Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

Use acrylic flat black paint and dab it on with a sponge or a piece of toilet paper twisted to a fine point. Don't use enamel based paint, because in my opinion, the acrylic will hold up better to handling and such.

I don't think Yamato quite thought out that part about the paint getting scratched when transforming... :mellow:

-Kyp

After transforming my valk back to fighter today, I noticed my fin got another scratch in it. The first scratch is the one at the edge and it wasn't too bad, but now this new one is right smack dab in the middle and big. Just wondering if anyone else is getting scratches like this from the bump on the backplate when I fold the backpack. I've resorted to taping the area to stop further damage.

dscn9188bp7.th.jpg

I got a scratch there too. Right in the middle of the tail fin. The toy is so damn tight, that you end up squeezing it very hard when transforming, and the tail gets forcefully pressed against the back. I'd suggest to everyone to unfold the backpack before transforming anything else or even tring to put on or take off the leg fast packs.

I used a Gundam marker to fill in the scratch, though I don't know how well it will last.

Hard to get a decent pic but here

Pretty noticeable really. You'd think QC would have caught it before I did :lol:

Yeah....that sucks....sorry that happened to you mate.

:ph34r:

I got a scratch there too. Right in the middle of the tail fin. The toy is so damn tight, that you end up squeezing it very hard when transforming, and the tail gets forcefully pressed against the back. I'd suggest to everyone to unfold the backpack before transforming anything else or even tring to put on or take off the leg fast packs.

I used a Gundam marker to fill in the scratch, though I don't know how well it will last.

Well, I got this problem from day 1 and now looking at everyone's concern for the skull printing, I realized many of you also had the taifin rubbing against the dorsal antenna too. The old 1/60 valk did not have this problem, there was quite a gap between the folded backpack and the protruding antennas.

I got the bare VF-1S and bought the strike parts separately, then found out about the tailfin rubbing against the back, also paid more than if I had got the set pack (it was sold out), and to make matters worse, I made a mistake with the skull sticker on the strike part and now need a new black skull sticker (even though I am not sure I will be using the strike parts that much)...even considered purchasing a whole new set, but then realized I really only need a black skull sticker...maybe the Hikaru TV version may be the answer since it has a white tailfin anyway?

Edited by regult

ok, I voted perfect when I got my 1S and handling it for 2 days...transform it a couple of times but not much like... 5 times tops and left it in battroid on my shelf, it's been almost a month and I decided to check a few things on my 1S... transformed it to fighter, then to gerwalk and in the process I heard a snap and something hit the floor, when I looked at the floor I noticed a small round white piece, couldn't find where it was from and thought that was not from my valk since a few things go click and clack when locking them in positions, but decided to check thinking it was the peg that holds the leg on fighter since I was applying pressure there but the pegs were ok....

left it in gerwalk and got a bite to eat, while eating the paraonia bug hit me and decided to checked it again after I was done and then I saw it, the freaking hinge, the outer edge it broke, the hinge is in place and holds if I leave it in its position in battroid, but since it's edge is gone it's become very loose and I'm sure that if constant handleing continues since it now has only one point of support it will break exactly like the pic that appear earlier on the 2chan forum...

damn it! will post pics later...

ok pics...

looks ok...

shit01.jpg

look closely...there it is

shit02.jpg

and there's the piece

shit03.jpg

I don't know if this thing can be glued or not, will try maybe tomorrow when I'm more calmed down but I just have to say one thing, I build models (not the best looking models), but I know how to handle delicate things, this is a toy but I yet still handle it like a model and the stupid things breaks, I'm having PTSD flashback already from the stupid neck hinge of the YF-19, this is anger talking but I bought a fvcking toy so I can play with it from time to time and hold up fine, NOT A FVCKING 140+ USD MODEL TO KEEP SHELFED OR TO KEEP CONSTANTLY FIXING WITH RECASTED PARTS OR NAIL POLISH WHATEVER...THIS IS RETARTED!!!!

this is going to sound odd, but the shoulder was already in position locked, I was locking the legs bar in its place to transform it to gerwalk and heard a snap, and was applying pressure om the legs and back, not the hinge, which made me think it was the peg that hold the leg in fighter initially I guess somehow while locking the bar in place it applied pressure on the shoulder hinge against it's own housing and gave... it's the only explanation I can think off

and it's definitely a defect, cause all the reported breakage have been from the exact same hinge and edge during transformation

this is going to sound odd, but the shoulder was already in position locked, I was locking the legs bar in its place to transform it to gerwalk and heard a snap, and was applying pressure om the legs and back, not the hinge, which made me think it was the peg that hold the leg in fighter initially I guess somehow while locking the bar in place it applied pressure on the shoulder hinge against it's own housing and gave... it's the only explanation I can think off

and it's definitely a defect, cause all the reported breakage have been from the exact same hinge and edge during transformation

wolfx mentioned a while back that in gerwalk mode, the shoulder hinge is under pressure from the thigh piece and wings. What I think happened, is that the hinge broke under the strain/pressure from those 2 parts as you snapped the leg bar into place.

yeah...exactly what I thought, perhaps the bar is too thick on the right side or is not completely straight and angled more to the right adding extra pressure on the right shoulder hinge stressing it up to a point that it eventually breaks, for now, noone has reported breakage on the left shoulder hinge....

the problem could be the hip bar itself and not the hinge added to the limited space where the hinge houses in

Edited by Valkyrie addict

for the future releases, maybe. but i would doubt that a solution would be given by yamato for any broken v.2 valks that have already been purchased. <_<

maybe in Japan, but those of us overseas will probably have to pay for any fixes. I still think that part is getting stuck on the locking tab on and stressed during transformation.

Still trying to wrap my head around how this breakage is happening.

Looking at the shoulder hinge pin, there looks to be IMO enough plastic around it that it should in theory be strong enough to withstand all but the roughest handling. It's not like Yamato just put a paper thickness of plastic there.

I've got a pre-production test shot that I've had since long before the production version was released that has been transformed a great many times and it is even tighter than the production version. This shows no stress marks in the shoulder hinge area at all.

Likewise, my production VF-1S and VF-1A seem fine so far.

Have to look into this some more.

Graham

Looking at the shoulder hinge pin, there looks to be IMO enough plastic around it that it should in theory be strong enough to withstand all but the roughest handling. It's not like Yamato just put a paper thickness of plastic there.

I've got a pre-production test shot that I've had since long before the production version was released that has been transformed a great many times and it is even tighter than the production version. This shows no stress marks in the shoulder hinge area at all.

Likewise, my production VF-1S and VF-1A seem fine so far.

Have to look into this some more.

Have you tried either moving the arms without supporting the hinge, or swiveling them out from fighter to gerwalk mode, without pulling the hinge up and over the stopper? If you try moving the arms by themselves, without supporting the hinge, you can definitely feel where the tension is coming from, and how it bears down on the hinge.