Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

I just watched the last episode of M0 again - looks like Shin's 0A scheme changes from what we see on the Hasegawa kit, to more of a quasi CF scheme (darker canopy frame, but still with a chest stripe) after he jettisons the ghost and missile pods. I also didn't see any squadron markings on his heatshield or tailfins (he was Skull 2 at the end, so I assume there should have been skulls?).

Oh well, who's to say HFH is completely off the mark for insisting on the 1/60 0A scheme, they can't keep the color schemes consistent in the anime.

Edited by ghostryder

I just watched the last episode of M0 again - looks like Shin's 0A scheme changes from what we see on the Hasegawa kit, to more of a quasi CF scheme (darker canopy frame, but still with a chest stripe) after he jettisons the ghost and missile pods. I also didn't see any squadron markings on his heatshield or tailfins (he was Skull 2 at the end, so I assume there should have been skulls?).

Oh well, who's to say HFH is completely off the mark for insisting on the 1/60 0A scheme, they can't keep the color schemes consistent in the anime.

419948[/snapback]

I think its the animators that had artistic license when they were animating it(Tenjin). Regardless which is canon or not, I and I'm sure most of you, would have liked for Shin to have a distinct color scheme. It sets him apart from the cannon fodder 0A's. But the way the HFH is seeing it, they are ALL the same. Eh.

But if he is pressuring Yamato to put a VF-0D perhaps this is the reason he wants the VF-0A to only have 1 color scheme. So that Shin has a dedicated valk(the one he used for most of zero).

Eh I dunno still I would have wanted a distinct scheme for Shin's 0A, not ALL the 0A';s having the same color. I would have wanted the other 0A toys to have the brown scheme shown in episode 2

There's been some changes in the tail markings from what I was told a few months ago.

Apparently, the VF-0A is not going to have any Tampo printing on the tails as according to HRH, there is no standard markings.

Tail markings will now be supplied as optional stickers with both Rabbit & Skull markings. There will also be some other US Airforce or US Navy markings (if I understood correctly) on the sticker sheet, although whether they are for the tail fins or elsewhere on the plane, I'm not sure.

Graham

There's been some changes in the tail markings from what I was told a few months ago.

Apparently, the VF-0A is not going to have any Tampo printing on the tails as according to HRH, there is no standard markings.

Tail markings will now be supplied as optional stickers with both Rabbit & Skull markings. There will also be some other US Airforce or US Navy markings (if I understood correctly) on the sticker sheet, although whether they are for the tail fins or elsewhere on the plane, I'm not sure.

Graham

420025[/snapback]

shouldn't it be UN Aireforce/Navy? to go with the rest? ....

hmmm interesting....

i see alot of people repainting this sucker in the near near future... say, the day after release :p

Bugger! Does that mean no tampo-printed UN _____ on the side of the legs or FPs? The promo shot shows UN SPACY on the gun only  :blink:  :blink:

420034[/snapback]

Huh! Good point. That wouldn't be so great. I love the tampo printing since I no longer have the time on desire to sticker up my valks.

Well i dun see any other logical way of doing this. Its gonna be cannon-fodder type VF-0A and not any particular squadron or ace pilot, so how are they gonna tampo print a number or squadron markings on the tailfins and make people mad?

So Graham with no tail markings tampo printed, i presume the squadron number won't be there as well?

the one thing i really want tampo printed on every valk is the UN SPACY on the gunpod.....how hard can this be?

i can live without it on the legs but no matter how you slice it, the sticker on the gunpod looks something awful. the gunpod is black and when the sticker is applied its opaque which makes it look bootleg as hell.

Graham

420025[/snapback]

ACK~~ Don't tell me they're getting cheap with this crap again... <_<:(

If they said something about having U.S. Navy and Airforce stickers, I suppose it's obvious the leg, fastpacks and gun-pod wont have printings because there's no "standard"...

This seriously sucks... having the vf-0S all nice and tampo printed and then to have a vf-0a right next to it with stickers on it~ and I actually like the vf-0a more!...

BOOOoOOOoOOOoooOOOooOOooOOooo~~~~~ :angry:

I'd rather they release two versions, one with skull and one with bunny... it'll give me a legit reason to buy two! :p

I'd rather they release two versions, one with skull and one with bunny... it'll give me a legit reason to buy two!  :p

420111[/snapback]

mmm,... That is a good idea.

I think even the GF would fall for that one.

420115[/snapback]

That could work too. Except unfortunately the valks are not GFFs and thus markings are not easily changed by just interchanging cheap PVC parts. Haha...GFFs are fun that way.

Well according to graham the only thing confirmed not to have tampo prints are the tail fins. Logically the legs and gunpod would remain tampo-ed.

I actually don't mind. on realistic looking paint schemes you can dress em up with different insignias. I like that they've given us the choice. Plus, it means extra bizness for the decal makers around here!

Graham

420025[/snapback]

Oh I like the US Navy markings. That would be cool. Though I dont like the stickers Yamato makes.

I like the paint scheme on the VF-0A. And I will definetly be getting one. But I dont know when. Maybe in October or November when money becomes available again. I also like how they did the 0A head. I just hope they somehow fixed the floppy arms. My VF-0S was perfect in everyway except for at the elbows. The slighest touch and the arm swivled 180* to the side. Quite annoying.

Also why is this guy generally around $20-30 more expensive then the 1/48th VF-1's. I mean they are about the same size, come with about the same amount of extra's. Just wondering if anybody know (and sorry if it already has been touched on.) I will however throw out one guess...is it because it's an new mold?

Woot post 50. :p

Edited by AC Starscream