Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

The sample is made of....get this......Unobtainium.

Yep.

Name that awful reference.

what the ship is made of in the movie "The Core"

and yes it was a waste of 2 hours of life

Edited by Busted VF1A

In the old 1/72 YF-21, the shoulders looks quite odd sticking out in fighter mode.

How well the 1/60 YF-21 hide the shoulders in fighter mode?

it looks like they hide pretty damn well in the commercial, but I'm interested in an eyewitness account as well.

Saw this image from our local boards here. The poster saw it from toyskingdom.com.hk

I hope I'm not double posting it.

hj080152.jpg

It shows the:

1/60 YF-21

a picture of the VF-25...the valk in Macross frontier? it oooks like a hybrid of the VF-0 and the SV-51...I like!

So can somebody tell graham to post pics of is YF-19 now? B))

Edited by gian7675

Now that is a thin bird!

Graham, can Yamato let you post hi-res pics of these three photos since they have now been officially released into the public?

Yeah! All of us e-mail him the photos that's the YF-19 is revealed to the public so that he can now post his prototype 21 ! B))

Just noticed that the wings fold too to mimic the gliding scene of the YF-19 and the YF-21 together.

Edited by gian7675

I guess this deserves a thread of it's own like the YF-21 Commercial

hj080152.jpg

It seems the YF-21 will come with a dislplay stand too?

The wings will bend similar to the SC-51 to mimic the scene with the YF-19 gliding together

Regarding the Macross frontier VF-25...I like it very much ^_^ It looks like a crossbreed between the VF-0 and the SV-51.

And the VF-25 will have Fokker's yellow and Hikaru's red stripes! :lol:

Edit: Pic is from toyskingdom.com.hk...Graham probably has a copy also right now of the mag! LOL!

Graham, psssttt...more detailed pics will be appreciated.

Edited by gian7675

I'm reading those TINY little characters, but it does say about the fast pack attacment, fold booster attachment and display stand. Problem is I can't read the tiny kanji next to it if it says included or optional.

Edited by Hayabusa

I'm reading those TINY little characters, but it does say about the fast pack attacment, fold booster attachment and display stand. Problem is I can't read the tiny kanji next to it if it says included or optional.

Wow! What patience! And sharp eyes!

It mentions about the fast packs and display stand but no solid details if they're included or not? The magazine got cut off? Maybe they're included like the Yf-19...at first not included and then included in a latter release! :lol:

isamu_dyson Posted Today, 02:44 PM

22800 yen .. it was the price for the YF-19 + booster & fast pack set ...

so maybe fast pack + display stand will be included in the first release

Makes sense! The article does say the YF-21 will come with a lot of 'volume' so I believe it will come with the fast pack, stand, and the attachment for the booster. God I can't wait! Mecha Hawaii prepare I'm gonna get it !!!

They are not new pics of the VF-25 :(. They are the same as published in last month's New Type magazine and have been in the main Macross Frontier for quite a while already. Although these Hobby Japan pics should be a bit bigger.

Disappointing, I was hoping for (a) some proper VF-25 lineart, not the same old CG pics and (b) some new of Macross Frontier toys.

Graham

Must have those VF-25 pictures in high res :)

Oh yeah, the new YF-21 looks great too. What was the name of this thread again? :)

Here you go, Mr March.

To me the 25 looks like a summary of every "hero" Valk ever designed by Kawamory. In toy form, the shoulders of the Battroid will probably be more separated, which is good IMHO. I like Gerwalk the best.

Back on topic: As for the 21. Fighter all the way. It's the best looking mode of this latest rendition.

post-1636-1195785001_thumb.jpg

Hard to tell from the CG art, but the VF-25 design looks like a bit of a throwback compared to the YF-21/VF-22. Even a bit more primitive than the SV-51. Beautiful nonetheless! I'm still a sucker for 4th / 4.5 generation designs, so I'm all over it's looks... also a sucker for swing wings B))

Edited by ghostryder