CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Welcome to the official complaining about complaining & defending defending thread.........

So........... does anyone actually have any news or anything interesting to say about this toy?

Yeesh I'm not coming back to this thread until the tread is actually released so we can have something nice to talk about. *sigh*

Opinions may not be right or wrong but they can certainly be more or less justified. If I say to you "This CMs Legioss is balls, it's totally going to break the first time anyone handles it." Is that an opinion? I suppose. Is it an opinion you shouldn't totally rip on for being completely unjustified?

This is a great point. Some "opinions" are more like unfounded claims.

But there's also this idea that criticism itself is bad, that a negative opinion is somehow less worthy than a positive one. That's what I don't like. I also don't like being subtley mocked for sharing an unfavorable opinion.

Edited by danth

I think this reply hits the mark exactly.. more analysis is poured into individual toys here, because the scope of the hobby is much narrower and the number of toys is much smaller than in transformers or gundam collecting.

It's still amusing to me, though.. the contrast between this forum and other toy forums is pretty noticeable.

B))

(and no, there's nothing WRONG WITH THAT :lol: although I still haven't gotten a satisfactory answer as to why people who dislike a particular upcoming toy continue to check&post to the thread about that toy...)

yup, we complain about toys and manufacturers, almost as much as we get lectured about complaining about toys.

Seriously though. If you're a gundam fan or a TF fan, or whatever, you know that every month there will be a glut of new toys. There's always something out. And the prices are fairly reasonable. But here, we tend to focus on franchises that haven't gotten much of a push for the last 20 years. And the stuff that does come out, costs a fair deal more than the typical transformer or gundam... so we go into far more detail in our critiques and since we're paying a lot, we expect a lot.

Frankly, I would be sad if MW goes the way of some other sites, where every POS toy release gets a ridiculous 9/10 or 10/10. "sure it doesn't look anything like it does in the show... sure it has no posability, sure the mold is actually a simple retool of a 5 year old sculpt, but this is ANOTHER 10/10 from hasbro/takara!"

Edited by Shaggydog

(and no, there's nothing WRONG WITH THAT :lol: although I still haven't gotten a satisfactory answer as to why people who dislike a particular upcoming toy continue to check&post to the thread about that toy...)

Because they feel the crushing weight of dissapointment and need to vent for cartharsis-- in the vain hope that something might get changed. And failing that, they continue to elucidate their dislike mainly for their own amusement and to confirm their own opinions. And by they, I mean me.

Must have been cancelled! jk but seriously where are the reviews?

The CMs ride armor didn't get reviewed until it was out and this looks like more of the same. I'll review it... it probably won't be the first review you'll get to though :).

People come back to threads about toys they don't like to see if someone has responded to their criticism. It's just rude to make a remark about something and walk away... then people say mean things about how you're just trolling and are unable to back up your opinion with any sort of reasoning. There are also people like me who already see a ton of faults with it but still will be buying one. I have the fact I'm buying one keeping me interested and the fact I don't certain aspects of it keeping me complaining :)

although I still haven't gotten a satisfactory answer as to why people who dislike a particular upcoming toy continue to check&post to the thread about that toy...)

If you think this is bad, go to GateWorld.net and see all the hate and vitrol spewed about Stargate Atlantis. Then those post not only post more, but actually watch the damned show! That just boggles my mind.

(and no, there's nothing WRONG WITH THAT laugh.gif although I still haven't gotten a satisfactory answer as to why people who dislike a particular upcoming toy continue to check&post to the thread about that toy...)

Some might actually buy it grudgingly but would prefer to buy a better toy if one were available. Me? I am a review waiter-er.

I still didn't buy the toynami alphas and I never preorder stuff because I want to leave my options open for the time when there are fixes or little modifications made to the first releases.

For example with the toynami 1/100 they made the stands a bit tougher, the skull didn't stick up from the heat shield, and possibly later,.......they may one day release fast packs. So some people just wait for reviews hoping the companies don't rush the product but take their time instead.

If you can get the stuff cheap though, you are more likely to buy something on first release though. But for me, I tend to wait ages, (especially for yamato stuff because of big boxes and shipping costs related to those big boxes) and reap the benefits of the later release.

One exception to this rule is the sv-51. I'm not sure I can wait for the reissue sv-51 ivanov so I caved in for nora paintscheme.

The CMs ride armors, I hope will get fixed, And if CMs is smart and listens to us fans, they will try to make the future ride armors' windshields a little stronger for those who see breakages for an expensive toy as unacceptable. If toynami and yamato can do it, so can they. These are supposed to be collector items so expect collectors to have far more strict and anal reviewers than the typical buyers. (the rule is that being a toys nerd means you are more pedantic than a casual fan)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I may not be sold on a toy based on the resin mock ups, so I'll check back to read the reviews. Actually, even if I am sold, for some companies, I'll ALWAYS check the reviews. So, I don't see anything wrong with coming back and checking in on a thread, looking for more information, nor do i see a problem with expressing my pleasure or displeasure based on the feedback of others. As long as your opinion is based on something tangible and not on partial scans of CAD drawings or blury photos taken from under a hat at anime expo, I don't really care if you like it or not.

Two words express my reasoning:

"Trainwreck Factor"

Does anyone know a way to order the Iota if you arent in Japan? Is there anyone that would be willing to act as an intermediary?

I'm with you. I suspect some daft eBayer will get a bunch and make them available at a big premium, the same will likely happen for the red guy, but I'd be a bit happier if we had a (very much trusted) member in Japan that could help us out.

Absolutly! I have so much on my 'must buy list' today ^_^

Tell me about it, I just checked out my preorder list at BBTS and was a little shocked at how many things I had forgot were in queue.

I just hope the Legioss doesn't end up coming out at the exact same time as SOC Godmarz because I do NOT want to have to choose between those two. :ph34r:

Tell me about it, I just checked out my preorder list at BBTS and was a little shocked at how many things I had forgot were in queue.

I just hope the Legioss doesn't end up coming out at the exact same time as SOC Godmarz because I do NOT want to have to choose between those two. :ph34r:

yeah, they're coming out at the same time.

along with alot of other higher priced collectibles... for me, March is really a killer... Myth Cloth Thanatos (more expensive than normal myth cloth), 24k Gold Pegasus (hope i can get one), SIC Shadow Moon... really crazy month for my wallet :(

You guys are insane. I stick to Macross and Mospeada and I still can't believe how much money I spend... God only help me if I collected toys for any other shows.

It helps that I try to maintain an 'only 1' set of rules with my collection. Like only one 1/48 valk, only one 1/55 valk, only one Garland, only one of each of the Ride Armors (meaning I have to choose between Stig and Ley). But add Transformers, Ghost in the Shell, some Revoltechs, SOC, and whatever other random things strike my fancy and yeah, it's insane. :wacko:

no, all dead, because their pelvis' were crushed........

;-)

looking at the various pics, still hadn't seen a really good profile shot unless ive skipped over some? its always the funky 3/4 view type?