Graham reviews the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1

Shawn

They're a greeny colour

I know because i GOT MINE TODAY! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

In perfect condition; no problems at all after 2 transforms. Tight as hell, looks great in all modes, just a GORGEOUS piece. Havent tried the FP's yet.

Interestingly: The head dot above the visor on mine is red. Didnt some people say they had a yellow dot there?

Can you inspect the shoulders and their range of movement for the hinges and please tell me ways to avoid breaking them in the long run? If I see this thing on sight at a con, the temptation is too great to buy it, I want to buy the thing! I don't have a Strike valk, so this might be my first.

they dont go out straight to the sides, thats the real trick. the socket is a curious design, hard to describe. You'll have to take a look at it. Just remmeber it is NOT like the 1/48, and then be gentle when first pulling it out.

ok, I think i was transforming it wrong before, now Im rioght. How in HELL do u get the legs out of the hips??? the swing bar hinge blocks it in!

edit: I got it but MAN, thats a tight fit....

Edited by Scream Man

they dont go out straight to the sides, thats the real trick. the socket is a curious design, hard to describe. You'll have to take a look at it. Just remmeber it is NOT like the 1/48, and then be gentle when first pulling it out.

ok, I think i was transforming it wrong before, now Im rioght. How in HELL do u get the legs out of the hips??? the swing bar hinge blocks it in!

GAH! That's what happened to mine. The bar just wouldn't come out. As gentle as I was, the door just broke off and the hinges crumbled.

GAH! That's what happened to mine. The bar just wouldn't come out. As gentle as I was, the door just broke off and the hinges crumbled.

i tranformed mine back to fighter mode yesterday and i was having problems with the nose-cone/swingbar as well. @_@

Thought i was gonna break it if i applied any more pressure. Scary.....

i tranformed mine back to fighter mode yesterday and i was having problems with the nose-cone/swingbar as well. @_@

Thought i was gonna break it if i applied any more pressure. Scary.....

Guess mine just had defective hinges exacerbated by that stubborn hip-bar.

Damn. Went to get an exchange today and they are sold out EVERYWHERE.

Got a refund and went to look for another in Nakano, Akiba, Shinjuku, Shibuya.........nadda.

So now I have no valk and a burning pocketful of En with nothing to do.

Wonder what Big Bertha is doing tonight.

According to Yamato's latest newsletter, it's confirmed that the VF-1S is sold out. The only one available now will be the single non-pack version, to be released on Aug 1st.

Some stores in Singapore haven't received the VF-1S to fill the preorders, I wonder what they'll do...

Really? I hope to get mine soon.

Yeah me too, I placed my pre-order about 5 mins after he posted it was up here. He sent me an email yesterday saying the shippment was on the boat already and that he was going to be getting the orders ready but still no payment request. :(

Chris

Yeah me too, I placed my pre-order about 5 mins after he posted it was up here. He sent me an email yesterday saying the shippment was on the boat already and that he was going to be getting the orders ready but still no payment request. :(

Chris

I got my payment request from Kevin today - hope yours comes up soon.

According to Yamato's latest newsletter, it's confirmed that the VF-1S is sold out. The only one available now will be the single non-pack version, to be released on Aug 1st.

Some stores in Singapore haven't received the VF-1S to fill the preorders, I wonder what they'll do...

Ok, well, at least I can get another one in a week. But When are the stand-alone FP sets coming out? I can live without them but still.......

Hey swoosh man, o legend displayer, can one ask for the Boldoza Asassination pose please??? :D

(you know, gunpod, head lasers and Strike all pointed at mucky mess.) That's my dream pose. But i won't be able to do it for like another 6 months (no v.2 1/60 Hik 1S)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Got mine, god it's so freakin sweet. Best thing of all, you practically don't even need the instructions to transform it if you own a 1/48...it's virtually identicle cept for one lil step, closing the panel under the nose cone when you're inserting the swing T Bar....it's a bit tricky so look at the instructions then you'll never forget.

I LOVE THE HANDS!

Got mine, god it's so freakin sweet. Best thing of all, you practically don't even need the instructions to transform it if you own a 1/48...it's virtually identicle cept for one lil step, closing the panel under the nose cone when you're inserting the swing T Bar....it's a bit tricky so look at the instructions then you'll never forget.

I LOVE THE HANDS!

Any issues with the shoulders and can you describe the best way to dislodge/attach the hip bars from the nose cone during transformation to fighter mode?

Transforming it back to Fighter mode was a bit of a pain, took a bit of fighting but it worked. You really gotta just angle the poo outta the T Bar I guess while pushing down on the fuselage.

Still though, I think for being a Generation 3, and not falling apart on me, this is by far my favorite VF-1 figure.

Yamato has for the time being, recaptured my heart.

Hey swoosh man, o legend displayer, can one ask for the Boldoza Asassination pose please??? :D

(you know, gunpod, head lasers and Strike all pointed at mucky mess.) That's my dream pose. But i won't be able to do it for like another 6 months (no v.2 1/60 Hik 1S)

Here we go!! This is the first time I took the fixed pose hands out

DSCF4124_s.jpg

DSCF4125_s.jpg

DSCF4126_s.jpg

DSCF4127_s.jpg

DSCF4128_s.jpg

DSCF4129_s.jpg

DSCF4130_s.jpg

DSCF4131_s.jpg

DSCF4132_s.jpg

DSCF4133_s.jpg

Edited by Swoosh