Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

They did the low vis 1 ok...

but ok... I'm cool without panel lining (takes a while to do but with some rubbing alcohol and a couple of gundam greys, I guess you're right... it's better done by hand to the taste of individual)...

but tampo is a must! :D

haha okie david, tot you were refering to the hairdryer method.

always love low vis colors :D Anyways i wouldnt mind paying abit for tampo printing all the details/warnings/symbols, but leave the pane lining to us. :p

Aside from the plasticky look abt it, it a cool valkyrie to have especially when you dressed it up...hopefully i wun have to spend 15 hrs in doing do. :blink: Erick, Devin where are you guys? We need some decals and stickers for this babe

Cheers

Edited by recon

Actually, I was referring to the hair dryer method. Just don't use it on high for 5 minutes or something. 20 secs on low should be enough. Plastic isn't THAT weak to heat, otherwise you'd just have puddles instead of toys in Arizona in the summer.

looking good but we definitely need more pics of this bird!

while i'm not a huge fan of the yamato stickers, its isn't so bad if you cut them down and apply them properly. i stickered my 1S roy way back when and i don't have a single sticker thats pealing. the only real problem with them is that they're kind of thick, otherwise they stick like any other sticker. don't get me wrong, theres better stickers out there(devin) but yamato's stickers aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

Yeah, those yamato stickers are plenty sticky as long as it's on a flat surface that's bigger than the sticker. I may just go ahead and use the stock squadron tail markings (skull or bunny) with the excess trimmed off, and use Takatoy 0S stickers for all the little fracking details.

Alas, I must wait for mine another week (or two)...

I don't think the VF-0A pilot figure is Shin. IIRC, doesn't Shin's flight helmet have red markings? Have to watch Zero again when I get home.

Graham

this is really not Shin sitting there, you right, Shin have a red helmet with yellow flash.

but yamato just provide Shin & Focker Pilot name sticker... no good ...

When confronted about it, Kawamori is going to stare blankly into space for a few minutes. When reminded of the question, he's going to mumble: "All pilot suits and helmets are the same, regardless of what you saw in the anime. Except Focker. I hate Shin, he doesn't get a distinctive valkyrie or helmet." :lol:

Man, I can't wait to get one of these. :D

I opened mine. They fixes the swivel joints but the shoulder joints now are loose on certain angles. In gerwalk mode, its loose but in battroid when the ball joint is turned to anothe angle, its quite tight. I tried to disassemble the hands but it was glued shut. Not easy to get to the ball joint.

How ya did it, Hayao?

I opened mine. They fixes the swivel joints but the shoulder joints now are loose on certain angles. In gerwalk mode, its loose but in battroid when the ball joint is turned to anothe angle, its quite tight. I tried to disassemble the hands but it was glued shut. Not easy to get to the ball joint.

How ya did it, Hayao?

use cutter, do it slowly and gently, then you will made it :)

how is the Landing gear opening thighness?? On the vf-0s its loose i find, no clicks, like the 1/48. How does the opening on the legs for the tires fair on the vf-0a.

Also, is the REAL second version of the vf-0s out yet??? And if so, is it at least as thight as the vf-0a???

Thanks

Arthurius

Could anyone who has did mods to the shoulder ball joints, please post a pic indicating which part to cut...dun wish to cut up the wrong area? tks :blink::unsure:

Just got my vf0a yesterday, really love this colors/tones as compared to vf0s, felt that the vf0s should be of greyish white base instead of beige. Hopefully we get to see a shin variant with ghost boosters as well as a 2 seater vf0a/0s seen in one of the 1/72 hasegawa models (red/white/black scheme), not forgetting a vf0d :)^_^

Graham what are the odds of yamato reissuing a 2nd version for the vf0s with all the fixes? Tks

Cheers