Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Tomahawk

eyesonme78

1/60 Tomahawk! Get it or leave it?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Get it?

• Yes i will get it!
    • Nah.. i think i just skip it.
    • I will wait for review... before i decide..

I'm most excited about the weathered (and Tampo-printed, I assume) 1/48.

Not really sure what this Destroid is all of you are yapping about. All I see is a WHM-6R Wharhammer with two PPCs, an SRM6, 2 Medium Lasers, 2 Small Lasers, and 2 Machine Guns. It's only got 18 heatsinks though to cool all that firepower output, so it's prone to over-heating. Oh, and shoot for the legs.

H

Whao, didn't see that coming. Too many products on that page .... too many different scales ... too much temptations ... my head exploding ... Ahhrrgg.

Weathering their toys is a scary option, because they can decide to do that to all of their toys! Hope they don't milk the 1/48 molds by weathering every single 1/48 valk ... just stick to the 1/60 scale.

Not really sure what this Destroid is all of you are yapping about. All I see is a WHM-6R Wharhammer with two PPCs, an SRM6, 2 Medium Lasers, 2 Small Lasers, and 2 Machine Guns. It's only got 18 heatsinks though to cool all that firepower output, so it's prone to over-heating. Oh, and shoot for the legs.

H

Aye, and what we need next are Rifleman(s), Marauders and Wasps... waitamin, don't we already have wasps? :p

This is where Battletech got their original images. I think this ir really cool for both the Macross fans out there and the battletech fans.

wasp

Holy Toledo!!

I'd buy everything else but those 1/200 figures. If they can make then in 1/200, wouldn't you think, it would only be a matter of time before they produce these in 1/60 Variable Goodness?

That 1/60 Tomahawk looks fantastic. And what's this? No "artistic freedom." The blockiness makes it appear perfect for what's intended, heavy ground pounding artilery destroyers.

1/48 VF-1S with "weathering", perfect for Roy's final battle. Personally I never was into the grey version of Roy's VF-1S. Hope it comes with matching Strike and Fast Parts.

This is where Battletech got their original images. I think this ir really cool for both the Macross fans out there and the battletech fans.

wasp

I think Hurin's sarcasm maybe undetectable due to his lack of funny bone. :wacko:

Just notice two things:

1. The head has been weathered after assemly, and shows of a nasty seen line down the middle.

2. The stickers (or tampo printing) are crossed by panel lining. Just look at the Macross kite on the fuselage.

Either way, I'm still getting them. Hopefully they come out this good.

Just notice two things:

1. The head has been weathered after assemly, and shows of a nasty seen line down the middle.

2. The stickers (or tampo printing) are crossed by panel lining. Just look at the Macross kite on the fuselage.

Either way, I'm still getting them. Hopefully they come out this good.

What images are you looking at? The ones posted by Two-Ducks don't show any discernable weathering. That's the line that's always been there. . . and I think that's an announcement for a March non-weathered re-release.

H

I only wish the Warhammer was in the same scale as the weathered Wasp they've got there.

Man, that Tomahawk is nearly lineart perfect. It seriously exudes classical 3/4's view line-artyness. It just "feels" so right. I only lament that it's not a 1/48.

I'm not sure about the weathered 1/48 though. It sort of exhibits the standard slightly tacky in-your-face over-weatheredness that seems oh so popular. Restraint, people. That said, it's still tempting.

Umm.. shouldn't the stickers, decals, tampo printing have the panel lines over the top, looks more realistic and I haven't seen a plane yet that had panel lines removed where and insignia went. One of the biggest loosing factors in model comps, seen so many nice models loose comps due to the fact that the panel line suddenly stops at a decal and then reappears on the other side of the decal.

I can't wait for these, the little 1/200's look great, perfect little desk top models, no excuse for not having a macross item on your desk at work now. The only valk I'll most likely pass on is the 1/200 VFX-2 valk, not really interested in the computer game stuff.

I had actually decided in the last couple of days that I wasn't going to get the 1/60 PT Valks. This changes my mind. If there are going to be Destroids I'm much more likely to get the Valks and sell my 1/48's. If there's any enemy mecha ever my head will explode.