Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Tomahawk

eyesonme78

1/60 Tomahawk! Get it or leave it?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Get it?

• Yes i will get it!
    • Nah.. i think i just skip it.
    • I will wait for review... before i decide..

Nice pic, but I'll be waiting to see something more substantial before I splurge on this guy. It is my fave Destroid, but I want to wait and see what details the figure includes (opening missile pods, recoiling arm cannons, etc).

I'm sure it'll be packed with detail. Just like the 1/48 and current 1/60 line. I do hope there's a pilot for it though. I cant wait to see the Phalanx.

Crap, it looks good. :(

Can't say i'd get a Phalanx (long range missile destroid).

Urm, a Spartan i'd might get too. Atleast Hikaru gets in one! :D

sigh, whats the Jap term for the Radar X? *dodges stones* I'd possibly get that one too. Hmm, nah.

But the Tomohawk is deffinently the fav Destroid beside the Monster for mine.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'll take two. I'll take more but I'm basically out of room to display such large toys.

It's very impressive that their initial display prototype is already so good. Kudos to Yamato on this. I've waited so long to see a big-sized Tomahawk, and Yamato has delivered something worthwhile -- at least for now.

Graham: Please convey my thanks to Yamato, and ask them to hurry up with it. :p

With the commonality in the legs, it's almost inevitable that the Defender and the Phalanx would come out. I probably will get one of each. As for the Spartan, it depends -- there's not much reusable parts between it and the other Destroids.

You know, I was (foolishly) thinking last night that I may not want this after all. I got out my old Matchbox Destroids (which appear to be roughly 1/60 scale), and was shocked at how decent they still look (though plasticky). I was about to free myself up some funds...and then I just saw these pics.

Well, those old Robotech toys are going back in the basement. Make mine Yamato! B))

from the looks of it, its got some really cool features, lets just hope the asking price of the destroids is within reason.

yeah, I'm glad that they're packing the features in on this one... and who knows, with bandai in the macross game, maybe yamato will bring their prices down.

yeah, I'm glad that they're packing the features in on this one... and who knows, with bandai in the macross game, maybe yamato will bring their prices down.

i really hope you're right. i'm sold on these but not if they're asking price exceeds $50.

the PT 1/60 valk is around $90-ish and it transforms and has a lot of features. this is smaller, has a lot of features but doesn't transform so i expect the price to reflect it. if yamato is going to charge the same price as their TFing toys, i really have no interest in it.

Super Dee Duper!

I am very excited about these, I really hope this is the gateway to the whole line of destroids including the 1/60 Monster!!! Mmmm, I don't care if it is the size of a coffee table I will obtain it! MUHAHAHAHA! Maybe even more enemy mechs. :ph34r:

Picture repost for those at work.

macross-2.jpg

Edited by Spiff

SaveRT's new pictures look incredible. It doesn't look like the missles can be individually removed, a la the 1/48 toys, sadly. Maybe that'll get changed down the line. But it's totally spot on to the line art and the art on those old Macross model box covers-- which I was starting to wonder was even possible in an actual 3D toy. Hmm, wonder if the hip grenade box thingys open. This just might end up being my favorite or second favorite Macross toy. I'm such a sucker for nostalgic accuracy to the original art.

i told myself i'd never buy 1/60 destroids. i told myself, with so many 1/60 variable toys, why bother with non-variable toys at that price? then i saw the pics...

damn... why did it have to look so good?

Photos from Winter Wonder Festival 2008, thanks to MWer: SaveRobotech.

Graham

I know that it might be a little too early to ask this but is there any word about what colors Yamato is thinking of using for the 'hawk? Tan, green, low viz (because they've never done that before).

OH YES!! Finally something better than those ancient barely posable Exo Squad versions. My Battletech dreams are coming true! :lol:

Now let's hope they make the Spartan/Gladiator/Archer and the Defender/Radar X/Rifleman. Not so keen on the Phalanx myself.

Vostok 7