Yamato 1/60 scale YF-19 problem thread.

Wicked Ace

yeah like hiryu said, at the end of that thread it is revealed that this in fact is a non-issue.

so far it seems like there are more with stress marks than without.

who here has a 19 with no stress marks?

I do!

I'll bring this issue to Yamato's attention when I meet with them tonight.

Hopefully, the next release can have those parts changed to POM.

While it's a shame to see stress marks or cracks, at least it doesn't seem to affect transformation and is in a non visible area.

It shouldn't happen, but thankfully, doesn't seem to be a "Major Problem".

Graham

While it's a shame to see stress marks or cracks, at least it doesn't seem to affect transformation and is in a non visible area.

It shouldn't happen, but thankfully, doesn't seem to be a "Major Problem".

Graham

The cracks have greatly affected a number of members' transformations. :) Also, even though the stress marks are in "non visible" areas, it's important to remember that they signify a problem and are like cancer, which is also non visible. Us -19 owners appreciate you bringing this to Yamato's attention.

I'll definitely be telling them about the problem and I've got one of my YF-19s with stress marks in my bag ready to show them tonight. I'll be urging them to change that part to POM and also perhaps change the geometry on the tabs on future releases.

But even with the cracks or stress marks, it doesn't seem to affect the ability to transform or play with the toy, which is why I don't personally consider it a major problem, like the VF-0A shoulder and arm swivel cracks.

Graham

That was my feeling as well Graham, but it seems some people's have been more temermental than others, and the biggest problem with the part is the shape, not the material. It is simply too mcuh material for the motion it is meant to accomplish... I wish I had good pics of where I filed mine, because it works perfectly now, and is the kind of thing that should have been done right the first time.

I'll definitely be telling them about the problem and I've got one of my YF-19s with stress marks in my bag ready to show them tonight. I'll be urging them to change that part to POM and also perhaps change the geometry on the tabs on future releases.

But even with the cracks or stress marks, it doesn't seem to affect the ability to transform or play with the toy, which is why I don't personally consider it a major problem, like the VF-0A shoulder and arm swivel cracks.

Graham

I feel better knowing you're going to bring evidence of the problem to the meeting. I agree the stress marks don't affect the ability to transform -- it's when the stress marks turn into cracks, that the real problems arise. A stress mark is just a prelude to a break. Hopefully, Yamato gives you a replacement for your stressed -19. :D

Graham

Please do Graham.

And about the cracks or stress marks on the 1/60 YF19 and VF0S, it doesn't seem to affect me negatively any more... It's no longer a major problem after copious amount of alcohol.

Yamato should pack some hard liquor redemption coupons in their future releases!

And about the cracks or stress marks on the 1/60 YF19 and VF0S, it doesn't seem to affect me negatively any more... It's no longer a major problem after copious amount of alcohol.

Speaking as someone who consumes copious amounts of alcohol the attached picture was a definite buzz-kill. How this could not affect transformation is beyond me. Well, some might think the removable fuselage is a cool mod. :(

post-1617-1170652590_thumb.jpg

Graham, while the stress marks are in a non-visible area, how could this be a minor problem? my stress marks seem to be steadily growing despite correct transformation. are you saying that the piece can be broken or removed and the yf-19 still be able to transform?

Edited by cyde01

Don't be hate'n. :)

while flying turd may not be the best way to put it, he has a point. Yamato chaged an awful lot to have parts failing.

And while I understand that those of us not in japan are not going to get customer service from yamato for these macross toys... the breakages in 3 major yamato releases, and their rising prices makes me rethink any future toy purchases from them.

while flying turd may not be the best way to put it, he has a point. Yamato chaged an awful lot to have parts failing.

And while I understand that those of us not in japan are not going to get customer service from yamato for these macross toys... the breakages in 3 major yamato releases, and their rising prices makes me rethink any future toy purchases from them.

While I'm inclined to agree, I posted my comment as a courteous reminder that I started this thread to bring the problem(s) to light -- mission accomplished. I did not want this thread to turn into an all out b!tch-fest and get deleted or dismissed by those who do not like to read negative things about Yamato. Maybe someone should start the official Yamato b!tch-fest thread and see how long it goes. :lol: It won't be me.

Edited by Wicked Ace

point taken.

I would then suggest that you should have written THAT as your reply, as "don't be hate'n" can sound dismissive of his whole post, when the first part of it is spot on.

Actually, I was having fun with the word "hatin", or "hate'n" as it was posted by another member in protest of a another member's replies. I believe the original reply read something like "shuddup you are just hatin." Sorry if anyone took offense. :)

Edited by Wicked Ace

Hmm, I don't see why we should be looking at it from either a lovin' or hatin' angle. You bought one, you have an opinion about it, you post it. You're still being objective if you've not bought one. Why be bothered with the quality of words when Yamato doesn't give a rat's arse?

Yamato with whatever experience they have imo, screwed-up so much on the 1/60 YF19, I simply have no proper words for it. And I disagree with likenning Yamato's 1/60 YF19 to a big flying turd, cuz that might offend other big flying turds - I dunno... for the Yamato's 1/60 YF19 to be called a big flying turd seemed like a positive distinction right now.

Ya know, I'd like to be more professionally constructive with my criticisms, but this is as good as it gets from me. I don't like to waste time with companies that hold absolutely no regard nor respect to their readily available customers - We even forward product quality-related questions and comments (that Kensei compiled) in a Graham to Yamato questions thread fer Chrissakes! Had it been me I would give a flying fvck about it.

6 years is as good as a glorious decade, Yamofo. Spend the remainder wisely.

if you don't give a flying fvck don't post here hater. i'm not happy with the 19 either but it's far from a flying turd. it has one defective part and a gunpod that's crooked in fighter, but otherwise it's a great looking toy. the only problem is that it costs too much. and yamato would extend customer support to us if it wasn't for Hard Gay i mean harmony gay.

if you like your TFs so much go post about your TFs in the kiddie forum. otherwise your point has already been taken and the rest is needless overkill.

Edited by cyde01

There seems to be a lot of exaggeration and uneccessary Chicken Little-ish "The sky is falling" panic going on at the moment IMHO.

A slightly wonky gunpod and a couple of small stress marks that don't affect anything and are not visible accept during transformation hardly make the toy a turd and in my book come under the category of minor issues.

If anybody thinks the toy is a turd, send it to me and I'll be happy to supply a warm and loving home to any unwanted 1/60 YF-19 toys.

I think it's a beautiful toy and a fantastic peice of enginnering. I'm sure these extremely minor issues will be worked out soon.

Graham

if you don't give a flying fvck don't post here hater. i'm not happy with the 19 either but it's far from a flying turd. it has one defective part and a gunpod that's crooked in fighter, but otherwise it's a great looking toy. the only problem is that it costs too much. and yamato would extend customer support to us if it wasn't for Hard Gay i mean harmony gay.

if you like your TFs so much go post about your TFs in the kiddie forum. otherwise your point has already been taken and the rest is needless overkill.

This is one good example why we'll never see quality material improvements from Yamato. Sure, they can use the US blockade as an excuse. But for someone like you to make it for them... I couldn't begin to make out if this kind of love for Yamato's product especially at their current sad state is Brand loyalty or blind devotion - the kind that's worse than submission with a gun held to the head, LOL!

But you decide for yourself clyde01. It's your right. Same as it is my right to post. ;)

There seems to be a lot of exaggeration and uneccessary Chicken Little-ish "The sky is falling" panic going on at the moment IMHO.

A slightly wonky gunpod and a couple of small stress marks that don't affect anything and are not visible accept during transformation hardly make the toy a turd and in my book come under the category of minor issues.

If anybody thinks the toy is a turd, send it to me and I'll be happy to supply a warm and loving home to any unwanted 1/60 YF-19 toys.

I think it's a beautiful toy and a fantastic peice of enginnering. I'm sure these extremely minor issues will be worked out soon.

Graham

Graham, turd or not the toy is bought because I love the YF19. I will not send the '19 to you because the toy itself is innocent. One's own flesh and blood with a hole-in-the-heart condition is still considered a wonderful work of miracle; you don't give it away. What we should address here is Yamato's work culture - They have absolutely NO control / clout / say/ power whatsoever over their manufacturing. It's kinda like the Forbidden City run by a bunch of eunuchs - at least the eunuchs received fewer complains.

Edited by Beware of Blast

This is one good example why we'll never see quality material improvements from Yamato. Sure, they can use the US blockade as an excuse. But for someone like you to make it for them... I couldn't begin to make out if this kind of love for Yamato's product especially at their current sad state is Brand loyalty or blind devotion - the kind that's worse than submission with a gun held to the head, LOL!

But you decide for yourself clyde01. It's your right. Same as it is my right to post. ;)

Graham, turd or not the toy is bought because I love the YF19. I will not send the '19 to you because the toy itself is innocent. One's own flesh and blood with a hole-in-the-heart condition is still considered a wonderful work of miracle; you don't give it away. What we should address here is Yamato's work culture - They have absolutely NO control / clout / say/ power whatsoever over their manufacturing. It's kinda like the Forbidden City run by a bunch of eunuchs - at least the eunuchs received fewer complains.

So you love it , but its crap? :blink:

i've read why you think this YF-19 sucks and that its not worth the $$$. Ok, sell yours. Wait... you dont want to get rid of it b/c its like "flesh and blood" a "miracle". I dont see how you can keep pushing this over and over. Yeah it had some problems, their easily fixed. Should it have had problems? No. If you dont like what they have to sell move onto another product.

i've read why you think this YF-19 sucks and that its not worth the $$$. Ok, sell yours. Wait... you dont want to get rid of it b/c its like "flesh and blood" a "miracle". I dont see how you can keep pushing this over and over. Yeah it had some problems, their easily fixed. Should it have had problems? No. If you dont like what they have to sell move onto another product.

I love the YF19 design like flesh & blood. My arguement has always been Yamato's questionable build quality and finishing for every release up till the 1/60 YF19 more than the cost.

So tell me how do you fix the two grey tabs full of stressmarks and crack?

How do I fix the stressmarks on the the tan coloured fuselage?

What if it's not fixable?

Who's gonna buy my problematic YF19 now? You?

Where do I find another perfect transforming YF19 maker without all the Yamato problems?

You wanted something for so long and when you finally have it, you get no satisfaction. Kind of worse than someone putting a gun to your head because you asked for this poo, no?

You see my "keep pushing this over and over" posts as the problem but not the crap you get from Yamato for your hard-earned money all these years. :Shrugs: Maybe your mileage vary?

I think we all love the YF-19 because of the design. If someone else, say Bandai was the one producing the YF-19 and had a better rendition of the YF-19, no QC problems and possibly cheaper you think we'll still be buying Yamato valks? I say fat chance.

The problem now is cuz we don't have a choice. Who's making the YF-19? Only Yamato. Who's making sub par toys ? Yamato. Who else is making the YF-19? No one. Do we love the YF-19? Hell yeah....but we have to live with the sub-parness.

You can say "you don't like them then don't buy it" . Sure. Easier said than done, when no one else is making a toy of the valk u like. Its like you love pancakes, but in your whole town, only one cafe has pancakes and their pancakes are subpar as best. What to do? For the love of pancakes, i'll still buy from that cafe and grumble till they do it right. :lol:

Imagine if there was no Yamato. You guys will still be stuck whining and bit*chin about Toynami valkyries and still buying them. :lol:

I think we all love the YF-19 because of the design. If someone else, say Bandai was the one producing the YF-19 and had a better rendition of the YF-19, no QC problems and possibly cheaper you think we'll still be buying Yamato valks? I say fat chance.

The problem now is cuz we don't have a choice. Who's making the YF-19? Only Yamato. Who's making sub par toys ? Yamato. Who else is making the YF-19? No one. Do we love the YF-19? Hell yeah....but we have to live with the sub-parness.

You can say "you don't like them then don't buy it" . Sure. Easier said than done, when no one else is making a toy of the valk u like. Its like you love pancakes, but in your whole town, only one cafe has pancakes and their pancakes are subpar as best. What to do? For the love of pancakes, i'll still buy from that cafe and grumble till they do it right. :lol:

Imagine if there was no Yamato. You guys will still be stuck whining and bit*chin about Toynami valkyries and still buying them. :lol:

I love pancakes! :D

Purchsing choices are slim here and your point is well taken. but this thread has devolved in my opinion.

I look forward to seeing what Yamatos replies are to the Questions posed to them.

Edited by Macross73

No man, back then even without Yamato, we had the Bandai 1/55 reissues to choose over the Toynami 1/55 veritechs. And even then, the Toynami 1/55 veritechs didn't qualify to get bit*ched about.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Hi everyone.....

I've already say in this topic about the ( very bad... very bad for my heart because i'm to old for this alarmings post ) stress marks on my 2 YF-19... And, when i saw this topic, i run to my YF-19 to check this stress marks :angry:

When i saw this stress marks, I take a glue and i fixed them with little drop.... Then... No problem.. I transform it forty times mine YF-19... and the stress mark won't move... ( they can't move with superGlue :wacko: )..

So i'm still happy to have my YF-19 and i'll take one more when the new schem comes....

Eh !!!! ... I'm Hungry to... it's 1 PM o'clock here... in Paris..... so, good lunch.... :lol:

When a peice of snap, screwed and glued together plastic costs upwards and over $200, the tolerance for neglected qc issues drops a couple notches.

Especially when according to Graham they've had over 4 years to develop this thing.

It took what? At max 20 transformations (some straight out of the box) for people here to find out a common problem. Idiotic negiligences like the crooked gunpod in fighter mode also makes me shake my head... These are QC issues that originate from Yamato themselves and not by tired, bored and inadequately paid chinese factory workers.

It aint the end of the world, but it's two hundred dollars down the drain and that at least is worth a couple of angry posts on this forum.

Edited by Nani?!