Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

$30,000 inheritences....

*adds Chewie to hate list*

:angry::angry::angry:

:lol::lol::lol:

it looks super dope! i prefer the more pale grey but i'm not complaining, i should have this bird gracing my shelves by wednesday of next week. :) anyone find battroid pics of this? that A head is pretty much the shiznit.

Graham do you think we will see a shin Type Vf-0A in the near future? Or is this version the closest were likely to see? And Yes I know that this question has probably been asked a million and 1 times but I'm too lazy to search through all 20 plus pages of this thread.

Edited by Golden Arms

I guess it's like how, officially, the F-15 "Mod Eagle" scheme and the standard F-22 scheme are "the exact same color" according to the Air Force. Nope, no special heat-absorbing shimmery metallic paint on the F-22, not at all. These planes are all painted exactly the same. Officially.

From what I was told, depspite the fact that it completely contradicts both the anime and Hasegawa, the view of the HRH is that there is only one VF-0A color scheme, there is not supposed to be a separate Shin Type & Cannon Fodder type.

Graham

They can call it something else if they want... but if they make em, we will buy! :D

I really hope they make the vf-0D... I saw a pic of it again recently and gosh... I'm actually wanting it more now than the sv-51.

From what I was told, depspite the fact that it completely contradicts both the anime and Hasegawa, the view of the HRH is that there is only one VF-0A color scheme, there is not supposed to be a separate Shin Type & Cannon Fodder type.

Graham

So this is the ONLY canon VF-0A we're gonna get?

I sure hope they don't release another one down the road b/c all these new releases are killing my wallet.

While I like the version they have released, I'd also like to see the OVA Shin & Cannon-Fodder versions released, with tampo printed tail fin markins on the cannon fodder, say 50% of the production run with rabbit markings and 50% with skull markings.

Graham

Funiest thing ever, I got my 0A before you Graham... and we actually need to talk about "how I got it". Will email you or call you tomorrow.

The toy is a beauty, all the bugs seem to be solved in this release, gunpod fits fine on the arm, nothing feels loose, no paint problems at all and the head is totally cool. Love the color scheme and IMO this toy looks and feels much better than the VF 0S.

Also got the MP StarGay. Very nice as well and the scales are just alike.

later will transform the Starscream. The Takara toy looks quite amazing I must say.

Also the pics are pretty bad, I will take some new ones tomorrow with daylight.

post-389-1159623737_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159623845_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159623893_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159623907_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159623924_thumb.jpg

post-389-1159623943_thumb.jpg

Heh, just got mine. Paid HK$850 for it, which is about US$113.40.

As Sebastian mentioned, 99% of the bugs have been work out of the toy.

The improvements are as follows: -

• The bicep swivel joints are now nice and tight.
  • The above knee swivel joints are nice and tight.
  • The backpack hinge is more secure. The backpack now sits flush against the back in battroid mode, unlike the VF-0S, where it often hangs a couple of milimeters away.
  • Gunpod attaches easily and securely to the arms.
The only minor niggle I have really is that the slider for the backpack triple thrusters is still loose and you can't lock the thrusters firmly in the down position.

I transformed the toy straight to battroid, as I wanted to check the swivel joints, so haven't yet checked if the legs stay locked to the backpack better in fighter mode. Will do that later.

Unlike the pre-production photos, there is no white on the production toy. It's all three shades of grey. strangely though the stripes on the wings are black, whereas the stripes on the forearms are dark grey.

Oh, the head laser is really long on this toy, so getting the head through the backpack hatch can be a bit tricky during transformation, but it's just a case of finding the right angle of entry (that's what my wife says as well) :p

Here's a pic comparing the the pilots from the VF-0S and VF-0A. And also a scan of the sticker sheet. Also a pic of the VF-0A with the VF-0S. Sorry for the poor pic quality, but it's taken indoors at night.

Definitely recommend this toy.

Graham

post-11-1159625888_thumb.jpg

post-11-1159625919_thumb.jpg

post-11-1159626759_thumb.jpg

Nice!

Really dig the final colours on this beauty. If Yamato doesn't do a VF-0D soon I'll definitely pick the 0A (I just love that head).

Hey Sebastian, please posts anything you can comment about the MP SS on the "Transformer Starscream Masterpiece has arrived!" thread! We need more hands on reviews of it!

Pretty excited as i'm getting mine tomorrow :D:D:D Anyway, the white lines seems to look nice on VF 0A Shin (the sholder, chest and the arm) and I hope they don't come out two version as I'm going to make this one Shin's VF 0A.

IPB Image

more pics here : http://jns.ixla.jp/users/anglers326bb652/myweb_033.htm

After doing some 'Shin VF0A' searching, OVA video and also HASEGAWA models are my best references. Shin's 'white' lines are limited to just those parts of the plane mention above + side body panels and not the legs or wings. A little touch up of white is in order then to achive my objective :p

IPB Image

IPB Image

My hunch tells me that Yamato is going to come out an actual Shin's VF0A version with Ghost together... There goes a hole in my pocket AGAIN!. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by ikhii

Oh, the head laser is really long on this toy, so getting the head through the backpack hatch can be a bit tricky during transformation, but it's just a case of finding the right angle of entry (that's what my wife says as well) :p

Graham

Thanks for the review, graham. And don't worry bout the wife. Do it enough times and its easy. XD

OMFG! VF-1 markings! I might have to get this for that alone. I was planning on waiting out to see if we get a VF-0 w/Ghost, or VF-0D, but I don't know if I can pass up the Wolfpack...

PS--do the stickers say "Sin" Kudo? Does Yamato purposely avoid the generally accepted English spellings of pilots on all their valks?

LOL--"Bewear of blast". Can Yamato just find one person familiar with English? Or just copy photos correctly? I doubt you'll find a single US Navy plane that has "bewear" on it. I don't know Japanese at all, but I can accurately copy Kanji from a pic. They should be able to copy English from a pic too.

PPS--just realized the incredible irony of a VF-0 with VF-1's markings. Maybe Yamato will do a VF-1 with VF-2's markings... (I'd buy it)

IPB Image

I am a bit worried though--Yamato seems to have made the nose stickers as large as the tailfins----so either the tailfin markings are tiny, or the nose stickers are huge. I'm thinking it's the latter, and that'll look weird. We're also missing the aft 3/4 of the nose stripe, it should go from radome to intakes, interrupted by the kite. VF-1's markings would work PREFECTLY on a VF-0, but only if they're sized right and they do ALL the striping.

I think I recall "Galdo" Bowman on the YF-21 stickers. And the canon name is debatable, but I know "Milia" has been seen on-screen in M7, and maybe the original serieis as well, so "Miria" is wrong IMHO. I think Isamu's name was screwed up as well.

Anyways---will any of our intrepid decal makers make aftermarket VF-1 decals for the low-vis VF-0? (VF-1 the squadron, not the valk). And possibly adapt them so we get the FULL fuselage striping and correctly-sized nose markings? Oh, and red ventral fins, that's part of the scheme. Wolfpack markings would rock on the VF-0A, but there's no way I'm going to try to use sucky Yamato stickers for such large areas.

Or maybe 1/72 or 1/48 VF-1 decals would work:

http://www.camdecals.com/main.asp?img=48-029 (I already have them in 1/72, but they're reserved for building an F-14 in those markings some day--if I had a VF-0 I could photocopy my set and see how they'd fit)