Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

I just unboxed my VF-1S, and it arrived in perfect condition. Nothing broke transforming it from fighter to battroid and back, but I had about 4 heart attacks and had to watch the transformation video on Yamato's site to get the pelvis joint out of the nose. This new one has the tightest fit of all of the Valks I have (which is only three now but still).

but the main problem is that the shoulder is too tight

I guessed right then! I mainly thought it was because so far, the 1A with looser shoulders has had no reported breakages. Thanks for the diagram man! Therefore, it is in our best interested(1S owners), to find a way to get the shoulder armor off, and loosen the screws.

but I had about 4 heart attacks and had to watch the transformation video on Yamato's site to get the pelvis joint out of the nose.

Its actually extremely easy to do. Pull on the back, this will make the swing bar bend at an angle(notice that there is a joint immediately before the hip bar which it is attached to). Then swing both legs forward simultaneously. At this point, the nose latch should pop open and all you need to do is push the bar forward to release.

I guessed right then! I mainly thought it was because so far, the 1A with looser shoulders has had no reported breakages. Thanks for the diagram man! Therefore, it is in our best interested(1S owners), to find a way to get the shoulder armor off, and loosen the screws.

Too late for me :( .

Until I get my 2nd 1S. Now I know...and knowing is half of the intergalactic battle ^_^ .

:ph34r:

i got mine yesterday,i must say it's the final and best version of 1/60 vf-1,so i absolutely vote perfect

the fighter mode is very solid and handy,you can play it like a child

the gerwalk mode is sweetas the same,but the ankles are a little tight to pull out,well,better than being loose

the batteroid mode is good in shape,no part is loose,the joint of upper arm is even tight,it's a bit release since my vf-0a is loose everywhere

but the shoulder still can be folded in and out,i think it should be fixed,though it might be able to pose the figure easily

i think it's a perfect toy,not too big but detailed,Q/C is not high for the cost part

but i don't even want to guess the price of yamato's real "DX" version of vf-1

Its actually extremely easy to do. Pull on the back, this will make the swing bar bend at an angle(notice that there is a joint immediately before the hip bar which it is attached to). Then swing both legs forward simultaneously. At this point, the nose latch should pop open and all you need to do is push the bar forward to release.

On the first transform the joint just above the hip bar was far too tight to be able to do that, so it just got itself stuck. I had some trouble getting that joint in the right position to connect to the nose so I bent it back and forth a few times to loosen it, but that didn't seem to be enough. I did eventually get it out, but that was a struggle.

Now it's sitting happily in Fighter mode with all the super/strike parts on its stand with my VF-1J Stealth and VF-0S with ghost. I love Battroid mode, but Fighter is my favorite.

get my valk from HLJ on august.has a crack plate which is connected to the right shoulder. complaint to the HLJ n they sent replacement part via SAL.

ok. get the replacement part today. so, before i replace the shoulder plate, i play with it a while...just a few swing...the crack appear...

i think is the material + pin problem. even u loosen the screw at the main body, it would help much...just a matter of time.

post-9836-1221738664_thumb.jpg

post-9836-1221738838_thumb.jpg

Edited by mcsiaw

Well, I haven't been on these forums for a while nor have I purchased a Yamato Macross figure since the 1/48s. When I saw the The VF-1S 1/60, I just had to get one. Unfortunately, the first time I tried to transform mine, a little piece of the shoulder pin chipped off. Same as descibed by others. What ticks me off is there wasn't even any forceful play involved. The damn thing just chipped off as soon as I swung the right arm open. Anyways, here is a picture taken from my not so great camera. I feel kind of ripped off now.

post-891-1221324423_thumb.jpg

The arms are a ticking time bomb.

It's just a matter of time before.....KABLOOEY!

I think I'll keep mine in Battroid mode from now on. I don't see any fractures and I'd like to keep it that way.

The arms are a ticking time bomb.

It's just a matter of time before.....KABLOOEY!

I think I'll keep mine in Battroid mode from now on. I don't see any fractures and I'd like to keep it that way.

Just perform the fix I mentioned in the other thread man, slide the shoulder armor off, and loosen the shoulder screws to your heart's content! That way, you just have to worry about lifting the shoulder hinge over the stopper during transformation, rather than worry about the arms breaking during posing.

Got my 1A last Friday from HLJ. Transformed to battroid with no problems. The shoulder swivel is a bit looser with this one. This is a good thing and helps with the transformation. My only complaint with this release is the "ultraviolent" coat on the canopy--they put too much on this one! The 1S was just right.

I think the ultraviolent coating is based on the colors. Hikaru's has a reddish/violet/violent coating, while Focker has amber/yellowish coating. If Max's turns out to have blue coating then we have our answer.

That's quite the deduction Holmes. :mellow: . Really though...I didn't think of it that way. Makes me wonder if that's how it was really meant to be. Makes me wonder....if you're secretly working for YAMATO! ARE YOU!?! ANSWER ME.......AREEEEE YOOOOUUUUUU!!!???!!!

:lol:

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

I think the ultraviolent coating is based on the colors. Hikaru's has a reddish/violet/violent coating, while Focker has amber/yellowish coating. If Max's turns out to have blue coating then we have our answer.

Maybe, but I still think it doesn't look right. It seems like a defect. Too much mirror coating. Looks really hazy in person.

They've already loosened the shoulders on the VF-1A Hikaru, and so far no breakages have been reported.

Cool! Thanks Shin, makes me feel better about getting the 1J. I'm way out of the loop lately with no net access 5 days of the week, gettin a new laptop today! YAY.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

ok. get the replacement part from hlj today. so, before i replace the shoulder plate, i play with it a while...just a few swing...a crack appear...

i think is the material + pin problem. even u loosen the screw at the main body, it wouldnt help much...it it just a matter of time.

post-9836-1221792510_thumb.jpg

post-9836-1221792539_thumb.jpg

Edited by mcsiaw

Well that's pretty damning. Could be a number of factors. There may be a tiny bit of slop in the size of the hole the pin fits in allowing it to wobble a bit applying pressure to the housing around it. It could also be the fat hinge in the middle doesn't have enough room to maneuver so when the plastic is in certain positions it pushes outward against the thin plastic edges that house it.

The screws we loosened are on the shoulders themselves, not that hinge/main body.

sori, i thought tat is the screw tat need to be loosen, as tat tight screw is the one which make the shoulder difficult to 'go over' the block/tab.

arm was not attached when i moved the hinge, as i want to try if the 'pin holder' will break up even there is no loading/stress.

anyway, i m getting some shoulder (hinge) to try again.

Edited by mcsiaw

I just opened my brand new VF-1S Roy from HLJ. The very first time I rotated the shoulders, before I even lifted the hinge over the stop, I noticed that one of my hinges has the same crack that shown in mcsjaw's pics! Completely new, out of the box - this is pretty annoying. Time and time again Yamato! I'm gonna go email HLJ now.