Transformers Super Thread 7

Yeah, I have the RM set as well... right now they're in pieces because I was modding them to have better articulation, but I had an issue with the paint, so now that project's backburnered... and besides, now I've got a full size SS.

The mod for leg articulation is something I've always meant to do but never got around to. I'm still surprised that Takara made that the way they did, with hip joints but no way to move them. And on the subject of SS, I'd LOVE to see him show up in the Classics/Universe line.

So I just checked my shipment from HTS and it says that my TFA Blitzwing (x2) has been accepted yesterday morning. So that means that I should receive them today in the mail. WOOT WOOT!!!

:ph34r:

I got crossover Venom and it is a pretty sweet figure, very solid in vehicle mode and great looking in Venom mode.

They look pretty cool. I have considered getting the Hulk or IronMan.

On another note...WOOT WOOT!!! I just got TFA Blitzwing!!! My package arrived today and there they were...TFA Blitzwing X 2....SOOOOO COOL!!! The tank mode is the most solid so far and pretty cool looking...I dig the triple face gadget...I'm miffed about not being able to swing the callnons over the shoulders in robot mode...but so far a REALLY SWEET figure! MORE LATER!

I'd love to see Star Saber and a Victory Saber in Universe. Hell we get Blades, Treadbolt, and Drop Shot, no one knows who the hell those guys are, and yet they have toys made. Well okay some fans remember them but not many.

Now Star Saber is a jet, headmaster bad ass, swordsman, and looks awesome.

Yep I'd buy him even if I didn't know who the hell he was.

I'd love to see Star Saber and a Victory Saber in Universe. Hell we get Blades, Treadbolt, and Drop Shot, no one knows who the hell those guys are, and yet they have toys made. Well okay some fans remember them but not many.

Now Star Saber is a jet, headmaster bad ass, swordsman, and looks awesome.

Yep I'd buy him even if I didn't know who the hell he was.

I TOTALLY concur! I would love a StarConvoy. He would be AWESOME with articulation!

I got my Sonic Bomber today... it's a great piece in fantastic condition, with the box (mediocre) but no micromaster (save some yellowing, which I might Krylon Fusion like Dai Atlas, but might now for how much I paid), and now I can make Sky Powered... I'll post some pictures late tonight when I get home from work...

I got my Sonic Bomber today... it's a great piece in fantastic condition, with the box (mediocre) but no micromaster (save some yellowing, which I might Krylon Fusion like Dai Atlas, but might now for how much I paid), and now I can make Sky Powered... I'll post some pictures late tonight when I get home from work...

Right on! Can't wait to see some Old Skoolness!!! I will also be posting some pics tonight of TFA Blitzwing.

As promised....here are a few quick snapshots of TFA Blitzwing....all I need is one more for all 3 transformations.

08-20-2008-001.jpg

08-20-2008-002.jpg

08-20-2008-003.jpg

08-20-2008-004.jpg

Don't forget his best mode: Gerwalk. :)

Hmmmmm.....I haven't tried that......yet ^_^

Before I do...here's a little Blitzwing "Itano Circus" I found while watching TFA Episode 21...

BWItanoCircus.jpg

Don't forget his best mode: Gerwalk. :)

Here we go now...because of his arm transformation I can only get him to partial GERWALK...

08-20-2008-005.jpg

08-20-2008-006.jpg

ha sweet! can you take his orange thingies out? or are they permanent? would look a lot cleaner if you could get rid of em.

picked up a couple more deluxes today and figured it was time for a group shot. still can't find bumblebee for the life of me :/

did a bit of a trick with soundwave as well...attached his legs on backwards, so the backs are now the fronts, with the wheels out to the sides. then instead of folding the toes under, extend them down to form his lower legs. Had to add some super glue to the ball joints at the knees, and he has to be propped up against another character to stand, but his height is a lot better this way (IMHO) and in a group shot, you really can't tell that it isn't supposed to be like that.

tfa.jpg

colored in snarlag's cheetoh as well....just used a thick sharpie and it works quite well.

ha sweet! can you take his orange thingies out? or are they permanent? would look a lot cleaner if you could get rid of em.

The orange thingies are his missiles and they can be removed. I like you collection so far. I still need to get Oil Slick and quite a few more.

ah, cool! have to get at least one of him then :)

glad you like the collection. I got hooked after i picked up leader bulkhead, and it's been on ever since. I was planning on skipping oilslick, jazz, and soundwave from the latest set of deluxes, but I broke down today and got em...definitely glad I did!

you really can't beat em for $13 a piece...nice to walk out of a store with an armload of toys for under $100 :p

Here we go now...because of his arm transformation I can only get him to partial GERWALK...

Awesome, thanks for the photos! I can't wait to get BW.

Cube- That really does add some height to Soudwave. Could post a clearer shot of him so we can see what he looks like up close? Even though I love the guy I do think he's a bit too short...like his legs should have telescoped or something.

Man, the jet mode on Animated Blitzwing looks really weak.

"Here's a jet with tank treads on it." <_<

that's what my fiancee thought too....but hey....that's the way it is in the show.

that's what my fiancee thought too....but hey....that's the way it is in the show.

That really doesn't seem like a good justification for a poor design. <_<

"Hey it looks like crap on TV AND in real life!"

On the show they sort of use "anime magic" to minimize the treads and smooth out the jet shape.

Edited by Grand Admiral

That really doesn't seem like a good justification for a poor design. <_<

"Hey it looks like crap on TV AND in real life!"

On the show they sort of use "anime magic" to minimize the treads and smooth out the jet shape.

I wasn't trying to justify it for I don't really care. Yeah it would be nice if were smoother like in the show but hey....whatcha gonna do?!? :huh: I think he's a cool fig anyways.

I do to. Sometimes our wanting the perfect toy gets in the way of how things really are. We all now the Hasbro hasn't been that good at making good transforming jets so why complain about the crappy jet mode. Plus these toys are designed for kids in mind who really don't care as much as us. I for one can't wait until i get mine, and will be happy with him. Plus the Decepticons are being greatly outnumbered by the Autobots at this moment. I need more bad guys to be released.

Cube- That really does add some height to Soudwave. Could post a clearer shot of him so we can see what he looks like up close? Even though I love the guy I do think he's a bit too short...like his legs should have telescoped or something.

'ere ya go...I'm planning on adding some side pieces to the legs so he can stand on his own, but for a quick fix, it works pretty well and looks a lot better

sound.jpg

Animated Voyager Starscream is probably one of Hasbro's better attempts at a jet design. It technically has a 'better' looking jet mode than Blitzwing, but I think Blitzwing looks like a far superior toy overall. That's not saying much though because I absolutely hated Animated Starscream as a toy (he went straight back into the box and straight to the closet, if anyone wants him shoot me a PM).

I like the Activators version quite a bit though.

'ere ya go...I'm planning on adding some side pieces to the legs so he can stand on his own, but for a quick fix, it works pretty well and looks a lot better

sound.jpg

Wow man, good work! I might have to get another SW so I can try that. Keep us updated on any further work you do to make him more stable.

Animated Voyager Starscream is probably one of Hasbro's better attempts at a jet design. It technically has a 'better' looking jet mode than Blitzwing, but I think Blitzwing looks like a far superior toy overall. That's not saying much though because I absolutely hated Animated Starscream as a toy (he went straight back into the box and straight to the closet, if anyone wants him shoot me a PM).

I like the Activators version quite a bit though.

Dude u hated starscream? seriously?

Why??

i hate tfa starscream too...something about the head bugs me.

The only thing that bothers me about him is that his legs are a bit weird but all in all he is AWESOME!!!