Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

I would take some pics...but mine is in Battroid right now and I don't feel like TFing it...but I assure you that mine are as straight as Kyps. Also...I was hoping that the "UN SPACY" on the Gunpod would be not one right and one wrong but it is.....eh.....still looks cool. :D

:ph34r:

Guys, I need some tips on VF-1S...

This is my first VF-1 ever and in transformation manual at Step 11, from fighter to gerwalk, I don't know how the release the shoulder-arm assembly between the legs. I couldn't figure it out how to release two parallel shoulders at the same time between the parallel legs???

I need some advices :)

Guys, I need some tips on VF-1S...

This is my first VF-1 ever and in transformation manual at Step 11, from fighter to gerwalk, I don't know how the release the shoulder-arm assembly between the legs. I couldn't figure it out how to release two parallel shoulders at the same time between the parallel legs???

I need some advices :)

move the legs to the gerwalk position (all the way) first to have space to move the shoulders/arms outward...

My story isn't finished yet. A ccouple of days after, when I contacted the shop that sold me the VF-1S with missing nose gear tires and ask if I can get replacement, he agreed to to give me replacement. :lol:

The owner of this shop has been my Macross Supplier since 2003. I got from him the 1/48 VF-1A Low vis and was the first to post pictures here in MW, I recall.

Most of us here seem to notice the skull print, let me check mine right now...

My story isn't finished yet. A ccouple of days after, when I contacted the shop that sold me the VF-1S with missing nose gear tires and ask if I can get replacement, he agreed to to give me replacement. :lol:

The owner of this shop has been my Macross Supplier since 2003. I got from him the 1/48 VF-1A Low vis and was the first to post pictures here in MW, I recall.

Most of us here seem to notice the skull print, let me check mine right now...

good for you... gt?

Got mine yesterday hardly touched it so far (just fighter to battroid and put on packs but so far so good. Came a lot faster from Japan than I though it would. Shipped the 18th got it the 21st. Only complaint so far is the trouble I had putting the fast packs on the back. The bracket didn't want to go in all the way under the tail and I was afraid to use too much force but in the end I got it on.

Also no antenna?

I got mine yesterday, it's so beautiful. Forget about V1, the V2 is almost perfect.

In fact, the production toy is much better than the prototype, with almost invisible seam line.

Transformed it once, everything works fine and hold up firmly. Need practice to swing the shoulder plate though.

mine looks perfect even more that 1/48 line but have the same broken arm that the misterryno and only have one transformation

Yeesh.

Did the piece just snap off when you were moving the hinge during transformation? Or were you were simply posing the shoulder?

Edited by clchieng

Yeesh.

Did the piece just snap off when you were moving the hinge during transformation? Or were you were simply posing the shoulder?

Mine happened when moving the shoulder for transformation....I did not lift the shoulder though. My bad.

I just got mine today, and I can see where everyone is coming from with regards to the shoulders. Damn those things really are the weak links. In this area the 1/48 had the edge, you can move those shoulders with reckless abandon and not worry about a damn thing. Except the shoulders would loosen over time. Here the shoulders are very tight, probably won't loosen over time, but the hinge they are connected to is weak. Its a pain in the ass to brace the shoulders every time you want to pose the arms somehow. Nonetheless, thats the best protective measure against hinge breakage. Loosening the screws might help but has anyone tried this yet?

I still need a transformation video :unsure:

I need to get a tri-pod. I used a flexi display stand for my makeshift tri-pod for the "hinge" video. I will see if I can get a video made for ya mate.

It's huge......... :lol:

seriously, gotta be very careful when you transform it from Battroid to fighter, the hip just seem tight. Gotta release the chest plate, with some force to push the hip bar upwards to release it out.

:lol: That's what she said :p

Yeah...the hip is tricky...that's the reason I made that vid for everyone in the "noob transforming of the v.2 1/60" topic.

After transforming my valk back to fighter today, I noticed my fin got another scratch in it. The first scratch is the one at the edge and it wasn't too bad, but now this new one is right smack dab in the middle and big. Just wondering if anyone else is getting scratches like this from the bump on the backplate when I fold the backpack. I've resorted to taping the area to stop further damage.

dscn9188bp7.th.jpg

Edited by jackdaniels