Transformers Super Thread 7

Wanted to ask a few days ago but the boards were down:

Does anyone want to split an Encore Thundercracker/Skywarp pack? I just want Thundercracker.

Sorry mate...no more classics for me. I had all the classic seekers at one point...yes, even the ones from Botcon 07...then sold them all <_< . What was I thinking?!? :wacko:

:ph34r:

Umm, Encore isn't classic, it's G1. But better than the originals. (Heresy you say? Nope---insignia are printed on instead of stickers)

DUH ME!!! :wacko: Sorry.....forgot what I was talking about.....well still sorry....not collcting encore anymore either.

Oh SNAP! I almost forgot. I was watching I think episode 29 of TFA and their ship the "arc" in the show is Omega Supreme. Do you guys think they will make a toy out of him?!? :huh: THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

DUH ME!!! :wacko: Sorry.....forgot what I was talking about.....well still sorry....not collcting encore anymore either.

Don't feel bad, I made the same mistake.

But in that case, sorry David. I'm not collecting G1 toys or G1 reissues. They toys were awesome to me when I was 4-7, but next to the modern TF toys they're cars that turn into bricks that seemed amazingly articulate if they could bend their freaking knees. Closest thing I have to a G1 toy is Pepsi Prime, and that's only because, despite my lack of interest in G1 toys, I do collect random Primes.

Oh, and given the chance, I might be persuaded to buy Sideswipe, but only because he was the first TF I ever owned.

EDIT: Yeah, they are making an Omega Supreme toy. I'm pretty sure that, appropriately enough, it's going to be a Supreme Class, like the big Optimus Prime.

Edited by mikeszekely

Already listed overseas in the Supreme size class, which ROC Prime is already in. I would not be surprised if we saw this for Xmas or spring.

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!! This makes me soooooooo happy!!! :D

Don't feel bad, I made the same mistake.

But in that case, sorry David. I'm not collecting G1 toys or G1 reissues. They toys were awesome to me when I was 4-7, but next to the modern TF toys they're cars that turn into bricks that seemed amazingly articulate if they could bend their freaking knees. Closest thing I have to a G1 toy is Pepsi Prime, and that's only because, despite my lack of interest in G1 toys, I do collect random Primes.

Oh, and given the chance, I might be persuaded to buy Sideswipe, but only because he was the first TF I ever owned.

EDIT: Yeah, they are making an Omega Supreme toy. I'm pretty sure that, appropriately enough, it's going to be a Supreme Class, like the big Optimus Prime.

THANKS for the info mate!

Already listed overseas in the Supreme size class, which ROC Prime is already in. I would not be surprised if we saw this for Xmas or spring.

I loved to see him released before Christmas, but I think the release window is a little too ambitious. There really hasn't been too much said about him and there aren't any pics. so I'm guessing a Spring 2009 release.

huge and badass.

That's what SHE said :lol:

Sorry...back on topic now....I do believe that Hasbro totally has plans for an TFA Omega Supreme....it would be a huge seller....why would they not?!? Right!?! :huh:

Because it'd be another "giant, yet very simple toy full of lights and sounds that nobody really wants and is just a shelfwarmer". :p

IMHO, most $50 toys Hasbro makes are STILL only slightly better than Supreme Cheetor.

About Animated...

I'm in love with the line. I liked a lot Energon and Cybertron but never felt the need to own all the molds. Not the case with Animated. I want them all, even the repaints, something I normally don't do. They're loaded with personality and they have fun transformations on par with what was being offered in older lines (just look at deluxe Sentinel Prime for instance... brilliant execution). Even the little Activators and the Bumper Battlers are cool. The only weak figure imo is Voyager Megatron (don't care for the alternate mode much and the robot is a bit unbalanced). And I for one love Starscream, it reminds me a bit of the YF-19 or G1 Cyclonus. Looks a bit unfinished in jet mode, but hey, most TF jets do. And Bumblebee is full of awesome as well, great transformation and I don't mind the feet, I've seen much worse.

That said, I can't wait to get newer movie toys, the OTHER series I feel like getting all the figures from. I love complex and realistic figures.

Edited by Dr. Z

Yeah Animated is pure win. I love the show and the toys.

I am alot more picky with the Universe 2.0 line so far.

Man, I'm just the opposite. I still haven't gotten around to Lockdown, Oilslick, Snarlag, or Lugnut, and of those four I'm maybe considering Lugnut and Snarlag.

Meanwhile, I've collected all of the Universe toys that aren't Voyager repaints of Cybertron toys, except Acid Storm. I'll pick up Acid Storm when I can find two of him. Screw BotCon, screw Henkei, I'll paint my own Thundercracker.

Man, I'm just the opposite. I still haven't gotten around to Lockdown, Oilslick, Snarlag, or Lugnut, and of those four I'm maybe considering Lugnut and Snarlag.

Meanwhile, I've collected all of the Universe toys that aren't Voyager repaints of Cybertron toys, except Acid Storm. I'll pick up Acid Storm when I can find two of him. Screw BotCon, screw Henkei, I'll paint my own Thundercracker.

Oilslick and Lockdown are awesome. I love Snarlag but hes not too amazing. Lugnut kinda sucks,my bro got em and I wasnt impressed.

Im with ya on the Thundercracker tip too!

The Universe Classics series line is cool (minus the useless repaints from previous series), but it doesn't match the first Classics series when it comes to aesthetics or overall feel. Classics 2.0 are mostly movie toys minus the funky heads. I really like my Ironhide. Bad deco (I took care of that quickly with silver and black paint apps) but great mold.

Edited by Dr. Z

I like the proportions and paintjob and the Alternity....I'm just reluctant to get into the whole idea since I don't really play with or display my Binaltech/Alternators anymore. Maybe the smaller scale will land it a more permanent spot on my shelves.

Those last two pictures really make him look a lot like Prowl. Well now I know where this guy fits in my personal Transformers universe, (the comic book version of )Prowl Finally became the leader of the Autobots, and got rebuilt, taking on the name "GTR Prime". :D This guy looks really cool, and it looks like he has flip out blasters in the back of the seat, fun. I also love that his name is the same as my oldest son's initials "GTR". Now I have to figure out how to get a hold of one of these, darn it, need more money!

For those not in the know, TakaraTomy will also be releasing simultaneously with the Ultimate Metal Silver version of Alternity Convoy, a variant in Vibrant Red and presumably it will be in the classic Convoy/Prime red and blue in bot mode.

So Alternity is smaller than the Alternators? Aww. I saw the pictures and thought it might look great alongside my Alternators collection.

1:32 scale as opposed to the larger 1:24 of Binaltech. This figure will be just slightly larger than the Deluxe Concept Camaro Bumblebee toy from the movie.

MP TC has got to be the most weirdly-photographed TF ever. He's a different color in every pic we've ever seen--even one from the same guy in the same place with the same camera. They don't seem to have heard (or have the capability) of turning down the flash...

I still don't know what color he is. Though at least we can be pretty sure he's metallic.