Graham reviews the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1

Shawn

No, the VF-1A will have both Strike and Super Parts. The 1J is the one to only have the Super parts. Though I don't mind, I do agree though that it doesn't make sense to exclude the strike in the package, especially if it's going to be of the same price.

The 1J won't have the strike because there was no such thing in SDFM as I recall.

-Kyp

Yeah should be just super.

Hopefully they will do the TV color FP for that as good or better matched colorwise. I was happy with the 1/48 TV colored FP for Hikaru. Even a bit more on the light gray side would be fine too but not more green and not more blue and not darker. Gee Wiz I sure am picky.

Yes, the VF-1S should be released very soon without super/strike parts (which are also being sold separately). Go to overdrive-inc and they have them available for preorder. I don't know the URL to overdrive off the top of my head but the link is on www.anymoon.com.

sweet, got my shipping notice from fedex, thanks Kevin!

I got a paypal shipping label notification, which doesn't necessarily mean mine is in the mail yet, but it hopefully will be soon!

Man, I've never been so happy with how a toy looked. The new VF-1 is absolutely gorgeous. With the spectacular YF-21 and Macross Zero valks, Yamato is really hitting their stride with Macross toys. I wish they'd redo the YF-19 now, since no doubt the could make it sleeker and with less gaps.

For some reason I'm afraid they'll screw up the VF-1D. As long as it has a longer canopy, I'll be happy.

Anyway, enough rambling from me.

Yes, the VF-1S should be released very soon without super/strike parts (which are also being sold separately). Go to overdrive-inc and they have them available for preorder. I don't know the URL to overdrive off the top of my head but the link is on www.anymoon.com.

They're sold out of the non Fast Pack Roy. :(

-Kyp

I think people misunderstood me; I firmly believe the 1d WILL come with Hikaru and Minmei. What Im hoping is that it ALSO comes with the normal pilots.

Oh, my bad. Yes, that would be cool if it came with both options.

I however am still doubting weather or not they will include Hikaru and Minmei. It is a stupid fear.

I however am still doubting weather or not they will include Hikaru and Minmei. It is a stupid fear.

After yelling and complaining to Yamato for months and months - WE WANT SIDE COVERS -

what do we get... a clip for the fuselage <_<

So I'd say your fears are not stupid but valid... very, very valid.

The parts that cover up the gap between the chestplate and backplate. It was a piece you got with the 1/48 GBP parts set.

But it also would have been handy if that part was actually standard with all valks for those who like to have that gap sealed up like in the anime. It's not a MAJOR flaw or anything, just that we all wish it was included so we don't have to buy recasts. This is similar to how some people wish "clown/bubble hands" were included with all 1/48 valks (not just tv series ones) because they like that the grip of the hands is strong and the size of the hand looks better than the default robot/chicken hands. The covering up of gaps makes a real difference to the battroid mode's appearance. Almost as important as the "shoulders hanging too low in fighter mode" complaint that people kept bringing up with the 1/48 that turned them off. It's all about accuracy and a sense of completness I guess.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Did ya'll check this review of the 1/60 VF-IS? (Delete if this link has already been posted. The speed of replies to MW posts is really fast. It's hard to keep up.)

DSC08472.JPG

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/yamato/60vf1s/01.html

BEAUTIFUL PIC. love the double jointedness.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The 1J won't have the strike because there was no such thing in SDFM as I recall.

-Kyp

Just like Hikaru 1A is supposeably gettn Strike? ;) Don't you think it's stupid that they won't include the strike, (will with the 1A) just because the 1J is a TV version?

... Extra Strike cannon would be loved, more opportunity to do dual strikes. Better be a price reduction if no strike at the very least.

In fact if they won't include Strike, i'll just nab the individual release without Super, especially if it's the same colour as previous Strike/Super. Come on yamato.

i don't recall the 1A having a strike version in the animes yet the toy is being released with one. the 1J package should either have a lower price or go with something else in lieu of the strike parts. unless of course yamato just wants to pocket the change

what he said. :p (sorry read your reply after.)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

you see, that would make everyone happy all at once and thats not how yamato does things.

they'll probably release another version so they can milk the molds but i don't mind because i like the 2 seaters.

I hope they don't include other pilots other than Hik civy flightsuit and Minmay red dress, unelss they will release a separate version. (never see other pilots with 1D)

Perhaps we are being too hopeful for a separate free falling Minmay fig, but rather we can still clamp battroid hand around seated Minmay and it still looks good.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I was cruising around trying to find a good place to preorder Hikaru's VF-1A....however alot of places are having the price for it even higher than what was normal for the Roy's VF-1S, WTF? I'm not paying over 180 dollars : /

Then i foudn this place called Overdrive inc. They list the 1/60 VF-1A Second Gend (third gen whatever) for 90 dollars, and then FAST Packs for 40....that's a pretty good deal don't you think?

However I can't find anything on their preorder policey.

I hope they don't include other pilots other than Hik civy flightsuit and Minmay red dress, unelss they will release a separate version. (never see other pilots with 1D)

Perhaps we are being too hopeful for a separate free falling Minmay fig, but rather we can still clamp battroid hand around seated Minmay and it still looks good.

yup, that'll be great for the 1D :) Civ-suited Hikaru and Lynn :)

I was cruising around trying to find a good place to preorder Hikaru's VF-1A....however alot of places are having the price for it even higher than what was normal for the Roy's VF-1S, WTF? I'm not paying over 180 dollars : /

Then i foudn this place called Overdrive inc. They list the 1/60 VF-1A Second Gend (third gen whatever) for 90 dollars, and then FAST Packs for 40....that's a pretty good deal don't you think?

Since i found out hlj.com can send this by sal and not forcing EMS, i'll be waiting for their early bird.

anyone tried using parts from the old 1/60 toys like GBP armor, fast packs, to this new 1/60 toy???

There's no friggin' way... the sculpt isn't similar to the old one at all. You could probably frankenstein it but why bother?

when the first 1/48 packaged w/FPs came out, the price was set at $165(overseas), $180-ish(from stateside vendors).

these should NOT cost more than that. if you're paying that much for a lesser toy, then you're getting ripped off.

I swear by Overdrive. What is it you wanted to know about their preorder policy? They do that whole thing where they'll hold your orders until they can make it whole and I think you have to pay up front. Email them with questions though, they always get back to me pretty quick.

when the first 1/48 packaged w/FPs came out, the price was set at $165(overseas), $180-ish(from stateside vendors).

these should NOT cost more than that. if you're paying that much for a lesser toy, then you're getting ripped off.

How does "Paying too much"="Getting ripped off"?

If the buyer knows what the price is, knows what they are getting and decides to purchase it they have not been "Ripped Off".

If you order one and get a clump of fake dog poo in the box you have been ripped off.

If you order one and they charge your card more than the agreed price you have been ripped off.

The buyer is not obligated to buy anything. If they make the choice too, then to them the price was fair.

The term "Ripped Off" suggests malice. A store setting their prices higher than another does not malice make.

How does "Paying too much"="Getting ripped off"?

If the buyer knows what the price is, knows what they are getting and decides to purchase it they have not been "Ripped Off".

If you order one and get a clump of fake dog poo in the box you have been ripped off.

If you order one and they charge your card more than the agreed price you have been ripped off.

The buyer is not obligated to buy anything. If they make the choice too, then to them the price was fair.

The term "Ripped Off" suggests malice. A store setting their prices higher than another does not malice make.

seeing how one is bigger and more detailed than the other, you would think the lesser of the 2 would be cheaper, not equal to or more expensive than, hence a rip off. the price i got for the new VF-1 w/FPs was $105 plus shipping so if you're paying more that, then you're pretty much getting ripped off as far as i'm concerned.

i.e. you go to buy a new 50" tv that costs $1000, but they have same tv but its only 40" with less features, less everything but still costs $1000. i(and many others) would consider that a rip off, wouldn't you?

if you don't like my reasoning, good for you but please save your captain obvious arguements.

you're not saying anything new, we've heard them all before.

No, getting "ripped off" means you don't get what you expected or promised when you put down your money. for instance, you're promised a rolex but get a cheap HK piece of crap, you've been ripped off. You knowingly pay top dollar for the same piece of crap HK knock off, you weren't ripped off, you're just stupid.

heres a hypothetical situation...

me - yo dude i just picked up the new legioss!

eugimon - get out, i just picked one up too! how much did you pay for yours?

me - i got it for $100, what about you?

eugimon - WTF! i paid $150 for mine, i got ripped off! :angry:

anyway, thats how i was using the term "ripped off".

why people take my posts so literally and try to pick it apart word for word, i don't know? :unsure:

seeing how one is bigger and more detailed than the other, you would think the lesser of the 2 would be cheaper, not equal to or more expensive than, hence a rip off. the price i got for the new VF-1 w/FPs was $105 plus shipping so if you're paying more that, then you're pretty much getting ripped off as far as i'm concerned.

i.e. you go to buy a new 50" tv that costs $1000, but they have same tv but its only 40" with less features, less everything but still costs $1000. i(and many others) would consider that a rip off, wouldn't you?

if you don't like my reasoning, good for you but please save your captain obvious arguements.

you're not saying anything new, we've heard them all before.

Were did you find the new VF-1 for that price?

-Kyp