2007, the big date for Macross ?

Aegis!

I honestly don't see why Macross "needs" to continue. If Kawamori gives us one final bang-up movie, OVA, or series to wrap things up, I'd be quite happy.

It's a rare moment when I agree with something Keith says, but this is one of those times. I don't see that there's really any need to tell any further story. If there were to be something else, I'd want it to be the end-all-be-all finale to leave Macross fans laying sweaty in bed smoking cigarettes (or so good your NEIGHBORS need a cigarette). I could be perfectly happy knowing nothing else macross related was going to be made though. It's made it's impact... it's had it's time in the sun, and bowing out while it's still on top of the game could very much be a good thing.

I disagree on the concept of new blood being a bad thing for Macross though. Fresh ideas could be a very good thing for the series if they were employed in the proper way. "AU garbage" is hardly a guaranteed end-result from new writers.

Agreed Eugimon. I'd really like to see a story detailing the years post Flashback 2012, and pre-Macross Plus/7. Of course the game Macross M3 deals with it, but as I haven't played the game, the game's story isn't readily available, and from the designs that I have seen, it doesn't add enough to the rich details that could be added there. What detail? Just look at Isamu's history. ;)

The other angle would be something occuring after VF-X2, and dealing with the fracturing of the UN Spacy itself (if I'm not mistaken, there was some kind of military coupe going on. How else would the terrorists in the game be well stocked with UN equipment, let along get their hands on the Battle 13?)

There's lots of potential.

macross didn't *need* a sequel, the story tied up nicely. But' they made a big universe, I don't see any problem with exploring it further.

Yeah I agree on that. But the story is still missing something. After Plus it went empty(Excluding Zero), we don't even know what becomes of the SDF-1 on Earth...

A Gundam Seed movie is coming out next year, there is only one way to compete with it.

Yeah I agree on that. But the story is still missing something. After Plus it went empty(Excluding Zero), we don't even know what becomes of the SDF-1 on Earth...

A Gundam Seed movie is coming out next year, there is only one way to compete with it.

wrong, VFX2 dealt with it, see the quote below

Agreed Eugimon. I'd really like to see a story detailing the years post Flashback 2012, and pre-Macross Plus/7. Of course the game Macross M3 deals with it, but as I haven't played the game, the game's story isn't readily available, and from the designs that I have seen, it doesn't add enough to the rich details that could be added there. What detail? Just look at Isamu's history. ;)

The other angle would be something occuring after VF-X2, and dealing with the fracturing of the UN Spacy itself (if I'm not mistaken, there was some kind of military coupe going on. How else would the terrorists in the game be well stocked with UN equipment, let along get their hands on the Battle 13?)

There's lots of potential.

there's potential for 2 series' right there, "post SW1-M+" and "post VFX-2"

personally, I'd like to see the "post SW1-M+" one. Maybe one of the Jenius girls growing up or something...

Well Kawamori loves to use the Terrorist card as a way to create enemies in the Macross Universe. He's done it how many times now?

The AUN started out as a terrorist group until Macross Zero, where they were upgraded to an army... Which is of little surprise to me as SK doesn't bind himself to the idea of a single immutable "canon" history as much as other writers. He simply re-writes the chronology to suit the new addition.

I personally believe (based on no concrete evidence of any kind) that he and Bigwest would love to re-do SDFM and relegate the Tatsunoko property to "a TV show about SW1" status, similar to how DYRL is explained away in the chronology. Thus securing total ownership of the "official" story about the Macross and SW1...

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably nothing. 'Renewals' here in Japan often mean a combination of renovation and cleaning. It may be nothing more than revising the site to incorprate Macross 0 into it.

Of course, it may be something more than that... next year is the big 25...

Questions: Does Shoji Kawamori know about Macross World? For that matter, does BigWest or anyone officially associated with Macross (production) know about Macross World? I was just wondering if they knew how big their fan base is in the English speaking countries...and that we're always looking for more Macross!

Edited by Oihan

Hey there, I just checked the official macross.co.jp homepage and it seems to be in the middle of a renewal. There's been no leaks of a new series or movie, but they may still have an ace up their sleeves.

It was about friggin' time! They still had the 20th anniversary logo on there.

Hey there, I just checked the official macross.co.jp homepage and it seems to be in the middle of a renewal. There's been no leaks of a new series or movie, but they may still have an ace up their sleeves.

Man that's great. Can't wait to see what's up.

I love being a Macross fan at this point! The suspense! :lol:

Man that's great. Can't wait to see what's up.

I love being a Macross fan at this point! The suspense! :lol:

Hmm I wonder if it was intentional, but the Valk pictures are chronological by production, going from left to right across the page... :p

Questions: Does Shoji Kawamori know about Macross World? For that matter, does BigWest or anyone officially associated with Macross (production) know about Macross World? I was just wondering if they knew how big their fan base is in the English speaking countries...and that we're always looking for more Macross!

I think this has been asked before but i cant remember what the answer was. I therefore would like to know too. If you are SK or someone from BW please post and let us know at least that we are being observed.

I think this has been asked before but i cant remember what the answer was. I therefore would like to know too. If you are SK or someone from BW please post and let us know at least that we are being observed.

I would have thought that if there was someone from Big West lurking here it would be in their best interests _not_ to make themselves known. Once the subject of an observation knows for certain they are being observed they may change - either conciously or unconciously - their patterns of behaviour. So if Big West wanted to find out what we really thought they'd have a better chance if they maintained a lower profile. More likely to get honest results that way.

Karl

I would have thought that if there was someone from Big West lurking here it would be in their best interests _not_ to make themselves known. Once the subject of an observation knows for certain they are being observed they may change -

either conciously or unconciously -

their patterns of behaviour. So if Big West wanted to find out what we really thought they'd have a better chance if they maintained a lower profile. More likely to get honest results that way.

Karl

I think you mean subconciously. ;)

And yes, I would agree that it is in BW greatest interest to remain anonymous, and read our posts.

I think you mean subconciously. ;)

And yes, I would agree that it is in BW greatest interest to remain anonymous, and read our posts.

Let's hope that BW is reading these, because I for one would love to see something new. If they are watching threads like this, then the more of us that post positively, the better the chance that we will see something come out from them in 2007, :lol: I would think that the vast majority of posters would love to see it happen, so lets hear it for a new release.

Oooo....is that the non-canon VF2SS I see on the front page? <evil grin>

BW owns the VF-2SS and Macross II, therefore it has a right to be on the Macross site, dispite what some might think... :p

Though I'd prefer a more comprehensive site encompassing all the Macross series' The old one really didn't deliver much new content, ever...

I´m really hoping this means something new, at the very least some sort announcement like a ¨we have many suprises for next year¨ thing.

I wish they would do a more mature tv series by 2007 , pretty much like Eureka 7 (but with a less corny ending ) where they had Kawamori limited to the mecha design and the (SUPERB) writting was done by some else. Mikimoto as character designer, itano for the action scenes sunts and Yoko Kanno on the music department would be great too, certainly THE team for a PROPER 25th anniversary production.

edit: corrected the kawamori reference

Edited by Aegis!

I´m really hoping this means something new, at the very least some sort announcement like a ¨we have many suprises for next year¨ thing.

I wish they would do a more mature tv series by 2007 , pretty much like Eureka 7 (but with a less corny ending ) where they had Kawamori limited to the mecha design and the (SUPERB) writting was done by some else. Mikimoto as character designer, itano for the action scenes sunts and Yoko Kanno on the music department would be great too, certainly THE team for a PROPER 25th anniversary production.

edit: corrected the kawamori reference

Mikimoto's designs are too complicated for animation, however get him to do all the art for the books, posters and DVDs...Oh YEAH!

SK is a decent writer, however like Lucas, really needs a collaborator with a fresh vision of what is possible in the universe (that's the reason why ESB is one of the most loved of SW the saga, Lucas only wrote the story outline).

Mikimoto's designs are too complicated for animation, however get him to do all the art for the books, posters and DVDs...Oh YEAH!

SK is a decent writer, however like Lucas, really needs a collaborator with a fresh vision of what is possible in the universe (that's the reason why ESB is one of the most loved of SW the saga, Lucas only wrote the story outline).

Totally!!!

Sits quitely twiddlling thumbs and smiling.

Graham

Check his sig.

*writhes in agony*

So weird, I always thought it was a Yamato merchandise thing. Seems he is in the know with other people too!

Edited by kensei