Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Tomahawk

eyesonme78

1/60 Tomahawk! Get it or leave it?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Get it?

• Yes i will get it!
    • Nah.. i think i just skip it.
    • I will wait for review... before i decide..

You've got to be kidding! OK who's going to wonderfestival, I really don't want to pay $500.00 for it on Ebay. :angry:

yeah, it'd be a shame if this were a wonderfestival exclusive. This looks like a great way to send the 1/48 off... I'd be sad if it weren't made available to fans everywhere.

I am excited about these too. I have not voted yet because I want to see how they plan on painting this. If the Tomahawk is weathered then I will probably pick one up. I love that 1/200 YF-19, and the weathered 1/48 roy looks nice but I want to see a closer up version. If it is tampoed with FP and does not smear then I am in for one of them too. Definitely a very exciting time to be a macross fan!

I suspect that this Tomahawk will NOT be weathered. Disappointing as I may sound, but it will look like coloured plastic. Remember the 1/60 Queadluun Rau?

Anyhow, I will still get this Tomahawk, for it will look real nice next to my future acquisitions of perfect transformation Valkyries. Plus, the other Destroids will be coming too.

Edited by LeDudeModele

GAAAAAHHHH!!!!!! IS THE WEATHERED 1/48 FOCKER WF EXCLUSIVE OR ISN'T IT!!!??? THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!

Calm down, it is NOT a Wonder Festival exclusive.

According to this link, Yamato is selling this weathered VF-1S as an advance release at a special price (17800 yen) and with a limited quantity, especially for the "25th Anniversary Macross Museum" (East 2 Hall E Block K, if you are going to WonFes) at Wonder Festival 2008 [Winter].

I would expect the general release to be a little pricier than 17800 yen.

Also according to the same link, Yamato will be displaying at their booth the following:

Macross Series:

Macross Plus 1/60 Perfect Transformation YF-21 (Expected Release Date: April 2008)

Macross DYRL 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-1S Roy Focker (ERD: September 2008)

Macross DYRL 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (ERD: September 2008)

Macross DYRL 1/60 Strike and Super Pack for Perfect Transformation VF-1 (ERD: September 2008)

1/200 Variable Fighters Collection Series 1 (ERD: April 2008)

GN-U (Dou) Series:

#001 Macross Plus YF-19 Battroid (Expected Release Date: May 2008)

#002 Macross Plus YF-21 Battroid (ERD: May 2008)

#003 Macross Plus VF-11B Battroid (ERD: May 2008)

and many other non-Macross items...

LeDudeModele

Edited by LeDudeModele

Who cares about the VF-1S! =P I've had more than enough of that jet, years ago. Bring on the destroids! Hopefully this is a prelude of things to come.. (Variable)Glaugs and Regults, anyone? OH YES.

It's. About. Time.

Edited by OmegaD3k

lol internet has been down, now i see this...

HOLY CRAP THIS WAS OUT OF THE BLUE. Where will i get all the money for 1/60 line of destroids???????? :lol: f'n hell.

Guess the 1/60 Monster will be back on then huh?

I voted reviews, coz i wanna know how poseable she will be. Atleast we will know we'll get a pilot figure and detailed canopy, will have the room for it! :D

Gotta say i don't care about the weathered VF-1S... no more 1/48's! I've done my dash, bring out a weathered 1/60 version and i'll bite.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Thanks to kresphy!!

I think this is what we'll get...

tomahawkue1.jpg

I think thats the Banda kit reissue only because it's standing next to the SDF-1 kit. I suspect there's no colored version of the Yamato just yet... could be wrong.

The 1/60 destroids should be comparable to the big ones Matchbox released. I did a scale conversion a while back and it turned out to be pretty close. A 1/48 Tomahawk should be as tall as the valkyrie if you measure it to the top of the missile box.

size wise I think a destroid is roughly the size of a VF-1 Battroid, maybe a hair shorter, but also much thicker.

Id say...between 70-100 USD?

Boo, to you kind sir.

But being that this little gem will be non-transformable and basic. I'd really venture and lean more towards 75-80.