X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Guest sh002

damn that was funny. just read that. :lol:

you know, the original origin story for wolverine was going to be that he was actually a mutant wolverine that looked like a human... the Marvel brass squelched that idea.

He would have joined spiderman in the list of marvel heroes who's superpower should come out of their ass. But I guess the brass at Marvel wanted to make sure they were the only ones could do that.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Richard McLongschlong... oh no! A radio active weiner dog just bit me!!!"

Thus the career of the new crimefighting superhero "PRIVATE DICK" has begun! Joined by his sidekick superboy... Placidkid!

"C'mon Placidkid!!! It's time to SPRING into action!!!"

he was born with bone claws

But he didn't know he had the claws until after Weapon X but the Adimantium in him... and he didn't know they were natural until Magneto took the Adimantium out of him.

His Name is James Howlett? That's awful... I know they do that in comic books all the time... IN THE 60's!

Howlett, oh I get it... cuz he's a wolverine... that's like naming Spider-Man Peter McEightlegs...

No... Wolverines don't howl, as noted they're related to weasels. So not a pun.

you know, the original origin story for wolverine was going to be that he was actually a mutant wolverine that looked like a human... the Marvel brass squelched that idea.

He would have joined spiderman in the list of marvel heroes who's superpower should come out of their ass. But I guess the brass at Marvel wanted to make sure they were the only ones could do that.

Just like Spider-woman (Jessica Drew's) original story was she was created from a spider by the High Evolutionary, this was retconned in her very second appearance however where she became a little girl who was combined with spider-dna, to allow her to survive radiation sickness (and no the Bendis origin don't count!)

But he didn't know he had the claws until after Weapon X but the Adimantium in him... and he didn't know they were natural until Magneto took the Adimantium out of him.

nah, he knew he had claws, he and rose took off to live in some mining camp after his pa got murdered and his mom blew her face off with a shot gun and he clawed up dog's face and then killed logan the grounds keeper who was sleeping with his mom. Then he accidentaly killed rose while fighting with grown up dog who was still angry about having big scars across his face and *then* he forgot he had claws.

nah, he knew he had claws, he and rose took off to live in some mining camp after his pa got murdered and his mom blew her face off with a shot gun and he clawed up dog's face and then killed logan the grounds keeper who was sleeping with his mom. Then he accidentaly killed rose while fighting with grown up dog who was still angry about having big scars across his face and *then* he forgot he had claws.

Is this post "House of M"... I got my wish and remember everything that ever happened to me shinnagins?

Edited by lord_breetai

Is this post "House of M"... I got my wish and remember everything that ever happened to me shinnagins?

wolverine's past was revealed to readers as the Origin miniseries.. I wanna say 2002ish, and now Wolverine knows everything thanks to the House of M.

James Howlett...

what? so whats Logan? pet name when he was in Alpha Flight? James....................... sorry. --> :lol:

I WANT them to speed it up to when he goes 99% feral, where he gets captured, and they try to inject adamantium back (maganeto's doing) into him to control him, but only succeed in him forcing it out through his pores and every other hole and he goes APE SH^T and kills almost all of them (forgotten name but they sucked), i think it was Cable's son, Genesis (not sure), but i gotta drag it out again....

I believe this was Wolverine 100. Good stuff. X-men about 15&more issues before this was the best period i believe, after that they got crappy artists and

the story just wasn't interesting. (this period Sabertooth goes feral, almost kills Psylock, sends Prof. X into a rage which ultimately starts to bring out

Onslaught). I want a movie especially for Onslaught. After that i don't know what happens.

Sabertooth is offfically his coolest Nemeis. I'm really looking forward to a gruesome fight. (but different HOTTER actress)

I say bring back Red.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

what? so whats Logan? pet name when he was in Alpha Flight? James....................... sorry. --> :lol:

I WANT them to speed it up to when he goes 99% feral, where he gets captured, and they try to inject adamantium back (maganeto's doing) into him to control him, but only succeed in him forcing it out through his pores and every other hole and he goes APE SH^T and kills almost all of them (forgotten name but they sucked), i think it was Cable's son, Genesis (not sure), but i gotta drag it out again....

I believe this was Wolverine 100. Good stuff. X-men about 15&more issues before this was the best period i believe, after that they got crappy artists and

the story just wasn't interesting. (this period Sabertooth goes feral, almost kills Psylock, sends Prof. X into a rage which ultimately starts to bring out

Onslaught). I want a movie especially for Onslaught. After that i don't know what happens.

Sabertooth is offfically his coolest Nemeis. I'm really looking forward to a gruesome fight. (but different HOTTER actress)

I say bring back Red.

Logan was the name of the groundskeeper who was having an affair with his mom. Logan the groundskeeper looked just like Wolverine btw... so there's speculation that Logan is James' real father... and some people think that Dog, logan's son, is actually sabertooth. The writers aren't saying and I stopped caring.

So, after onslaught, a bunch of stuff happens, mostly useless, eventually House of M happens where Wanda goes bonkers and decides to make a perfect world where everyone gets their wish and James ends up with all his memories. There's this mutant girl who realizes it's all an illusion and she and James and and Spidey and some of the more popular mutants wake up and take out Wanda but at the end, Wanda wishes for "no more mutants" and so when reality comes back, like 99% of the world's mutants are gone, just normal humans. James still has his memory.

A bunch of stuff happnes and Sabertooth goes apeshit bonkers and kills off feral and almost kills sasquatch and goes on a rampage. Wildchild gets a major upgrade and kicks both their asses. James doesn't care and comes back with deux ex machina sword and cuts sabertooth into pieces... the sword prevents their healing factor from working and is suposedly the one thing that can actually kill these guys. During this arc, it's revealed that Wolverine and Sabertooth are the representatives of dark haired and blonde haired animal warrior human things... and they've been fighting since the dawn of whenever and that, like highlander, there can be only one. You also find out that there's actually some super version of them named Romulus who's like the ultimate version of the "people" that James and Creed belong to.. this Romulus guy was apparantly the *real* baddie behind weapon X (sigh).

Other developments, Winter Soldier (bucky) was the guy who actually freed James from Weapon X... despite all of us having read Weapon X where James is responsible for freeing James from Weapon X. Wolverine has a son who's completely nuts. Winter Soldier helps James defeat his son and apparantly his son is going to go get therapy.

You also find out that the reason James can't die is that he fights some spirit thing in limbo and if he beats spirit thing, he gets to come back and if he loses, then he dies for sure for sure. Some stuff happens, but the end result is, now if James dies, he really really dies. And supposedly his healing factor isn't as strong now.

So there you have it. James isn't really a mutant but the warrior designate of a parallel race of animalistic warrior sapiens, locked in an endless battle since the dawn of time for the "brown haired" side previously aided by some spirit in Limbo.

It's amazing... because I think his "real" story is even more stupid than making him a mutant wolverine.

Logan was the name of the groundskeeper who was having an affair with his mom. Logan the groundskeeper looked just like Wolverine btw... so there's speculation that Logan is James' real father... and some people think that Dog, logan's son, is actually sabertooth. The writers aren't saying and I stopped caring.

So, after onslaught, a bunch of stuff happens, mostly useless, eventually House of M happens where Wanda goes bonkers and decides to make a perfect world where everyone gets their wish and James ends up with all his memories. There's this mutant girl who realizes it's all an illusion and she and James and and Spidey and some of the more popular mutants wake up and take out Wanda but at the end, Wanda wishes for "no more mutants" and so when reality comes back, like 99% of the world's mutants are gone, just normal humans. James still has his memory.

A bunch of stuff happnes and Sabertooth goes apeshit bonkers and kills off feral and almost kills sasquatch and goes on a rampage. Wildchild gets a major upgrade and kicks both their asses. James doesn't care and comes back with deux ex machina sword and cuts sabertooth into pieces... the sword prevents their healing factor from working and is suposedly the one thing that can actually kill these guys. During this arc, it's revealed that Wolverine and Sabertooth are the representatives of dark haired and blonde haired animal warrior human things... and they've been fighting since the dawn of whenever and that, like highlander, there can be only one. You also find out that there's actually some super version of them named Romulus who's like the ultimate version of the "people" that James and Creed belong to.. this Romulus guy was apparantly the *real* baddie behind weapon X (sigh).

Other developments, Winter Soldier (bucky) was the guy who actually freed James from Weapon X... despite all of us having read Weapon X where James is responsible for freeing James from Weapon X. Wolverine has a son who's completely nuts. Winter Soldier helps James defeat his son and apparantly his son is going to go get therapy.

You also find out that the reason James can't die is that he fights some spirit thing in limbo and if he beats spirit thing, he gets to come back and if he loses, then he dies for sure for sure. Some stuff happens, but the end result is, now if James dies, he really really dies. And supposedly his healing factor isn't as strong now.

So there you have it. James isn't really a mutant but the warrior designate of a parallel race of animalistic warrior sapiens, locked in an endless battle since the dawn of time for the "brown haired" side previously aided by some spirit in Limbo.

It's amazing... because I think his "real" story is even more stupid than making him a mutant wolverine.

:blink::wacko:

*Twoducks goes to Google... sees Jeph Loeb's name attached to the most farted up parts... Twoducks remember reading how he is farting up the Ultimates... everything makes sense now*

God bless comics :lol: :lol:

Yeah... Loebs done some good stuff, mostly in the past, mostly on Batman... but his recent run at Marvel is just horrible beyond description.

And it's a pity; I liked "The long Halloween" and always heard good things about his stuff when I was still into comics five or so years ago.

Guess he's gone loony like Frank Miller. At least they make good material for funny articles.

Hope Wolverine takes away the “meh” feeling I got from X-men 3.

Yes! That was the last comic i browsed in the newsagency, i thought that was semi-cool, but still... all these other things that have happened just boggles the mind.

Logan the Groundskeeper? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Creed is james's (i hate saying this name, logan much cooler) son?? That's plausible i guess.

Wasn't Logan..(..james....) like hundreds of years old, and from what i gather from pics and random browsing in the comic store as a kid, he was back in the samurai times as well?

So that idea of him slicing Creed up into pieces with swords is cool.

Totally appreciate the run down on whats happened since Onslaught eugimon! Cheers.

The thing i am noticing every time i browse a new wolverine comic or one he is involved in the battles are getting bloodier and more gruesome, and that's good.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah, so wolverine was born at the end of the 19th century, so he's a little over 100 years old. Which doesn't quite line up with the "classic" feudal period of Japan... but there were still some samurai and what not in the early 1900's so maybe he just found an isolated pocket of samurai... kinda like tom Cruise did (snicker).

so the other wolverine origins, like him being an american indian child who was raised by wolves are apparantly false.

Creed is james's (i hate saying this name, logan much cooler) son?? That's plausible i guess.

Not quite, creed might be Dog who is the son of Logan the groundskeeper or creed might be Dog's son since when we see Dog all grown up, he still has the scars from when James (wolverine) slashed his face.

I have no idea how or if that figures into the new revelation that Creed and Wolverine aren't humans or mutants at all but that feral-quasi-human-race thingie (apparantly they're called "lupines")... of which apparantly all the "feral" mutants like feral and wildchild and wolfsbane belong to.

I drop both X-Men and Wolverine comics a while ago. When Wolverine has like 3 comics himself it is time to give up. The last good Wolvie stuff I read was the early 2000's when they did the Origin mini series and the showed him getting his adamantium back in his own series issue 150 which was really cool. Basically Sabertooth along the way got his one metal skeleton while ole Wolvie was running around with Bone claws. During the Trial of the 12 in X-men, Apocolypse capture both of them and made them fight each other as usual and who ever won would be his new horseman Death. Wolverine feeling that he would be better suited for the role since he has morals and a code and what not gave it his all and won the fight though he was physically outmatched, especially with Sabertooth have metal nails and skeleton. After the fight Apocolypse basically sucked the adamantium out of Sabertooth and put it in Wolverine and he became the horseman Death; that is how after nearly a decade he got his metal skeleton back for those who stopped reading.

ugh, don't bring up sabertooth, he's even more messed up then wolverine, and the worst part about him, is a lot of his power ups and power downs aren't even explained. HE just shows up and has super strength in one issue and then next time he shows up, he doesn't. Same with the metal.

I really wish that marvel just ends the main continuity and just concentrates on the ultimate universe. Wolverine, Spiderman, Captain America, the Hulk... Thor... all the main heroes are so completely messed up and their stories so convoluted, it's just time to clean up the mess and move on.

Just throwing it out there, but did Sabertooth ever get the chance/idea to have adamantium shoved in him?

yeah, he runs around with adamantium for a while then apocolypse yanks it out to give to wolverine to turn him into a horseman. He apparantly never got it back, since Wolverine cut off his arm and head with his super-duper-magic-katana.

He also apparantly got an upgrade to his healing factor when he got the adamantium or adamantium does the opposite in sabertooth and enhances his healing factor... it actually continuously poisons Wolverine and supposedly Wolverine is the "only" person in the Marvel Universe who can compensate the harmful effects.

Ultimate Sabertooth also has an adamantium skeleton and claws (4 on each hand) though one of those claws appears broken. It's implied that his claws are artificial since Wolverine makes a joke about Sabertooth getting upgrades and being a poor man's version of himself.

X-23, wolverine's clone/daughter also has adamantium claws, but only claws, her skeleton is not laced.

I really wish that marvel just ends the main continuity and just concentrates on the ultimate universe. Wolverine, Spiderman, Captain America, the Hulk... Thor... all the main heroes are so completely messed up and their stories so convoluted, it's just time to clean up the mess and move on.

Yeah, that would go over well with the fans. :lol:

Besides, didn't they recently invalidate 40 years worth of Spider Man in his latest mega-arc?

Yeah, that would go over well with the fans. :lol:

Besides, didn't they recently invalidate 40 years worth of Spider Man in his latest mega-arc?

yup, peter made a deal with mephisto to save aunt may's life at the cost of changing history so that peter and MJ never got together. Harry Osborn is somehow back alive as a result as well.

Peter's powers also got retconned. The spider that bit him was some sort of "token" that imbues certain people with power or some crap and the radiation was actually killing spider. And then peter died and somehow more fully merged with his spider-self and now he has organic web shooters.

wait, the powers thing got re-retconned (unconned, reconned?) when he did that history changing deal with mephisto.

Edited by eugimon