Transformers Super Thread 7

Great deal on the SW Darth Vader Death Star figure!!! Congrats! I was lucky too and got mine from eBay for $29 shipped MIB.

B))

Were you able to get all the panels to line up and actually form the sphere shape of the Death Star? I could never do it with mine ...

<_<

Nope. I got them all on one side, but two panels refused to line up on the other.

Cool pics misterryno ... thanks for sharing.

@Shin Densetsu - Thanks for the mini-review of TF Universe Powerglide. I am really on the fence about this guy. On the one hand: his alt mode looks decent, but his robot mode looks kinda weak. On the other hand, thus far I LOVE the entire TF Universe/Classics 2.0 line and want to give this mold a chance. Plus, I can't decide which paint scheme I like better: Powerglide or Stormcloud. What do you folks think?

@mikeszekely - Yeah, I managed to get one side complete too, but could never complete the entire sphere. I gave up and left Darth in robot mode.

:)

** EDIT: just found this video review of Powerglide on YouTube, he has major back kibble and looks way too top heavy in robot mode.

post-3878-1217478840_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1217478845_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1217478853_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1217478859_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vermillion21

None of the Universe 2.0 Ultras/Voyagers are really blowin up my skirt so far.

The Deluxes are where its at so far for me.

Same here. Although I'm a little irritated that the one deluxe that should have been an Ultra didn't happen. Poor Galvatron. :(

None of the Universe 2.0 Ultras/Voyagers are really blowin up my skirt so far.

The Deluxes are where its at so far for me.

I'm not thrilled with the concept of Ultras. Voyagers with irritating electronic lights and sounds and an extra $5 tacked on, if you ask me.

I do still want Onslaught, especially since the Autobots are outnumbering the Decepticons. But the cockpit kibble on Powerglide's back is ruining it for me, and Silverbot is either a robot with a jet on his back, or a jet with a robot slung underneath... I can't imagine him having a transformation more complicated than a freaking Micromaster.

The new-mold Voyagers (I'm not counting crappy Energon/Cyberton repaints), though, I'm all about. Inferno looks solid (and opens up the possibility of a Grapple repaint), and Cyclonus looks awesome beyond belief.

I'm not thrilled with the concept of Ultras. Voyagers with irritating electronic lights and sounds and an extra $5 tacked on, if you ask me.

Actually, the Ultras are significantly bigger than the voyagers in this line, Powerglide is definitely larger than Jetfire by good measure. The detail has gone up too, turbines molded in his intakes, various details in his fighter mode compartments, et al.

But the cockpit kibble on Powerglide's back is ruining it for me

Its definitely dissapointing.

Inferno looks solid (and opens up the possibility of a Grapple repaint), and Cyclonus looks awesome beyond belief.

Agreed, but Cyclonus is actually a deluxe.

Galvy for SURE should have been at least a voyager.

True

@Shin Densetsu - Thanks for the mini-review of TF Universe Powerglide. I am really on the fence about this guy. On the one hand: his alt mode looks decent, but his robot mode looks kinda weak. On the other hand, thus far I LOVE the entire TF Universe/Classics 2.0 line and want to give this mold a chance. Plus, I can't decide which paint scheme I like better: Powerglide or Stormcloud. What do you folks think?

No prob. My choices are mainly character based/driven, so I would opt for Powerglide, I remember him from G1 and liked him on the cartoon. I have no idea whotf Stormcloud is, other than that he is based on some obscure decepticon micromaster. The neon green on the face throws me off.

Agreed, but Cyclonus is actually a deluxe.

You, sir, just saved me $10.

While I can't disagree that a Voyager Galvatron would have been nice, if the Universe line keeps cranking out Deluxes as good as they've been, I'd honestly be happy to buy nothing but Deluxes. Cheaper figures means more money for more figures.

Okay I need some help TF fans. I'm trying to work on a project, but I need high res reference pics of Flint and Lady Jaye's daughter from Transformers G1... that's right everyone's favourite EDC Captain Marissa Faireborn.

What I'm looking for specifically are good shots of her in her combat space suit (Five Faces of Darkness), General EDC Uniform (The Killing Jar), Dreamwave comics uniform (the one with the jacket), and black "baroness" body armor from the first issue of that most perverted of Transformers manga... Kiss Players.

If anyone can hook me up with any of those I'll be most grateful.

Powerglide is definitely larger than Jetfire by good measure.

Sooooooo..............do you agree with me that they should redo the Classics Jetfire figure into an Ultra with more detail than the current? I wish...I wish...I wish :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

Sooooooo..............do you agree with me that they should redo the Classics Jetfire figure into an Ultra with more detail than the current? I wish...I wish...I wish rolleyes.gif

ph34r.gif

YES, with bicep swivels, universal hip joints, thigh swivels, better disguise for fighter mode form underneath and a more fighter-like canopy. Hell maybe even the cockpit/nose styled after G2 Jetfire. That would be awesome.

Sooooooo..............do you agree with me that they should redo the Classics Jetfire figure into an Ultra with more detail than the current? I wish...I wish...I wish :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that the Jetfire we got was perfect or anything, but there's a lot more characters I want in the Classics/Universe line before I need them to redo ones they already did.

Okay I need some help TF fans. I'm trying to work on a project, but I need high res reference pics of Flint and Lady Jaye's daughter from Transformers G1... that's right everyone's favourite EDC Captain Marissa Faireborn.

What I'm looking for specifically are good shots of her in her combat space suit (Five Faces of Darkness), General EDC Uniform (The Killing Jar), Dreamwave comics uniform (the one with the jacket), and black "baroness" body armor from the first issue of that most perverted of Transformers manga... Kiss Players.

If anyone can hook me up with any of those I'll be most grateful.

Here's the best I could do:

ffodmarissamd0.th.jpg killingjarmarissajr6.th.jpg

Hope this helps.

Heh, not up on my dino facts. The 9-year old me would be disappointed. I remember telling my teacher in 3rd grade that there was a dinosaur called the "Ultrasaurus" because I had seen it on some TV special and she thought I was making it up. :D

In any case, I want Sludge as a big, long-necked small-headed lumbering dinosaur, whichever kind that may be. :)

the Ultrasaurus?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasaurus_(Zoids)

:phttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasauros

one big dino!

You'll find "Ultrasaurus" as basically a "giant Brachiosaurus" in most any good dino book from the late 80's and early 90's---thus the inspiration for the Ultrasaurus Zoid (best Zoid ever IMHO). I'm sad to learn now that it's not really a Brachiosaur, and is merely a mis-labeled Supersaurus. ::edit:: And now they say Supersaurus is really a Seismosaurus, which is itself "merely" a different species of Diplodocus. Sigh. Dinobots.

On an unrelated note, Animated Blitzwing has a PERFECT Gerwalk: http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/jas...piter/blitz.jpg

So... noone here has any Victory or later TFs they want to tell me about the awesomeness of?

If I had them to this date I would be happy to share with you...but since I sold them off about a year ago I have tried to forget. :(

Sorry to hear that... I think I'll be getting one soon, so I'll be sure to post many pics to make you feel bad :p Just kidding... but these two really are my attainable holy grail figures.

EDIT: Noone's got the special JP Headmaster heads or the repaint Godmaster minifigs? None of the crazy hard to find stuff?

Edited by promethuem5

You'll find "Ultrasaurus" as basically a "giant Brachiosaurus" in most any good dino book from the late 80's and early 90's---thus the inspiration for the Ultrasaurus Zoid (best Zoid ever IMHO). I'm sad to learn now that it's not really a Brachiosaur, and is merely a mis-labeled Supersaurus. ::edit:: And now they say Supersaurus is really a Seismosaurus, which is itself "merely" a different species of Diplodocus. Sigh. Dinobots.

Awww, I shoulda kept up.

I hadn't heard that Supersaurus wasn't considered it's own species anymore.

Last I'd heard, Ultrasauros was a larger (and presumably older) Supersaurus, but Supersaurus was still it's own species.

Guess that's what happens when you start identifying skeletons by 4 or 5 bones.

On an unrelated note, Animated Blitzwing has a PERFECT Gerwalk: http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/jas...piter/blitz.jpg

Me like!

Guess that's what happens when you start identifying skeletons by 4 or 5 bones.

Or with so many--half a bone or a tooth. :)

We need more dinobots---and more "classic" dinos. I've noticed a trend in Japan (both Zoids and TFs)---they LOVE to make things about "the big new dino" whenever possible. Seismosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Ultrasaurus, Charcarodontosaurus, etc. Magmatron is the best example for a TF. And then 2 years later they find out it's not "really" a new species half the time and the size estimate was 30% off. People should wait before making "all this stuff" about new dinos. Just stick with the basics until you've got at least half a skeleton to go on---the original Dinobots (and anything known prior to WWI) are still what people really know and want, species-wise.

PS---yes, I typed out Charcarodontosaurus all by myself. I can also do Pachycephalosaurus, Parasauralophus, Deinonychus, and Therizinosaurus. :) I tend to like the more obscure stuff---I was a Velociraptor fan in the 80's, then a certain movie came out and EVERYONE jumped on the bandwagon... (so I switched back to Deinonychus)

PPS--Magmatron is an AWESOME toy IMHO, one of my all-time faves. Well worth getting if you don't have one.

That gerwalk shot of Blitzwing just changed my mind on him and now I'll have to get him. looks far better than either of his official alt modes.

As for dinosaurs, I miss the good old days when a T-Rex still walked upright. :p

I can't believe this $hit! :angry: I went to 5 different Wal-Marts and 5 different Targets and the only "new" item I found was a Classics Onslaught. I wanted it...but then decided I would not and got a Voyager Animated Bulkhead instead. I like him alot but I don't like his size....I'm gonna have to go for the Leader version.

I can't believe this $hit! :angry: I went to 5 different Wal-Marts and 5 different Targets and the only "new" item I found was a Classics Onslaught. I wanted it...but then decided I would not and got a Voyager Animated Bulkhead instead. I like him alot but I don't like his size....I'm gonna have to go for the Leader version.

At least you found an Onslaught. All I found was an Animated Snarl and an Animated Jazz, and ultimately passed on both because I'm really waiting for the Classics Ultras.

Or with so many--half a bone or a tooth. :)

We need more dinobots---and more "classic" dinos. I've noticed a trend in Japan (both Zoids and TFs)---they LOVE to make things about "the big new dino" whenever possible. Seismosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Ultrasaurus, Charcarodontosaurus, etc. Magmatron is the best example for a TF. And then 2 years later they find out it's not "really" a new species half the time and the size estimate was 30% off. People should wait before making "all this stuff" about new dinos. Just stick with the basics until you've got at least half a skeleton to go on---the original Dinobots (and anything known prior to WWI) are still what people really know and want, species-wise.

PS---yes, I typed out Charcarodontosaurus all by myself. I can also do Pachycephalosaurus, Parasauralophus, Deinonychus, and Therizinosaurus. :) I tend to like the more obscure stuff---I was a Velociraptor fan in the 80's, then a certain movie came out and EVERYONE jumped on the bandwagon... (so I switched back to Deinonychus)

PPS--Magmatron is an AWESOME toy IMHO, one of my all-time faves. Well worth getting if you don't have one.

You're a better latin speller than I am.

Though.... Pachycephalosaurus is an interesting one to throw out after criticizing people for making big deals out of individual bones. Given it's only known by skulls(and in fact, most of that entire family)...

I was always a fan of the ceratopsians. The whole family. I had dreams as a kid of bringing a protoceratops back and mowing lawns with it.

Micheal Crichton ripped me off!

Parasauralophus and stegosaurus were pretty sweet too.

Actually I don't like Pachy at all--I was just showing off my dino spelling with that one. ^_^

My main faves are Allosaurus fragilis (yup, I'm species-specific with that one) and Stegosaurus. Also like Kentrosaurus, though how the spikes are arranged are still up for debate--I like the "original" way I grew up seeing in books of course. Stegosaurus is why I have Snarl (G2), and the Gordos zoid, and the new Lego stego. :)

Thus, we need a new Stego dinobot!

At least you found an Onslaught. All I found was an Animated Snarl and an Animated Jazz, and ultimately passed on both because I'm really waiting for the Classics Ultras.

<_< Lucky....I would have rather added another Animated Jazz and Snarl to my collection. That's why I didn't even bother with Onslaught.

Thus, we need a new Stego dinobot!

Yes we do. That's all they need to add to the Animated Dinos is Sludge and Slag. Then it will be PERFECT! :rolleyes:

I just found Powerglide and a horde of wave 3 dlx's. Gah, I want Onslaught...

How bout this....if you can find me a TFA Soundwave I can look again for that Onslaught. Let me know.

How bout this....if you can find me a TFA Soundwave I can look again for that Onslaught. Let me know.

Lets see.

My weekend haul.

Classics Tankor(Octane)

He is okay. Bot mode is pretty good but his vehicle modes are poor. 7/10

Animated Oilslick.

Awesome. Pure awesome. One of the best figs in this line. Articulated and just cool looking 9/10

Animated Soundwave.

I am kinda disappointed. Vehicle mode is cool but Laserbeak really needs some paint apps,Bot mode is floppy and kinda short and hes got the sticky paint on the roof of the Scion/Back of bot deal. 6/10

My Henkei Jetfire and Hot Rod arrived from BBTS.

Jetfire is just pure love. The previous Hasbro deco was nice, but this is SOOOO much nicer to me because it's as completely slavish to the G1 toon as it can be on this mold. The way the cockpit was painted to make it look more accurate, but also smaller, and looking smaller makes the rest of the figure look larger like the Autobot transport he should be. I mainly ordered because of the cockpit. I missed out on a few other details when I ordered him that I was pleasantly surprised by when he arrived. The helmet has blue on the top like the toon and the helmet edges outside the face are outlined with silver like the face, which is hard to describe, but it's another attempt to be toon accurate and it works. The helmet has a red visor instead of a blue one, which is a nice touch that I much prefer as a G1 toy homage than the Stormbringer blue helmet on the Hasbro version. The vents on the front of the jet become the chest vents(it does on the Hasbro version too, but it's much simpler here and the mainly white deco really makes it distinctive and toon accurate). The wings are painted(or not) to be more accurate to the toon too. I'm just really really happy with the deco on this figure.

Hot Rod, I'm a little dissappointed by. One of the things I hate about buying figures online is that you can't go through the stock yourself to get the one with the best paint apps. There's just little imperfections on the chest that bug me, and one very obvious spot where the orange should be but isn't, and the orange is the reason I bought the thing. The red/maroon is the *exact* same color as the red on the Hasbro version, which I expected but still can't help but be dissapointed by. He's ok, but I'm a little hesitant to give up my Classics version which is something I shouldn't be feeling. I blame this mostly on the QC.

I also picked up one of those Transformers' Club movie Allspark cubes for $15. It's a little large for the figures, but it's the size I wanted for my display. It's a little over 1.5" square and has all the imprinted detail I expected.