Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

My post was more "an informative FYI to all members of MW egarding YF-21's" than directly responding to you. Delimiter vs limbless has come up a lot the past few months (and usually in the wrong way).

So what should we call it then to be polictically correct?

Limbless mode? you can keep that.

I just like to use Guld's quote "de-limiter mode" as it's name, just sounds coool.

I just like to use Guld's quote "de-limiter mode" as it's name, just sounds coool.

I would use something like "ejected limbs" or something. Since "de-limiter mode" is invisible. (Well, it does make the main display in the cockpit have those bars go all the way to 11...)

I think the proper name would be "Battle damaged Gould", am I right.

I always thought Guld jettisoned the limbs from the 21 to decrease drag/weight. That Ghost was pretty damn finnicky.

Everything-but-the-robot-parts-mode or:

The-anime-accurate-appearance-when-Guld-goes-badass-turns off the limiter-and-kamikaze's-the-god-damn-Ghost-Drone-prior-to-showing-him-dead-mode.

Yep, the latter sounds good.

I want some vinyl early ghost drones for this thing to blow up, like in the first 2 episodes of the OVA, when Guld tests it out in combat and smiles in the process.

Hey ya we need more Ghosts all we have are the ones from Zero right? Maybe Yamato will do a Ghost pack AFTER the 1/60 Monster is unleshed on us. <_<

Would appreciate it if somebody could list out the ratchet joints on the toy. Don't have mine with me now.

Graham

Who's doing the review, you or us you slacker!!!! :lol: I'd do it for today's public holiday if I had the toy.

I'd dare someone to paint their QF-2200D Ghost red and use it as a proxy Ghost. That would be awesome!

I would use something like "ejected limbs" or something. Since "de-limiter mode" is invisible. (Well, it does make the main display in the cockpit have those bars go all the way to 11...)

*throws hand in the air* i'll think of something cool later. At the moment i can only think of bad ass slang to express it's bad assness of Guld's terrible situation leading up to the Ghost kamikazi.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

anyone else thinks its funny BOB went quiet once we realised there were essentially no design issues or QC issues with the toy?

lol all i want to know is will he get 1st edition! :D

Good on ya BoB i like to think your bitching has made Yamato a little wiser atleast, express your love for the best yamato release to date! :p

Conclusion

Yamato have really hit a home run with this toy. Only the most anal of nit-pickers could really find much to fault with it.

BoB's not anal. :unsure:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm with BOB.

I'm sticking to my personal NO 1ST RUNS BY YAMATO rule, purely for my own peace of mind. That said, bring on the positive reports if you've got 'em! :-)

They've already sold out, and will be making a second run sometime this month if I remember right.

-Kyp

What stand was used for the YF-21 reviews? I must have been living in a cave to miss that. Great review, I cant wait to get mine from Kevin.

The stand that comes with the toy is the same as the one that came with the SV-51, but it's made of semi-clear plastic.

Good review Graham. I don't agree on Yamato being superior to Takara or Bandai, but Yamato still make exciting high-end toys, that's a fact. Can't wait to get mine now (and the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru I ordered the same day :)).

Got mine from HLJ/EMS today. Forgot I had ordered it. Secretary up front says "you have a package." I'm like eh? :wtf: I know what I'm doing for lunch. :D :D :D