Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

Interesting that it was like that out of the box. I wonder if this area will be a future improvement for later 1/60 valks? Granted very, very few people (possibly none from actual play) are experiencing a break there, but the general design of that spot seems to be a 'Only a matter of time' issue. Either way, I'm not worrying too much and as long as I remember to brace that spot with a finger before moving the arm it should be fine.

Edited by eriku

Either way, I'm not worrying too much and as long as I remember to brace that spot with a finger before moving the arm it should be fine.

Thats what I am going to do to, with mine. Thanks for the tips guys!

Becareful when moving it around....especially in gerwalk mode.

Avoid movement such as, moving the hinge upwards while in gerwalk? I'm trying to find all the ways to prevent breakages.

They wern't kidding about the shallow panal lines :wacko: I'm almost afraid to panal line it

I've seen it done though. I am sure you can do it to. I don't think I'm even ballsy enough to try it though.

:ph34r:

I wonder if Graham has had a chance to talk about the shoulder with yamato yet... Still can't get a feel if this is a widespread problem or if it's just a few cases but if we start getting some more verifiable reports (pictures) then I may hold off on any future purchases of this line until there's a fix from yamato.

All that would have to be done to make the shoulder hinge a non-issue would be to somehow lock the other side of it into the chest, which would give it support. As it is, the end of the square piece opposite the hinge doesn't peg into or really even rest on anything, so when you move the arm the hinge takes the brunt of the pressure. Like any hinge it's meant to just swing in or out and not be twisted from side to side. The plastic around the hinge pin is very thin so it wouldn't take much to break it.

Edited by eriku

So we still have no explanations from the peeps with the "broken" votes. That's some bull$hit. Those people that voted prob. are just pissed off cause they are to cheap to buy one.

I had a 1/48 VF-1J Millia with fast pack for a few years and never dared to transform it. Finally, with the amount of positive comments on the V.2 1/60 VF-1S, I finally picked one up during my recent visit in HK. For a newbie, the first transformation is very difficult. I managed to tranform from fighter to battledroid mode and back twice without any broken part or stress fracture. The process gets easier each time. This one is well made, thanks Yamato, although the toy is still intended for adults, not kids.

So we still have no explanations from the peeps with the "broken" votes. That's some bull$hit. Those people that voted prob. are just pissed off cause they are to cheap to buy one.

If that is the case then would it be 84 to 2?

If that is the case then would it be 84 to 2?

not sure. I'm gonna vote prob. tonight when I get home. I will see if I get a chance to TF it all the way to Battroid. It's just sitting there on my shelf in Gerwalk without the arms out mode right now. I haven't even tried putting on the Booby Ducks yet.

Thats what I am going to do to, with mine. Thanks for the tips guys!

Avoid movement such as, moving the hinge upwards while in gerwalk? I'm trying to find all the ways to prevent breakages.

Its just a badly designed shoulder so moving it in any direction would stress the alleged part. Just make sure as other people suggested to hold down the flap with a finger when you're moving it around. Gerwalk is especially tricky because the top of the shoulders will come into contact on the underside of the wings leaving mobility to be very limited so you can only move the hands in a certain angle which stresses the flap.

I don't get why are you so peeeved by the 8 votes? Its still a small percentage compared to the generally positive reviews. MW is known to have lurkers who do not post on the forums despite having an account. :ph34r:

Btw anyone able to confirm if the backpack lock hinge is actually connected to a metal bar and not plastic? This part is really making me worry that one day while transforming it it will break. Its really quite a tight lock. :huh:

I don't get why are you so peeeved by the 8 votes? Its still a small percentage compared to the generally positive reviews. MW is known to have lurkers who do not post on the forums despite having an account. ph34r.gif

That and we do have some members in Japan that may not know much english, but post here from time to time and vote in the polls.

I think everyone with a broken or flawed toy should post, sure it sucks to know that there are breakages despite the improved qc, but no one fixes problems unless they the problems are even stated.

All that would have to be done to make the shoulder hinge a non-issue would be to somehow lock the other side of it into the chest, which would give it support. As it is, the end of the square piece opposite the hinge doesn't peg into or really even rest on anything, so when you move the arm the hinge takes the brunt of the pressure. Like any hinge it's meant to just swing in or out and not be twisted from side to side. The plastic around the hinge pin is very thin so it wouldn't take much to break it.

Yup, that would be the best solution: to have another point for support for the shoulder articulation.

Do the 1/48's shoulders lock somehow?

edit: sp

Edited by GGemini

Btw anyone able to confirm if the backpack lock hinge is actually connected to a metal bar and not plastic? This part is really making me worry that one day while transforming it it will break. Its really quite a tight lock. :huh:

Today I took my chance and tried to make it pop out but I couldn't. I was using a lot of force and it didn't bend so I stopped before breaking it.

Trust me, I put it under more pressure than it actually is, so we should be safe ;)

The new Fast Pack attachment prevents the backpack from flipping down, so if the lock hinge does break, it will only cause trouble for a fastpack-less valk!!!

If the shoulder hinge piece were just a millimeter or two higher it would rest up against the neck/shoulder piece like the hinge on the 1/48 does. While still not 'locked' in place it would get some additional support. As it is now it just clears the neck/shoulder area.

Hopefully this is all much ado about nothing and we'll enjoy years of play with the 1/60 v2 and no broken shoulders.

Edited by eriku

Well.....I finally voted.....PERFECTO!!! THANKS Yamato for getting this $hit right!

I don't get why are you so peeeved by the 8 votes? Its still a small percentage compared to the generally positive reviews. MW is known to have lurkers who do not post on the forums despite having an account. :ph34r:

If you knew me...you would not think I'm peeved. I'm not whatsoever. If people have had genuine problems with their valks it is only right for them to show and say what actually is wrong instead of just voting. As far as I'm concerned. If you cannot or do not have an explanation for your vote then it should not count. So....that's that.

Well.....I finally voted.....PERFECTO!!! THANKS Yamato for getting this $hit right!

If you knew me...you would not think I'm peeved. I'm not whatsoever. If people have had genuine problems with their valks it is only right for them to show and say what actually is wrong instead of just voting. As far as I'm concerned. If you cannot or do not have an explanation for your vote then it should not count. So....that's that.

Well it does look like you are being peeved by the silent negative voters but not the silent positive voters. A forum poll is a poll is a poll is a poll.

The poll allows for anonymous voting so people are entitled to whatever they vote, reason or not. That's that. ;)

And yet we already have one guy here who admitted he fraked with the poll because he felt like it. I think it's not unreasonable to ask people who are claiming that their toy is DOA to provide proof.

We've seen in the past that with the garland and the vf-0 that photo proof can be presented to yamato as proof and to help give us speedy fixes. It also benefits members so that we know what potential problem areas to look out for.

So. Try not to pose the arms that much?

From what I have read(I am very anxious to get this so I have been reading up on ways to avoid breakage), its more like you can pose the arms, just try to hold the shoulder hinge while doing so, to ease up the tension on it.

And yet we already have one guy here who admitted he fraked with the poll because he felt like it.

What a douche.

I think it's not unreasonable to ask people who are claiming that their toy is DOA to provide proof.

I do agree, but we need to take into account that some of our members here may not know english that well. Over the years we have had members join that give us news or talk about toy releases overseas, and have limited english. Numbers are universal so a poll is easier for them to vote in as opposed to post in.

The shoulder arrangement is legitimate cause for concern. Becareful when moving it around....especially in gerwalk mode.

And as for the missiles....i have a hassle free way for attaching and detaching them. If you look at the hardpoints, there's a very small hardly noticeable groove that helps lock the missiles down tightly. If you were to turn the missiles towards the fuselage and attach/detach them, you'll not go through the grooves allowing for easy attachment detachment. Reorientate the missiles and they will slip under the grooves and sit tightly under the wings. When detaching, spin the missiles pointing towards the fuselage as far as it can go and voila...it pops off easily. ;)

Sorry if this was mentioned before though.

Thanks for the advice on the hardpoints. The Valk will basically be displayed, I will transform now and again depending on which mode takes my interest at the time. So I should have no long term problems - as long as I am careful. :(

Can't wait for my VF-1A Hikaru. :lol:

Just picked up mine. PERFECT! Nothing is broken, everything is well made, tight and without loose pieces, joints or whatnot.

However there are a few things I've noticed:

- The shoulder joints are tight. A bit too much for my liking, I fear I might break something.

- The shoulder armor pieces can be pulled upwards, to allow better shoulder movement, which I didn't know, and couldn't find in the manual. (unless it was written somewhere in Japanese, which I cannot read)

- The leg swing bars are a nice little challenge now to get them locked into the nosecone in Battroid mode. Adds a bit of fun to the transformation process.

Overall, this one looks FANTASTIC. Best rendition of the VF-1 I've seen yet. Gerwalk mode is greatly improved and looks bad ass. Great amount of detail, the pilot looks even better than the 1/48 (despite the size) and the proportions are perfect.

10 out of 10. Everything is tight, clicks into place, with no wobbling joints at all. I'm replacing my entire 1/48 line with the new 1/60. Thank you Yamato!

Well it does look like you are being peeved by the silent negative voters but not the silent positive voters. A forum poll is a poll is a poll is a poll.

The poll allows for anonymous voting so people are entitled to whatever they vote, reason or not. That's that. ;)

I am still not peeved...but if you want me to be....it won't happen. I know how many people feel the way I do....more than the ones that feel how you do. And that's that. :D I like you wolfx.....don't make me not.

- The shoulder armor pieces can be pulled upwards, to allow better shoulder movement, which I didn't know, and couldn't find in the manual. (unless it was written somewhere in Japanese, which I cannot read)

I didn't notice that either and I just tried it this morning. Neat!

I am still not peeved...but if you want me to be....it won't happen. I know how many people feel the way I do....more than the ones that feel how you do. And that's that. :D I like you wolfx.....don't make me not.

It was never a contest between "how i feel" vs "how you feel". I was just stating the fact that the poll mechanism allows anonymous votes and to b**** and whine about the silent negative votes is just ..... pointless. ^_^

No no....pls dun hate me. :(

I need some lovin too.