Transformers Super Thread 7

... or maybe I'll just steal someone else's photos who's already shown it:

Original photos by Peaugh from TFW2005.com

0621081901.jpg

0621081904.jpg

0621081905.jpg

The folding groin(bot)/Neck(dino) piece should fold all the way up so that the pieces lock in, with the lower jaw going into the gap on the top piece, essentially the way the instructions say to put the pieces during the initial stages of transformation. You then have to ignore the fact that it says to disconnect them and swing it down again and have both it and the groin peg meet halfway.

If necessary I'll still take some more in-depth step-by-step photos when I get home.

Cool i will most definitely give it a try. I realize those instructions suck. I look at a lot of the figures and i am like hmm....there is stuff here that isn't mentioned that allows you to lock the figures in ther various modes and stuff. Gee don't you think that should be shown somewhere???

Ok, so so far:

Prowl - So kick ass! My fav of the line so far!

Bumblebee - He's ok, but I dont like the way his feet feel very seperate to his legs, and his arms dont pose very well. Overall, not to bad though.

Cybertron Prime - Again, he's ok, but doesnt hold well together in truck mode to me. i dont hate him, but i also dont see what all the fuss is about.

Voyager Bulkhead - Dammit, i should have got the leader one. He's cool n all, but WAY to damn small. Stupid, Scream!

Voyager Starscream - Wow, now HE is as awesome as everyone says! transform is auromatic, and cool. Both modes look great. If I could change anything it would be some sort of panel to close off the sides of the plane. but overall kickass!

Blackarachnia - She's not to bad, but a very very basic transform and no real interesting weapons let her down a bit.

Lockdown - He's overall pretty awesome, though the shoulders dont sit all that well. I keep thinking they shouldsit more square than they need too.

But universally my number one pet hate: No wrist swivels!!!!

Also, is there a bigger version of Lugnut coming? I dont understand why such a huge character is a delux!

Edited by Scream Man

Cybertron Prime - Again, he's ok, but doesnt hold well together in truck mode to me. i dont hate him, but i also dont see what all the fuss is about.

For me its his shoulder articulation combined with dual elbows and the ability to hold his axe with 2 hands. His posture and sculpt is accurate to his appearance in the pilot episode, and his tracks can be seen as a war within homage. Solid figure overall the shoulder joints on mine are very tight, which is a bonus to me. Better articulation than voyager Prime, voyager Prime cannot replicate the poses that deluxe Prime can do.

Voyager Bulkhead - Dammit, i should have got the leader one. He's cool n all, but WAY to damn small. Stupid, Scream!

In vehicle mode he is in scale to the other autobots, but with the Leader one...well in robot mode, he is just as tall as voyager prime...Honestly I like voyager and leader bulkheads about even. Leader has size going for him, voyager's got better gimmicks, and he can stand on one hand. Oh leader has a ton of ratchets too, ratchets rule.

Also, is there a bigger version of Lugnut coming? I dont understand why such a huge character is a delux!

He is a voyager actually, and in scale with voyager Bulkhead, I like it too, one of the rare jet transformers with a sleek underside, and nothing completely giving away the fact that it transforms in jet mode. Hasbro is seeing if demand is high enough for it. It probably is amongst us older fans but would kids want it? Who knows. I'm all for it if its significantly better than the voyager.

Voyagers are what...$15 US each?

$20

Owning two Ultras now, I have to repeat my earlier statement that Ultra is Voyager with irritating electronics and an extra $5 tacked on the price ($6 at TRU). Yeah, they are both taller than Jetfire, but they're close in size to Animated Voyager Megatron.

Significantly larger than voyagers and complex, not just taller. Powerglide's transformation is much more complex than Jetfire's very simple transformation. Much more complex than Leader Megatron from animated too.

It's giving me just what I want... better-articulated modern takes on the classic characters I grew up with. I mean, the Animated figures have been great. It's really impressive how Hasbro's managed to get toys that capture both the bot mode and alt mode with the stylistic elements of Animated. And Animated is probably the best of the Transformers cartoons. But Animated is still the cartoon I just started watching this year, and G1 Transformers were a HUGE part of my childhood

Agreed except I think Beast Wars is the best TF cartoon.

i dont understand why none of the versions out have his axe as it loooks in the animated series, but that's ok. holding out for Voyager Prime. Wish he had a trailer

Prime from the battle begins 2 pack has the accurate axe.

Got UM from BBTS last night. Man that's a sweet figure. My only complaint is that mine makes the 'transforming' sound about every time I move his shoulder. Not a big deal, but annoying enough that I'm considering removing the batteries. Great fig though. Probably the best Magnus ever. I think he might actually be able to deal with stuff.

Got UM from BBTS last night. Man that's a sweet figure. My only complaint is that mine makes the 'transforming' sound about every time I move his shoulder. Not a big deal, but annoying enough that I'm considering removing the batteries. Great fig though. Probably the best Magnus ever. I think he might actually be able to deal with stuff.

Woot Woot!!! I'll get mine today. I will remove those batteries right away more than likely. Thanks for the info...I CAN'T WAIT!!!

:ph34r:

Has anyone seen TFA Leader class UM at retail yet??

I haven't yet. I hope so soon....I need a 2nd for Alt. mode.

So I got my UM last night. He is pretty freakin sweet! His vehicle mode is super solid but when he is in robot mode his arms are not as solid as I would like them to be. One of the first things I did though was tool out the batteries cause the sounds were annoying.

Also...received word from HTS this morning that my order for TFA Blitzwing X 2 is on it's way. WOO HOO!!!

I grabbed a Ratchet yesterday, just in case a bigger one never comes. Hes a pretty sweet figure actually.

Just out of interest, am i the only one who is panel lining the animated stuff? They're the first TF's Ive bothered on, but it really kaes them stand out...

I grabbed a Ratchet yesterday, just in case a bigger one never comes. Hes a pretty sweet figure actually.

Just out of interest, am i the only one who is panel lining the animated stuff? They're the first TF's Ive bothered on, but it really kaes them stand out...

Ratchet is a pretty cool fig. I can't say that I had thought of panel lining them...can yuo take some pics of your work and post them here? I would like to see them fo sho.

You guys do know that just like the show that Lockdown's weapon fits on Ratchet's arm right? Another reason to buy Lockdown if you don't have him

yeah and the upcoming Blazing Lockdown has the chainsaw!

post-515-1218685956_thumb.jpg

still haven't fixed his damn hands by the look of it though

I read some where they said the hands are purposely designed that way....BOO!! :angry:

the hands are designed that way ?!?!? :angry:

who the hell's in charge of their design team? a monkey wearing an Optimus Prime helmet?

even with the charm of this line of toys, the hands just bring them down to "cheap kid's meal toy" level.

i bought the Lockdown and had to modify the hands too. it's nothing i can't handle, but it's something i shouldn't have to deal with.

from the box pics, the prototype looks like it had proper hands. what happened ? plus the fact that they can't hold anything...

that monkey in the Optimus helmet sure has his peons afraid of designing proper hands. <_<

Just picked up Silverbolt, and he's now my favorite Universe/Classics figure, easily. This guy not only looks like a G1 toy, he feels like one! The plastic is really good quality and reminds me of toys from the 80s. There's absolutely nothing on him that seems like it will wear out or break or require caution when handling. Not even the joints because they're all ratcheted with a loud satisfying 'click!' each time you move them. While ratchet joints can be a problem if they're spaced too far apart, Silverbolt's are just right and allow for a wide range of poses. He can go from looking like a straight-as-a-rod lifeless robot to a dynamically posed sentient being with some life and character. He's tall, like Chunky Monkey tall, and he comes with a nice big honkin' gun.

I completely understand that some people don't like the 'toy jet with a folded robot stored underneith' design, but I actually love that aspect of him. That kind of thing didn't bother me with G1 toys and it certainly doesn't bother me here. It actually lends him more nostalgic charm, which isn't something I require but is nice to get from time to time.

When I get some time I'm going to see how easy it is to remove the plane from his back so I can turn him into a sort of paratrooper robot guy that gets dropped from the plane directly into combat. :)

Edited by eriku

So I was looking for wave 4 and didn't find any but i decided to go and buy universe prowl and galvatron at target and noticed they had deep space starscream for like 5 dollars so i picked him up as well.

BBTS just posted a 20% off Sale... I almost never buy Vintage stuff from BBTs due to their prices, but with the sale I nabbed a pair of Micromaster Patrols and a good looking Sureshot w/ Spoilsport for great prices, giving me all three of the original mold large TMs now, and some MM's to go with Dai Atlas and a Sky Garry I might get... also paid for a Star Saber with everything but the blade in absolutely gorgeous condition! Got a really funky KO Brainstorm with a working KO head with a modified sculpt... neat little fig, might repaint it as a body for a JP Headmaster Warrior if I ever get one.

BBTS just posted a 20% off Sale... I almost never buy Vintage stuff from BBTs due to their prices, but with the sale I nabbed a pair of Micromaster Patrols and a good looking Sureshot w/ Spoilsport for great prices, giving me all three of the original mold large TMs now, and some MM's to go with Dai Atlas and a Sky Garry I might get... also paid for a Star Saber with everything but the blade in absolutely gorgeous condition! Got a really funky KO Brainstorm with a working KO head with a modified sculpt... neat little fig, might repaint it as a body for a JP Headmaster Warrior if I ever get one.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have to go see if they have anything I'm looking for.

yeah and the upcoming Blazing Lockdown has the chainsaw!

post-515-1218685956_thumb.jpg

That's cool but I sure the hell won't be buying any redecos. If someone wants to sell me a chainsaw when they get that fig that would be the bomb.

Just picked up Silverbolt, and he's now my favorite Universe/Classics figure, easily. This guy not only looks like a G1 toy, he feels like one! The plastic is really good quality and reminds me of toys from the 80s. There's absolutely nothing on him that seems like it will wear out or break or require caution when handling. Not even the joints because they're all ratcheted with a loud satisfying 'click!' each time you move them. While ratchet joints can be a problem if they're spaced too far apart, Silverbolt's are just right and allow for a wide range of poses. He can go from looking like a straight-as-a-rod lifeless robot to a dynamically posed sentient being with some life and character. He's tall, like Chunky Monkey tall, and he comes with a nice big honkin' gun.

When I saw Peaugh's video review, I heard the loud clicks of the ratchet and had orgasms in my ear. Damn I love ratchets. True sign of high quality. Take note Toynami.

I swung by Target last night. They've had the space on the shelf for Universe Ultra figures for like three weeks now, but they have it stocked with the Cybertron repaint Voyagers. <_<

I went to Best Buy to pick up a Harmony One remote (best remote EVER), and since Toys R' Us is right next to it, I of course stopped in. I finally got Onslaught, although no Galvatrons yet.

Onslaught has instantly become my favorite Ultra. Transformation's good, poseability is good, and he's got enough nods to his G1 cartoon self while being fresh (unlike Powerglide, who looks like Powerglide's head on another Transformer's body). I only have two complaints:

1.) The peg that holds the front part of his leg-flap in place keeps popping out, but only on his left one. I have a feeling that problem might be unique to mine.

2.) His riot shield doesn't stay in place at all in either mode. In bot mode, it's way too lose to stay pegged onto his arm. It alt mode, the opposite problem. It won't stay pegged on because it keeps popping right back out. I consider this to be sort of a minor complaint. The only reason he'd have a shield is if it was a necessary part of his alt mode, which it's not. In fact, the shield covers a lot of detail, like a spotlight, molded onto the roof.

All-in-all, if you're into Classics/Universe, Onslaught is a must. Even with his flaws, he's one of the best Decepticon figures to date.

Yours isn't an anomoly, most people have those same problems with the leg and shield, or variations therof. On mine the shield is tight in both modes and stays on fine, but the legs are F'd. Most people just have a left leg that wont stay together, but on mine it's both. I push the pegs in and they just slide right out the second I move the toy. It's a horrible design for pegging the legs together, but the rest of Onslaught is so damn good that the legs don't make me hate the toy. He's second only to Silverbolt to me, but more people will understandably enjoy Onslaught more than Silverbolt.

One thing that bugs me a little about Onslaught is his tilted head. They sculpted it in a 'looking down' position for some reason. Maybe it was to give him some angst. :D

:EDIT:

I just looked at Silverbolt again and he has a downward facing head, too - but it's more slight. And my Tankor has a head that faces upward, although that's because the sliding mechanism is junk.

I swung by Target last night. They've had the space on the shelf for Universe Ultra figures for like three weeks now, but they have it stocked with the Cybertron repaint Voyagers. <_<

I went to Best Buy to pick up a Harmony One remote (best remote EVER), and since Toys R' Us is right next to it, I of course stopped in. I finally got Onslaught, although no Galvatrons yet.

Onslaught has instantly become my favorite Ultra. Transformation's good, poseability is good, and he's got enough nods to his G1 cartoon self while being fresh (unlike Powerglide, who looks like Powerglide's head on another Transformer's body). I only have two complaints:

1.) The peg that holds the front part of his leg-flap in place keeps popping out, but only on his left one. I have a feeling that problem might be unique to mine.

2.) His riot shield doesn't stay in place at all in either mode. In bot mode, it's way too lose to stay pegged onto his arm. It alt mode, the opposite problem. It won't stay pegged on because it keeps popping right back out. I consider this to be sort of a minor complaint. The only reason he'd have a shield is if it was a necessary part of his alt mode, which it's not. In fact, the shield covers a lot of detail, like a spotlight, molded onto the roof.

All-in-all, if you're into Classics/Universe, Onslaught is a must. Even with his flaws, he's one of the best Decepticon figures to date.

Edited by eriku

Yours isn't an anomoly, most people have those same problems with the leg and shield, or variations therof. On mine the shield is tight in both modes and stays on fine, but the legs are F'd. Most people just have a left leg that wont stay together, but on mine it's both. I push the pegs in and they just slide right out the second I move the toy. It's a horrible design for pegging the legs together, but the rest of Onslaught is so damn good that the legs don't make me hate the toy. He's second only to Silverbolt to me, but more people will understandably enjoy Onslaught more than Silverbolt.

One thing that bugs me a little about Onslaught is his tilted head. They sculpted it in a 'looking down' position for some reason. Maybe it was to give him some angst. :D

:EDIT:

I just looked at Silverbolt again and he has a downward facing head, too - but it's more slight. And my Tankor has a head that faces upward, although that's because the sliding mechanism is junk.

You know, for as basic as Silverbolt's transformation is, and for as much robot kibble is on his alt mode and/or plane kibble on his back in bot mode, I really like him a lot too.

As for them looking sorta downward, maybe it's because they're so much bigger than the rest of the figures?

EDIT: Doesn't help Silverbolt, but Onslaught's view can be leveled a bit. Push his legs back, then pull his lower legs forward at the knees so he stands with his pelvis thrust forward a bit. His torso will be angled a bit. I put his arms rotated slightly forward and angled to his torso so that they're perpendicular to the ground. It's one of the least action-y poses I have a Transformer standing in, but so perfectly bad-ass that it suits him. Kinda like, he's not in action yet, but when he does the crap will hit the fans for the Autobots on that shelf.

Edited by mikeszekely

EDIT: Doesn't help Silverbolt, but Onslaught's view can be leveled a bit. Push his legs back, then pull his lower legs forward at the knees so he stands with his pelvis thrust forward a bit. His torso will be angled a bit. I put his arms rotated slightly forward and angled to his torso so that they're perpendicular to the ground. It's one of the least action-y poses I have a Transformer standing in, but so perfectly bad-ass that it suits him. Kinda like, he's not in action yet, but when he does the crap will hit the fans for the Autobots on that shelf.

I'll give that a try, it sounds like a good pose for Onslaught. One of the things I like so much about him is how he conveys so much bad-assery even in neutral or relaxed poses.

I've been reading that recent batches of Onslaught don't seem to have the leg problems so maybe I'll pick up another one down the road.