Transformers Super Thread 7

Blitzwing is suppose to look like that.

In TFA he actually scans a seperate Jet and Tank but the jet already looks pretty bulky.

Now dont get me wrong it doesnt look as nice as the design E.J. Su did for the recent IDW Transformers comics but its fun.

Blitzwing is suppose to look like that.

In TFA he actually scans a seperate Jet and Tank but the jet already looks pretty bulky.

Now dont get me wrong it doesnt look as nice as the design E.J. Su did for the recent IDW Transformers comics but its fun.

Quoted for truth...

I dig Blitzwing no matter what. He's TIGHT!

:ph34r:

See one starts to get the feeling the writers watch a lot of macross. I do like when they do stuff like this though like when BB was leaking oil one episode and Bulkhead used his arm in alt mode to plug it up. Soon i am going to try and do cool stuff like that for poses. Like my favorite is have prowl leaning forward on his wheels while his feet are up in bot mode. Its a cool pose and directly out of the show but hard to balance at times.

Dude u hated starscream? seriously?

Why??

Mostly because of his arms and legs. I really don't like the flip-out guns on the arms or just the general shape and proportions of his arms. His legs are too close together, have a really wonky look to the thighs and just don't look good to me. Plus the fact that the legs fall off at the thighs without much provocation. And his fingers tend to fall off. And the automorph isn't very appealing to me (yeah, the Activators one has it, too).

I'd like to see Hasbro take another crack at the toy. Maybe they could do a deluxe version. :mellow:

I'd like to see Hasbro take another crack at the toy. Maybe they could do a deluxe version. :mellow:

The great Starscream can only be properly represented in the class that best describes his role!

No, not retard! That's not even a class! I obviously meant leader!

This message was approved by Starscream.

Okay, I did what you asked. Now can you PLEASE point the null-ray somewhere else?

THANK YOU.

Mostly because of his arms and legs. I really don't like the flip-out guns on the arms or just the general shape and proportions of his arms. His legs are too close together, have a really wonky look to the thighs and just don't look good to me. Plus the fact that the legs fall off at the thighs without much provocation. And his fingers tend to fall off. And the automorph isn't very appealing to me (yeah, the Activators one has it, too).

I hated Animated SS for all of the above reasons PLUS it looks horrible in jet mode from any angle except directly above. Mine was such shoddy quality I re-packed it and returned it to the store.

Sorry guys, I don't buy the "it's for kids" BS response. If Bulkhead and Prowl (which I own) can look great in vehicle mode, why can't the jet transformers look great in vehicle mode?

It's like Hasbro just phones in anything with a jet mode because they know people will buy it anyway. It only has to look like a jet on the top side so they just half-ass the rest of the design. :angry:

Edited by Grand Admiral

I hated Animated SS for all of the above reasons PLUS it looks horrible in jet mode from any angle except directly above. Mine was such shoddy quality I re-packed it and returned it to the store.

Sorry guys, I don't buy the "it's for kids" BS response. If Bulkhead and Prowl (which I own) can look great in vehicle mode, why can't the jet transformers look great in vehicle mode?

It's like Hasbro just phones in anything with a jet mode because they know people will buy it anyway. It only has to look like a jet on the top side so they just half-ass the rest of the design. :angry:

You know....I never thought you would be such a hater....I'm surprised....I cannot recall...do you own any of the TFA line? If not...then why hate it so much? If so...then...well...I don't know.

New pics of Voyager Animated Skywarp.

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w28334081

THANKS!!! Just saw those. I'm gonna get a custom made I think so I can have a different head sculpt.

Also...just found this!

S.A.R.I.

You know....I never thought you would be such a hater....I'm surprised....I cannot recall...do you own any of the TFA line? If not...then why hate it so much? If so...then...well...I don't know.

You didn't read my post, did you? I said I own Bulkhead and Prowl. I also said that if Hasbro can make Bulkhead and Prowl, which I OWN, look great in both modes, why can't they make SS look good in both modes?

I'm really getting tired of people throwing around the label "hater" as if it means something. I described my opinion of why I didn't like something and gave clear reasons for it, and all I get back is "Oh you're just a hater."

What I am NOT, is a "collector." I don't go buy every single thing Hasbro makes and thank them for it. I select the figures that I think look good... it's called "discretion", not "hater."

:rolleyes:

Edited by Grand Admiral

You didn't read my post, did you? I said I own Bulkhead and Prowl. I also said that if Hasbro can make Bulkhead and Prowl, which I OWN, look great in both modes, why can't they make SS look good in both modes?

I'm really getting tired of people throwing around the label "hater" as if it means something. I described my opinion of why I didn't like something and gave clear reasons for it, and all I get back is "Oh you're just a hater."

What I am NOT, is a "collector." I don't go buy every single thing Hasbro makes and thank them for it. I select the figures that I think look good... it's called "discretion", not "hater."

HA! I did read your post... :D ...but somehow...I must have missed that part of which you do own...my bad. ^_^ . Anyways...don't be so angry...I was just simply asking a question. If you don't/do like them...that's up to you.

relaxxxxxxxxx........muuuuuusaaaaaaaaaa.

I'll be in a better mood if you avoid using the "YER JUST A HATER" response to my clearly stated opinion. ^_^

I never said Yer :lol:

New magazine scan of Alternity Convoy feat. Nissan GT-R. Slated for Jan 09 release.

gtrconvoynu1.jpg

A part of me really wants to get him and stick him with my "Miscellaneous Primes" collection.

But the rational part of me (which may not get to make any purchasing decisions, but still...) has to ask, why Prime? Nissan alt-mode, silver paint, door wings, hood for chest... seriously, swap the head and call him Bluestreak/Silverstreak already.

Galvatron's one of the few characters that could really be well served by having an Ultra-class toy---he NEEDS lights and sounds! Him and Shockwave.

I totally concur! I would sooooo buy 2 of him if he were Ultra class. YOU HEAR ME HASBRO!

Just picked up TFA Leader Megatron. Only one way to describe him...

BAD A$$!!!

Pics to come. Finally my Decepticons have a worthy leader.

Managed to snap a few pics real quick. I must say...his transformation is another one for the score books. I dig it. I did'nt think I would...but...I like the lights and sounds. And he is quite sturdy in both modes. Being able to remove the cannon and switch arms is a nice touch. Also it's a pretty good size in comparison the the figure. Anyways....PICS!!!

08-22-2008-001.jpg

08-22-2008-002.jpg

08-22-2008-003.jpg

08-22-2008-004.jpg

08-22-2008-005.jpg

08-22-2008-006.jpg

Shake them haters off!

I'm not very impressed with Starscream myself. I don't absolutely despise him, but he's probably the least impressive of the Animated toys I have. Even worse since he's a voyager. Next to Grimlock and Prime, he's just all-around weak(though why Fire Truck Prime comes with what appears to be a Lazerbeak bootleg instead of a proper ax, I'll never know).

just picked up a dx and an activators bumblebee today...i like the activator better in both modes :/ the plastic seems cheap on the dx, and it's all multi-colored because half of it is molded in color and the other half is painted...really shoddy looking piece

I'm another one who doesn't like the animated Starscream toy. I have all animated released in the UK so far plus Grimlock and Lugnut with him and Bumblebee being the only ones I dislike.

Starscream to me is a nice figure but an absolute mess in jet mode, particularly from the side. Hasbro have made (Energon Starscream, combiner jets) and are even making some good TF jets now (see Marvel crossovers hate em or not) but Starscream seems to so often suffer a crappy jet mode that makes me keep it in bot mode.

I'm currently waiting to find Blitzwing who also has a crappy jet mode but at least he has an excuse!

Energon Starscream

I actually lost a lot of love for Energon Starscream, the mold it is derived from is far superior(g2 smokescreen....sleeker fighter mode, far superior range of motion in robot mode). From the side Energon Starscream looks terrible, the landing gear in the front is not long enough, so it suffers from the nose drooping down, and from the top, and sides, the vertical stabilizers are a joke. This is the same reason I think movie Starscream had a better F-22 mode.

I like Animated Starscream's jet mode, there are a lot of subtle homages to the 1/55 bandais, and even the DX 1/65 Fire Valkyrie toy.

For some reason I was unable to get on the MW this weekend....I ended up getting a couple more TFA figs and setting up a little battle seen. I will post the pics tonight.

As promised...a few quick pics of my "battle" setup. Autobots on one side...Decepticons on the other...with Nemisis Prime in the center of it all. :D

08-25-2008-001.jpg

08-25-2008-002.jpg

08-25-2008-003.jpg

I was going to snap a shot of my alt. mode battle above this one but the Autobots GREATLY outweight the Decepticons right now and I figured it would just be silly.

I'm another one who doesn't like the animated Starscream toy. I have all animated released in the UK so far plus Grimlock and Lugnut with him and Bumblebee being the only ones I dislike.

Starscream to me is a nice figure but an absolute mess in jet mode, particularly from the side. Hasbro have made (Energon Starscream, combiner jets) and are even making some good TF jets now (see Marvel crossovers hate em or not) but Starscream seems to so often suffer a crappy jet mode that makes me keep it in bot mode.

I've seen a couple people comment that Activator Starscream is better than the Voyager. I don't have the Voyager, but I do have the Activator and it's an excellent representation of the toon character. Bot mode is especially excellent because of all the range of motion allowed by the ball joints. Jet mode is a little weak because the hands are visible, but you can kind of forgive it because of the scale.

(only pic I have of him)

CIMG1163.jpg

I've seen a couple people comment that Activator Starscream is better than the Voyager. I don't have the Voyager, but I do have the Activator and it's an excellent representation of the toon character. Bot mode is especially excellent because of all the range of motion allowed by the ball joints. Jet mode is a little weak because the hands are visible, but you can kind of forgive it because of the scale.

(only pic I have of him)

Tis definetly a cool little guy. I was waiting to get the Activators cause I've heard that they would prob. be released w/a leader version figure eventually. I may still wait...but then again...I have 4 more leader figures to pick up eventually. I may not be able to wait. I will at least wait to get a good price on them. Not a $7 price.

EDIT------> Totally forgot to mention. I do like the fact that his arm blasters (sure there is a better name) look like the cartoon. I wish the Voyagers did and did not have stupid missiles.

Edited by misterryno

I have both voyager Starscream and the Activator. The Activator looks more cartoon like, since it has a painted canopy, and accurate null ray lasers. Both have automated transformations, but the Activator has the better one, since its more impressive, and not tricky to get into place, or actuate. I do like the voyager one better overall, because of the more detailed jet mode, and the articulation is better. The DX 1/55 and 1/65 Bandai macross homages are to my liking on the voyager. One thing I hate on the Activator is the short nose in fighter mode. The voyager has a long nose.

Wanted to ask a few days ago but the boards were down:

Does anyone want to split an Encore Thundercracker/Skywarp pack? I just want Thundercracker.

Sorry, David. I just want Thundercracker too.

I'm thinking about just buying two Acid Storms, though, and painting one myself.