Transformers Super Thread 7

yea, lockdown is prettty cool, especially in car mode....i little bit of detailing on the grey plastic parts really improves him too (panel lining the engine and coloring in the "holes" in the tips of the exhaust pipes).

no-gets: Activators Bulkhead, all the bumber battlers, the 12" nontransforming Bumblebee, Roll out and Command Optimus Prime(the huge one), and a few more.

In defense of Activator Bulkhead, it may not be a good figure, but it is a good representation of the character with a working auto-transform gimmick at the 3" scale. If you want a good Bulkhead, there are very good LARGE and LARGER transformable representations of him available. If you want a small(actually tiny) version of the character, the activator's not a bad option. I'm glad it's available even if activator Bulkhead's not in scale with anything else.

So I got my Dai Atlas today... it's a pretty ridiculous figure... ginormous and blocky... I've gotta strip it down to clean it, sand off the yellowing, and figure out what's up with the motorized bits, but it's a neat new addition to my collection, and my first JP G1 figure. It's missing one of the black arm ramps that hold the wings on in robot mode, so if anyone here has one by chance, I need the left arm ramp... I know it's a long shot to find JP parts, but that's why I'm asking everywhere.

Also got Apeface in great shape... he's a fantastic figure with great poseability in both modes... the only problem is the back part is floppy, so the figure tips over in bot mode... I've gotta figure out where to tighten that joint.

So, last night I figured out how to tighten Apeface's back kibble and moved on to Atlas... stripped the legs down completelyand stripped and cleaned everything. The tracks weren't working because the spring-loaded clutch was worn, so I just superglued that sucker tight (it's not like I'm gonna drive it around a ton to damage it anyway). I relubercated everything with some white lithium grease and reassembled... the tank treads now work like a charm... next step is to tear down the top half and start cleaning things... I'm repainting all the white with Krylon Fusion white after sanding down most of the yellowing... new stickers from Reprolabels will work wonders as well. The only critical accessory I need to find is the left arm black ramp to mount the wing in robot mode.

Went to TRU this morning to relieve my toy fetish...I saw there the following new goodies...

TFA Soundwave

TFA Snarl

Universe/Classics Acid Storm

Universe/Classics Galvatron

Since I have the TFAs listed above coming today (thank goodness I was able to trade for them) I decided I don't want the Classics series except for maybe a few. I have so far out of that series that I am keeping Nemesis Prime and I could not help myself and splurged 10 bucks on a Galvatron. I must say though...Galvy NEEDS to be at least Voyager size. Nemesis Prime is bigger than him :( .

:ph34r:

Went to TRU this morning to relieve my toy fetish...I saw there the following new goodies...

TFA Soundwave

TFA Snarl

Universe/Classics Acid Storm

Universe/Classics Galvatron

Since I have the TFAs listed above coming today (thank goodness I was able to trade for them) I decided I don't want the Classics series except for maybe a few. I have so far out of that series that I am keeping Nemesis Prime and I could not help myself and splurged 10 bucks on a Galvatron. I must say though...Galvy NEEDS to be at least Voyager size. Nemesis Prime is bigger than him :( .

Lucky. I hit my local TRU today too. No Galvatron. :(

I did snag Universe Silverbolt and Universe Powerglide. Still no Onslaught (even though Target's had a spot for him for over a week), who I really wanted.

Powerglide and Silverbolt both are kind of a mixed bag. Powerglide had his head, and the wings fold against his body the way they should, otherwise he looks like a different robot. Totally different transformation leaves him very top-heavy (although his back kibble isn't as bad in person), and I seriously don't know why Hasbro decided to go with a mostly off-white color scheme for a mostly-red character. It might be worth waiting for the Henkei version. Ultra also seems kinda large for such a tiny G1 character.

As for Silverbolt, he's very much a homage to his original G1 self. On the plus side, that means a bot who looks like a much more poseable version of his G1 cartoon rendition, but it also means that, like the original toy, he's either a plane with a robot on its belly or a robot with a plane on his back. Transformation is ridiculously simple, but despite the robot underneath, I love his alt mode. I just really wish he was a Deluxe.

Owning two Ultras now, I have to repeat my earlier statement that Ultra is Voyager with irritating electronics and an extra $5 tacked on the price ($6 at TRU). Yeah, they are both taller than Jetfire, but they're close in size to Animated Voyager Megatron.

Edited by mikeszekely

Lucky. I hit my local TRU today too. No Galvatron. :(

I did snag Universe Silverbolt and Universe Powerglide. Still no Onslaught (even though Target's had a spot for him for over a week), who I really wanted.

Powerglide and Silverbolt both are kind of a mixed bag. Powerglide had his head, and the wings fold against his body the way they should, otherwise he looks like a different robot. Totally different transformation leaves him very top-heavy (although his back kibble isn't as bad in person), and I seriously don't know why Hasbro decided to go with a mostly off-white color scheme for a mostly-red character. It might be worth waiting for the Henkei version. Ultra also seems kinda large for such a tiny G1 character.

As for Silverbolt, he's very much a homage to his original G1 self. On the plus side, that means a bot who looks like a much more poseable version of his G1 cartoon rendition, but it also means that, like the original toy, he's either a plane with a robot on its belly or a robot with a plane on his back. Transformation is ridiculously simple, but despite the robot underneath, I love his alt mode. I just really wish he was a Deluxe.

Owning two Ultras now, I have to repeat my earlier statement that Ultra is Voyager with irritating electronics and an extra $5 tacked on the price ($6 at TRU). Yeah, they are both taller than Jetfire, but they're close in size to Animated Voyager Megatron.

As for Silverbolt... I really wish he was a

Nice grab...thanks for the little reviews...I am so glad I am staying away from that line. It's just not what I want. On the up side...I got my box of goodies from a fellow member here who ROCKS!!! In it was...

TFA Soundwave (VERY COOL)

2 X TFA Snarl (Also VERY COOL)

TFA Cybertroinan OP (I wanted another for vehicle mode)

TFA Bumble Bee (I wanted another for vehicle mode)

TFA Grimlock (DEFINETLY ONE OF THE COOLEST...I needed a 2nd cause his T-Rex mode is the $HIT!)

I will post some pics later of the TFA collection...luckily these guys are nice and cheap $ and I was able to get a bunch off a trade.

Nice grab...thanks for the little reviews...I am so glad I am staying away from that line. It's just not what I want.

I'm not going to pretend that Universe/Classics is perfect or anything. The Ultra line feels like Hasbro's milking me for an extra fiver, some toys would have been better at a smaller size class (Silverbolt) and others seem like they'd have been better as Voyagers (Grimlock, Galvatron). But it's far and away my favorite line. It's giving me just what I want... better-articulated modern takes on the classic characters I grew up with. I mean, the Animated figures have been great. It's really impressive how Hasbro's managed to get toys that capture both the bot mode and alt mode with the stylistic elements of Animated. And Animated is probably the best of the Transformers cartoons. But Animated is still the cartoon I just started watching this year, and G1 Transformers were a HUGE part of my childhood (the only toy/cartoon franchise that even came close to competing for my time, imagination, and my parents' money was TMNT). I'm skipping a lot of the Animated toys from here on out to have more money to dump on Classics/Universe.

Dangit, I missed out on Blades, but I was able to snag Dropshot-he's not too shabby. The color scheme look better than Scattershot's IMO, and he looks kickass with all the ordinance in bot mode. And I agree; I like Galvatron's design, but he needs to be much larger.

I've thought that I'm only interested in new molds, no repaints. But I already intend to break that rule for Unicron. It's a shame you didn't get Blades, as I'm somewhat curious about the mold. I was tossing around the idea of getting the Springer/Ratbat set at Target when it hits, as Ratbat is one of my favorite Decepticons.

Edited by mikeszekely

I'm not going to pretend that Universe/Classics is perfect or anything. The Ultra line feels like Hasbro's milking me for an extra fiver, some toys would have been better at a smaller size class (Silverbolt) and others seem like they'd have been better as Voyagers (Grimlock, Galvatron). But it's far and away my favorite line. It's giving me just what I want... better-articulated modern takes on the classic characters I grew up with. I mean, the Animated figures have been great. It's really impressive how Hasbro's managed to get toys that capture both the bot mode and alt mode with the stylistic elements of Animated. And Animated is probably the best of the Transformers cartoons. But Animated is still the cartoon I just started watching this year, and G1 Transformers were a HUGE part of my childhood (the only toy/cartoon franchise that even came close to competing for my time, imagination, and my parents' money was TMNT). I'm skipping a lot of the Animated toys from here on out to have more money to dump on Classics/Universe.

I totally agree with you on that they should have made Silverbolt a Deluxe and Galy and Grimmy Ultras. That would have been MUCH MUCH cooler. I will also agree with you on the amound of articulation that these guys have. It is pretty amazing. The animated line also has some AWESOME articulation which I totally dig. I need to get these damn shelves to were I want them for now and then snap some pics. I must do that now. I MUST!

FYI, Amazon has Transformers Movie Leader Deep Desert Brawl on clearance for $25.72 + free shipping!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00130BVR2

That's rigoddamndiculous. I'm so glad I quite collecting the movie line. Now you see all these titles like...

Jungle Demolisher

All Spark Power Ironhide

BOOOOOOOO!!! They need to quit making all these stupid variations just to get money.

I just picked up TFA Snarl and Soundwave, so now i just need Ultra Magnus and the wave four characters.

Hell yeah man! My UM is on it's way from BBTS...it'll be here on Tue. WOOT WOOT!!! Also...HST has taken my payment for 2 Blitzwings...but I have to hear when they will be shipped :( . Then I need to get quite a few more...eventually.

That's rigoddamndiculous. I'm so glad I quite collecting the movie line. Now you see all these titles like...

Jungle Demolisher

All Spark Power Ironhide

BOOOOOOOO!!! They need to quit making all these stupid variations just to get money.

I ordered him ... always had planned on getting TF Movie Leader class Brawl eventually, but could never quiet fit him into the toy budget. But at $26 shipped, I'll take him.

^_^

On another note, my local stores are clogged with TF Universe Sunstreaker, Prowl, & Octane. Sigh. Doubt I'll be seeing wave 2 anytime soon.

:(

I ordered him ... always had planned on getting TF Movie Leader class Brawl eventually, but could never quiet fit him into the toy budget. But at $26 shipped, I'll take him.

^_^

On another note, my local stores are clogged with TF Universe Sunstreaker, Prowl, & Octane. Sigh. Doubt I'll be seeing wave 2 anytime soon.

:(

You aint kiddin.....26 bones for a shipped leader class movie figure is a good deal no matter what. Also...I'd be lying if I said the Leader version of Brawl did'nt catch my eye a few times. On the other note... :( ...that's how I feel for ya brother. Sorry to hear that those are the only 3 out.

Here's my current TF collection....mostly TFA and it'll stay that way....just missing a few now.

Oh no! The Animated Decepticons are outnumbered!

And is it just me, or does Bumblebee's joints showing up in the windshield ended up looking like a pair of eyes? o.o

Okay, I'm really starting to hate the fact that I live in backwater redneck part of PA. Everyone's finding Universe Ultras now, and some people are even finding Galvatron (and, I guess, Acid Storm). I hit Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R' Us this evening, and didn't turn up squat. I mean, everyone's got the first wave Universe Deluxes now, and Target has Jazz and Soundwave now (I guess at some point they might have had Snarlag, too, but not today). Toys R' Us can't even claim that. Target and Toys R' Us both had shelf space marked for Universe Ultras (so I know that, like the Deluxes, Toys R' Us is charging a buck more), but Target had that space marked for a few days now, since I was there maybe Friday or Saturday last week.

Ultimately, I did pick up Animated Jazz. I did it primarily because he might just be my favorite character on Animated, not out of any particular love for the toy. In fact, I don't get what everyone loves about him so much. He is pretty poseable, but he seems like a pretty average car former to me. Flip out the legs, pop out the arms, pull the front down to his chest, and you're done. Look underneath, and his robot face is showing as blatantly as animated Deluxe Bumblebee's.

After transforming him, I thought he looked a little off. Then I got out my black paint marker and painted the rest of his collar. Much better. I'm tempted to paint the inside edges of his door panels on his arms, as well as around his headlights, but my paint marker's tip isn't fine enough.

I can relate to backwoods redneck PA...I'm from Ridgway, in Elk County. It's a cultural black hole if ever there was one. Now I live in Spokane, Wa, which is damned near the same...we don't get stuff here until weeks or months after everyone has already been there, bought that. It's pretty hick here, too, despite being the second largest city in Washington.

Anyway, although there's nothing too noteable about TFA Jazz's transforming sequence, I think HasTak nailed it for looks...he's stylin in both modes, and quite articulated, which is a big deal to me as well. It'd be great if Classics Mirage was the new standard for articulation, but I guess you can't have everything. I just hope Alex Kubalsky has a lot of involvement in designing the Animated and Universe lines. Universe Prowl is prob one of my favorite T-formers this year, if not all time. He is unmistakably a G1 homage to that character, very poseable, although I wish he had double jointed elbows to match his knees and a ball jointed head. I also wish the windows on his legs were translucent with mechanical detail showing through like the original. But these are my only gripes. Prowl was the first TF I owned as a kid, and I'm pretty happy with his upgrade. I was diappointed with the Prowl in the BT line, as his transformation scheme was completely different. The Mazda RX-8 mold would have suited the character beautifully.

Please. Talk to me when you live in Australia. Im excited that I just saw animated Leader Megatron. Still no Voyager Prime or Girmlock.

So I was given Cybertron fPrime for my birthday. He's not to bad, all things considered. i dont understand why none of the versions out have his axe as it loooks in the animated series, but that's ok. holding out for Voyager Prime. Wish he had a trailer :(

Tonight Im gonna try and spend some birthday money. Hopefully Voyager Bulkhead, Leader megatron, maybe Blackarachnia. SOmeone told me there is a Voyager version of Ratchet on the way, so Ill hold out for that. And maybe Classics Powerglide, I havent decided.

Got Classics Prowl and Sunstreaker. Sunstreaker has grown onme, but im not loving him. Prowl is kick ass though. Awesome version of my favourite TF character!

Oh no! The Animated Decepticons are outnumbered!

And is it just me, or does Bumblebee's joints showing up in the windshield ended up looking like a pair of eyes? o.o

The bad guys are only out numbered for a little longer. Soon reinforcements will show up. ^_^

I'm totally with you on the "eyes" look with BBs alt mode. That's why my fiancee likes him :lol: .

She was all like "oooohhhhh CUTE! He has eyes when he's a little car" :rolleyes:

Please. Talk to me when you live in Australia. Im excited that I just saw animated Leader Megatron. Still no Voyager Prime or Girmlock.

So I was given Cybertron fPrime for my birthday. He's not to bad, all things considered. i dont understand why none of the versions out have his axe as it loooks in the animated series, but that's ok. holding out for Voyager Prime. Wish he had a trailer :(

Tonight Im gonna try and spend some birthday money. Hopefully Voyager Bulkhead, Leader megatron, maybe Blackarachnia. SOmeone told me there is a Voyager version of Ratchet on the way, so Ill hold out for that. And maybe Classics Powerglide, I havent decided.

Got Classics Prowl and Sunstreaker. Sunstreaker has grown onme, but im not loving him. Prowl is kick ass though. Awesome version of my favourite TF character!

Wow....this is how I feel for you -------> :(

Do you want me to pick you up some and send them out? Or would that be to expensive with the shipping and all that?

Thanx bud. They';re coming out here, just slowly. I havent given up yet, things are slowly starting to hit. Bout the only ones Im worried about missing are Voyager Prime and Starscream, but shipping would be killer from the US, even loose.

Voyagers are what...$15 US each? Thats about 17/18 aussie each. then add shipping, which (If they;'re loose) could be up to $40 or $50 and suddenly they're about the same cost as here.

Thanx bud. They';re coming out here, just slowly. I havent given up yet, things are slowly starting to hit. Bout the only ones Im worried about missing are Voyager Prime and Starscream, but shipping would be killer from the US, even loose.

Voyagers are what...$15 US each? Thats about 17/18 aussie each. then add shipping, which (If they;'re loose) could be up to $40 or $50 and suddenly they're about the same cost as here.

Please. Talk to me when you live in Perth. :p Things take even a month after the eastern states here, and I don't see anything special about them. We are putting the money into Australia through mining afterall.

God, some people can complain :p

Well I used my birthday moeny and got Lockdown, Blackarachnia, Broadway...Oops, I mean Bulkhead and Starscream. After i get Leader Megatron ill have all the TF's i want currently released in Oz. Where my Voyager Prime dammit!

Wave four should hit this week. I really want Swoop because of the Dinobots so far kicks ass. At first i didn't like how Snarl's Dino face didn't sit flush on his chest and creates a huge gap but it grew on me and i like it a lot. His transformation is very cool with his front legs in alt mode being his legs in bot mode and his back legs being his arms. I never had a snarl from the original series so i don't know if that is the norm or not. I am also looking foward to Sentinel Prime, Blitzwing and Ultra Magnus and then i will have all the characters out. I didn't buy Cybertron Prime or the Two pack. Figured Voyager Prime was more than enough for me.

Wave four should hit this week. I really want Swoop because of the Dinobots so far kicks ass. At first i didn't like how Snarl's Dino face didn't sit flush on his chest and creates a huge gap but it grew on me and i like it a lot. His transformation is very cool with his front legs in alt mode being his legs in bot mode and his back legs being his arms. I never had a snarl from the original series so i don't know if that is the norm or not. I am also looking foward to Sentinel Prime, Blitzwing and Ultra Magnus and then i will have all the characters out. I didn't buy Cybertron Prime or the Two pack. Figured Voyager Prime was more than enough for me.

I feel ya on the Dinobots. THEY ARE THE BOMB!!! I did not pick up a few of the first or 2nd wave....not sure which wave which was in....the following are the ones I need out of there...

Oilslick

Lockdown

Blackarachnia

Lugnut

I think those are the only ones I have not picked up besides Leader Bulkhead and Leader Megs. Those will come soon enough. I would like to get a SWEET deal on the 4 I just listed...I need 2 each. Can anyone help me out with a SUPER deal?

At first i didn't like how Snarl's Dino face didn't sit flush on his chest and creates a huge gap but it grew on me and i like it a lot.

Then you're in luck; the instructions are absolute pants and tell you how to do it wrong, when properly done there is no gap and his dino face integrates well with the chest.

I'll take some pics when I get home from work today.

Then you're in luck; the instructions are absolute pants and tell you how to do it wrong, when properly done there is no gap and his dino face integrates well with the chest.

I'll take some pics when I get home from work today.

Please do....I sat there last night just string at it till I was frustrated and said f it....I'll figure it out later.

... or maybe I'll just steal someone else's photos who's already shown it:

Original photos by Peaugh from TFW2005.com

0621081901.jpg

0621081904.jpg

0621081905.jpg

The folding groin(bot)/Neck(dino) piece should fold all the way up so that the pieces lock in, with the lower jaw going into the gap on the top piece, essentially the way the instructions say to put the pieces during the initial stages of transformation. You then have to ignore the fact that it says to disconnect them and swing it down again and have both it and the groin peg meet halfway.

If necessary I'll still take some more in-depth step-by-step photos when I get home.

... or maybe I'll just steal someone else's photos who's already shown it:

Original photos by Peaugh from TFW2005.com

The folding groin(bot)/Neck(dino) piece should fold all the way up so that the pieces lock in, with the lower jaw going into the gap on the top piece, essentially the way the instructions say to put the pieces during the initial stages of transformation. You then have to ignore the fact that it says to disconnect them and swing it down again and have both it and the groin peg meet halfway.

If necessary I'll still take some more in-depth step-by-step photos when I get home.

THANKS!!! I'll have to try this when I get home.