Yamato 1/60 scale YF-19 problem thread.

Wicked Ace

for all the die cast love out there, the metal used in "die cast" isn't exactly the high quality material some of you make it out to be. As far as metals go, it's pretty low quality with poor perfomance in terms of stability and durability over time.

Anyways, as to recons point. I've had 1/55 on me before. but the reason I compared the models to the yamato toys, is that the parts in question are similarly thin. The older toys had much beefier designs... more material, in general will give you sturdier results. The newer designs tend to stress longer and thinner limbs, with far more surface detailing. Joints tend to be ball joints or other complex joints, while older toys tended to have one directional joints that again, could be thicker and thus sturdier.

And yeah, we've all heard of the new EVA SOCs breaking at the hip as well. So again, I don't get why people just automatically assume that breakages or materials issues are a yamato only problem.

for all the die cast love out there, the metal used in "die cast" isn't exactly the high quality material some of you make it out to be. As far as metals go, it's pretty low quality with poor perfomance in terms of stability and durability over time.

Anyways, as to recons point. I've had 1/55 on me before. but the reason I compared the models to the yamato toys, is that the parts in question are similarly thin. The older toys had much beefier designs... more material, in general will give you sturdier results. The newer designs tend to stress longer and thinner limbs, with far more surface detailing. Joints tend to be ball joints or other complex joints, while older toys tended to have one directional joints that again, could be thicker and thus sturdier.

And yeah, we've all heard of the new EVA SOCs breaking at the hip as well. So again, I don't get why people just automatically assume that breakages or materials issues are a yamato only problem.

Yups we do have some isolated cases of socs breaking, bearing in mind the materials used for diecast parts are usually of cheap or mixed alloy materials and maybe even aluminium? :blink: who knows? But in comparision with the recent products )YF-19, VF0A, VF0S) of yamato, their breakages are few in numbers. Its true designs play a part in the stress factor in which the toy is put through especially at the joints, transformation parts, thats why its is extremely important to reinforce these very parts...poor design leads to numerous problems (sometimes it aint just the plastic problem) ^_^

Edited by recon

I'm not saying that the garland and VF-0 shoulders are fine. I'm just saying that jumping up and down about the yf-19 arms and and neck hinge might be uncalled for. We're hearing a handfull of reports on the hinge and one report on the shoulder, thats hardly an epidemic. Frankly, it reminds me of the back pack problem with the 1/48s, the only problem being people kept forcing the part beyond what it was designed to do.

My friend's Gunbuster SOC broke soon after purchase. A die-cast part, even.

Any pictures of that part to show? It'd be great to know what part to be EXTRA careful with.

I have heard one or two incident where the plastic nubs (that hold the bridges) on the gantry tower break, but no horror stories about the main toy (Gunbuster) itself breaking on gentle handling.

My 1/48 Miria had the backpack hinge snap from it being too stressed from putting on and removing the fast packs. :( It sucks I only took them off twice. Once to display it without fast packs, and once so that I could pack it away safely for moving. Then when I tried to put the fast packs back on. *SNAP*

I blame Gamlin. :p

I keep popping into this thread to read up on how well everyone's 19s are holding together, in waiting for them to release a non-cannon paint scheme like Low Vis or Stealth. :)

Here's the pics of my YF-19 Fast Pack with stress marks (this has NEVER been transformed, this is how it came).

Has anyone experienced the same?

I plan on calling Yamato on Monday to voice my disappointment on this, as well as the shoddy shoulders on the vf-0s. Hopefully, they'll do the honorable thing and replace my part(s). As soon as I get a chance, I'll let you know what they said.

post-3166-1183935872_thumb.jpg

post-3166-1183935880_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaOne

So get this, I contact HLJ to try and obtain parts for the YF-19 that was damaged ON YAMATO'S BEHALF. This is what they said:

- My Email -

To whom it may concern:

Hello, my name is Ken Sitar (Customer ID unknown) and I'm a returning customer. When I opened my package, I saw that there was a part that was damaged. Therefore, I would like to order parts for the following:

Manufacturer: Yamato

Scale: 1/60

Name of Kit: YF-19 w/fold booster + Fast Pack

Parts List #: N-1 (Description: Nosecose/Neck/Fuselage part)

Quantity: 1

If possible, can you inspect the part to confirm there aren't any flaws or stress marks?

Thank you in advance and if there's any more information you require, please email me back.

Sincerely,

Ken Sitar

- HLJ Reply -

Reply to all Reply to allForward Forward Print Add Takayuki to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?

Takayuki Oishi <oishi@hlj.com>

Dear Sir/Madam;

Yamato has contacted us about your parts order.

Unfortunately,YF-19 parts from your parts order is not available.

We are sorry we cannot help you get it.

Best regards,

Takayuki Oishi

Customer Service Representive

www.hlj.com

What kind of BS is this? I'm contacting Yamato tomorrow and demanding that they give me the part that THEY damaged. I tried to defend them in the past, but after this kind of shabby treatment, no more. I believe there should be a relationship between customer and supplier that should be respected. After reading how Yamato's not providing a part they damaged, I can honestly say that unless their customer service can provide me that part, I'm swearing off Yamato's for good. And I'm informing all my friends the same.

BoB, your side's looking a lot more enticing now.

Edited by AlphaOne

I dunno... just how does one ask for a whole new valk? Just look at what happened with the email communication for VF0 replacement arms!

Does one use the most basic, toddler-level English?

Does one send color pictures?

Does one send B/W pictures, assuming they're color blind as well?

Does one need to get one's email translated to retard-level Chinese or Japanese?

Do we tape hand sign language and send them to Yamato?

Ya know, Asians are not retards, maybe it's just anything Yamato will give that Kryptonite like effect to anyone. Either that, or Yamato simply enjoys monkeying around with their customers.

• 1 month later...

bump...

hate to be saying this, since I sorta defended Yamato on this and took it as an isolated case, but sadly I have to add myself to this

my neck hinge thing broke, and I was extremely careful with it, the stress mark is horrible and I'm really really really dissapointed at this for such an expensive thing that I've been very concient and treated as fragile, haven't transformed it more than 10 times in all this months and well...it broke

I'll post pics later...

bad yamato...bad...bad yamato... :angry:

Any pictures of that part to show? It'd be great to know what part to be EXTRA careful with.

I have heard one or two incident where the plastic nubs (that hold the bridges) on the gantry tower break, but no horror stories about the main toy (Gunbuster) itself breaking on gentle handling.

No, he returned it and got a refund. I think it was like, the heart, or something.

bump...

hate to be saying this, since I sorta defended Yamato on this and took it as an isolated case, but sadly I have to add myself to this

my neck hinge thing broke, and I was extremely careful with it, the stress mark is horrible and I'm really really really dissapointed at this for such an expensive thing that I've been very concient and treated as fragile, haven't transformed it more than 10 times in all this months and well...it broke

I'll post pics later...

bad yamato...bad...bad yamato... :angry:

Shame mate ... I feel bad for ya ...

:mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a more complete summary than Graham's on Feb 8 and/or one that applies to the YF-19 FP, since it appears that it solved the landing gear and gunpod issues.

Should I be watching for stress marks on the neck and shoulder? I can't seem to find pics of the affected areas... thanks!

Hey guys, check out my newest review, it's of the 2nd edition YF-19 but I'd really appreciate it if any of you who have experienced problems with the 2nd edition would give it a read and see if I didn't miss the issue had. I didn't mention a bunch of things because they seemed more 1st edition specific... like the neck hinge.

YF-19%20FP%20small%2026.jpg

Edited by jenius

Thank you! Finally some pics to see the 1/60 compared to the 1/72. I couldn't find any pics and spent last night searching through the MW forums. Nice review Jenius! :) I'll pop back into this thread to let you know how my YF-19 turned out once I get mine from Twin Moons.

Good review jenius. Would have been so good if they just found out some method of having a chest-locking mechanism but it's a great first attempt for that scale.

I wonder if the new tv series features some yf-19s in it, would bandai attempt to outdo the yamato 1/60? (say what you will about the cheap ultra light mac7 fire valk with chunks of the thigh missing to make space for the arms in fighter mode, but it at least locked the chest in the battroid mode :p)

Hopefully by the time they get to the vf-11, any upcoming yf-19 will have eliminated most of the nitpicks with current ones.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

:lol: Okay that's the ONLY good point on the Bandai VF-19 series, the chest locking mechanism. The rest makes me regret spending my money on that chunky-monkey. :( Well, on the bright side I'm going to have it to put next to my new YF-19 once I get it. :D Oh baby.

It's very encouraging that there hasn't been that many reports of problems on the 19 w/FD+FP. :)

Hi All,

Wanted to add this to the thread, but the site was down.

It's been a couple of days since this happened, so I have pretty much calmed down since then.

MY FAVOURITE YF-19's ARM JUST BROKE!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

CRAP!!!....

Words could not express how I felt at that moment of time!!!...

And the best part is, I have only transformed once.

After that I put it in storage, as I had no place to display it.

I took it out recently to fix the new fast packs on and the arm just dropped off.

And I handle all my Valkyries with care.

I bought the new bundle set and display it now!

So I can keep an eye on it!... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do any of you guys who have it, find the forward and back swing rotating shoulder joint loose?

Cheers,

Just want to share!...

Jerry

Ouch. I feel sorry for you, man.

I'm also having the same problem with the left arm too, tough I had it for, like, almost a year I think. I really had no problem with my -19 until I saw this nasty crack recently when I slide down the 'muscle' piece on the left upper arm(almost the same as yours), causing it to hang loose. Thank God it didn't break off yet. Until I find what kind of glue that's strong enough and last long enough, I'm keeping it in fighter mode.

So, can anyone recommend what type of glue I could use? If not, how do I get a replacement part from Yamato?

On another note, should I get the YF-19+FastPack+FoldBooster set, or just get the FP+FoldBooster? Decided on just the FP set, but after seeing the crack, I'm undecided...

Edited by MangledMess

Has anyone had a 19 from the FP set break an arm yet?

Seeing as how two first release 1/60 YF-19s are having arm troubles in the same area, I'm starting to feel a bit worried. I hope these two are just isolated incidents, but my eyes couldn't help wandering to my armless VF-0A CF on my desk... :ph34r:

Has anyone had a 19 from the FP set break an arm yet?

Seeing as how two first release 1/60 YF-19s are having arm troubles in the same area, I'm starting to feel a bit worried. I hope these two are just isolated incidents, but my eyes couldn't help wandering to my armless VF-0A CF on my desk... :ph34r:

I hope it's an isolated incident, because I suddenly realized it was because of trying to pry the right arm that usually connects under the shield(which is situated on the left arm, of course) off when transforming from fighter to Battroid, and I admit I might have disconnected it a little too hard, not realizing I've been rough on the left arm because of the damn shield(damn it's tight when you connect the arms under it.). And I had the -19 for quite a long time since my sister bought it from Japan.

I checked both arms of my first release 1/60 YF-19 and both are fine B))

This bird has gone through dozen's of transformations since December last year and nothing is broken. Just a tiny stress mark in the left grey piece under the neck caused by the srew.

Same here. I've had my 19 since the very first release, and aside from the few fixes I did early on( landing gear, gun pod), I haven't had any problems. Both arms are still fairly tight and have no stress marks. It might just be a fluke or rough handling. If it was a common problem we'd have seen it here a while ago.

MangledMess - I'm not sure what that part of the arm is made of so I can't even guess at a glue for it. But for replacement parts try contact Hobby Link Japan. They can usually get me replacement runners for models. I've never tried to get a toy part so no gaurentees, but they might be able to get one for you.

I was worried it might be an issue like the VF-0 shoulders. For the longest time, no problems. Then after a while, they started cropping up. I'm hoping these are just isolated incidents. :ph34r:

well i haven't checked mine yet but i know they used the same shitty plastic for the 19 arm assembly(dark grey) as they did the VF-0A. :mellow:

i love my YF-19 but if that shits broke, i'm shunning yamato forever.

Same here. I've had my 19 since the very first release, and aside from the few fixes I did early on( landing gear, gun pod), I haven't had any problems. Both arms are still fairly tight and have no stress marks. It might just be a fluke or rough handling. If it was a common problem we'd have seen it here a while ago.

MangledMess - I'm not sure what that part of the arm is made of so I can't even guess at a glue for it. But for replacement parts try contact Hobby Link Japan. They can usually get me replacement runners for models. I've never tried to get a toy part so no gaurentees, but they might be able to get one for you.

Is the replacement parts free of charge or something? Because I did not get my -19 from them, and I'm just wondering if I'm qualified to get one from them? And I have no way of paying online.

Is the replacement parts free of charge or something? Because I did not get my -19 from them, and I'm just wondering if I'm qualified to get one from them? And I have no way of paying online.

Not really sure. They charge me when I need a runner. But I've never needed a spare toy part before so I'm not sure what they will be able to do.

Hi to all the Senior here.

While think of buying the YF-19, I'm not sure whether the reissue of the YF-19 have minimise all the problems as stated by all the senior

Does anyone has ideas or news about it?

Quiet concern as this kit is quiet costly plus I afraid it will broke easily.

Thanks in advance