2007, the big date for Macross ?

Aegis!

Wasn't the original series collaborative?

Yes and no, he wrote the episode outlines, and the script supervisor and a writing team penned the episodes.

I believe he actually wrote only two episodes, near the very end of the series.

If you want different writers, watch different shows. Leave Macross with Kawamori!

Yes we know Keith... :rolleyes:

Light another candle on your SK shrine... :p

Sits quitely twiddlling thumbs and smiling.

Graham

There you have it... All you conspiracy theorists can rest now Grahams secret is out. He has been secretly writing a new series now for a couple of years whist being on the Board of Directors at Big West the chief of Future Concepts at Yamato. Now you all know you can let him just get on with the final episode. Then he can mail it to Kawamori San for final approval, before Mikimoto San can get to work on the art and character development.

Edited by big F

Graham

Wow, now I'm confident something is coming in 2007; Oh god Anime Expo! :ph34r:

If Yamato is the only contact Graham has, and he sees all of Yamato's products in advance, then Yamato might be producing the VF that's featured in an upcoming Macross series/movie.

Well the hell are you talking about :huh: ? Graham knows something is up with a new series, nothing with the toys since Yamato does not know about the new release itself. I just know it. Probably Shoji has been working on something after Zero to prepare for this, it makes perfect sense.

My prediction is that AX is going to promote this into a event. Everyone spam their forums! :lol:

God I'm happy. :)

Well the hell are you talking about :huh: ? Graham knows something is up with a new series, nothing with the toys since Yamato does not know about the new release itself. I just know it. Probably Shoji has been working on something after Zero to prepare for this, it makes perfect sense.

Yes it's called:

Space-Time Wars

Dir: Shoji Kawamori

For the Genius Party Anthology series currenty in production... :p

There are no references to it being in the Macross universe (which is not surprising as he's had many non-Macross projects he's wanted to do for quite some time).

“10 leading Japanese Animation creators of today come together to offer a stunning visual feast of cutting edge imagery and artistry. 10 geniuses, 10 completely new works. In production NOW!â€

Dimension Bomb

Dir: Koji Morimoto

Twilight World

Dir: Shinichiro Watanabe

Nayorani

Dir: Mahiro Maeda

Space-Time Wars

Dir: Shoji Kawamori

Dream Machine

Dir: Masaaki Yuasa

Genius Party

Dir: Atsuko Fukushima

Moondrive

Dir: Kazuto Nakazawa

Touni

Dir: Tadashi Hiramatsu

Limitcycle

Dir: Hideki Futamura

“Wanwa†the Puppy

Dir: Shinosuke Harada

I am of the hope that we may finally see some Mac II Valks or even some of that series' destroid models or a 1/72 scale Valk II... :p

Edited by Zinjo

I thought we all hated Mac II Valks? Or are you just being sarcastic...?

I don't think *we all* hate MacII valks. I like 'em, just more partial to some of the others. You might want to check that person's particular avatar though, I'm sure you'll find they're quite serious.

While the animation and story of MacII are considerd to be somewhat sub-par by many, the Valk designs in general are well liked by most.

I'd personally love to see a perfect transformation VF-2SS w/SAP and VF-2JA by Yamato. Not bothered about the Metal Siren though. I never did care for the design. It's extremely fugly IMO.

Graham

I don't believe so. There exists a transforming model of it (you'll have to search the forums for it.)

Though, making it transform, and making it look cool in all modes while being able to transform may not be possible.

-snip-

Though, making it transform, and making it look cool in all modes while being able to transform may not be possible.

Blasphemy! The VF-4 looks great in ALL modes! ^_^

Edited by Lightning 06

Did I say that? No.

To clarify, the 'it' in my previous post means a toy version of the VF-4, and not the VF-4 design itself. Let's be honest - the way that the legs attach in jet mode would require some sacrifices to the jet mode of any such toy.

I'd personally love to see a perfect transformation VF-2SS w/SAP and VF-2JA by Yamato. Not bothered about the Metal Siren though. I never did care for the design. It's extremely fugly IMO.

Graham

Now the Metal Siren is a variable fighter I'd love to see Kawamori re-design! A purely space based fighter with uber-firepower...

He could completey gundamize it and everyone would love it... :D

Now as for fugly battroids, the F-4 is right up there... <_<

Now the Metal Siren is a variable fighter I'd love to see Kawamori re-design! A purely space based fighter with uber-firepower...

He could completey gundamize it and everyone would love it... :D

Now as for fugly battroids, the F-4 is right up there... <_<

A Kawamori redesign of the Metal Siren is one thing I don't want to see. It looks evil enough as is without looking like something General Galaxy cooked up (i.e. Zentreadi-like).

Of course, Kawamori may not go that route. He may redesign it to carry a Bong Cannon that shoots love beads, and painted in psychedelic colors. It'll also have a secret weapon called the "Peace Beam Cannon". When used, it makes the enemy want to surrender, start communes, and smoke lots of dope.

Oh, and it will get a name change. The new name will be the "Metal Sit-In". :p

A Kawamori redesign of the Metal Siren is one thing I don't want to see. It looks evil enough as is without looking like something General Galaxy cooked up (i.e. Zentreadi-like).

Of course, Kawamori may not go that route. He may redesign it to carry a Bong Cannon that shoots love beads, and painted in psychedelic colors. It'll also have a secret weapon called the "Peace Beam Cannon". When used, it makes the enemy want to surrender, start communes, and smoke lots of dope.

Oh, and it will get a name change. The new name will be the "Metal Sit-In". :p

At least Henry Gloval could actually use his pipe instead of just holding it.

Graham

omg stop already you're making us go insane.

so you mean to tell me there's a chance of a new series?

i feel like jim carrey in dumb and dumber when he got told there's a one in a million chance of getting the girl.

"so you mean there's a chance?"

Well everyone's entitled to their opinion...

I honestly don't see why Macross "needs" to continue. If Kawamori gives us one final bang-up movie, OVA, or series to wrap things up, I'd be quite happy. I don't see it as a franchise that needs to continue infinitum, and most certainly not one that needs to be ruined by "new blood."

If you want that, there's Gundam, and as much as I like Gundam, I don't want it in my Macross.

I'm completely agree with that, macross don't need "a new face" to continue.

Personally, I really like to see a movie with a story like the one in macross VF-X2. A movie that shows all the good things of the macross universe together, and then a great finale like the one in that game. Kawamori and his team did the same thing with the minmay-hikaru-misa storyline in macross flashback and we are all happy with it.

At least Henry Gloval could actually use his pipe instead of just holding it.

It would've been funny if that's what he had in his pipe, before his big debrief with U.N. Forces High Command. The mental image of the stately Global, talking like that surfer dude from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", is just too hilarious. :D

Well everyone's entitled to their opinion...

Indeed. And my response wasn't intended to slam later VFs (such as the VF-22), or Kawamori's designs in general (just making a joke ;) ). The Metal Siren is a unique and original design. Not to mention it's someone else's creative effort and hard work. If anyone should redesign it, it should be the original artist. Not Kawamori.

But personally, I think it's okay as is. It's nice to have one kick-ass, uber-VF (even in a "alternate" Macross timeline) that doesn't remind me of a Zentreadi mecha. While these Zent-like VFs look cool (the VF-22 is awesome), I wouldn't want it to become a common theme in future Macross series. Or become dominate in future Macross designs.

I honestly don't see why Macross "needs" to continue. If Kawamori gives us one final bang-up movie, OVA, or series to wrap things up, I'd be quite happy. I don't see it as a franchise that needs to continue infinitum, and most certainly not one that needs to be ruined by "new blood."

If you want that, there's Gundam, and as much as I like Gundam, I don't want it in my Macross.

I'm completely agree with that, macross don't need "a new face" to continue.

Personally, I really like to see a movie with a story like the one in macross VF-X2. A movie that shows all the good things of the macross universe together, and then a great finale like the one in that game. Kawamori and his team did the same thing with the minmay-hikaru-misa storyline in macross flashback and we are all happy with it.

While I agree with Keith that Macross shouldn't become another Gundam franchise, I disagree with his (and s001's) view that "new blood" would turn it into such. Or that "new blood" would ruin the Macross Universe. In fact, new talent that is allowed to explore new avenues outside of Kawamori's "vision", is maybe just what the franchise needs. Macross still holds endless possiblities in terms of stories, themes, and characters. To let it die just because Kawamori gets sick of it, or runs out of good ideas, is pure folly.

The Star Trek franchise ran strong for a long time without the "Great Bird of the Galaxy" having a chokehold on things. In fact, it can be argued that the quality of the series actually became better, without Rodenberry doing much beyond "advising". And it ran strong after his death.

Robert E. Howard is another good example. His characters and worlds he created enjoyed a world-wide revival in the 1970's. King Kull, Conan, Comac Mac Art, etc, did quiet well under the pens of others. In fact, the writing style of these other authors, were much better than Howard's. And their stories didn't bucther the genre. In fact, they kept with the "raw bones" of the fantasy world that Howard envisioned.

So, no. I don't believe that Kawamori alone makes Macross. Or he alone is necessary for the continuation of the franchise. Just because the one series that he had nothing to do with didn't do too hot, doesn't mean that it's holy writ that Macross minus Kawamori equals disaster.

Also, for the record, I don't advocate giving him the boot. But I feel he should take more of an advisor role, and have final say in new concepts proposed for Macross, rather than taking too much of a hands-on approach in every future Macross series.

Just my two cents worth.

That could just be copyright renewal. What was released in 2006 other than kits and toys?

EDIT: unless if there is something rather big and massive in the pipe, and it was so massive that it wasn't anywhere close to being able to release even teaser information on it in 2006... my money is mid-to-late 2007 for something to appear. That, or close to the exact anniversary of the first broadcast of SDF:M! That's Oct. 3rd... hmm, supporting where my money is. :D

http://macross.anime.net/production/animat...irst/index.html

Edited by sketchley