Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

A vote of broken with no explanation isn't really worth much. Lets get some descriptions of these breakages!

Ok. So mine came without the head and the t-bar totally jammed in the fuselage. Gently pulling it out caused the hinges on the door to just crumble away.

Seems the T-bar is sticking for a lot of people though.

5 broken out of 32. I'd say that's very bad. 15% breakage rate out of the box? Yikes.

Sure. So far that is not a good percentage. However 4 of those people have not commented on how or why it was broken. I do not think anyone would vote just for fun but still I want to know specifics. Also I am curious to see how these numbers change in the next three weeks as more and more members get theirs.

I'm voting perfect....the one and only thing that bugs me and not a issue really, is the gunpod not staying put in any forms when connected to the arms.

then again, the only ones that hve are the 1/48s.

otherwise, this right now is my favorite VF-1 until hikaru's VF1A comes out the end of next month.

i'm going to leave mine misb so hopefully it won't fall apart when i stare at it too long through the box window

yes mine came in on Saturday and I picked it up from my neighbor's house after work today. Wish I could join the vote because I'm really itchy to open this baby up. But if I know I do, my girl is going to kill me with the limited space we have because of my toys!!! For now I'll do what the guy whom I quoted above :p and hope for the best!

got mine yesterday, voted perfect!

some special features that i like...

• removable head to avoid breaking the head gun when transforming

• removable cockpit awesome!

• double joint elbow

• easy attachment of the boosters

• pilot finally has legs!

what i don't like

• the swing bar is almost impossible to remove after inserting into the underside

of the nose cone in battroid mode.

anyone has a better technic to get the bar out?

overall its so beautiful! why didnt they thought about this long ago....

hi guys. I'm new to this forum. anyway i got the 1/60 VF-1S as my first valk. been a fan for a very long time but never actually got around to buy any of the valks until recently :p anyway gotta say that I love my 1S and I've got no problems with it. can't wait for next month when I get my 0S :)

The U.S. Postal Service gave me a scare this morning when they delivered Kevin's package from the Valkyrie-Exchange. It was beaten up after traveling across country. And, as if to put a further point on it, the mailman slinked away from the house without knocking on the door or ringing the bell. It's really nifty when he does that. I swear, I used to have a friendly postal worker making deliveries in the neighborhood. At least, that was my impression. Perhaps I'm irritating everyone at my branch with all the Yamato toys? :ph34r:

Anyway, this retail box will not be winning any collector's awards, but I only care about the contents. Thankfully, there are no missing pieces, no broken parts, and the Valkyrie itself looks fantastic. I am really pleased with this version. It compliments the other 1/60 variants well by keeping the same scale, and I find that it offers a nice juxtaposition to the 1/48 VF-1S.

Still, all good reports except one, and the others aren't speaking. I wonder if those were just bogus votes by people messing up the tally. Going by responses, we are at what about 90% happy/satisfied or higher? Somehow, the poll seems a bit off with no comments on the broken side.

I'd also like to know those that voted on these:

"Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints. " For one, it'll help Yamato improve their products further.

Though I voted for perfect, I do have a few very minor complains (that didn't really affect my overall score):

1. The visor's too dark that it's almost black.

2. Yamato's stickers still leave much to be desired.

3. It's tricky to transform due to the way you have to place/remove the t-brace to the nose cone.

4. Additional articulation in the legs could've helped more but really, it doesn't mean that current articulation doesn't cut it.

No other complaints here. Much was said about the giraffe neck, but it frankly didn't bother me at all.

Just recvd my VF-1S & hv transformed to battroid with no prblm. So far so good, all parts are intact in one piece ^_^ .

My only complaints is the instrument panel. Thought its supposed to tampo print but all I see is blank white panel. And the sticker given is not large enough to cover it. But not a prblm as I use spare a 1/48 sticker to cover up. Will try to take a shot of it . Not sure if anyone experience it?

I'd also like to know those that voted on these:

"Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints. " For one, it'll help Yamato improve their products further.

Though I voted for perfect, I do have a few very minor complains (that didn't really affect my overall score):

1. The visor's too dark that it's almost black.

2. Yamato's stickers still leave much to be desired.

3. It's tricky to transform due to the way you have to place/remove the t-brace to the nose cone.

4. Additional articulation in the legs could've helped more but really, it doesn't mean that current articulation doesn't cut it.

No other complaints here. Much was said about the giraffe neck, but it frankly didn't bother me at all.

Ohh? i thought there was some extra type of articulation in the legs? have you got a 1/48? is it the same or?

Not too worried coz the 1/48 legs were ok, not great (like 19/51 legs - and i do know they are different valks lol)