Transformers Super Thread 7

Damnation. I sat around all day, asking myself, "Do I really want a third repaint of Classics Prime?" And when I finally decided that, yes, I do in fact want a third repaint of Classics Prime (especially since the Classics Autobots are really starting to outnumber the Decepticons), HTS is sold out.

Sorry to hear that, but keep checking ... I vaguely recall that last year, HTS posted some new stock of SDCC Alt Rodimus for a day or two.

Sorry to hear that, but keep checking ... I vaguely recall that last year, HTS posted some new stock of SDCC Alt Rodimus for a day or two.

Yeah, I bookmarked the page (as well as Newegg's page for the only 9800GTX+ they have), and will refresh (both) every now and then to see if it (they) show up back in stock.

ask and you shall receive :)

with all kibble removed

just with missiles

just missiles again

"riot shield"

and here's a close-up of the hole the bits leave when you take em out. Big, but hidden away nicely on the back of the arm, so impossible to see from most angles.

and just for fun: Prowl on Prowl :p

prowl1.jpg

Hey thanks for the info on Bulkhead. I was thinking I would not get him...but I just may.

:lol::lol::lol: <--------------Prowl on Prowl.......too funny!!!

:ph34r:

if you're going to get a bulkhead, the leader's the way to go....REALLY nice toy. I ended up picking up the voyager as well to display in truck mode

and i love that prowl can ride himself...he will forever be displayed like that in my cabinet. :lol:

Sweet, Nemesis Prime is back in stock at the Hasbro Toy shop.

Thanks for the heads up!

Just placed an order for 2. I'm actually somewhat surprised they don't have some kind of 1 per a customer quantity limit like they usually do on exclusives and/or new items.

I preordered those from BBTS as well... I'm hoping the neck is jointed, but otherwise they look good.

In other news, I got my TFC #20 today, totally rad set... I actually even like the Wheelie figure., and Kup is sweet. I think I want to track down the Orion Pax E-Hobby set at some point.

Also got the Wonderfest Dai Atlas PVC figure from BBTS (it's on clearance)... it's like a fricken sweet TF Revoltech figure before Revoltech was invented.

Anyone seen the TF Universe Ultras at retail? This would be Powerglide and Onslaught.

Sorry, not yet. And I'm dying to get my hands on Onslaught. The Decepticons are really starting to get outnumbered, here. Lucky that Galvatron and Acid Storm are in the next wave. I'm going to buy an extra Acid Storm and try my hand at repainting him as Thundercracker.

I found an Animated Slag Snarl.

Remember that flame-sword-breath thing no one could explain on Grimlock's box?

100_2342.jpg

I think it was on the wrong package.

Admittedly, it's a little fidgety(okay, it's a LOT fidgety) but... the results speak for themselves.

A guide tab would do wonders, and if I get up the courage, I may make some holes in the club for the beak to notch into.

The blue coloring isn't on the toy, and is entirely the fault of me using a crappy camera and aggravated by me photographing with a flash.

(Yes, I went outside and took the photo in the middle of the night. I hope you appreciate the mosquito bites I acquired.).

Edited by JB0

Anyone seen the TF Universe Ultras at retail? This would be Powerglide and Onslaught.

Us Minnesota fans have been scoring the Ultras this week. I picked up Onslaught on Monday but left Powerglide on the shelf. Onslaught is almost 100% awesome, but a lot of them (including mine) suffer from the leg parts not pegging together tightly, which sort of sours the joy a bit. He's still very awesome looking though and highly recommended. Great colors.

JBO- That pic of Snarl with the flame/club looks like he's trying to devour a giant cheeto. :p

I picked up Snarlag on Monday too. Love the little guy. His chest took me a while to get into place in robot mode because it seems to take a little work to get it to fold in further than it wants to, but he looks great once everything is in the right place. Of course it would be nice if he were a bit taller, but hopefully Swoop will bring some balance to the three dinos. My Animated dream toy is that they introduce a brontosaurus character (Sludge) and release the toy in leader scale. What kid or adult fan wouldn't want that? You can start writing me the check now, Hasbro. :D

I found an Animated Slag Snarl.

Remember that flame-sword-breath thing no one could explain on Grimlock's box?

I think it was on the wrong package.

Admittedly, it's a little fidgety(okay, it's a LOT fidgety) but... the results speak for themselves.

A guide tab would do wonders, and if I get up the courage, I may make some holes in the club for the beak to notch into.

The blue coloring isn't on the toy, and is entirely the fault of me using a crappy camera and aggravated by me photographing with a flash.

(Yes, I went outside and took the photo in the middle of the night. I hope you appreciate the mosquito bites I acquired.).

AWESOME PIC!!! I need to pick that guy up still. I totally need to take some pics of my TFs tonight. I have them all in good poses.

Us Minnesota fans have been scoring the Ultras this week. I picked up Onslaught on Monday but left Powerglide on the shelf. Onslaught is almost 100% awesome, but a lot of them (including mine) suffer from the leg parts not pegging together tightly, which sort of sours the joy a bit. He's still very awesome looking though and highly recommended. Great colors.

Went out to visit my (sick) dad today. He wasn't really up for company, though, so I decided to check out the Target and Wal-Mart in his area. Still no Ultras, although Target had a space for them on the shelf, as well as some Universe Voyagers that I guess are repaints of some sort. Heavy Load, or something like that. I noticed that Deep Space Starscream is on Clearance, too.

What I did find at the Wal-Mart, though was the Star Wars Transformers Death Star Darth Vader. The box was a little beat, and maybe even opened. It was missing the mini Vader, one of the mini Stormies, and one of the mini TIEs. His gun, lightsaber, and cape were still there, though. Oh, and he was marked with a $25 clearance sticker. At that price, I bit. Two TIEs and two Stormies are enough, and I have a mini Vader from the TF TIE fighter Vader. He's a very impressive-looking toy, with a fairly simple transformation, but it's a real pain in the rear to get the panels to line up.

.... but it's a real pain in the rear to get the panels to line up.

Great deal on the SW Darth Vader Death Star figure!!! Congrats! I was lucky too and got mine from eBay for $29 shipped MIB.

B))

Were you able to get all the panels to line up and actually form the sphere shape of the Death Star? I could never do it with mine ...

<_<

my local toys r us had a shelf full of em for $30 too...seems they aren't selling too well

Heh...........maybe I outta look for one myself. It's pretty cool how massive it seems to be. How big is it?

14" or so, if memory serves...

WOW.....not as big as I was thinking...but...still...that's BIG.

JBO- That pic of Snarl with the flame/club looks like he's trying to devour a giant cheeto. :p

Cheeto might actually work better as a flame. :)

I picked up Snarlag on Monday too. Love the little guy. His chest took me a while to get into place in robot mode because it seems to take a little work to get it to fold in further than it wants to, but he looks great once everything is in the right place. Of course it would be nice if he were a bit taller, but hopefully Swoop will bring some balance to the three dinos. My Animated dream toy is that they introduce a brontosaurus character (Sludge) and release the toy in leader scale. What kid or adult fan wouldn't want that? You can start writing me the check now, Hasbro. :D

But Sludge's alt-mode doesn't exist.

The brontosaurus was an apatosaurus with the skull of a camarasaurus.

You wouldn't want Hasbro to teach children bad science, would you?

We're still recovering from the original series and IT'S regular abuses of reality.

Fun fact: My browser's spell-check has brontosaurus in it, but not apatosaurus, which it would like to correct to tyrannosaurus, stegosaurus, or brontosaurus. I believe this was done to spite me.

Cheeto might actually work better as a flame. :)

But Sludge's alt-mode doesn't exist.

The brontosaurus was an apatosaurus with the skull of a camarasaurus.

You wouldn't want Hasbro to teach children bad science, would you?

We're still recovering from the original series and IT'S regular abuses of reality.

Fun fact: My browser's spell-check has brontosaurus in it, but not apatosaurus, which it would like to correct to tyrannosaurus, stegosaurus, or brontosaurus. I believe this was done to spite me.

Wow :blink: ......it would seem to me....that G1 just got served.

BTW-THANKS for the lesson....i had not a clue about any of the dino stuff.

Edited by misterryno

Heh, not up on my dino facts. The 9-year old me would be disappointed. I remember telling my teacher in 3rd grade that there was a dinosaur called the "Ultrasaurus" because I had seen it on some TV special and she thought I was making it up. :D

In any case, I want Sludge as a big, long-necked small-headed lumbering dinosaur, whichever kind that may be. :)

Heh, not up on my dino facts. The 9-year old me would be disappointed. I remember telling my teacher in 3rd grade that there was a dinosaur called the "Ultrasaurus" because I had seen it on some TV special and she thought I was making it up. :D

In any case, I want Sludge as a big, long-necked small-headed lumbering dinosaur, whichever kind that may be. :)

:lol::lol::lol: ...Ultrasaurus...

I do concur about what you would like to have.

Got a hold of Powerglide, I actually like Hasbro's take on the Classics decos, looks more modernized. Takara's version maybe show accurate but to me it looks boring.

Anyways, robot mode does not look as bad as I thought, it all depends on what angle you view it, if you look at it straight ahead, the head does not look so high up, just look at the engines as part of his upper body as opposed to engines.

Also, there are hinges that need to be swiveled, and the wings are attached to it as well(its the hinge under the engines in robot mode). LOOSEN THESE UP WITH A SCREWDRIVER. Otherwise the plastic will develop stress marks like on mine. Now that I have loosened the parts, I have no worries. Fighter mode would have looked better without side intakes and knee covers from robot mode. The landing gear make the static display look weird, it angles up to the rear in fighter mode too much. The front gear will not touch the ground if the gun is in place.

Overall, decent, best articulation of all the Classics jet transformers so far, but nearly the worst alt mode(worst goes to Tankor). I think the alt mode is okay, but it could have been so much better. The worst thing about the robot mode is that the top fuselage basically just hangs from the back.

Got a hold of Powerglide, I actually like Hasbro's take on the Classics decos, looks more modernized. Takara's version maybe show accurate but to me it looks boring.

Anyways, robot mode does not look as bad as I thought, it all depends on what angle you view it, if you look at it straight ahead, the head does not look so high up, just look at the engines as part of his upper body as opposed to engines.

Also, there are hinges that need to be swiveled, and the wings are attached to it as well(its the hinge under the engines in robot mode). LOOSEN THESE UP WITH A SCREWDRIVER. Otherwise the plastic will develop stress marks like on mine. Now that I have loosened the parts, I have no worries. Fighter mode would have looked better without side intakes and knee covers from robot mode. The landing gear make the static display look weird, it angles up to the rear in fighter mode too much. The front gear will not touch the ground if the gun is in place.

Overall, decent, best articulation of all the Classics jet transformers so far, but nearly the worst alt mode(worst goes to Tankor). I think the alt mode is okay, but it could have been so much better. The worst thing about the robot mode is that the top fuselage basically just hangs from the back.

Heh............thanks for that...........I may just end up skipping this guy.

Finally was able to snap a few pics of my current TF collection. There are still quite a few more to go till I'll be done......again.

07-30-2008-001.jpg

07-30-2008-002.jpg

07-30-2008-003.jpg

07-30-2008-004.jpg

07-30-2008-005.jpg

07-30-2008-006.jpg

07-30-2008-007.jpg

07-30-2008-008.jpg