Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

Any warning you have on the feet? Because they really aren't coming out and I think I'm gonna break the legs trying to pry them out. Kinda sucks having a battroid that can stand up.

I had to put a bit of elbow grease into it...but it wasn't that hard.

:ph34r:

You think that after five years Yamato would FINALLY get it right but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :angry:

Instead of giving it a perfect score I have a valid complaint.

That stinks man. Sorry to see that happen to you. :(

Mine are both dead on, but then again I've got the stand alone version without fast packs. Maybe they resolved that issue with the non fast pack version and later?

-Kyp

No siree bob...mine is the combo version and it's just fine.

You think that after five years Yamato would FINALLY get it right but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :angry:

Instead of giving it a perfect score I have a valid complaint.

I believe that Graham's is off like that too, but mine is just fine :

PICT2796.JPG

Maybe some were f*cked up and it was caught and fixed during the run? :huh:

-Kyp

I believe that Graham's is off like that too, but mine is just fine :

Maybe some were f*cked up and it was caught and fixed during the run? :huh:

-Kyp

That's my thought on it as well. DAMN!!! That is one GORGEOUS bird! I love it!

Fellas. Be careful not to apply any accidental pressure to the bits of plastic underneath the leg flaps.

They're not glued on very well and one came off while I was transforming it from Fighter to Battroid Mode. Easily repairable with some regular glue.

post-31-1218932074_thumb.jpg

Fellas. Be careful not to apply any accidental pressure to the bits of plastic underneath the leg flaps.

They're not glued on very well and one came off while I was transforming it from Fighter to Battroid Mode. Easily repairable with some regular glue.

I'm begining to think you guys are too rough on your toys... ;)

Gentle...that's how I roll. B))

Thanks for the heads up, bro. I'll keep an eye on it.

Any plans for fixing the skull on your valk? Maybe you can get some waterslide decals and paint over the original skulls, then put them on and dull coat it? :unsure:

-Kyp

I have no plans COUGH YAMATO QC GUY for fixing the crooked skull. :wacko:

I'm trying not to let it get me down...it's still a bad arse bird.

If it comes down to fists, teeth, or nails.

As long as a shred of will to fight remains.

I'LL FIGHT! I'LL FIGHT DAMN WELL! OUTTA MY WAY!

:lol:

post-31-1218932978_thumb.jpg

I'm beginning to think they're supposed to come off (or slide away) like the VF-0 tail fins? (though they're not supposed to be loose) You do need to pull it slightly and fold it to fit the not yet released GBP leg armor, yes? Or something like that. I remember reading it somewhere.

Well guys....I fianlly had a bit of a breakage occur. I'm not angry...I should have been more careful...have a look see.

S6300001-1.jpg

Just a little tiny piece of plastic cracked right off. Too bad that they did not make the plastic there stronger and thicker. It's not causing any problems though so that's good.

Edited by misterryno

Sorry to hear about that Ry. It seems like this is the most vulnerable area on these things. I wonder if it would benefit if that part was made out of die cast instead of ABS or POM or whatever plastic they are using.

Eeeek. And you even said like 3 posts ago you're careful. I'm kinda afraid to open mine and transform it... (mine just arrived)

And I am....just gotta pull those arms out and make sure you clear that little peg.

Sorry to hear about that Ry. It seems like this is the most vulnerable area on these things. I wonder if it would benefit if that part was made out of die cast instead of ABS or POM or whatever plastic they are using.

For sure....die cast would have been a GREAT idea! To bad the toy manufactures don't think like us. ^_^

I want to know why the f*** they couldn't have made that section more like the 1/48's. Surely they had to know that was gonna present a problem sooner or later.

-Kyp

I was just glancing at my 1/48 in that area...pretty much the same there <_< just the plastic is thicker...but of course it's going to be with that scale.

Now back to what Miriya was sayin...I think I can do it. I just need to find the right size part from something somewhere where I can make that part out of metal. I hope I can do this. Or maybe one of our recasters can make it out of a stonger plastic.

hmmm... considering cancelling my pre-order for the vf-1j now.

I have a preorder on that and the 1A as well. I won't cancel them. This little issue is not bad enough for that.

Sigh. Just when we think Yamato's taking two steps forward...

Sorry to hear about that misterryno.

Hey...it happens. It should'nt...but it does. I should be more careful.

So to all those who broke some part, was it due more to carelessness or is it just that the breakage came unexpectedly despite being careful?

The answer to that is important to me. It's the reason why I always am ultra careful with yamato toys even though people reasure you that it's not as delicate as people say on boards. (for example the plastic nubs on the vb-6 monster which may one day break if you transform it too much)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So to all those who broke some part, was it due more to carelessness or is it just that the breakage came unexpectedly despite being careful?

Even though I am careful. It was just a matter of that portion of the plastic being thin and me not pulling out the arm in order to clear the nub. So my vote would go to carelessness.

Any advice on how to avoid that breakage?

Yes...just simply pull the arm forward in order for that piece of plastic to clear the nub.