Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Whoa momma! Finally a picture of a very correct looking fighter mode with all the landing gear deployed and the back portion of fighter mode transformed correctly. We need bigger pictures. Keep refining Bandai. Good work so far.

Hmmm, is the front landing gear in the right position cuz it looks like its too near the nosecone.

Hmmm, is the front landing gear in the right position cuz it looks like its too near the nosecone.

It is the right position. You can see it the front gear in the opening song, right before the Cathy/Ozma part. Anther clear view is in ep 14, when Ozma stand in front of his VF-25.

Edited by CF18

Have we seen the belly of fighter mode yet? Because I found a scan showing it, but don't know if it's a "previously unseen" one or not.

Also, "directly from the front, but from well above" view of battroid.

Have we seen the belly of fighter mode yet? Because I found a scan showing it, but don't know if it's a "previously unseen" one or not.

Also, "directly from the front, but from well above" view of battroid.

I'm not sure... you can go ahead and post it though, never hurts.

Here they are, just in case they're "new":

Ah yeah, I have seen them before but only once. They are good pics though so it wasn't a waste of time.

They should use ratchets for those. Assuming that they can make them that small.

It would have to be wouldn't it? Getting 3 modes to look good and anime correct.

But let's not give them that excuse to settle for less when they should strive to get the best result/s.

I like how it looks so far. Bandai are putting a lot of effort into it. Is this the most complex transforming toy bandai has ever made?

I really wish people would stop thinking that Bandai has never made complex transforming toys, or that Macross designs are inherently more complicated than other designs... :rolleyes:

I asked that as a question as I don't buy lots of toys. No need to get offended.

Well is it? What's the most complex TF toy? I genuinely don't know.

It's hard to say without handling one. Bandai's Gunbuster and Aquarion toys are really complex, and it's hard to imagine this being more complex than those but until someone holds one and transforms it we are left to guess. The truth is Bandai does have years of experience making transforming toys, and making them stellar. Of course they are able to screw up just like any other company, but typically their quality and attention to detail with their high-end toys are something you can bank on. With the spendy stuff Bandai doesn't f*** around. :)

Edited by eriku

It's hard to say without handling one. Bandai's Gunbuster and Aquarion toys are really complex, and it's hard to imagine this being more complex than those but until someone holds one and transforms it we are left to guess. The truth is Bandai does have years of experience making transforming toys, and making them stellar. Of course they are able to screw up just like any other company, but typically their quality and attention to detail with their high-end toys are something you can bank on. With the spendy stuff Bandai doesn't f*** around. :)

I reckon Aquarion is probably the most complex transforming toy they made and one that was the most accurate (the SOC Gunbuster has far too many extra appendages). The is is because the mecha in the anime was CG rendered, so the model and proportions already existed in a consistent format for Bandai to rework into something tangible. This is a similar situation to what we have with Frontier as well.

The only real issue with Aquarion was that it just couldn't stand up under its own weight. That was more the fault of the design really, as it was very much top heavy.

and for the record Bandai have done a tremendous job on transforming toy-line,

example SOC Voltes V and Combatler V note that these super robot didn't came from a CG design, although its not that perfect, they made a remarkable job to make the figure/expensive toy as anime accurate as posible. Not only that they also did a great job on combining and transforming Zords.

Sorry for being optimistic, but do you think Yamato did a great job on molding on their pilots...Yes its not that perfect nor highly detailed but still we accept it because we bought it for Mecha not the pilot. As far as detail concern I really have strong faith in Bandai's tech. Have you seen 1/100 Amuro compared with 1/60 Yamato Macross pilots. Amuro's 1/100 is detailed you'll have problem painting it and they have the posibility of making a human figure as small as 1/144.(saw this in youtube on a Japanese show presenting bandai factory)

I'm not saying that Bandai is that perfect. All I wanted to say in that we see to much wrong on the figure but we can't even notice their effort

PEACEOUT ^_^

Ditto! Will they present the final release versions, or the still somewhat-prototype-ish-before-release versions?

Article says it will present a prototype at the event.

Interestingly the article says it will also show "that other product" shown/hinted in previous events. No idea what it could be.

Or even better a thunder sword..................................... OVERKILL! heaps of things Mr K can do to max out the valks to take on those Gundamers.

You mean the radiant sword from Radiant Silvergun?

But that would be cool, Macross taking que from shmups.

You mean the radiant sword from Radiant Silvergun?

But that would be cool, Macross taking que from shmups.

Noo, Thunder Sword or whatever it's called, in the Thunder Force 4 game.

It's an add on where you've just taken out a semi-boss, and then the music cranks with 'outstanding' genesis electric guitar music (lol) and another 3 ships come along and fly in formation and drop off the thunder

sword parts and it then connects with your Rynex. It's basically a big arse energy beam that has short range and it vaporizes anything apart from a full boss's health bar. Good memories.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie