Macross Frontier Episode 19 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 19  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (SHERYL Episode!!!!!!!!!! <3)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl should eat some pineapples)

Pinneapple salad for

Michael next episode? Btw... That was Alto's MOM, not Alto in disguise...

:rolleyes:

What would make you think that

Michael is recipient of the pineapple salad? His color scheme is all wrong for it and he hasn't fully uncovered the mystery yet. He can't die before that.

ON GOING POST <started 15:55 CDT>

Wow.... Ai-Kun seems to have been "summoned" by Brera's aimo interpretation. Strengthens the theory that Aimo is a vajra tune.

Can't get enough of Lion and the new intro animation ^_^

DAMN! May'n IS HOT!!!

Heh! Yasaburo was expecting Alto's entrance through his "sneaking" route. Priceless.

Cathy & Ozma dating??!?!?! WTF?!?!?!?!?! Guess it's a cover-up for their investigation on Leon's dirty little secrets.

Michel & Klan dating?!?!?!?!?!? WTF AGAIN!!!! If you look closely, there's a moment in which Chibi-Klan's face looks as if she was macro at the time.

Does Grace mention something about a queen while she's showing the DE round to Leon?

Coup d’état incoming.

Wish I could understand NOW what's all that Yasaburo just told Sheryl about Alto and herself. Felt like he was comparing the two of them

Alto says something about Sheryl when starting the stunt in Ranka's live... something that sounded to me like "Sheryl, look at this"... and then paints a heart over Ranka's name?!?!?!? WTF!!!!! (yes, again!) No wonder Ranka's first reaction is to believe she's being corresponded by Alto.

I may be wrong, but I think I saw a Man-Ranka :S

Klan stopping Sheryl and saying "Running away?" sounds as if Klan wanted Sheryl to fight for Alto as Michel was originally trying to push Alto into paying attention to Ranka. Complex game.

NEED... SUBS... NOW

The sniper rifle looked a lot like a H&K PSG-1.

Great cliffhanger ending..... DAAAAMN!!!!!

No, but seriuosly.... WTF?!?!?!?!

<ended 16:29 CDT>

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

Spoiler tags. Don't forget them guys...

Couldn't Brera's ability to attract Ai-kun be related not to just the tune but that strange barrette on his head? I thought it might be part purple because there was a fold crystal in there....

Just watched the raw... and I must say that

this was a turning-point episode...

- Leon found out about Cathy and Ozma getting back together... perhaps that's why he made his move now...

- Finally Ozma and Cathy confronted Leon about his conspiracy (waaay earlier than I expected... perhaps the series will end with 25 episodes instead of 28?)

- Glass is going to be murdered by Leon's orders (cup-d-etat?)... OR maybe Leon will use the president's life as an insurance for cohercing Cathy and Ozma into helping him...

- I loved how they used a bit of animation from episode 1, but this time it had Ranka with Mihoshi uniform and glasses.

- Am I the only one who found Ranka with glasses waaay hotter?

- Ai-Kun is now biiiiig and was at Mihoshi listening to the concert. Apparently the crowd didn't recognize him because there were lots of Vajra giant balloons from the parade... He looks like a green 3 eyed Vajra... with a very different design than those of the large (red) and small (yellow) types (very similar to a small Vajra Queen).

- Apparently Brera isn't flawless... A simple cat took him by surprise and jumped him...

-Luca found out that Ai-Kun is a Vajra thanks to Nanase's art skills... and they also seem closer now (Nanase going pineapple next week?)

-Klan and Michael seem to be getting closer too... (Michael going pineapple also next week? The preview showing him in combat EX-Gear made me think of him going Gilliam style... recycled/flipped animation?)

-The Vajra just awakened at the end of the concert... Lots of destruction in Frontier next episode.

Can't wait for Episode 20!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

- Leon found out about Cathy and Ozma getting back together... perhaps that's why he made his move now...

Actually they were just pretending to have a date because they were being tailed. When the guy at the hotdog stand is giving Cathy her change, he's actually handing her a minidisc.

Actually they were just pretending to have a date because they were being tailed. When the guy at the hotdog stand is giving Cathy her change, he's actually handing her a minidisc.

The

guy following them looked a lot like Leon... (funny Hawaiian shirt and all)

^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU GUYS AND THINKING MICHEL IS GOING TO DIE??!!

:angry: Seriously, NOTHING has hinted at that yet. :roll:

And why are you surprised at Klan/Michel and Ozma/Cathy? We've known those were going to be couples since close to the beginning. :)

-

Ai-Kun is now biiiiig and was at Mihoshi listening to the concert. Apparently the crowd didn't recognize him because there were lots of Vajra giant balloons from the parade... He looks like a green 3 eyed Vajra... with a very different design than those of the large (red) and small (yellow) types (very similar to a Vajra Queen).

More than the Vajra queen, the Vajra in the glass cylinder found in the SDF-04 or behind Ranshe Mei in the photo.

FV

:angry: Seriously, NOTHING has hinted at that yet.

Because:

a) Michael and Klan know too much... (Be glad I didn't include Klan in the salad...).

b) They seem to be closer now than ever...

c) Michael is not mentioned in episode 21 and 22 preview summaries regarding the Mihoshi S.M.S. Brat-squad... (only Luca and Alto).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Because:

a) Michael and Klan know too much... (Be glad I didn't include Klan in the salad...).

b) They seem to be closer now than ever...

c) Michael is not mentioned in episode 21 and 22 preview summaries regarding the Mihoshi S.M.S. Brat-squad... (only Luca and Alto).

Yes, and your thoughts about Ozma dying were SOOOO accurate.

:lol: I'll believe it when I see it. Go ahead and bask in your glorious assumptions. ;)

Seeing the Big-Zam type Vajra in Ranka concert doing some antennae dance

=priceless :lol:

With soo many people cosplaying at that time, no one will wonder if there's three Vajra cosplaying as Big-Zam

:angry: Seriously, NOTHING has hinted at that yet. :roll:

And why are you surprised at Klan/Michel and Ozma/Cathy? We've known those were going to be couples since close to the beginning. :)

I think everyone is jumping on the pineapple express is because Ozma dodged the pineapple salad.

I sincerely think it is highly unlikely that Michael is going to die; he and Klan are *going* to hookup-- at this point they just have to announce it.

Nanase going the way of the Dodo is more likely because it would *push* Luca in a way he hasn't been pushed before, leading him to expose the conspiracy or go on a Vajra-hate-filled-killing spree. With like 60 ghosts at his side.

At this point, as sad as it is, Baby Luca is more likely to pineapple than the other two boys of Skull Squadron.

IIRC Ai-kun evolved into a Big-Zam type and there are several other already running loose in Frontier, does this mean Michel and other will be killed by these guys?

:huh:

-Frantically dodges MisaForever's Misa Cannon-

Come on, 3 huge Vajra just chilling in the audience and antenna-dancing to the music like some fanboys? That's stretching it a bit too far. How did they get their tickets? They don't look like they could just sneak their way past all those military patrols and cheyennes, being bright yellow and 3m tall+wide... I hope those really are just some very crafty cosplayers with strong backs.

Come on, 3 huge Vajra just chilling in the audience and antenna-dancing to the music like some fanboys? That's stretching it a bit too far. How did they get their tickets? They don't look like they could just sneak their way past all those military patrols and cheyennes, being bright yellow and 3m tall+wide... I hope those really are just some very crafty cosplayers with strong backs.

Well, the town is teeming with Vajra balloons and people doing Vajra cosplay. Perhaps the trio were already inside the school grounds?Anyway thought it was hilarious.

^_^

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Everyone who speculates should be shot. :lol: Yes, I'm in a violent mood. :ph34r:

Actually I'm glad I was wrong about Ozma... and I sincerely hope I'm wrong again since

I like both Michael and Nanase characters a lot. Hell... I'd rather have Alto killed anytime...

^_^

At this point, as sad as it is, Baby Luca is more likely to pineapple than the other two boys of Skull Squadron.

Episode's 22 preview summary

mentions him, so I don't think that's going to happen next episode...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Actually I'm glad I was wrong about Ozma... and I sincerely hope I'm wrong again since

I like both Michael and Nanase characters a lot. Hell... I'd rather have Alto killed anytime...

^_^

Episode's 22 preview summary

mentions him, so I don't think that's going to happen next episode...

I can see Klan going the Claudia path too

:ph34r:

So are the Vajra getting cultured now? As far as I remember weren't they supposed to be brainless walking weapon factories? Them getting disoriented by "song" jamming I can accept, but actual active fandom?

What do you expect, they are still "teenager" type Vajra

:lol: The baby is a cute one, and the adult is the menacing one ^_^

So are the Vajra getting cultured now? As far as I remember weren't they supposed to be brainless walking weapon factories? Them getting disoriented by "song" jamming I can accept, but actual active fandom?

They're just attracted to the song. Though I think it's been hinted for a long time there's more than meets the eye about the Vajra. That everyone on Frontier thinks they're mindless brutes is going to be the main obstacle in settling peace between them. The key though, will be like in this scene, Music. It's Macross after all

^_^

Ai-Kun seems more like a sentient/coordinating type... Kind of a queen... A Vajra prince? a duke? Vajra baron anyone?

^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I'm pretty confident that they were just high-tech cosplayers. We see some other obvious Vajra cosplayers in the crowd. There's no reason why some ultimate otaku type couldn't have created his own ex-gear enhanced outfit that completely covered him.

Also, the one thing that the Vajra typically never do when Ranka's singing is just listen quietly several dozen yards away...