X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Guest sh002

I admit I watched it online, and I wasn't impressed. Seems like Marvel's movie's are really losing steam. They pick all the wrong characters to make movies of (FF, Avengers, Punisher) while the great characters either get ruined (Spiderman 3, Daredevil, Xmen), or completely ignored (Moon knight, Nova, Death's Head and Deathlok).

Iron man wasn't terrible (although ever since civil war, tony stark is a punk IMO)

Hulk 2 was good, maily because of Edward Norton's acting

All in all, Wolverine was entertaining as a mindless action flick, but Xmen 3 just wrecked the entire mutant universe for me.

I would tell them I am not sorry for my comment, and show them the footage and tell them instead go to Fox and get them. Then let me direct the damn films. I believe the problem is they give these films to directors, and not directors who are fans. Look at Spider-man, with the exception of the 3rd on due to studio involvement they were pretty good because Sam is a fan. Robert Rodriguez is a fan hence Sin City was so kick ass. Mark Steven Johnson says he is a fan but is clearly not, and barely a director which is why Daredevil and Ghost Rider sucked so bad.

I would tell them I am not sorry for my comment, and show them the footage and tell them instead go to Fox and get them. Then let me direct the damn films. I believe the problem is they give these films to directors, and not directors who are fans. Look at Spider-man, with the exception of the 3rd on due to studio involvement they were pretty good because Sam is a fan. Robert Rodriguez is a fan hence Sin City was so kick ass. Mark Steven Johnson says he is a fan but is clearly not, and barely a director which is why Daredevil and Ghost Rider sucked so bad.

Well, I think part of it is the franchise. I mean, Spider man and X men/Wolverine are far more well known than Ghost Rider or Daredevil, so they get bigger budgets, and the writers are more sensitive to the fan base. But it seems even with good solid franchises, eventually they go south. Watch, soon it's going to be team up flicks, like Spidey and Punisher, and crap like that.

If marvel really was smart about how they do the films, they'd do a movie, and if it was well recieved then group all the characters into a team movie based on a good story. I'd love to see an Annihilation movie personally, and Vin Diesel (yeah, I said it) would make a perfect Drax. Of course, it would never happen but a universe crossover Batman/Moon Knight team up would kick total ass.

Edited by Excillon

If marvel really was smart about how they do the films, they'd do a movie, and if it was well recieved then group all the characters into a team movie based on a good story.

That's exactly their plan with The Avengers. After the Cap and Thor movies are out, Avengers is go. It's the most ambitious movie crossover I've ever heard of.

Well, I think part of it is the franchise. I mean, Spider man and X men/Wolverine are far more well known than Ghost Rider or Daredevil, so they get bigger budgets, and the writers are more sensitive to the fan base. But it seems even with good solid franchises, eventually they go south. Watch, soon it's going to be team up flicks, like Spidey and Punisher, and crap like that.

Blade wasn't known and yet it turned out decent flicks except for the last because Wesley who was a producer was also a fan of the comics. Hellboy wasn't that big a neither was 300 yet those have been better than most.

That's exactly their plan with The Avengers. After the Cap and Thor movies are out, Avengers is go. It's the most ambitious movie crossover I've ever heard of.

Yeah, I know. Cap...maybe, it has potential, more for the Red Skull. But Thor?! Thor sucks!!! I've always HATED Thor, and my personal opinion aside, no one can say that while maybe it worked 40 years ago, Thor now is just flat out CORNY as hell.

Yeah, I saw the leaked version too. Some of the special effects and CG were only partially done.

As for the movie itself? Get ready for cameo-city.

All in all, it wasn't necessarily a bad movie. It's just that I was far more interested in the supporting characters than I was with Wolvie himself.

After thinking about it, my only hope is that Wade Wilson WASN'T the abomination that we saw at the end of the flick. Maybe that "Deadpool" is just some other mutant they grafted a whole bunch of other powers onto, and Wade's still alive somewhere quipping away.

Seems like a damn shame to waste such a fun and amusing character like Wade Wilson.

Yeah, I saw the leaked version too. Some of the special effects and CG were only partially done.

As for the movie itself? Get ready for cameo-city.

All in all, it wasn't necessarily a bad movie. It's just that I was far more interested in the supporting characters than I was with Wolvie himself.

After thinking about it, my only hope is that Wade Wilson WASN'T the abomination that we saw at the end of the flick. Maybe that "Deadpool" is just some other mutant they grafted a whole bunch of other powers onto, and Wade's still alive somewhere quipping away.

Seems like a damn shame to waste such a fun and amusing character like Wade Wilson.

Too bad they can't make a Cable and Deadpool movie... I'm sure they could, but it would be so bastardized who'd want to see it? Of course, while I'm wishing, why not ask for an Age of Apocalypse movie, and Xtintction Agenda or xecutioners song that's true to the comic.

You know the sad thing is that the mutant franchise could still be saved, X factor would make an interesting movie, either the Havok led years (Random would be awesome!), or better yet, the more recent Madrox years. Oh wait, they ruined Madrox in 3...Dammit! And he's my favorite mutant...I actually quit reading comics for a while after they killed him in the Legacy virus story.

Yeah, I know. Cap...maybe, it has potential, more for the Red Skull. But Thor?! Thor sucks!!! I've always HATED Thor, and my personal opinion aside, no one can say that while maybe it worked 40 years ago, Thor now is just flat out CORNY as hell.
Iron Man, the recent Hulk, the upcoming Thor, and Avengers movies are all highly influenced by the Ultimates universe, so the Thor you'll see onscreen will most likely not be the same way you saw him 40 years ago.

Iron Man, the recent Hulk, the upcoming Thor, and Avengers movies are all highly influenced by the Ultimates universe, so the Thor you'll see onscreen will most likely not be the same way you saw him 40 years ago.

Other than Sam Jackson as Nick Fury there's not much Ultimates Iron Man in the Iron Man movie. His origin story and the armor, the supporting characters even the villains is either right out of the 616 continuity or heavily modeled after. Actually, same with Hulk, ultimate Hulk has a very different origin story and characterization. And other than the costumes even the X-men movies have more in common with their 616 counterparts than the ultimates version. The Wolverine movie looks like it's going to follow the Origins book (more or less, sabertooth and not dog)... pretty much the only thing movie Wolverine has in common with Ultimate Wolverine is the height and that relationship is actually the other way around, ultimate James was made tall because of movie Logan.

Too bad they can't make a Cable and Deadpool movie... I'm sure they could, but it would be so bastardized who'd want to see it? Of course, while I'm wishing, why not ask for an Age of Apocalypse movie, and Xtintction Agenda or xecutioners song that's true to the comic.

You know the sad thing is that the mutant franchise could still be saved, X factor would make an interesting movie, either the Havok led years (Random would be awesome!), or better yet, the more recent Madrox years. Oh wait, they ruined Madrox in 3...Dammit! And he's my favorite mutant...I actually quit reading comics for a while after they killed him in the Legacy virus story.

They'd have to either seriously retcon the existing X-men movies or seriously alter Cable's origin story if they're going to try to fit it into the existing X-men movie continuity.

But it looks like they're going for a soft reboot of sorts with the X-men: First Class movie: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/13839/don...x-men-spin-off/

Edited by eugimon

I hope for a retcon, the way X3 utterly destroyed the Phoenix Saga was almost criminal.

How many times have they retold the Phoenix Saga in movie and comic?

I remember in the X-Men cartoon series in the early 90's where the Phoenix was the guardian of a Christal that contained a pocket universe that could destroy the universe that possessed Jean and would not give her up.

the movie SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!

shitty way of introducing and butchering the characters. I grew up a big wolverine fan. I have all the comics all the day from #1

the story butchered these characters

Wolverine

Sabertooth

Deadpool OMFG did they hack that character to pieces In case of those who dont know. Deadpool has a super advanced healing factor!! Actually he is a walking Cancer Cell and the constant healing has left him disfigured and why he wears a mask and cant die

Diamond Girl WTF

Silverfox a mutant????!!!! Oh boy she is supposed to be with Hydra

In the comics striker is a mutant as well and a big fu cker

WTF is the black nightcrawler?????

DEADPOOL!!!!!!!

Wolverine fought with Nick Fury and Captain America NEVER with Sabertooth

The BLOB???!!!!!!!

I would have like the first sabertooth from the first xmen movie

Who the hell is the guy with the Guns Sunstorm????

This is the worst movie. Even if its the advance copy minus the special affects the story really sucks.

Did hollywood run out of good writers, directors, ideas etc

Thank goodness I wont waste 13 bucks of this craptastic pisspoor film

Actually, same with Hulk, ultimate Hulk has a very different origin story and characterization.
Ed Norton Hulk was a lot like the Ultimates version, especially as Bruce Banner. Had the Hulk had more rage then that would have been close to Ultimates too. Even the copter dropping part(though in the book they through Banner out forcefully.
And other than the costumes even the X-men movies have more in common with their 616 counterparts than the ultimates version. The Wolverine movie looks like it's going to follow the Origins book (more or less, sabertooth and not dog)... pretty much the only thing movie Wolverine has in common with Ultimate Wolverine is the height and that relationship is actually the other way around, ultimate James was made tall because of movie Logan.

The Avengers and their associated movies are the ones that I was implying that will follow the Ultimates route. It is one of the reasons that Mark Millar was brought on to consult during the production of the movie.

I did not imply that the X-Men movies are taking after the Ultimate X-Men continuity. Yes Origins is taking after the Origin book. Stark in the movie is closer in attitude to the way he is in Ultimates as opposed to the 616 continuity where he just got owned by the government and was commonly seen as a prick during and after Civil War(I understand the reasoning for writing him that way but a lot of fans stopped liking him after Civil War).

Yes he did.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Him and Sabertooth fought a lot together during various wars. That's not a black nightcrawler he is a mutant who does teleport, I forget his name. As a fan you seem to be missing a lot of info, Diamond Girl is Emma Frost, though she never original had that power, not until her second mutation when Cassandra Nova was running around.

Ed Norton Hulk was a lot like the Ultimates version, especially as Bruce Banner. Had the Hulk had more rage then that would have been close to Ultimates too. Even the copter dropping part(though in the book they through Banner out forcefully.

The Avengers and their associated movies are the ones that I was implying that will follow the Ultimates route. It is one of the reasons that Mark Millar was brought on to consult during the production of the movie.

I did not imply that the X-Men movies are taking after the Ultimate X-Men continuity. Yes Origins is taking after the Origin book. Stark in the movie is closer in attitude to the way he is in Ultimates as opposed to the 616 continuity where he just got owned by the government and was commonly seen as a prick during and after Civil War(I understand the reasoning for writing him that way but a lot of fans stopped liking him after Civil War).

Yes he did.

No... ultimate banner is nothing like norton banner. Norton's banner was pro-active and confident. Ultimate banner was weak willed, nervous and had serious ego issues. Ultimate hulk was id uncontrolled wanting to eat and sex everything in his way. Remember the scene where Hulk is climbing up the skyscraper screaming about wanting to sex Betty and eat freddy prinze jr. Norton's hulk is nothing like that, he's just like the original 616 hulk a dumb reactive subhuman that wants to be left alone.

And I couldn't disagree more with your portrayal of movie stark and ultimate stark. Ultimate Stark is completely unhumbled, he makes the iron man suit as a child, is the subject of genetic manipulation by his father and is basically a giant walking brain... movie stark, like 616 stark (I'm talking origin story here, not how he's portrayed now) becomes a hero because of his experience in captivity and the death of Yinsen. Even his early career as a war profiteer is modeled in the movies.

Him and Sabertooth fought a lot together during various wars. That's not a black nightcrawler he is a mutant who does teleport, I forget his name. As a fan you seem to be missing a lot of info, Diamond Girl is Emma Frost, though she never original had that power, not until her second mutation when Cassandra Nova was running around.

As I said Im a big fan. Sabertooth and Wolverine are mortal enemies. PERIOD. They fought with each other sporadically but nothing what the movie protrayed. And Brothers??? Im not talking about origins story line which tried to explain away the bone claws after magneto ripped out the metal! Now things may have been out of whack since Marc Silverstri, Texara have pencilled Wolverine but I went as far as 120 or 159 until it got Stupid and havent touched a comic book since the last of transformers by dreamwave.

Silverfox had no powers. She did survive the attack and ended joining hydra until she is finally laid to rest and wolvie and nick bury her!

Deadpool was more annoying in the comic and had enough character to have his own movie

They never fully explored his powers but explained it away as his body is constantly healing almost cancerous.

Striker had physic abilities had a mask and carried really big guns much like cable. There was a short period where him Wolvie and Saber worked together in a earlier war and only for a short time.

Wolvie nemesis wasnt saber. It was in fact Cyber. Who by the way was the only other person with adamantium grafted to their body ie skin.

He was the only person that broke wolvies bone claws in the marvel universe

Xmen would have you believe lady deathstrike had the metal but NO

Deathstrike is a former love ie Mariko of Wolvie while in japan and loses a wooden sword match to her yakuza father which then banished him from japan

The adamantium doesnt make wolverines healing factor stronger it actually makes him weaker. Not until Mags pulls out the adamantium and almost kills wolive do we realize that he healing factor goes into overdrive and makes him more feral and we find out that his mutant factor is to continue mutating him. ie healing at the very instant something hurts his body! Nowhere close to what this movie is trying to tell me about wolvie.

Im talking about the emma frost I knew and not later versions they butcher. Ema wasnt a pivotal character in marvel.

Characters randomly thrown here and there will not make a good movie. The only character that stayed true to marvel universe was Gambit. Very good work there. Everything else was shiat.

Hows that for info !!!!!

As I said Im a big fan. Sabertooth and Wolverine are mortal enemies. PERIOD. They fought with each other sporadically but nothing what the movie protrayed. And Brothers??? Im not talking about origins story line which tried to explain away the bone claws after magneto ripped out the metal! Now things may have been out of whack since Marc Silverstri, Texara have pencilled Wolverine but I went as far as 120 or 159 until it got Stupid and havent touched a comic book since the last of transformers by dreamwave.
There was a disappointing storyline called House of M in which Wolverine is the key to solving a bunch of stuff in it and in the process, regains all of his memories.

The Origins ongoing title explores his quest to find those who screwed him over in the past and fill in the missing blanks, and....a whole bunch of retconning was involved. So you've missed out on a lot these past couple of years.

There was a disappointing storyline called House of M in which Wolverine is the key to solving a bunch of stuff in it and in the process, regains all of his memories.

The Origins ongoing title explores his quest to find those who screwed him over in the past and fill in the missing blanks, and....a whole bunch of retconning was involved. So you've missed out on a lot these past couple of years.

nonetheless the early years when marc, tex and lee pencilled wolverine and Xmen were to me the best story telling ever and pretty much defined the character. And I dont think X factor will save the franchise.

Maybe a logan movie should have been done with him in madripoor with the grey hulk would have been better the latest marvel movies are proving sucky!! Iron Man I liked Hulk was so so I like the early version better.

Punisher really sucked the pink pecker! The Tom Jayne was much better! the best followed by Lungren.

I think if they stayed true to one character only and didnt introduce all these other characters for eye candy. I bet thats what transformer is going for too. We need better story and less glamor. The cgi is getting tiring as they try to compesate it with bad story telling .

Watch how each blade movie got grittier and better! Take out the studios and get more better stories. Funny how no mention of wolvies best friend PUCK!!! or he was involved with SHEILD for a lONG time

another thing that bugged me was how he lost his memory because of a bullet. It was because of manipulation by the government. Boy that really sucked donkey balls!!! IN the first xmen movie even Xavier said said it was mind manipulation.

fartin Inconsistencies annoy me

I would really like to see a Cable movie or Wildcats!

Well the only other I have hope for is STAR TREK but judging but the shake em and puke em monster movie he did i wont place much money on it along with blow em up REEEAAAL GOOOOD insectiformer movie ..... Bye Bye Summer block buster movies hello Books!

Edited by nugundamII

the movie SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!

shitty way of introducing and butchering the characters. I grew up a big wolverine fan. I have all the comics all the day from #1

the story butchered these characters

Wolverine

Sabertooth

Deadpool OMFG did they hack that character to pieces In case of those who dont know. Deadpool has a super advanced healing factor!! Actually he is a walking Cancer Cell and the constant healing has left him disfigured and why he wears a mask and cant die

Diamond Girl WTF

Silverfox a mutant????!!!! Oh boy she is supposed to be with Hydra

In the comics striker is a mutant as well and a big fu cker

WTF is the black nightcrawler?????

DEADPOOL!!!!!!!

The BLOB???!!!!!!!

I would have like the first sabertooth from the first xmen movie

Who the hell is the guy with the Guns Sunstorm????

This is the worst movie. Even if its the advance copy minus the special affects the story really sucks.

Did hollywood run out of good writers, directors, ideas etc

Thank goodness I wont waste 13 bucks of this craptastic pisspoor film

whoa, grammar much? Using fully developed sentences is a much more effective means of expression compared to yelling. You might want to consider working on your anger issues as well if a movie is getting you this worked up. :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8

Watch how each blade movie got grittier and better!
Had there only been two Blade movies I would probably agree with you. But Trinity is widely reviled...and rightly so IMO. First-time director David Goyer capped off the trilogy horribly, much like Coppola did with Godfather III.

So, that...thing....really is supposed to be Deadpool?

Guess I could call it D.I.N.O. (Deadpool In Name Only) :p

Anywho, for those who've seen the rough cut, is this movie worth it as a nice entertaining popcorn flic (ignoring any issues about canon etc.)?

Like I said before, there might be enough wiggle room for the REAL Deadpool (aka Wade Wilson) to be alive and well in the movie series. Or at least, with an overactive healing factor (and a mouth) after escaping from Stryker and his cronies.

If the Marvel movie folks are smart, they'll say that abomination at the end of this movie is some random, unknown mutant.

It wouldn't be the first time they've retconned a story. :lol:

As for the movie itself, if you go in with lowered expectations and know that most of the cameos will be on the short side, you should be somewhat entertained.

I was initially unsure if he was right for the role, but Liev Schreiber was surprisingly good as Sabretooth. He brought a cool, in-control, sinister-ness to the character that I've rarely seen before. And though his appearance and actions are rather brief, Ryan Reynolds did a good job of conveying Wade Wilson's unique and smarmy "charm."