Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Actually it's out end of May, not June - it's coming...

at least that's what I'm hearing :)

could be wrong.

Won't have it until December anyways for all intents and purposes so whatever :)

VFTF1

My gawd that looks amazing. The flat finish looks much better, I think.

Just added a Revoltech '21 (to action pose next to this beaut in fighter mode) and a pair of Regults to my open orders at HLJ ... hoping they can squeeze these all into the same shipment. Don't really have the money for any of this, but I've waited so long for this I'm willing to sacrifice. :(

So I wonder what color variants we're going to see next? Surely they aren't going to toss the mold after just a few runs of this scheme. If a VF-22 variant is out of the question, maybe a low-vis version could work. _If_ handled right, anyway (wasn't too wild about any of the 1/48 low viz other than the first). I'd really like to see more realistic paint schemes, but I guess hero schemes and well known variants are the safer investment for Yamato.

lol it's amazing how small they are compared to more recent valks in the macross canon. i guess when they saw the size of enemy mecha they went bigger. I remember seeing miriya's vf-1j being rescued by basara's vf-19 and thinking that it was tiny. Well unfortunately i will eat my words a get a few vf-1 1/60 version for scale sake though i still love the 1/48. I love big toys. I wish i had the funds for a first release yf-21 but i never got my stimilus so that means it is going to be mailed to me on june 20th. i hope i can still procure one without having to pay a huge price from folks. I want one so bad. I need to have some dynamic isamu vs guld poses going on. I really want two one for fighter the other for battroid but i only have on 19 at the moment and the balance in my display would be off.

lol it's amazing how small they are compared to more recent valks in the macross canon. i guess when they saw the size of enemy mecha they went bigger. I remember seeing miriya's vf-1j being rescued by basara's vf-19 and thinking that it was tiny. Well unfortunately i will eat my words a get a few vf-1 1/60 version for scale sake though i still love the 1/48. I love big toys. I wish i had the funds for a first release yf-21 but i never got my stimilus so that means it is going to be mailed to me on june 20th. i hope i can still procure one without having to pay a huge price from folks. I want one so bad. I need to have some dynamic isamu vs guld poses going on. I really want two one for fighter the other for battroid but i only have on 19 at the moment and the balance in my display would be off.

I do concur mate. I love big toys too. I'm wondering how the YF-21 will stack up against the 1/48 VF-1. In those pics they show a person holding it and it looks to be a good size but who knows really. I mean...they coulda looked at that guys hands and said "well.....they look to be average size" But really....how big is it?

:ph34r:

Well Nora is bloody huge, you like em big go get HER!

REALLY!?! Can you snap a pic of here next to a 1/48 VF-1 for me in Battroid and Fighter modes and post them in the Macross Pose thread? I would love that!

On an off topic.....I went to the first page of this thread just now and noticed that G-Man has the first post (of course he does cause he started this thread...anywayssss...) his new "title" says Sheryl's Panties...YUM! I must agree she is HOT but Nanase's Panties must be MUCHO BETTER!

EDIT----> After thinking about it Nanase is a closet freak fo sure and does'nt wear panties more than likely :D

Edited by misterryno

I do concur mate. I love big toys too. I'm wondering how the YF-21 will stack up against the 1/48 VF-1. In those pics they show a person holding it and it looks to be a good size but who knows really. I mean...they coulda looked at that guys hands and said "well.....they look to be average size" But really....how big is it?

According to the M3, it is bigger than the VF-0. The 1/60 VF-0 is about the same size as the VF-1 1/48, so this should be slightly bigger (longer in F mode) than a 1/48 and the 1/60 YF-19.

this is the best looking plane ever, no questions on that. The robot mode though, i want more pictures, with the feets being straigth (not bent knees) and facing straight, with the fps on, as well as the air intake part on chest being open. Hope people who are getting this shortly will take those pictures for us. If this turns out to be great, then i can certainly understand why some people are buying two, cause the is just no way one would keep it in robot mode when the plane mode is the best looking plane ever, and thus to have it in robot mode, a second one is needed ;).