Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

Hi guys, anyone has pictures of this un-knurled hinges? Im wondering if should buy a VF-1S LV, Im a little scared about this shoulder problem.

just a heads up for those still concerned about them shoulder hinges...

i was playing w/ my VT-1 and realized that the shoulder hinge pins have them knurling on them... checked my VE-1 too and i was relieved that the shoulder pins on the VE-1 didn't have the knurling on them...

not sure if it's only my VT-1 or there are others out there... i'm guessing a lazy ass factory worker just picked up the wrong kind of pins meant for a different part of the valk...

I woke up this morning, and as is my routine, I opened my clost to say "hi" to my Yammies. They were all in Battroid mode - all of them - the VF-1S, the two Max and Kakizake 1As, the 1D, the VT-1...everything...

And each and every one of their arms have fallen off at night. The plastic just disintegrated and the arms apparently flopped off :(

And when I tried to examine one of the arms, it melted in my hands.

and then all of them self-combusted and, like a Spinal Tap drummer, left a little green pool where once a valk stood.

I'm off to check on the Bandai DXs now...

Pete

I, for one, laughed until tears came out. My wife must've thought I was possessed! I s'pose she's not far off...

Back on topic: I noticed the missile hardpoint on the end of the right wing on my Hikaru 1A has broken. One side only so it's still holding but, damn - I have only put the missles on and removed them maybe 3 times!

I noticed shoulder crack on my vf-1s as soon as i got it out of the box.

....so I've never transformed it. Even thought I REALLLLLY want to................

then just do it. My Roy has a big crack and I transform it like crazy. Just hold onto the hinge when rotating it. Still works fine. I have replacement but I'm waiting for it to completely break off. So far so good and I like it.

Yeah my Roy has had it's broken shoulders forever and they still haven't fallen off so go ahead already. If you haven't ordered replacements from Overdrive what are you waiting for?

I have also broken off a wing hard point on my VT-1 using the box launchers that came with my VF-1J. Was a little miffed but a little plastic cement and it's right as rain. I should have realized there was going to be a problem when it was so hard to get the missles on and off the wings. Now I make sure to work them off of my VT-1 with a back and forth movement. <_< ...... oh well. :rolleyes:

Edited by logos

I should have realized there was going to be a problem when it was so hard to get the missles on and off the wings. Now I make sure to work them off of my VT-1 with a back and forth movement. <_< ...... oh well. :rolleyes:

Uh, that's what I did. Worse, the stub was left inside the mount. Had to drill it out...

So, does the Hikaru VF-1S also have the major shoulder problem that the Roy has? Just wondering because it seems to be on sale everywhere for some really nice prices.

Yeah the Hikaru 1s had the original pins, same as Roy. They assemblers were more careful so it's less likely you will open the box up and find the shoulders already cracked. It's a great toy regardless. My Hikaru 1s still has not formed a crack yet and I've had it for 6 months now.