Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

I'm definitely leaning towards the Megahouse (it'll be a cold day in hell before I buy another Toynami product) but I'd really like to get a look at this vaporware Beagle version before I do any pre-ordering. Sure Megahouse's bike mode looks a bit small, but the tradeoff is a kickass armor mode.

Someone should find & post a picture of a decent Imai Ride Armor. It seems to me that their take on it had better proportions than the Gakken rendition (and, by proxy, the Toynami.)

here you go! B)) this was a monogram CY-KILL repackage that i did up in the original yellow dancer color scheme.

post-7564-1205352920_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

I love disgustingly over designed transforming toys. But then again, I like playing with rubix cubes. I think there are people that just want a toy to stick on a shelf, make it look the way they want it to look, and then there are people that truly take great joy in the mechanical complexity of a transforming toy. I am definitly one of the latter.

hear, hear!!

Well I got mine today. I love it even though I broke it already. Alittle JB and it will be as good as new. I broke the dash Off. I was being to rough and rushing through the transformation. With al that though I love the look and the tightness of it. Well that's all, I got to go JB it back.

more pics.. from mega house releases..

2008_0224_0.jpg

2008_0224_2.jpg

2008_0224_4.jpg

I want it now..

more pics at:

Mospeada Winter 2008

Is it just me or is Yellow way too bulky? I suppose he IS wearing the ride suit and he has to at least be of a similar size to Ray and Stick to be able to fit into the armor.

Oh, and it does kind of look like the chest cannons will open. Yay! GBP-styl-ee!

Edited by Alex

he so NEEDS to be able to have missile bays open!

Im liking those wheels so much that im tempted to try and get two, but never saw a paint scheme other than his for that type....

btw, there are holes on the ends of the gauntlet armour, but no sign of blades? or is that the tip of one just showing on the right side piece?

he so NEEDS to be able to have missile bays open!

Im liking those wheels so much that im tempted to try and get two, but never saw a paint scheme other than his for that type....

btw, there are holes on the ends of the gauntlet armour, but no sign of blades? or is that the tip of one just showing on the right side piece?

Yeah, I'm sure you can see the tips of the blades in the bike in the middle pic.

This promo poster from Wonderfest shows the Blowsperior in silouette with a blade extended.

I will also be buying 2 of them :D

Edited by Tober

lol @ ruski comments. Ur secretly hanging for it aint ya ( oh the gender boundaries are getting soo confusing argh! ) lol

Heres hoping Tober! been playing around with the 1/12 model i made of him ages ago, ( breaking bits left right and centre) in anticipation of a retracting bladed toy hehe.

It would really 'cut' me up if it weren't to have em

:D

lol @ ruski comments. Ur secretly hanging for it aint ya ( oh the gender boundaries are getting soo confusing argh! ) lol

Heres hoping Tober! been playing around with the 1/12 model i made of him ages ago, ( breaking bits left right and centre) in anticipation of a retracting bladed toy hehe.

It would really 'cut' me up if it weren't to have em

:D

Yeah complete with pouting lips mwah mwah mwah! Anyone else think the RT title of the song "Lonely Solider Boy"

is a little too much information with Yellow singing it? :lol: Still i liked the song. moody. :p Not too gay...

That's my only nitpick of Beagle's design. They need to beef up the calves by about 10% and the boots by 20% in order to achieve a more balanced (and I'm not even referring to tipping issues) design. As it is the lower legs look too dainty: appropriate for the female armor but not the male ones. Tipping issues may be somewhat remedied by reducing the weight of the bike as much as possible, having extremely tight --hopefully ratcheted-- joints at the feet, knees, hips, and waist, and added mass (die cast construction or ballasting) in the lower legs/boots.

Otherwise, just WOW!

Edited by mechaninac

If Toynami is really collaborating with Beagle, I hope they go with the Beagle design and drop their own

Sweet, thanks for the pics.

BBTS has preorders up for the Toynami Masterpiece Cyclones:

Link $79.99 each

So hopefully they will let Beagle do their thing and not interfere. Hopefully their involvement will be the same as with the US Megahouse releases - just distribution.

no way! I like the smaller boots. It'll look better in motorcycle mode. Theres enough toys that mostly based on ride armor mode... I can't wait for this. I hope Toynami just distributes it.

no way! I like the smaller boots. It'll look better in motorcycle mode. Theres enough toys that mostly based on ride armor mode... I can't wait for this. I hope Toynami just distributes it.

I think toynami/HG should just stop wasting their time developing toys and just cut deals with better japanese companies to import or design their toys.

I was wondering... How come so many different competing companies are allowed to produce the same toy? That would be like having 4-5 companies producing Transformers. At least Hasbro and TakaraTomy work together... I just find it odd.

Edited by Dr. Z

Wow, take a look at the back of the knee on the CAD. That's a very interesting looking joint area.

Heh....that is interesting. I did'nt notice till you pointed it out. IMO I think the figure could be slightly bulkier...but the bike to rider porportions seem decent.

:ph34r:

Damn. I like it. I'll have to get both, Mega House's and Beagle's. I like the sophisticated approach of Beagle just as much as MH's anime looks of the Ridearmor.

BBTS already has three versions listed for preorder. That's pretty bold for Toynami, unless somebody else is manufacturing the toys. OTOH, if Toynami are merely distributing the Beagle toy, it should appear listed in HLJ any time now.

The Beagle toy is just CAD. The likelihood of that thing becoming an actual toy before the end of this year, with Toynami being involved, seems impossible. There's also still a possibility it will never come to be and Toynami will just stick to the toy they've already designed. I'm not going to preorder the Cyclones or Ride Armors until I've seen a picture of one in the box... which at this point I'm pretty sure won't be until next year.

Maybe this has already been noticed, but it seems they changed the orientation of the forearm armor on the Yellow figure:

2008_0224_0.jpg

The Yellow set will have bigger tires and differently oriented forearms. I wonder if they'll release a Stick and Ley with the same fixes.

That's my only nitpick of Beagle's design. They need to beef up the calves by about 10% and the boots by 20% in order to achieve a more balanced (and I'm not even referring to tipping issues) design. As it is the lower legs look too dainty: appropriate for the female armor but not the male ones. Tipping issues may be somewhat remedied by reducing the weight of the bike as much as possible, having extremely tight --hopefully ratcheted-- joints at the feet, knees, hips, and waist, and added mass (die cast construction or ballasting) in the lower legs/boots.

How about some extendable heel spurs? That's something transformers use all the time to counter the tipping problems of a huge backpack. It wouldn't be accurate, but it'd certainly help with balance issues.

How about some extendable heel spurs? That's something transformers use all the time to counter the tipping problems of a huge backpack. It wouldn't be accurate, but it'd certainly help with balance issues.

Maybe I will design some for my MH's when I get them.

Maybe I will design some for my MH's when I get them.

Are there peg holes on the bottoms of the MH feet? If there is, it'd be pretty easy to make a short "ski" of sorts for each foot.

If Toynami is really collaborating with Beagle, I hope they go with the Beagle design and drop their own

Not to worry, George Sohn assures us that the two designs are "very comparable to each other in form and function." Hell, I'm sure we wouldn't even notice the difference between the two. :rolleyes:

Not to worry, George Sohn assures us that the two designs are "very comparable to each other in form and function." Hell, I'm sure we wouldn't even notice the difference between the two. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I wouldn't notice a Toynami sticker cover the name of the original manufacture. :lol: