah they're brother and sister. Like it says in the Macross F wikipedia entry: Brera cares a lot for Ranka's wellbeing though he doesn't really know why (even without orders).

I am surprised it has taken Ranka this long to go.. "hey, wait, I recognize him. I know him." But Ranka isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, if you know what I'm saying."

Onii-chan is also used in a more generic sense of a "big brother" type. Which is how I see Ranka using the term. Aniki is often used the same way, but definitely not as an "affectionate" form.

Onii-chan is also used in a more generic sense of a "big brother" type. Which is how I see Ranka using the term. Aniki is often used the same way, but definitely not as an "affectionate" form.

meh, it's been a few years since I've last actually *used* any of my J-language skillz.

But it does mean big brother.

Edited by RF-26AAC