Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

MOTHER F#CKER!

Add my VF-1S to the list with fractured shoulders.

I made sure that I loosened the tension on the screw holes too.

It's been in Fighter Mode for the last month. Low and behold I found a fracture on the right side a few minutes ago.

Thanks for nothing Yamato.

ya know, i think we should have another poll.

just for the lucky ones (like me) who don't have any issues (broken/fractures/etc) with their Roy-1S v2 since delivery and playing.

B))

remember to not make an overly complicate mess of a poll like the one I did :lol: :lol: according to it, Kawamori trolled my ass :D

Just pulled my standalone VF-1S out of the box 15 minuets ago and while loosening the shoulders, I discovered the tell tale crack. I'm seriously never buying another toy from Yamato again. Those Mother F*ckers did it to me this time, and I don't care whether or not I get banned for slinging epithets and pajoratives about, and frankly with the amount of cash that I sank into this thing on my budget, I do deserve to be angry. All animus aside, I will be putting some epoxy on the shoulder tonight in an attempt at saving this piece of junk, if it fails, I'll order a spare, and if that fails, I'll be folding my macross tent forever. :angry:

P.S, I did however, enjoy my Halloween night and thinking of the scantily clad girls that wouldn't have danced with me with had I not been wearing a bedsheet with two eye holes has been comforting through the whole of this ordeal. I'll report back with pictures later, but this has by far, been a disappointing cap to an otherwise favorable weekend.

C.S

Just pulled my standalone VF-1S out of the box 15 minuets ago and while loosening the shoulders, I discovered the tell tale crack. I'm seriously never buying another toy from Yamato again. Those Mother F*ckers did it to me this time, and I don't care whether or not I get banned for slinging epithets and pajoratives about, and frankly with the amount of cash that I sank into this thing on my budget, I do deserve to be angry. All animus aside, I will be putting some epoxy on the shoulder tonight in an attempt at saving this piece of junk, if it fails, I'll order a spare, and if that fails, I'll be folding my macross tent forever. :angry:

P.S, I did however, enjoy my Halloween night and thinking of the scantily clad girls that wouldn't have danced with me with had I not been wearing a bedsheet with two eye holes has been comforting through the whole of this ordeal. I'll report back with pictures later, but this has by far, been a disappointing cap to an otherwise favorable weekend.

C.S

I did apply some epoxy to the offending joint and it seems to be holding for now; it was actually quite fun tearing the thing apart but I digress...

I've got a hairline crack on the left shoulder, thought it was a seam line, then I realized that the other shoulder doesn't have it....

I noticed that I had this hairline all along, so far nothing has happened, but I am still pissed. Also the pins on both shoulders are facing opposite directions. The ragged end is facing up on the left shoulder in battroid mode, while the ragged end is facing down on the right shoulder.

If Yamato really is making the VF-1D shoulders out of new material(crosses fingers), then I will just wait to get replacement parts once that comes out. I don't want to take any chances, especially when a member posted a month or so ago about getting a replacement part that broke before he even put it on the toy! WTF?!

Yamato should just use the shoulder joint found on the v1 1/60, I have NEVER heard of breakages on that particular part.

I've got a hairline crack on the left shoulder, thought it was a seam line, then I realized that the other shoulder doesn't have it....

I noticed that I had this hairline all along, so far nothing has happened, but I am still pissed. Also the pins on both shoulders are facing opposite directions. The ragged end is facing up on the left shoulder in battroid mode, while the ragged end is facing down on the right shoulder.

If Yamato really is making the VF-1D shoulders out of new material(crosses fingers), then I will just wait to get replacement parts once that comes out. I don't want to take any chances, especially when a member posted a month or so ago about getting a replacement part that broke before he even put it on the toy! WTF?!

Yamato should just use the shoulder joint found on the v1 1/60, I have NEVER heard of breakages on that particular part.

Has anyone tried that yet?

Just perform the fix I mentioned in the other thread man, slide the shoulder armor off, and loosen the shoulder screws to your heart's content! That way, you just have to worry about lifting the shoulder hinge over the stopper during transformation, rather than worry about the arms breaking during posing.

I am sorry that I tried to look it up but I couldn't figure out which thread it is... Would you please point me to the right direction?

Thanks very much!

Has anyone tried that yet?

The old 1/60 had a more traditional shoulder assembly/transformation, like the 1/55 chunky. It was solid as heck and locks into place in battroid, but had very limited poseability - the worse of any VF-1 toy.

yam_vf1_trans_step07.jpg

The VF-0 has the same shoulder hinge style as the v2 1/60 VF-1, and hasn't had issues (at that location anyways). It's just a matter of inadequate material thickness, poor material choice, and sloppy assembly QC.

The old 1/60 had a more traditional shoulder assembly/transformation, like the 1/55 chunky. It was solid as heck and locks into place in battroid, but had very limited poseability - the worse of any VF-1 toy.

yam_vf1_trans_step07.jpg

The VF-0 has the same shoulder hinge style as the v2 1/60 VF-1, and hasn't had issues (at that location anyways). It's just a matter of inadequate material thickness, poor material choice, and sloppy assembly QC.

My statement was meant to be more of a joke than anything else, but aside from the shoulder hinge, I am quite impressed with my valkyrie. I just wish that a strong spare or recast could be found without resorting to buying a newer issue and scraping that one for parts.

Got my VF-1S (plain w/o SSP) today. A complaint: I got a black dot on the yellow stripe of the chest.

I've never had such an incident on for dozen of 1/48 models, so I firmly believed it's just dust when I got the toy.

But when I went home, it is verified as black paint/ ink. I tried to scratch it away from finger nails (first thumb of rule: no scratch mark) but to no avail. I thought about using a cutter, but I know my sticky fingers better.

It wasn't that conspicuous from over 1 foot or 2, but it is quite readily to be seen when close enough.

It is not a big deal (am going to buy a yellow paint and dot it with a tooth-pick someday), but I am not content!

Give it a few transformations then you'll start to see the stress marks.

I've transformed mine quite a few times and done a fair amount of posing with that evil right arm in battroid mode and no stress marks or breaks.

Looking forward to my VF-1A Hikaru which is soon to be on its' way! Yay! :)

Pete

The 1/60 is not the 1/48

so you have to be gentle

Considering the parts are really tight you tend to force a bit-1 But don't

You need to hold the shoulder attaches carefully when pulling out the arms from fighter to battroid or gerwalk ... I even take out the front of the canopy and the head

The 1/60 is pretty but 1/48 rock way much better...

I will not buy more

I am done with vf-1 :p

the funny thing is that I prefer not putting the armor on ^_^

Edited by Ghostkiller

The 1/60 is not the 1/48

so you have to be gentle

Considering the parts are really tight you tend to force a bit-1 But don't

WE KNOW. I have extensively handled both the v2 1/60 I own, and the 1/48. Unlike most of you I handle these things quite often and am not afraid to do so. The 1/60 is more durable in every area than the 1/48 except for two:

-shoulder hinge

-opening panel beneath the nose.

I have also stated many times that the fragility of Yamato's has always been greatly exaggerated. At the same time, there have been questionable oversights made, such as the shoulder hinge on the v2 1/60. The prone parts of breakage on the 1/48 are the 1/48 and maybe the intakes, but that hasn't happened to me. Again there is no excuse, Yamato came close with the v2 1/60, had that shoulder hinge been rectified before production, it would have been the most durable valk toy out there, second only to the 1/55. You can argue all you want about how this is not meant to be handled and how we have to treat as if it is a mass produced piece of transforming porcelain, but the fact is, only one thing stops it from being the most durable modern VF-1 toy out there.

you get nervous all the time when it comes to yamato toys

Are you kidding me? I am no stranger to these toys. Where do you think I even came up with the idea to loosen the shoulders? By handling it! Again, the v2 1/60 is highly sturdy and durable except for that specific area, and the nose latch but even that is not a pain once you figure out the best method to dislodge the hips(which literally only takes seconds). To tell someone to be careful while handling any toy aimed at an older audience is stating the obvious. I don't even think the steps you listed of taking off the head and front of the canopy are even necessary, and David Hingtgen already described how to ease pressure on the shoulder hinge while swiveling it in place for transformation. Nervous? No. Being honest and giving a thorough review and constructive criticism? Yes.

once you figure out the best method to dislodge the hips(which literally only takes seconds).

How would you recommend doing that? I've been contemplating dislodging my battroid's hips for some time now - it's much tighter than the 1/48 since the nose-latch closes over the hip bar and then the swing bar folds over that... (hopefully you know what I mean - I can post a picture if I'm being unclear).

To return to fighter mode - to take the hips out of the nose - it's somewhat complex and I'm deliberating what the best way to do this would be without putting undue stress somewhere.

How do you do it?

Pete

this is free bord anyway so you can go on and on bitching on yammies for the sake of your B beloved company

You think I am bitching about this because I like Bandai? It has nothing to do with that! I give constructive criticism because I like the v2 1/60 a lot, more than the 1.48 even, and yes I have both and even the v1 1/60. I simply do not want breakages on a toy, and think that more thorough testing on Yamato's part could have prevented such breakage. Again, it is close to being the most durable VF-1 toy ever made. The way the FAST pack armor attaches and detaches is brilliant.

How would you recommend doing that?

Pull the back towards you. This angles the swing bar. Swing both legs downward simultaneously. This will pop the latch open and expose the hips. At this point, push upwards from the bottom(as in bottom of the feet), this pushes the hip bar out of the nose cavity, and you are done. This literally only takes seconds.

Screem and Shin:

Thanks guys! I've done it now a couple of times. As always with valkyrie - you have to know the sequence exactly and get a feel for how all of the parts jibe with one another. I think I've got the hang of it now.

Pete

Got my 1/60 valks - both 1S and 1A...

I have a feeling I got 'not the first batch' VF-1S - there was no problem with anything whatsoever! awesome. Ditto with the 1A, except it had a broken backpack flap (you know the thing that hangs on two hinges under the main backpack) when I opened it.

Has anyone else had that problem? It's minor - but pretty annoying for a $160 (australian at least) toy.

Got my 1/60 valks - both 1S and 1A...

I have a feeling I got 'not the first batch' VF-1S - there was no problem with anything whatsoever! awesome. Ditto with the 1A, except it had a broken backpack flap (you know the thing that hangs on two hinges under the main backpack) when I opened it.

Has anyone else had that problem? It's minor - but pretty annoying for a $160 (australian at least) toy.

Who did you get them off? Why not ask for a re-fund?

Who did you get them off? Why not ask for a re-fund?

Well, the 1S I got from HLJ, the 1A I picked up in Hong Kong. I only opened the thing up when I got back to Aus! I retain my receipt, but... I think it would be worthless now. I aint going back to Hong kong to exhange the figure.

Besides, the 1A I got for $100 cheaper than what we can get, in Aus, from overseas - so I wasn't terribly upset. I can still sort of slot it in the right place in both up and down positions. Ill put a pic up maybe... when I get a chance

I was a bit surprised as well - but it looks like it was packed with the arms slightly skewed... The thing is, though, I couldn't find the missing chipped-off part that I could have simply glued back on! Made me wonder if they (the store) took it out for display, broke it and put the figure back in... But based on the lack of box-fold that seems unlikely to be the case.

At any rate, the fact that the rest of it works well is my consolation. Id be more peeved if it were the 1S, just quietly

lol, well you can always use her for spare parts in the long run, seeing how you got the 1A much cheaper.

I guess so! Though I'd be hesitant with my clumsy hands to do that - prob more harm than good would come of it!

After reading the majority of this thread, I went to check all of the problems listed with the ones I recently got (and have been transforming fancy-free for a while) - Was so relieved that none of the problems have surfaced (bar perhaps a rather tightly ball jointed right arm - which is present on both 1A and 1S). Stoked. And one guys fix for the rubbing away of paint from the tailfin - use a permanent marker (for small spots at least) - great idea. Getting paints right can be hard. Its fortunate though that you dont need to use the hook at the end of the backpack to hold the backpack close (thus rubbing paint away) - its pretty tight.

I still haven't voted in this poll.

I got my VF1S a few months back, and it was perfect at first, though now several transformations later I've noticed a terrifying fracture on the shoulder hinge. That said It still hasn't broken so I guess we wait and see. So for now I wont vote either option.

While I'd like to get another 1/60 as everything else about the toy is awesome. With the Aussie dollar the way it it I'm hesitant untill we learn more about this shoulder debacle. Does anyone know if Yamoto has taken steps to strengthen it with the new releases?