Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

QUOTE (chowyunskinny @ Aug 6 2008, 08:28 AM)

Guess Yamato heard about the trickiness with releasing the swingbar from the nose section they created a page about it

Thanks! This really helps. I was thinking that my V.2 1/60 would only make four complete transformations before I somehow break this lid part underneath the nose. I mean, the third time I transformed it from battoid to fighter made, it took me more than 40 minutes since I was being careful not to damage this part.

I voted mine as broken but then again I leid just to be a troll and give a skewed perception of the polls :D

Thank you for confessing. I think that is very brave and kind of you. It is strangely honorable.

Hey guys, I think that threatening bans on people who confess, especially after I asked them to confess, is not going to help the situation because then if others who did the same hear that someone got banned then they will not confess. I dont think he should be banned. Personally I just want to thank him.

Now the rest of you poll-skewers please confess too and we will get some accurate statistics to work with. Thanks.

I don't have any problem just using my finger nails. And I bite mine to holy hell.

How come you used a hobby blade. There must be a dozen other things that you could have used with the same thickness but less scratching potential.

Yeah, my bad using the craft knife. But there really isn't anything that would fit in between the cover and intake and have the structural integrity to be used as leverage. The gaps are too thin. I'd take a pic but my valk is in the office right now (using my home computer). A hobby knife seemed the logical choice at the time.

One question though...

Just how exactly THIN are your fingernails that you can use them to open the intakes? Man, I wouldn't want to have a catfight with you...! ^_^

Anyway, for the VF-0S, the manual says to press down on the bottom of the intake cover to pop them out. That doesn't seem to work with the v.2 1S though.

Any other trick the other v.2 1/60 owners here use to open their intakes?

Any other trick the other v.2 1/60 owners here use to open their intakes?

They are frackin tight, and the only way I could pry them off was also with the edge of a rounded hobby blade. No fingernail short of a newborn baby's is going to fit in that little crack.

I just leave the covers on anyways, since I think the intake fans being right at the intake opening looks silly (on all Yamato valks, not just this one).

yup, but this poll isn't looking for opinions but facts from those who bought the toys. This renders their votes invalid.

@ Moderators:

Is it possible to have just two votes for the broken? From what I remember, only one broken was valid and the other one got his valk without a head (which was solved afaik). The other votes are obviously pranks, of which only one had the balls to fess up. This will keep the poll in line of what it's intended to be.

My valk came without the head AND the hinges on the door for the hip-bar snapped off like they were butter.

Yeah, my bad using the craft knife. But there really isn't anything that would fit in between the cover and intake and have the structural integrity to be used as leverage. The gaps are too thin. I'd take a pic but my valk is in the office right now (using my home computer). A hobby knife seemed the logical choice at the time.

One question though...

Just how exactly THIN are your fingernails that you can use them to open the intakes? Man, I wouldn't want to have a catfight with you...! ^_^

:lol:

Edited by Alex

I use a small flat head screwdriver to get those intakes open, as well as getting the landing gear out.

Thanks! I'll try that one out!

No scratches inside the intake for you then?

The screwdriver I use has a rounded tip, it's the ones I use on my glasses. If your screwdriver is kinda edgy, you could try wrapping it with a thin sheet of tissue paper.

I use a simple pin. I was in a wedding I while back and they used a long pin or needle or whatever you call it to pin the flower to my lapel. I've been using that ever since to apply stickers, open landing gear doors and cockpit canopies and, yes, to remove the air intake covers. It's pretty low tech but it works just fine.

Hi everyone!

This is my first posting...I just received mine today from HLJ via SAL shipping.

I was surprised cause they shipped out on 7/29, took only 10 days to southern Calif.

I've transformed in all three modes and they are just perfect in all modes. Just awesome!!!

Hi everyone!

This is my first posting...I just received mine today from HLJ via SAL shipping.

I was surprised cause they shipped out on 7/29, took only 10 days to southern Calif.

I've transformed in all three modes and they are just perfect in all modes. Just awesome!!!

Congrats MacrossF, and welcome :D

Hi everyone!

Lucky. I'm still waiting for mine, and I had everything done on the same date. Maybe today is the day?

Has anybody ordered from Over-Drive? How long do they take for the valk to arrive at your door step?

I preordered with Overdrive and received my VF-1S Strike 30th of July. By the way I'm from Argentina (South America), can't remember when the VF-1S hit the streets in Japan but I got it really quick. Must have been like four days :)

Ken from Toy-wave and Kevin from Valkyrie-exchange are very fast too, when they have the items in stock!!

I cast a vote for 'perfect'. Although there is one thing that concerns me and that is the shoulders. Unless I'm transforming it wrong the square panels that fold out and hold the arms, the ones that are on the hinge that was broken in the 2Chan photo, do not lock into anything in Battroid mode. They just sort of sit there and can be moved around with the arm. They seem sturdy and the arms aren't floppy or loose, but my concern is that when you move the arm it puts unnecessary strain on the hinges, especially since the shoulder joints are very tight on mine. I'm making a conscious effort to brace the hinge with a fingertip each time I want to move the shoulder, but I'd like to not have to do that. Again, if I'm doing it wrong and that piece locks into something please let me know.

Otherwise- WOW. This is the first Macross toy I've handled from Yamato that actually feels like a toy. Everything lines up perfectly, holds in place perfectly, opens perfectly, moves perfectly and nothing feels like it's on the verge of snapping. The plastic just feels good in my hands if that makes sense. It's heavy, too. Or at least heavier than it looks like it would be.

I love the size of this thing. While I certainly never hated the size of the 1/48, it was a very big bird and, while impressive, didn't scream 'play with me!' quite like the 1/60 v2 does. Absolutely love this thing, and as an added bonus I didn't even have a hard time getting the legs to pop out of the nosecone. As long as the shoulders hold up I have zero complaints or concerns. Kudos, Yamato. I'll take a D and a J now, please. And a low-viz A. And an Angelbirds. :)

Edited by eriku

Mine arrived last saturday from HLJ, but I have had no time until now to play with it.

This is first 1/60 from yamato so I was a bit apprehensive about the transformation. Took me about an hour to transform all three modes, with and with-out the fast packs. Had no problems at all. :D

I voted perfect, but I have a few nit-picks:

I cast a vote for 'perfect'. Although there is one thing that concerns me and that is the shoulders. Unless I'm transforming it wrong the square panels that fold out and hold the arms, the ones that are on the hinge that was broken in the 2Chan photo, do not lock into anything in Battroid mode. They just sort of sit there and can be moved around with the arm. They seem sturdy and the arms aren't floppy or loose, but my concern is that when you move the arm it puts unnecessary strain on the hinges, especially since the shoulder joints are very tight on mine. I'm making a conscious effort to brace the hinge with a fingertip each time I want to move the shoulder, but I'd like to not have to do that. Again, if I'm doing it wrong and that piece locks into something please let me know.

- I too wondered about the shoulders as the arrangement does look flimsy.

- I wish the UNSpacy logo on the right half of the gun was not upside down.

- And has been mentioned before of the attaching and detaching of the missles on the wings. The hardpoints look as though they will wear after a few too many placements.

Overall, the VF-1S looks great in all three modes. I have already preordered a VF-1A, and hoping for a Max DYRL? and VF-1D.

Edited by Ralto

First post!

Got my own VF-1S today, It also happens to be my first Macross/Yamato toy and it looks so cool!

Voted for the first option after playing around in Fighter/Gerwalk modes, kinda jumped the gun a bit there as I ran into my first issue during battroid transformation, just a small problem with one of the legs/intakes.

Given that it was my first time playing with one of these things I took extreme care when transforming the toy, however during the transformation to battroid I discovered that one of the locking tabs had split apart, this part of the manual points exactly at it here. If you look at the inset at the top left hand corner of the page numbered '2'. The arrow points exactly at where it's fractured on mine, the split is on the outermost edge of the tab where the pressure is when you tilt the hips inwards to disconnect them from the fuselage, This piece will probably shear off completely after another transformation.

Other than that, theres a stiff left shoulder & elbow which ill loosen up to relieve stress placed on the shoulder while posing, no biggie.

Added my thumbs up vote, who voted the 9th broken vote?

-Kyp

IT WAS ME!!! No....not really...I have yet to vote. I will see about voting tomorrow. I still need to TF him into Battroid. So far so good though. 2...maybe even 3 thumbs up here. :blink::huh::D

:ph34r:

This is getting silly now. I'm more than convinced that this Vote/no comment business is just to screw around.

I've been lurking around some of the Japanese forums the last few days and I haven't seen ANY broken reports/pics etc.

- I too wondered about the shoulders as the arrangement does look flimsy.

- I wish the UNSpacy logo on the right half of the gun was not upside down.

- And has been mentioned before of the attaching and detaching of the missles on the wings. The hardpoints look as though they will wear after a few too many placements.

Overall, the VF-1S looks great in all three modes. I have already preordered a VF-1A, and hoping for a Max DYRL? and VF-1D.

The shoulder arrangement is legitimate cause for concern. Becareful when moving it around....especially in gerwalk mode.

And as for the missiles....i have a hassle free way for attaching and detaching them. If you look at the hardpoints, there's a very small hardly noticeable groove that helps lock the missiles down tightly. If you were to turn the missiles towards the fuselage and attach/detach them, you'll not go through the grooves allowing for easy attachment detachment. Reorientate the missiles and they will slip under the grooves and sit tightly under the wings. When detaching, spin the missiles pointing towards the fuselage as far as it can go and voila...it pops off easily. ;)

Sorry if this was mentioned before though.

That's a Malaysian owned VF-1S! (judging from the all too familiar express envelope in the background)

Darn.... that chip looks nasty :S

Yeap its malaysian. And freakin ouch....even has some black paint came off the shoulders. I am really afraid of that part seriously. Even now I'm holding the flap with my fingers while turning the shoulders or moving it in any way.

Even now I'm holding the flap with my fingers while turning the shoulders or moving it in any way.

I'm doing the same. It's a good way to prevent putting any stress to that flap.

I've had mine for almost two weeks now, and after numerous transformations everything is holding nice and tight with no cracks at all ;)