Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

I thought Max's blue was too light colored, and Miria's should have been a darker red. But, that's just me. :p

Besides a cockpit and face change, the belly plates would need a redesign, since the belly plates are larger to accommodate internal storage of the gunpods on the VF-22. Although the differences are small, I think that the 22 just looks meaner than the 21. :) If Yamato does make the VFX2 Ravens VF-22S, I hope that they include a female gummie pilot figure so you can have Suzie Newtlet be the pilot (that goes for any VFX2 version valkyries). :D

I thought Max's blue was too light colored, and Miria's should have been a darker red. But, that's just me. :p

Besides a cockpit and face change, the belly plates would need a redesign, since the belly plates are larger to accommodate internal storage of the gunpods on the VF-22. Although the differences are small, I think that the 22 just looks meaner than the 21. :) If Yamato does make the VFX2 Ravens VF-22S, I hope that they include a female gummie pilot figure so you can have Suzie Newtlet be the pilot (that goes for any VFX2 version valkyries). :D

Does Suzie ever get to pilot the -22? I haven't finished VF-X2, yet. I took a time out to play through Macross M3, because I was so stoked to get a Sega Dreamcast for $10 U.S. at a flea market.

It would be nice if Yamato included the "belly plates" for the -22, like Yamato did with the extra customizer canards for the -19. Maybe Graham can step up and make this happen. ^_^

Wicked Ace, I can't remember anymore. :o Argh! :lol: I want her to pilot a VF-22 anyway! ;)

That would be awesome if Yamato included alternate belly plates and an alternate face. :D I doubt they'd do it, but that would rock. They could do the same if they released a Ravens VF-22S, include a YF-21 face and belly plates for those who'd like a 21 in that color scheme. I love your idea Wicked Ace!

I'm out of batteries for the digital camera, and I'm not willing to risk messing up the spine of my book to scan the pages. Other than the face, the cockpit, and the belly plates, the only difference I noticed are the markings on the head cowl. Max and Miria's VF-22s have different markings, and I can't remember for Gamlin or the VFX2 Ravens version.

Why do you say that?

The differences between the YF-21 and VF-22 aren't as great as the YF-19/VF-19A to the VF-19F/P/S/kai. In the past Yamato was going to release the 21 with fast packs with an alternate face and canopy (which they wound up not doing). It probably wouldn't cost that much extra to make new belly plates for a VF-22, regardless of whether it be as an original release VF-22, or as extras with the YF-21.

Besides, the very base of the belly plates are the same shape, the difference is the area where the gunpods store. It's not like they'd have to re-engineer the valkyrie like they would with a M7 VF-19 series or VF-11kai.

Yamato did also release the VF-19A Excalibur (which improved on the YF-19), and the VB-6 Koenig Monster. :)

You are correct sir. :)

The valkyries in VFX2 are:

VF-1X (A cannon fodder)

VF-1X (S Roy scheme with fast packs)

VF-1X (J I think?) GBP

VA-3M Invader

VF-11B Thunderbolt Ravens Scheme

VF-11B Protect Armor with BFG

VF-17D Nightmare (with what looks like purple highlights or blue it's hard to tell from the poster I have that came with the game)

VF-19A Excalibur Ravens scheme

VF-22 Sturmvogel II in the purple-people-eater color with white highlithts, red markings on the cowl, a red canopy, red visor, and blue gunpod.

IMHO, Yamato released the Köenig because it was already made. The toy is identical to the 1/100 resin kit. They just adapted it to toy form. Back then Yamato wasn't so strict with the scale if I remember correctly.

I hope they do the VF-17 as part of the VFX license. If one cannon scheme and a couple of repaints justify the YF-21 and YF-19, it may as well justify the VF-17.

I hope they do the VF-17 as part of the VFX license. If one cannon scheme and a couple of repaints justify the YF-21 and YF-19, it may as well justify the VF-17.

I believe many of us are with you on this. Personally, I would like to have one of these Manfred Brando/Millia F. Jenius types.

mil17-8-thumb.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

If Yamato were to pump out different designs and schemes faster, supply would exceed the amount of money we have to spend. :p I mean we have SV-51 Nora, 25th Anniversary VF-1S and YF-19, the YF-21... And we still don't know what Graham's signature was talking about!

addition: A VF-17D would be a definite buy for me. :)

Edited by Sumdumgai

I'd love an M7 Max & Millia VF-22. I've been try to persuade Yamato to make these for years now.

The current situation with both the M7 license and the VF-X2 license is somewhat unclear at the mopment.

My advice hang onto those 1/72 VF-19A, don't sell them yet.

Graham

Oh crap the situation with the VFX2 license is unclear right now? :ph34r: Damn, that's not good news, since that was a way to get the 17 and 22, plus the Ravens paint schemes. :(

I hope the situation gets cleared up in a good way soon.

Aaaand, that we get to see new stuff about that YF-21. :) Can't wait to see that sleekness we've been teased with. :D

I'd love an M7 Max & Millia VF-22. I've been try to persuade Yamato to make these for years now.

The current situation with both the M7 license and the VF-X2 license is somewhat unclear at the mopment.

Graham

Actually i wouldnt care much for the YF-19A color scheme, if M7 and VF-X2 licenses are unclear at the moment, surely yamato can do a super nova blue/white or orange/white in the meantime rite while they sort things out with the licenses.

Graham

Aw, crap. I really want a VF-X2 color scheme -19.