Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Ok. here we go.

This review will reflect the amount of time i've had so far to play with it. I haven't been able to do gerwalk as of yet. At work right now so Gerwalk review will come tomorrow.

First, the nit-picking. I want to get this out of the way because there is so much that;s great about this toy, I don't want to dwell on it too much.

The main issues i have with the 21 are as follows:

1) I can find no way of locking the torso in battroid mode so the fuselage just flaps there.

2) The feet ore visible in fighter mode.

2) The knee armor keeps popping off.

3) The antenna falls out easily. I will glue that on because I see losing it in the future.

4) The left hand does not do a great job of tightly hiding the gunpod.

#1 is no biggie as I'm more about the fighter mode anyways.

#2 I already knew about from the previous pictures, again, not a big deal to me.

#3 Also not a big deal, it doesn't sound like anything my hot glue gun can't fix. ;)

#4 -See my answer on #1.

Fighter mode being tight and staying that way even after multiple transformations is what I like to hear! It sounds like this is gonna be an awesome Valk and makes me glad that I've got one coming my way. :)

-Kyp

Alex,

THANKS for the review! I can't wait to get the dough to get one of these bad boys.

:ph34r:

#1 is no biggie as I'm more about the fighter mode anyways.

#2 I already knew about from the previous pictures, again, not a big deal to me.

#3 Also not a big deal, it doesn't sound like anything my hot glue gun can't fix. ;)

#4 -See my answer on #1.

Fighter mode being tight and staying that way even after multiple transformations is what I like to hear! It sounds like this is gonna be an awesome Valk and makes me glad that I've got one coming my way. :)

-Kyp

Me too, totally agree with you. I know many people here get upset about Battroid proportions on a lot of the releases but Macross has alwas been about Fighters that transform into robots, and a realistic looking fighter that can transform into a robot is whats important for me.

Chris

Got my shipping notice today! Now to find some shelf space for this beauty ... if there aren't any glaring QC issues with this release, I have a feeling this is going to be my centerpiece and pride and joy.

Well, until they release a massive Macross or something.

Hmm...if the torso doesn't lock into place that's enough reason for me to give this a pass. I thought it wouldn't bother me on the 19, but it did and I ended up getting rid of it because of that. Hopefully there's a trick or something to make it lock.

Hmm...if the torso doesn't lock into place that's enough reason for me to give this a pass. I thought it wouldn't bother me on the 19, but it did and I ended up getting rid of it because of that. Hopefully there's a trick or something to make it lock.

Won't have time to handle the production toy I brought until Friday night at the earliest.

However, the pre-production sample that I handled extensively had a hinged fold down locking bar to lock the torso together in battroid mode.

Graham

Why would they change that?!? It prob. does lock. Just needs some fiddlin done with it. I will still buy one eventually.

Yeah, it would be incredibly strange if they took that locking mechanism off the production model. It also doesn't seem like something Alex would miss...oh well. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Why would they change that?!? It prob. does lock. Just needs some fiddlin done with it. I will still buy one eventually.

Here's what I got out of that conversation:

alex was saying that the cockpit area of the plane doesn't seem to lock down. Graham misunderstood and pointed to the feature where the torso and the "backpack" lock together, then alex clarified that he knew about THAT locking mechanism already, but was referring to the cockpit component. So there's no "change" - they were just talking about two different things for a moment there.

So as it stands, it would appear that the cockpit doesn't "lock down".

Okay okay...I got it already :p . We'll just have to see if Alex figures something out to lock whatever part he is having diffaculty with.

Which is annoying----why keep making fighter mode "solid and more tight" with each release---if they still don't have the top half of the battroid locked at all? All the YF-19 needs is SOMETHING, just one little peg or hinge---and they don't give us that. But they seem to add more tabs and posts to fighter mode---why? The Sv-51 sorta holds together, but that's more due to pressure/tightness than any peg or lock.

Dear Yamato: LOCK THE CHEST DOWN IN BATTROID. Forget everything else until you do that.

This is a transforming toy we're paying $200 + dollars for.

I understand that people have a favorite mode but at that price, it better be functional and tight on all modes. If I just wanted fighter-mode, I'll make me a friggin model for less than 40 bucks.

Fortunately, I keep my valks in display 98% of the time, so I'm reminded less of the fact that the yf-19 doesnt lock in place in Battroid but if I handled it at all... It'd bug the crap out of me.

So yea, I definitely understand those who feel miffed...

It's also telling when of all people, "Fighter-mode-man" Dave is frustrated with it... :lol:

But in the same light as what eugimon said... It wouldn't be a yamato if it didnt have a couple "Duh!" retardations.

Thankfully, the retardations are getting milder and milder.

Edited by Nani?!

If it was a floppy mess the battroid wouldn't hold these poses (the fuselage would move foward).

I'm not worried at all wink.gif Let's wait till Graham or Alex clarify this "issue".

Not floppy in those poses due to gravity, but what about if you want to turn it to the side, or at an angle like when Isamu and Guld were dogfighting with their FAST packs on?

I just checked my HLJ orders, and it's on the way!!! As of two days ago. So, hopefully by this friday or Saturday, it'll be here. Time to get out the welcome home signs. :lol:

I just checked my HLJ orders, and it's on the way!!! As of two days ago. So, hopefully by this friday or Saturday, it'll be here. Time to get out the welcome home signs. :lol:

Lucky. Mine would be on its way but apparently my bank has some sort of restriction on non-USA vendors. So I'm having to switch over to PayPal for my payment option.

Hopefully, they'll get that straightened out with me tomorrow, but I suppose it may not ship until next week, so it won't be here for TWO WEEKS!

Woe is me - Surely no human being alive today faces a bigger conundrum than I! I mean, except for 99.99% of them.

<Perspective Restored>

1) I can find no way of locking the torso in battroid mode so the fuselage just flaps there.

This sounds bad....and i dun get what some ppl mentioned that its different from what Graham said.

Even the 1/72s had a locking torso.....

Man, I didn't think the feet showing in fighter mode would bother me, but now that I've seen a pic of it, I'm underwhelmed. I can't believe they couldn't design a folding flap or something to hide the feet. It just looks out of place on an otherwise killer looking fighter mode. Oh well. A friend of mine is getting one from Kevin. I'll have to see it first-hand to see how bad I want this now.

Ok. I found a way to lock the torso. It's a little half-arsed and I see it getting looser over time, but it's there.

Basically the locking mechanism is at the very top of the torso. There are two tiny nub-lets on the intakes. these friction-lock the very top of the fuselage where it splits to form the cowl.

Edited by Alex