X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Guest sh002

Meh to comics. First 2 volumes of the 90's X-Men cartoon are out in a week.

LOL! I had such hopes for that show as a teen. Man it was terrible.

Maybe if it had come out before WB had their Batman Animated it might have impressed me but it didnt.

True, the 90's X-Men cartoon may not have been quite as good as Batman TAS, but like RD Blade said, it was loaded with fan service. It covered a wide variety of story archs from the comics. I especially liked the Bishop one.

X-men Evolution sucked, however. The only good thing to come out of that was the last couple of episodes, and maybe X-23.

Wolverine and the X-men I thought was much better than Evolution ( Emma Frost, oh yeah :lol: ), but still nowhere near as awesome as the 90's cartoon, but we'll have to see what happens in season 2. Age of Apocalypse, hellz yeah! :)

Edited by Mellow Yellow

As I said Im a big fan. Sabertooth and Wolverine are mortal enemies. PERIOD. They fought with each other sporadically but nothing what the movie protrayed. And Brothers??? Im not talking about origins story line which tried to explain away the bone claws after magneto ripped out the metal! Now things may have been out of whack since Marc Silverstri, Texara have pencilled Wolverine but I went as far as 120 or 159 until it got Stupid and havent touched a comic book since the last of transformers by dreamwave.

Silverfox had no powers. She did survive the attack and ended joining hydra until she is finally laid to rest and wolvie and nick bury her!

Deadpool was more annoying in the comic and had enough character to have his own movie

They never fully explored his powers but explained it away as his body is constantly healing almost cancerous.

Striker had physic abilities had a mask and carried really big guns much like cable. There was a short period where him Wolvie and Saber worked together in a earlier war and only for a short time.

Wolvie nemesis wasnt saber. It was in fact Cyber. Who by the way was the only other person with adamantium grafted to their body ie skin.

He was the only person that broke wolvies bone claws in the marvel universe

Xmen would have you believe lady deathstrike had the metal but NO

Deathstrike is a former love ie Mariko of Wolvie while in japan and loses a wooden sword match to her yakuza father which then banished him from japan

The adamantium doesnt make wolverines healing factor stronger it actually makes him weaker. Not until Mags pulls out the adamantium and almost kills wolive do we realize that he healing factor goes into overdrive and makes him more feral and we find out that his mutant factor is to continue mutating him. ie healing at the very instant something hurts his body! Nowhere close to what this movie is trying to tell me about wolvie.

Im talking about the emma frost I knew and not later versions they butcher. Ema wasnt a pivotal character in marvel.

Characters randomly thrown here and there will not make a good movie. The only character that stayed true to marvel universe was Gambit. Very good work there. Everything else was shiat.

Hows that for info !!!!!

Well times have changed, comic storyline change. Hell Wolverine original origin idea was that we was in fact a mutated wolverine, but they changed it. Emma is a huge part now. Plus though it hasn't been explained or mention, but in the original Origin miniseries it is alluded to that James's half brother Dog, could be Sabertooth, I am not saying he is but when Dog comes back he does bear a striking resemblance to Sabertooth. Anyway by now you should be used to the way films change stories from comics. Get a grip man, if you don't like it that is completely fine. So far the only aspect of the film I am really not liking is how they changed Deadpool, all the other aspects I can deal with. And yes I am or was a huge fan I know the history, I know Sabertooth comes on Wolvie birthday every year to kick his ass, I know they are mortal enemies, I know who Deathstrike is.

They're really starting to crank up the promotion machine for this one, just hyping it up like mad.

"See THE movie event of the summer!"

Probably means it's going to suck donkey balls.

But hey, perception is reality, eh? <_<

I've long-since given up on Hollywood ever actually staying remotely close to a comic creator's original story/incarnation/concept of a character or title. I understand that the nature of the comic medium requires that long-standing characters/stories must evolve-or-die if they're to remain successful--but sheesh, gimme a break. It's like the studio hacks just take the approach of: Nah, just use the ___ name--it's got brand recognition so saps'll pay good money to see it; just make up all the rest of the details as we go. "Sorry folks--there's profit to be had!"

There are moments in this movie that make ya go, 'coolness', but there are quite a few cringeworthys as well...

for future reference to others, if you dont hate what they do to deadpool and the weapon x scheme, your not a wolvy fan LOL

*saw the version of this that didn't have some special effects overlaid on it*

Not gonna bother seeing the cinema version, and will definatly wait till dvd is on clearance before owning it.

Just saw it. One Word

Lame

How about some more words. I will judge it by the continuity of the previous movies. I think it contradicts them.

1. Wolverine & Sabertooth are in Vietnam when they are recruited by Striker for a special team. Six years later is where the main story gets going. Scott is teenager back then. Okay Vietman ended in the mid 1970's right? Plus six years means the movie is takes place in the late 70's or early 1980's. Scott looks about 15 or 16 years old. The first X-men took place in the present or slight near future. Did the actor playing Scott in the first movie looked like he was 35?

2. You wouldn't know Wolverine & Sabertooh had such a history together from the first film.

3. Fans screamed when Gambit arrived. Do they realize if there ever is an X-men 4 that Gambit is going to look like a 60 year old man?

4. In the 2nd Movie we learned from Striker that Wolverine volunteered. Wolverine might not have always been a hero. In this movie he's the hero all the way.

5. Striker wants to capture and erase Wolverine's memories. He never gets to do that but he does shoot him in the head with admaniduim bullet. Striker doesn't capture him but the bullet ends up erasing the memories anyway.

Movie was slow and like a bad made for cable movie with a big budget. Some CGI was pretty bad. Captain Picard makes a cameo. The younger CGI Picard. He only talks with his mind. Reason is not to show his power but because it would cost more to do the effect if his lip are moving.

What I know about Deadpool is just from Wiki. If I was his fan I would be mad too. For a movie featuring people with claws it wasn't that bloody. More like PG. I think it got the PG-13 rating cause people said crap & you saw Jackman's Jackass. No one point at it and said crap though.

Never had any interest in seeing this, but if Marvel had been smart, they would have faithfully adapted the original "Weapon X" story in Marvel Comics Presents for the screen and kept it at that.

Never had any interest in seeing this, but if Marvel had been smart, they would have faithfully adapted the original "Weapon X" story in Marvel Comics Presents for the screen and kept it at that.

Hollywood, collectively: "Faithfully? What does that mean?"

Vostok 7

overall, I liked the movie but a few things did bug me...like, since when is Maverick asian? no offense meant to asians but Mav`s allways been a big caucasion guy in thick armor. even without the armor, I`d still expect a big white dude with a buttload of guns.and yeah, Deadpool blew. the merc with a mouth without one...were they intentionally peeing on him or something?

I think you guys are being too hard on this. Adapting everything faithfully doesn't always make a good movie. The Da Vinci Code was pretty much the novel page for page, but in my opinion it made a suspenseful book into a tedious "ok let's go here now, and now let's move over here, and ok, next, let's fly off to..." runaround half-assed movie.

I think Hollywood is trying to keep many aspects original so that you won't go, "Oh I know what happens next, 'cos I read it in X-Men issue whatever. Cyclops sits on a chair and then says "Alright, time for tea!" Oh my god, he asks for coffee in this movie?? BLEEDING HELL'S BELLS!!!"

overall, I liked the movie but a few things did bug me...like, since when is Maverick asian? no offense meant to asians but Mav`s allways been a big caucasion guy in thick armor. even without the armor, I`d still expect a big white dude with a buttload of guns.and yeah, Deadpool blew. the merc with a mouth without one...were they intentionally peeing on him or something?

whatever, they turned jubilee into a white girl and not to mention all the other characters in the history of fiction who were turned from their original ethnicity into white people by hollywood so I can't really say I care. :rolleyes:

And if that's the only thing "wrong" with this movie than woohoo.

The Da Vinci Code was pretty much the novel page for page

The Da Vinci Code was a mediocre novel that was entertaining enough to finish. The fact that the movie was equally as mediocre should not have surprised anyone. The Marvel Comics Presents Weapon X story is fairly simple and not overly long (not to mention very good). They could easily have adapted it. Whether you believe it would have worked or not doesn't really matter, fact is, what they did do looks to be a complete failure.

Edited by Duke Togo

The Da Vinci Code was a mediocre novel that was entertaining enough to finish. The fact that the movie was equally as mediocre should not have surprised anyone. The Marvel Comics Presents Weapon X story is fairly simple and not overly long (not to mention very good). They could easily have adapted it. Whether you believe it would have worked or not doesn't really matter, fact is, what they did do looks to be a complete failure.

Wolverine was made by Fox though. And you know there's no way any big hollywood studio is going to take such a maintstream character like Wolverine and show his as the brutal murderous thug that he actually is.

hard to sell lunch boxes for 5 year olds of a character who, among other things, slaughters half an army and stands on top of a pile of maimed and mutilated corpses.

getting decapitated doesn't stop people with wolverine's level of healing. In the comics chuck writes that for logan you need to decapitate him and then bury the head away from the body to stop spontaneous regeneration.

Saw it last nite it was okay. I agree with Duke, the original MCP story wouldv'e been awesome. The studio went with an amalgamation of the Origin and ultimates version story. Ryan reynolds was awesome as DP, he shouldv'e been given more to do. They should reset the franchise if they decide to keep pumping out X movies, but I think they are do with the series. The last 2 were mediocre at best.

getting decapitated doesn't stop people with wolverine's level of healing. In the comics chuck writes that for logan you need to decapitate him and then bury the head away from the body to stop spontaneous regeneration.

does the body grow a new head and brain

or does the head grow a new body?

saw the movie. it was ok but i did not

like it. can't put my finger on what's

wrong though. maybe it was that logan

appeared too "refined".

Edited by geepogi

does the body grow a new head and brain

or does the head grow a new body?

saw the movie. it was ok but i did not

like it. can't put my finger on what's

wrong though. maybe it was that logan

appeared too "refined".

who knows. One of the more ridiculous moments in comics comes when wolverine gets dropped into a vat of molten metal a'la T2 and his glowing red SKELETON crawls out and commits bloody murder. At the start the wolverine arc of Civil War, he gets burned down to his skeleton as well, doesn't move around but he does come back.

i have to agree. that is really ridiculous.

even superman won't be able to beat him.

err... I wouldn't go that far. Superman could just toss him into the sun or bend the metal on him so that he's a human pretzel. Wolverine could probably beat anyone from Captain America and down but folk at Superman level powers should be able to deal with him pretty easily.

err... I wouldn't go that far. Superman could just toss him into the sun or bend the metal on him so that he's a human pretzel. Wolverine could probably beat anyone from Captain America and down but folk at Superman level powers should be able to deal with him pretty easily.

Careful, you're heading towards a "Star Trek vs. Star Wars" level of nerdiness.

Vostok 7

Just got back. Not that impressed.

The special effects were terrible. For a top dollar Marvel movie to look like this one did when there was something CG on the screen is pathetic.

I'd wait for the dvd and just watch Terminator or Star Trek this month.