Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

But seroiusly...disassembling the arm is a pain. >_<

When removing it from the elbow socket, i made a stress mark....then i chickened out to continue further. While disassembling i noticed the black washer made of a cloth material, probably to tighten the elbow joint. Or was it there in the 0S?

Btw guys, how high does your VF-0A's head able to tilt up? Mine barely moves a mm. Looking at the head i thought it can move at least 45 degrees like the VF-1As.

According to Neova, and seemingly confirmed by everyone's gripes, there has NOT been a 2.0 version of the VF-0S yet. They released the original in two waves which has a lot of people screwed up thinking there was a second edition. If the second wave differed at all from the first it was certainly not in a manner that included the improvements of the 0A.

EDIT - the same is true of the GBP-1 (original). It also was released in two waves with no differences between the first and the second (to my knowledge)

Edited by jenius

Tks for the info jenius, guess i would wait it out for the 2nd ver VF0S, which maybe cheaper..

Tks to wolfx for the insight, guess i would have to live with it if there is really a loose joint on the shoulders, wouldnt want to risk having a stress mark on it seams. Havent open mine up as i just managed to sneak it back while she was having dinner with her friends :p

Just got mine today for $151 US shipped. Pretty nice looking. For some reason I thought it was going to include the Ghost but I think I was looking at the wrong pictures.

Hi Graham,

Would you know if Yamato has plans for the reactive armor for the 1/60 VF-0s? I'm sure Yamato can outshine Hasegawa in terms of details.

Are you kidding me? We can barely get any info on the YF-19 that we already know is coming out for certain. You really think he's gonna spill the beans on something like reactive armor for the VF-0? :p

Mister E...heh heh...man, I get all excited looking at these things!

(sigh)

But I'm gonna miss out on the VF-0A, until after the wedding, maybe they'll have some reprints with the booster packs after the second quarter of 2007...not to mention we just bought a town home.

I need a job on the weekends...heh heh...maybe designing "stuff" for Yamato?

I'm trying to convince my fiancée that it's an addiction, but she says no. I'm in denial to to fully explain my weakness...cuz you just can't get one, you gotta git 'em all! ... especially growing up and not being able to afford this stuff.

I'm trying to convince my fiancée that it's an addiction, but she says no. I'm in denial to to fully explain my weakness...cuz you just can't get one, you gotta git 'em all! ... especially growing up and not being able to afford this stuff.

I hear that!

anyone writing a review for the vf-0a soon?

I was thinkin' about doing this for my website but I've decided to hold off until a 0S reissue and the 19 are out so I can have 'em all shipped simultaneously to save $$. Expect a full review from me some time in 08! :) Yeah, it'll be old news by then. Heck, I still haven't reviewed Yamato's last round of releases... but they are all sitting on my desk right now.

So how 'bout it, anyone else plannin' on doing some review work?

Hey, guys who own a 0A, anyone can answer my question on how high the 0A's head can tilt up? Cause mine can barely move. I'd try to force it up, but i'm afraid that it doesn't and might break something.

So the color of the leg armour is different from the leg armour of the VF-0S?

Meaning...Yamato is going to release 2 separate packages for the Ghost Booster and to match up with the Vf-0S and VF-0A keg armours? :wacko:

keg armors? :blink: ...you must be wishing for a tall, cold, glass of beer, aren't you? :p

The conformal leg armors seem to be the same color and tone used on the 0S to me; the minor difference can be attributed to the interaction of light and shadow, and the way the camera balances them out. I think it's safe to assume that when the Ghost pack is released it will be visually compatible with both VF-0s.

Edited by mechaninac

thanks!

UN Spacy is right, why is the "UN SPACY" on the gun pod upsidedown on this one? Previous shots of the box goodies showed it correct.

This is official design,one of the "un spacy" is upside down (right side when in the fighter mode),

not like VF-1.

so the truth is ,the previous 1/60 VF-0S are doing wrong on this part.

we can check the OVA animation scene and the Hasegawa 1/72 's box art and decal guide

also making like this :)

This is official design,one of the "un spacy" is upside down (right side when in the fighter mode),

not like VF-1.

so the truth is ,the previous 1/60 VF-0S are doing wrong on this part.

we can check the OVA animation scene and the Hasegawa 1/72 's box art and decal guide

also making like this :)

REALLY? So the VF-0S is wrong?

Are you sure about that?

Hey Graham. Which way is the U.N. Spacy insignia supposed to face on the VF-0's gunpod?

In Episode One the VF-0S has it right side up.

IPB Image

In Episode Two the VF-0A and VF-0S has it upside down.

IPB Image

IPB Image

In Episode Four the Refueling Plane's spare has it upside down.

IPB Image

Chalk it up to more animation mistakes?

Edited by UN Spacy