Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

I didn't notice that either and I just tried it this morning. Neat!

Yeah...when I TFed mine into Battroid mode last night I was like...."hmmmmm.....wonder why these move.....OH NEAT!"

:ph34r:

You wouldn't like misterryno when he's angry. (mysterryno, wear stretchier pants next time!)

you wouldn't like me if I was hungry either :huh:

Well for me 'hungry' typically progresses quickly to 'angry', so I know what you mean. :D

:lol::lol::lol: Same here.

"all right lunch time! What do you mean we have a project due and I can't go to lunch right now! WHAT!!! NO!!!! :angry: "

:lol::lol::lol: Same here.

"all right lunch time! What do you mean we have a project due and I can't go to lunch right now! WHAT!!! NO!!!! :angry: "

My wife is the same. We found out near the beginning of our relationship that most of our arguments/fights are due to us both being hungry, and as soon as we eat whatever we were fighting about becomes a non-issue. Now if things start to escalate we just make a quick decision on what/where to eat. :D

Back on topic- I wonder if Yamato is going to make the trippy canopy a standard for every release or if they'll mix it up a little and release a few birds with crystal-clear canopies? Even though I like the effect I think I'd prefer my 1D with a clear canopy.

Back on topic- I wonder if Yamato is going to make the trippy canopy a standard for every release or if they'll mix it up a little and release a few birds with crystal-clear canopies? Even though I like the effect I think I'd prefer my 1D with a clear canopy.

I wondered the same....but I am thinking that they will stick to the rainbow effect. Yamato seems to have a way of sticking with things once it's done.

Yeah, I think the rainbow canopies are here to stay. They're quirky, and we all know how the Japanese love quirky stuff. :p

I'm no fan of the rainbow canopy, but it don't bother me anymore since you can wash off the effect with some acrylic paint thinner. Thanks Kyp!

LOL..you're welcome, but as I said in that thread, I only did it because the left side edge of the left rear view mirror inside the cockpit rubbed off a small dot of the finish. <_<

But since I now have a clear canopy Roy 1S, I'm debating if I'm gonna have to do this to any other Valk I get to keep it consistant... :wacko:

Just be careful with how much the sides of those rear view mirrors rub the inside of the canopy, otherwise you're gonna have the same small dot rubbed off on yours too.

-Kyp

Call me old school, but I want an amber canopy, with the new coating too.

Hey look, now there are 10 'broken' votes. I'll buy that there are lurkers voting and not posting, but 8 out of 10? I don't know about that. Not that I really care, I have the thing and I love it so the poll, she is meaningless to me.

Hey look, now there are 10 'broken' votes. I'll buy that there are lurkers voting and not posting, but 8 out of 10? I don't know about that. Not that I really care, I have the thing and I love it so the poll, she is meaningless to me.

yes, for me the poll has become meaningless. IMO, there are only three verified as "Broken" - two here in the forum, and one is Malaysian

^I agree, as awesome as my Roy 1S non FP is, if they don't post, their votes are toast.

BTW, both skulls on my non fast pack Roy are so straight, that if they're off at all, it's beyond my ability to notice. And as detail-anal as I am, that's really saying something.

Congrats Yamato, you've finally learned how to put the skulls on straight, too bad it took you over 5 years to get it right on the VF-1 series... :rolleyes:

-Kyp

^I agree, as awesome as my Roy 1S non FP is, if they don't post, their votes are toast.

BTW, both skulls on my non fast pack Roy are so straight, that if they're off at all, it's beyond my ability to notice. And as detail-anal as I am, that's really saying something.

Congrats Yamato, you've finally learned how to put the skulls on straight, too bad it took you over 5 years to get it right on the VF-1 series... :rolleyes:

-Kyp

Mine look straight as well. I am VERY impressed with all the tampo on this bad boy.

I just got mine, looks great, but since this is my first valk I'm afraid of doing anything to it other than opening the canopy.

edit: omg i just broke part of the fin thing thats on the underside of fighter when i tried to fold them

like broke broke? Shoot....you need to pull them out before folding. To late now. Sorry mate. :(

I just got mine, looks great, but since this is my first valk I'm afraid of doing anything to it other than opening the canopy.

edit: omg i just broke part of the fin thing thats on the underside of fighter when i tried to fold them

Before you try doing anything else :

STOP.

Read the instruction manual.

Read it again.

If there's anything you're not sure of, ask here.

-Kyp

It doesn't seem too bad. The part that broke is the bottom yellow thing that you're supposed to pull the upper fin up from. Looks like I'll be able to glue it back in with little notice, but I'll never touch that thing again.

Oddly enough, there's no mention of those fins in the manual at all.

Edited by jackdaniels

It doesn't seem too bad. The part that broke is the bottom yellow thing that you're supposed to pull the upper fin up from. Looks like I'll be able to glue it back in with little notice, but I'll never touch that thing again.

Oddly enough, there's no mention of those fins in the manual at all.

If it's what I think you're saying it is, then that's no big deal. Just be sure that if you try to fold them that you pull the flap out then try folding it.

It's really only for the full GPB battroid mode only armor as you'll need to be able to fold them for that.

-Kyp

I voted the not perfect not broken option. The skull on the right tailfin seems to be double printed so theres like a blurred effect.

Oh, that sucks A$$ man. :(

You could tape off the tail fins and repaint the black part with Tamiya Flat black and use the skull stickers and then seal it with Tamiya dull coat to keep the stickers from peeling.

Or, you could just Ebay it and get another one, but that would be kind of a pain in the ass too... <_<

I don't know what to tell you otherwise, if it was me that would bug the crap out of me to no end.

-Kyp

Even though I broke the leg fin on my own, I sorta blame the manual since it literally covers every movable part on the thing except that.

Did you read Graham's review?

"However, a word of warning. The leg fins need to be gently pulled out a couple of mm (you'll hear a click when they are pulled out as far as they can go), before you try to fold them. Failure to extend the leg fins before folding them may resort in breakage"

I voted the not perfect not broken option. The skull on the right tailfin seems to be double printed so theres like a blurred effect. Even though I broke the leg fin on my own, I sorta blame the manual since it literally covers every movable part on the thing except that.

Pic?

I just would like to see how bad this has have been for people.