Transformers Super Thread 7

So, anybody see the pics of Transformers Crossovers Thor at the Hasbro Marvel panel at SDCC?

He has a pretty impressive A-10 mode. Far more accurrate (aside from the colour) than Universe Powerglide.

Wow, very, very nice (plane mode and Thor mode I mean, the colours in fighter rape my eyes :lol:).

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?dis...amp;pic=158.jpg

Love how the design incorporates the wings in a cool way for "Thor mode". The Marvel planes in this line have some nifty transformations; I also like how the Iron-Man one gets rid of the nose cone.

Guest sh002

all we need left for the classics cars are jazz, wheeljack, hoist, trailbreaker, skids, and tracks. grapple, smokescreen, and red alert are easy repaints/modifications and ratchet should be coming out too. awesome.

damn we'll need a new classics soundwave for that ravage casette.

post-2880-1217132755_thumb.jpg

damn we'll need a new classics soundwave for that ravage casette.

The new Ravage is made to fit inside the G1 Soundwave, whose recent TRU reissue was technically Classics Soundwave.

That said, I would LOVE an all new Soundwave for Classics. Currently the MP3 version is my Classics Soundwave.

all we need left for the classics cars are jazz, wheeljack, hoist, trailbreaker, skids, and tracks. grapple, smokescreen, and red alert are easy repaints/modifications and ratchet should be coming out too. awesome.

Classics Hoist could be an easy repaint of TF Movie Deluxe Longarm .... with modifications, a Trailbreaker too ...

:rolleyes:

Universe Classics Inferno is actually a Voyager class (apparently the first Universe Voyager that's not a repaint).

Not sure if Hasbro will do a Trailbreaker until they can get a reasonable sounding alternative name. They've been unable to trademark variations of Trailbreaker for the past 5 years without success, because another company apparently holds a very similar trademark in the same category.

Cyclonus looks awesome. I have a feeling he's going to tower over Galvatron though. Galvatron's looking to be a pretty short bot. Titanium Rodimus is taller than he is.

Hound is awesome enough, but then he comes with a Ravage to boot? That's just too much of a good thing right there. There has to be a catch in the fine print! :)

I'm not feeling a want for Inferno. He just looks too plain.

That Thor looks like a mess of colors in alt mode, but it's such a well engineered looking figure that that might not matter.

Guest sh002

yeah they should consider making another galvatron later at least the same size as classics optimus and megatron. it would have been cool if they made a titanium galvatron to go with rodimus and scourge.

i still haven't got onslaught, powerglide, silverbolt, or tankor and probably won't. i'm considering getting classics astrotrain, cliffjumper, and devastator. also universe unicron when it comes out. damn that nemesis prime looks cool. i hope they finish the dinobots and make blitzwing too. i'm sure mp3 soundwave looks cool with these figures but it's another expensive figure.

so my collection of g1 reboots will consist of:

titanium rodimus

titanium scourge

classics ultra magnus (with armor when it comes)

classics skywarp

classics starscream

classics ramjet

henkei thundercracker

henkei megatron

henkei optimus

classics bumblebee

classics grimlock

classics rodimus (hot rod)

classics jetfire

classics mirage

classics prowl

classics sunstreaker

classics silverstreak

classics galvatron

classics ironhide

classics sideswipe

classics ratchet

classics cyclonus

classics hound

classics inferno

legends cosmos

Anyone got links to Cyclonus? I just got back from a weekend away and cannot dig thru the TFW SDCC thread far enough to find a link...

Also, my G1 Hardhead came! I love this figure so much, even tho the lower legs gave to fits to figure out which way they fold in... got it now, and he's awesome.

Anyone got links to Cyclonus? I just got back from a weekend away and cannot dig thru the TFW SDCC thread far enough to find a link...

Also, my G1 Hardhead came! I love this figure so much, even tho the lower legs gave to fits to figure out which way they fold in... got it now, and he's awesome.

This link pretty much shows you everything on 3 pages.

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&...906&start=0

But here's Cyclonus:

post-430-1217193285_thumb.jpg

post-430-1217193304_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

There has to be a catch in the fine print!

No new Classics Soundwave planned. First off, I mean come on, does Hasbro really think most collectors that wanted Soundwave, have one? I don't. Secondly, while its cool that the new Ravage fits in G1 Soundwave.....I, and probably most of you, want a new Classics Soundwave, ya know, one that doesn't look out of place with our classics collections and is fully articulated without a huge crotch that the Titanium one had.

That Thor looks like a mess of colors in alt mode, but it's such a well engineered looking figure that that might not matter.

There is hope if he is repainted in the current costume colors.

No new Classics Soundwave planned. First off, I mean come on, does Hasbro really think most collectors that wanted Soundwave, have one? I don't. Secondly, while its cool that the new Ravage fits in G1 Soundwave.....I, and probably most of you, want a new Classics Soundwave, ya know, one that doesn't look out of place with our classics collections and is fully articulated without a huge crotch that the Titanium one had.

I think I'm one of the few who actually likes Titanium Soundwave. I was even hoping Titanium Soundblaster would have been released just so that I could have had a chance at a Ravage for him. Yeah, the diaper sucks. Lots. But he still looks better with the classics than the G1 figure does, imo. Although it'd be nicer if they'd just release a gutted ML Soundwave, which would solve all of our SW needs.

decided i didn't like all the kibble hanging off my leader class bulkhead's arms today, so i too them apart to see how it all attaches. Turns out you can take all the kibble stuff off, remove a couple pins and a screw, and put the rest of the arm back together. This leaves you with the normal arm (with a rather unsightly hole in the back...easily hidden, but not ideal), and the option to friction fit the plating/shield bits with or without the missiles (these also friction fit). Everything holds together tightly on mine and it looks a helluva lot closer to the cartoon version without all the crap hanging off the arms...looks pretty cool with the plating on one arm without the missiles too...kinda like a riot shield.

Guest sh002

how about trailblazer, breaker,

or trail-er? :lol:

don't like most of the repaints for g1 universe. i prefer all the classics to be original molds. springer looks cool though.

Guest sh002

imo movie longarm looks like a pos in robot mode. i would prefer a new mold if they made hoist or trailbreaker.

I did not know that Ravage fit into G1 Soundwave... interesting. I wonder if they mean G1 Soundwave, or if they mean the Soundwave Classics reissue with the Soundblaster tapedeck... mine is the TFC reissue, so it's got the right sized deck.

DAMN!!! I was doing sooooo good on resisting the TFs until the Animated toys hit the shelves. <_< Were does Hasbro get all these wonderful toys?!? :huh: Even some of the new Universe figures are looking SWEET! DAMN!!! :angry:^_^

:ph34r:

decided i didn't like all the kibble hanging off my leader class bulkhead's arms today, so i too them apart to see how it all attaches. Turns out you can take all the kibble stuff off, remove a couple pins and a screw, and put the rest of the arm back together. This leaves you with the normal arm (with a rather unsightly hole in the back...easily hidden, but not ideal), and the option to friction fit the plating/shield bits with or without the missiles (these also friction fit). Everything holds together tightly on mine and it looks a helluva lot closer to the cartoon version without all the crap hanging off the arms...looks pretty cool with the plating on one arm without the missiles too...kinda like a riot shield.

AWESOME. That is exactly what I was going to try to do when I get Bulkhead. I'm very happy to hear it can be done without any cutting.

As for the hole, would it be too big to place a white star sticker over?

AWESOME. That is exactly what I was going to try to do when I get Bulkhead. I'm very happy to hear it can be done without any cutting.

As for the hole, would it be too big to place a white star sticker over?

The hole is a 3cm x 1cm rectangle, so it's pretty big. With the arms turned a bit you can't see it at all though. It would be pretty easy to fill as well, if you really wanted to cover it up....a strip of styrene painted olive or black and you wouldn't know there was a hole at all.

If you leave the plating in, but remove the missiles, there is only a small hole (under a cm diameter) in the plating, so it looks like the window in a riot shield.

As a 3rd option, the slot in the arm is rectangular but there is a circular part in the middle, so you can actually remove the plating and plug the missiles straight into the arm.

I also ended up taking out the saw blade, so it looks like he has 2 normal hands. I cut the tab between the thumb and fingers in the saw hand as well, so the blade can slide in and out if I decide I want it in for some reason.

The hole is a 3cm x 1cm rectangle, so it's pretty big. With the arms turned a bit you can't see it at all though. It would be pretty easy to fill as well, if you really wanted to cover it up....a strip of styrene painted olive or black and you wouldn't know there was a hole at all.

If you leave the plating in, but remove the missiles, there is only a small hole (under a cm diameter) in the plating, so it looks like the window in a riot shield.

As a 3rd option, the slot in the arm is rectangular but there is a circular part in the middle, so you can actually remove the plating and plug the missiles straight into the arm.

I also ended up taking out the saw blade, so it looks like he has 2 normal hands. I cut the tab between the thumb and fingers in the saw hand as well, so the blade can slide in and out if I decide I want it in for some reason.

Pics?

Guest sh002

woohoo just ordered nemesis prime from hasbrotoyshop with the discount. no waiting in line or ebay scalpers.

just got my encore minibots and binaltech arcee from tfsource. the minibots are cool and arcee is ok. i like how tfsource wraps the packaging with clear wrap.

Edited by sh002

woohoo just ordered nemesis prime from hasbrotoyshop with the discount. no waiting in line or ebay scalpers.

just got my encore minibots and binaltech arcee from tfsource. the minibots are cool and arcee is ok. i like how tfsource wraps the packaging with clear wrap.

My Arcee is on it's way from BBTS, but I purchased it more out of hope that I'd find a feminine head and a set of hands to slap on it eventually.

Tformers: Transformers Revoltech Tfs Soundwave and Grimlock:

"When asked about any future Transformers characters in Kaiyodo's Revoltech line, our good friends at Organic Hobby hinted "SOUNDWAVE" and "GRIMROCK" (Grimlock) in a casual conversation at this past weekend's San Diego Comic-Con 2008."

Might solve some Classics Soundwave needs...sort of...

Edit: should have finished looking at Tformers.com before posting. They also have a link to pics of the upcoming Marvel Crossovers. I had thought the Human Torch was just an Iron Man repaint, but it looks like he's not. The Hulk gray(or is it silver?) repaint looks ok. Captain America as a Hummer looks great but seems to have the same problem Thor does: a mess of colors with excellent engineering underneath. The War Machine repaint(from Iron Man) looks pretty nice, as does Carnage(from Venom).

Edited by Alpha OTS

Pics?

ask and you shall receive :)

with all kibble removed

bulkhead1.jpg

just with missiles

bulkhead2.jpg

just missiles again

bulkhead3.jpg

"riot shield"

bulkhead4.jpg

and here's a close-up of the hole the bits leave when you take em out. Big, but hidden away nicely on the back of the arm, so impossible to see from most angles.

bulkhead5.jpg

and just for fun: Prowl on Prowl :p

prowl1.jpg

prowl2.jpg

ask and you shall receive :)

Wow! That looks much better. I've been intending to pick up Leader Bulkhead, but was none to happy with extra bits on his arms, this mod though easily justifies the purchase now.

FYI:

TF SDCC exclusives (TF Universe Nemesis Prime and TF Titanium Skywarp) are available now at HTS.com!!

Don't forget to use the 10% off promotion code: COMIC2008!!

Damnation. I sat around all day, asking myself, "Do I really want a third repaint of Classics Prime?" And when I finally decided that, yes, I do in fact want a third repaint of Classics Prime (especially since the Classics Autobots are really starting to outnumber the Decepticons), HTS is sold out.

In other pointless Classics discussion, reading Classics Nemesis Prime's bio got me thinking about Straxus, and how in the old Marvel comics he wound up in a clone body of Megatron. So I decided that the Deluxe Classics two-pack Megatron will be my Classics Straxus, to help fill out the Decepticon ranks. Deluxe Classics two-pack Optimus just goes on a shelf for random Primes, since I have a tendency to collect Optimus Prime even if I don't want the rest of a particular toy line.

yea, it's a super quick fix and makes a world of difference. Picked up animated lockdown today as well and had to trim a notch into his hands to make em fold out properly (they only come out halfway normally...looks silly)