Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

Good, they will include the other weapon pods too. The grey isn't the actual color,  it's just the unpainted resin prototype.

Chris

426945[/snapback]

the ghost pack maybe, but the valk is painted. U can see the kite logo and arm stripes.

426966[/snapback]

Good eye.

I'm very curious as to where all of the attachment points are on the Ghost.

Good, they will include the other weapon pods too. The grey isn't the actual color,  it's just the unpainted resin prototype.

Chris

426945[/snapback]

the ghost pack maybe, but the valk is painted. U can see the kite logo and arm stripes.

426966[/snapback]

Good eye.

426971[/snapback]

Someone mentioned that it attaches to the blisters on the top of the 0 but that would be inaccurate because that is where the missile pods would attach. On the Hasegawa model the ghost has seperate struts and then it also has slots where it slides in between the vertical Stabs.

Chris

Chris

426945[/snapback]

426966[/snapback]

Good eye.

426971[/snapback]

Someone mentioned that it attaches to the blisters on the top of the 0 but that would be inaccurate because that is where the missile pods would attach. On the Hasegawa model the ghost has seperate struts and then it also has slots where it slides in between the vertical Stabs.

Chris

426982[/snapback]

The missiles seemed like they were part of the ghost itself. Or at least the missile hardpoints serve as the connector between the VF-0 and the Ghost itself.

Are you sure that tiny ass pic isnt of the Hasegawa kits?

427003[/snapback]

It's too big and too chunky to be Hase kit. It's probably a painted-up Focker with a new head.

427006[/snapback]

I agree with GHOSTRYDER. The HASE kit is of a 1/72 scale, smaller than that of the YAMATO toy.

Wolfx, did the VF-0A have different colors then in the Yamato pics that were released?

427041[/snapback]

I like to know, too. The nose, legs, and arms are a lighter shade of gray on the promo shot. This paint-up is more uniform gray ... like the anime-correct CF scheme, but darker (Yamato, don't let HFH see this un-approved scheme! :o ).

Edited by ghostryder

Are you sure that tiny ass pic isnt of the Hasegawa kits?

427003[/snapback]

It's too big and too chunky to be Hase kit. It's probably a painted-up Focker with a new head.

427006[/snapback]

I agree with GHOSTRYDER. The HASE kit is of a 1/72 scale, smaller than that of the YAMATO toy.

427043[/snapback]

The articulation points are also very similiar in appearance to the 1/60. I have no doubt that it is a 1/60.

ZOMG! That's what I'm talkin' about! I didn't think I'd need the Ghost, but that pic rocks. Looks like the Ghost connect via the rocket pods and clips to the tail fins.

Also, I hope the production model -0A has the same colors. Anime-correct or not (and low-vis or not), I love that scheme.

That's 1000x better than what Yamato's pics have been showing us so far. It's two-tone grey, but the two shades are very close--just like your standard USAF/USN Compass Ghost scheme. You can barely tell the nosecone and flaps don't match the rest of the plane---that's the effect you want. That's the most low-vis of any valk Yamato's ever done. I was so NOT going to buy this based on the pics we had earlier, but will so buy this if that's the actual colors they use. I'm wondering if there'll be two releases---the high contrast "what Kawamori says" version without Ghost, and this version, with Ghost.

Hey Dave, thanks a bunch. That's an awesome pic.

WolfX is right about the missile pods tho', they seem to be a part of the Ghost, there are some extesnions underneath the Ghost taht seem to extend down to the missile pods.

Edited by kensei

Defintely will get the VF-0A with the ghost boosters, now the question is that wether yamato would do two versions of it, i would have prefer them to issue the ghost boosters as an optional set. Well only the Gman knows. :p

Cheers

Checking around, while it has the number of a Cannon Fodder (321) it has the colors of what Hasegawa says Shin's (311) should be. I don't agree with those being Shin's colors, but they sure look a lot better than what Kawamori says. As they should--they're exactly your standard F-15/F-18 scheme. They are de facto "fighter plane greys".

Either way, it's got the colors I want---and REALLY hope Yamato goes with *exactly* those colors. Any change would throw off the low-vis look IMHO.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Here's the VF-0 that was at Chara Hobby---note the price is 17,640Y. Which is slightly higher than Roy's at 16,800Y. Still, I don't think that's enough to add in a Ghost and the new weapons, even if they remove the leg armor and original missiles.

Hey Dave, thanks a bunch. That's an awesome pic.

WolfX is right about the missile pods tho', they seem to be a part of the Ghost, there are some extesnions underneath the Ghost taht seem to extend down to the missile pods.

427168[/snapback]

No, the missile pod and the ghost are not part of each other. The parts that you see extending down from the ghost are it's lower fins/ canards. They also sort of act like a stand while the Ghost is attached to the Fighter. The Missile pods just attach to the top of the "blisters" while the ghost "fins" touch around the base of the blisters.

David I 100% agree about the colors of this Bird. I really hope this wasn't a custom Paint scheme.

Chris