Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

1_60_valkyrie_1_S2.jpg

LOL! Is that your kid? :lol:

He's the child of my girlfriend's elder sister.

erm...zentradi baby has 4 fingers?

Umm, I didn't notice that. He's just one and a half months old, so he probably hasn't grown a fifth digit on his right hand due to a glitch in the cloning process. Either that, or Roy got drunk and accidently blasted it with his gunpod. 5.gif JK.

Regarding the V.2 1/60 VF-1S, I went through the transformation thinking that it was very similar to the 1/48 Valkyrie. Anyway, I must have pushed down too hard on the metal piece next to the jet intakes, thus making a depression in the plastic. Did anyone encounter this while transforming their V.2 1/60? Just as almost everyone has been saying, this Valk is really tight.

1_60_valkyrie_1_S7.jpg

Well, I might buy another one without the Super & Strike parts and leave it in fighter mode.

This Valk really looks nice in Gerwalk mode.

1_60_valkyrie_1_S5.jpg

1_60_valkyrie_1_S6.jpg

Sounds like it might be one of the two tabs that hold the legs to the backpack part in fighter mode. If so, you'll find out real quick when putting the legs back up into fighter mode.

I sincerely hope for your sake that's not the case. :(

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Sounds like it might be one of the two tabs that hold the legs to the backpack part in fighter mode. If so, you fine out real quick when putting the legs back up into fighter mode.

I sincerely hope for your sake that's not the case. :(

Oh man! Don't tell me that. :( I'll be so sad if this guy can never go back to fighter again. Oh crap... now I'll be counting down the hours until I get out of work... :(

Oh man! Don't tell me that. :( I'll be so sad if this guy can never go back to fighter again. Oh crap... now I'll be counting down the hours until I get out of work... :(

Well, if it's one of the tabs, it should still be able to go into fighter mode, but if it is one of those two tabs, then whichever side broke is going to have to rely more on the leg tab that goes into the arm section.

Here's a modified pic to show the broken piece that it might be that I am talking about :

001fa.JPG

Edited by Kyp Durron

Phew! No, luckily, that doesn't appear to be it.

I've circled in red what the piece most resembles (a bit of a finger). All the fingers are intact, so that can't be it. But that's the basic size and shape of the piece.

I'm now noticing the little tabs on the insides of the legs (circled in blue) are somewhat similar in shape to the fingers. I wonder if THAT may be the piece. :blink:

post-435-1217967589_thumb.jpg

Edited by crasis

Hmm, hopefully the plastic is indeed just factory runoff, but as you said, no visible parts of the valk is broken off and that makes me think that it might be one of the inner parts which holds some joints together. Try what the others recommended and transform him and see if any part is looser than before.

Okay, I'm home now. It wasn't the leg bits, either. Everything seems to be fine. :wacko: But what is this??

100_4937.jpg

Roy is just as puzzled as I am:

100_4942.jpg

100_4945.jpg

It's what remains of Kaki's valk :D Rest in peace Kaki :D

@ Kyp:

I sincerely hope he is. Then again, the number for broken did raise by one. Can the moderators remove that count?

I voted mine as broken but then again I leid just to be a troll and give a skewed perception of the polls :D

Why, why are you still here? :lol: :lol: If your looking for a ban you'd have to be getting close by now. Keep it up.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

did that little shrapnel piece ever get figured out? When I first saw it, I thought it might've been the piece that connects the tailpiece to the back shoulderpiece. Anyways, if it's not that, I think you're good. As for the extra vote for one broken just to screw the poll up, I think we should have a mental age limit of 18 and older here. Just my good opinion.

I bet you guys wished the polls weren't anonymous.

Blah blah blah it's their opinion.

yup, but this poll isn't looking for opinions but facts from those who bought the toys. This renders their votes invalid.

@ Moderators:

Is it possible to have just two votes for the broken? From what I remember, only one broken was valid and the other one got his valk without a head (which was solved afaik). The other votes are obviously pranks, of which only one had the balls to fess up. This will keep the poll in line of what it's intended to be.

did that little shrapnel piece ever get figured out? When I first saw it, I thought it might've been the piece that connects the tailpiece to the back shoulderpiece. Anyways, if it's not that, I think you're good.

Yeah, I just transformed this guy back and forth twice now. No loose parts, no lack of tabs for parts to lock into place. This guy is super tight and performs perfectly. I guess we'll never know where that mystery piece came from, but I'm SO glad it was nothing. Scare over. I hope. :blink:

I voted "Perfect" just now. And I'm seriously considering being a completist with this line, something I never wanted to do with the 1/48's. The size, proportions and feel of the 1/60 V2 is "just right." I can't even bring myself to stand this near the old V1 Roy 1/60, since they are in completely different leagues.

Edited by crasis

I finally got to open this beauty last night and really enjoyed the transformation. In many ways, I prefer this little guy to his big 1/48 brothers. The adjusted nose cone in battroid is particularly nice, as are the loads of tampo printing and new joints. I think I actually may be putting a bunch of 1/48s up in the For Sale section soon. :ph34r: And my old V1 1/60s are history. Well, they will be soon.

Here's the thing, though... I'm not sure if I should vote "broken" or not in this poll. :blink: After playing around with the VF-1S for awhile last night, I went to put him on my shelf when I noticed a tiny little piece of white plastic lying beside him. I panicked, of course, and quickly gave him a thorough look over. It looks like a little tab or something, about the size and general shape of the tip of the battroid's trigger finger. This little piece is stressed at one end, and it doesn't look like a clean break. But here's the thing: I can't figure out where it goes! I haven't tried transforming him back to fighter yet, but everything looks fine from what I can see. Could this possibly just be a loose piece of plastic from the factory that took a ride to my house, or am I going to be really upset when some important tab is missing for transformation later? :( I'm almost to afraid to find out... :unsure:

Same thing happened to me last night. I was on my bed doing barrel rolls overhead (yeah?! So what!?) and a tiny piece of plastic shrapnel came out. I also went over the valk but came up with nothing.

BTW. Anyone bothered by the tiny tabs that lock the canopy down? Couple of people I spoke to don't like it but they are there in the lineart which I forgot all about.

Edited by Alex

Same thing happened to me last night. I was on my bed doing barrel rolls overhead (yeah?! So what!?) and a tiny piece of plastic shrapnel came out. I also went over the valk but came up with nothing.

BTW. Anyone bothered by the tiny tabs that lock the canopy down? Couple of people I spoke to don't like it but they are there in the lineart which I forgot all about.

Barrel rolls huh? Have you tried loop-de-loops? :lol:

Seriously, who wouldn't want to zoom around with this valk? Its so tight and solid that you can't help but hold it aloft and fly around with it. B))

Anyway, about the canopy tabs. If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed! They're pretty much invisible in low light so it doesn't bother me one bit.

I've gone through a fair bit of transformations and I haven't had any shrapnel fall out on me yet. Hopefully, it won't happen ever.

Oh, and that Yamato video was VERY helpful. Thanks for that!

Barrel rolls huh? Have you tried loop-de-loops? :lol:

Seriously, who wouldn't want to zoom around with this valk? Its so tight and solid that you can't help but hold it aloft and fly around with it. B))

Anyway, about the canopy tabs. If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed! They're pretty much invisible in low light so it doesn't bother me one bit.

I've gone through a fair bit of transformations and I haven't had any shrapnel fall out on me yet. Hopefully, it won't happen ever.

Oh, and that Yamato video was VERY helpful. Thanks for that!

Well. the tabs are actually close to the lineart. The locking mechanism on the DYRL valks has them.

yup, but this poll isn't looking for opinions but facts from those who bought the toys. This renders their votes invalid.

@ Moderators:

Is it possible to have just two votes for the broken? From what I remember, only one broken was valid and the other one got his valk without a head (which was solved afaik). The other votes are obviously pranks, of which only one had the balls to fess up. This will keep the poll in line of what it's intended to be.

The fact is, the broken votes could be from that tiny part of plastic that fell off from god knows where... you know there are collectors who are very particular about that kind of thing... we're all desperate for the valk to be perfect, but it has to be perfect in the flesh; not just in spirit. Otherwise, there's no point in having that broken choice to begin with.

Edited by mr.chogokin

Help guys!

Is there any simple way to get those darn intake covers off without using a thin object to pop them off?

I've been using a craft blade to pry the covers out. But when I looked at the top of the intake area, some of the gray paint has been scratched off due to the blade hitting that area when I insert it to take the covers off. I'm really pissed at damaging my own valkyrie like this.

The manual doesn't really say how to do this properly. Either it assumes you've got fingernails as thin as razor blades, or there is some other trick that it fails to mention.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some feedback on this. TIA!

Help guys!

Is there any simple way to get those darn intake covers off without using a thin object to pop them off?

I've been using a craft blade to pry the covers out. But when I looked at the top of the intake area, some of the gray paint has been scratched off due to the blade hitting that area when I insert it to take the covers off. I'm really pissed at damaging my own valkyrie like this.

The manual doesn't really say how to do this properly. Either it assumes you've got fingernails as thin as razor blades, or there is some other trick that it fails to mention.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some feedback on this. TIA!

I don't have any problem just using my finger nails. And I bite mine to holy hell.

How come you used a hobby blade. There must be a dozen other things that you could have used with the same thickness but less scratching potential.