1/60 Vf-1 Redux

Scream Man

We got the 0's at 60, we're getting the mac Plus valks at 60....But the old 1/60 VF-1's just dont live up to the same standard. Yamato has now perfected the tech for making the VF-1, so will we ever see 1/60 scale Valks again? Updated, better ones with the swingbar legs and the perfect transform? Before you scoff, remember that the Mac Plus valks have been out already and ina different scale, and post people are going in for round 2 because the new ones look ALOT better.

And if we did get em, would you buy it?

Me? Id be tempted to get one or two at least. Just so i had some all in the same scale that were as good as the newer products Yamato has put out.

Personally I think it'd be kind of pointless. The 1/48s are the ultimate when it comes to most of the goodies we love to see. The Mac+ valks are getting the attention they deserved years ago.

I just don't see how they'd justify the cost of retooling the molds and competing with their already spectacular 1/48 sales.

Just saying. It'd be cool, just not cool.

If they make a new version with the same proportions of the current 1/60 I'd buy them.

I have the complete line of 1/60's and still like them the same as when they first came out. So if there's no new version I'm set :)

I pose my VF-0S with the VF-1's and it's cool because you see how much bigger the VF-0 is.

I believe Drifand and me are the only members around here that like them :lol:

I'm very anal when it comes to scales and the 1/60 line will depict a lot of different mecha in the Macross universe. It can't get any better!!!

I don't think I would buy them again. Aren't you sick of them rehashing VF-1s anyway? I still like my 1/60 scale valks because I do like having scale accurate lines. The 1/60 scale I thought was perfect for them to release a bunch of mechs in the same scale. Hell I would have bought the 1/60 monster if it had ever come out.

I'd buy a redone DYRL Max VF-1A, maybe a Focker. A Low Vis V1 if they made one. But that's it. And only after they let the VF-1 line cool down a bit and give other valkyries attention.

If they immediately redid the VF-1 line, I'd wait on it. :p

I'd buy them only if they used CAD CAM, and redesigned the bulbous canopy and low hanging shoulders of the 1/48.

I'll never get bored of the VF-1, but I can't afford to be a completist or waste money on mediocre toy lines.

Edited by ghostryder

I'm more likely to pick up a truly improved series of 1/60s because I:

1. Prefer the better balanced proportions over the 1/48;

2. Enjoy the more sensible size and affordability;

3. Anticipate a greater variety variety of same-scale mecha;

4. Never bought more than 3 of the 1/60 1Js anyway because of the many problems with the other designs I liked: eg. squished 1S head, 2-seater chestplate fit, etc.

Possible deal clinchers:

- CAD re-finement

- New attachment/locking system for hip pegs (separate legs is OK, don't mess the proportions!)

- Properly sculpted 1S head

- Correct TV-style FPs (I'm not a big DYRL fan)

- Integrated heat shield (several custom examples exist)

- Properly sized gunpod ejector port

- Better detailing and articulation in foot nozzles

- More Tampo markings

- Rethinking of materials used: LESS PVC! Diecast where it counts.

- New attachment/locking system for hip pegs (separate legs is OK, don't mess the proportions!)

- Rethinking of materials used: LESS PVC! Diecast where it counts.

These are good points - without the swing bar, the shoulders can fit higher into the fuselage, but the 1/48 shoulder connection/ball socket joint design is needed to make this happen. You'll notice the shoulders on the 1/60 still hang pretty low because of the more primative shoulder joint.

Without all that unecessary leg die-cast, I think an improved locking leg connection to the nose would be enough to keep the legs from falling off.

I'd buy more of the 1/60s if they came in the new 1/48 colors such as the woodland camo and angel birds. I prefer the 1/60 in comparison to the 1/48s for their space saving size and ability to match up in size to other toys.

I had the whole set of 1/60's back in the day which I loved to death before the 1/48 era.

If they can up the quality to the kind we're used to today (PT, make them 90% plastic, full figure pilots, etc) I'd buy it... You know thinking about it, a cheaper than $80 US alternative high quality 1/60 vf-1 line is very appealing....

I would like to see other 1/60 scale valkyries before a redo of the VF-1. Namely the VF-11 to be in scale with the YF-19. A VF-4 would rock. VF-5000 would be pretty neat. And I would love to get a Queadluun-quilqua with an Emilia figure. :D Emilia is teh awesome.

I would like to see other 1/60 scale valkyries before a redo of the VF-1.  Namely the VF-11 to be in scale with the YF-19. A VF-4 would rock. VF-5000 would be pretty neat.  And I would love to get a Queadluun-quilqua with an Emilia figure. :D Emilia is teh awesome.

427076[/snapback]

Agreed. I think we have enough VF-1 for now (besides I'm pretty sure Yamato will bend eventually and make the two seaters, wait and see).

I bought only one 1/60, a Roy, and that was by the time the first 1/48's we're being released. I wasn't very impressed by it so I decided to spend my money on the 48's.

The perfect transformation (including sliding heat shield), would be a prerequisite for me to even begin to consider buying any new VF-1 at 1/60 scale.

I'd buy them. IMHO the best improvement of the 48 over the 60 is the backpack--how it fits in fighter mode. If the 60 had the 48th's slimmer, lower backpack (fitting between the legs, not hovering over them with a big gap under it) it'd look so much better.

How to sell them? Price! When they're half as much (or less) you can buy a lot more. I'd have my first Max VF-1J. (I only ever have enough money for Milia and Roy--Max is third).

I´d buy them all, because i missed the first 1/60 line :(

There is people like me who do not the have money to buy a lot of 1/48 valks and a small line of valks with good quality and cheap would be great for all the people like me, i think that yamato should do that, they now have the technology to do it. B))

PS. Sorry for any mistakes in my typo.

Edited by Gardemog

i know the VF-1 is a smaller plane to the zero, but I was looking at the pilot figures, and i wonder if it's to small anyway. i might have to do some calculating and figure it out. Ive only got one 1/60 left (The 1D).

i think the improvments id like would be:

*Improved Landing gear system and design

*Improved nose section

*integrated slide out heat shield

*swing bar legs

*improved look of the heads

*less di cst t avoid scratching and keep price and weight down

*better locking backpacks

*removable intake covers

essentially the 1/48s, but smaller. Its a shame toy molds cant be shrunk down.

Shoot I never stopped buying the 1/60's. I like them better than the 1/48's if for no other reason than price. I bought my elintseeker and superostrich on ebay for the price of one 1/48. If you watch you can catch them as cheap as $30 - $40 for some of the more common valks. Don't get me wrong I am not saying the 1/48's are bad, I have two and plan to buy a VF-1J stealth soon, but for the money I prefer the 1/60's. I fthey were redone it would drive prices down further thusly making me more happy.

I'd buy them if they would:

Improve backpack in fighter mode (like 1/48)

Improve knee joint articulation (like 1/48)

Remove the bulging hip joints

Improve the landing gear (more detailed and less floppy)

Have more Tampo printing

Make it sturdier than it is now.

I actually don't care about the detachable legs, in fact they can make the arms detachable too... if it would improve sturdiness and the overall look. I prefer it to be solid and look good over it having perfect transformation.

Edited by VT-102

I wouldn't buy them. I'm not a scale freak, I believe that a good balance of looks, structural integrity and perfect transformation is possible only in figures the size of 30 - 33 cm.

The thing for me though is I like the smaller scale valk better in some areas like the arms and nose. (it doesn't have the bulbous canopy) And in other things the larger scale is better than the smaller.

For me if larger scale means more detail, than sure. But in terms of things like proportions (check the lineart of the fighter mode and compare the nose) bigger doesn't necessarily mean more accurate imo.

Here's what I think they should do:

bring out the new improved vf1 in 1/60 for the 25th anniversary and then release vf-4 in 1/60. (has similar looking parts to the vf1 :D)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i just like the idea of having good valks in all scales. the 1/60 valk, i feel, is a let down in many areas where i like the 48. hell, even just a Skull schemed one.

i want one of every type of Macross fighter in Skull squadron type and colours. all the "s" equivilant if that fighter has one. a little roy museum.

I would definitely buy a new 1/60.

It kinda sucks that the better vf-1s are total oddballs when it comes to scale.

The main line is in 1/60 scale and I would like to have a nice/great looking

1/60 VF-1S that can be posed with the VF-0 and the soon to be -19.