Most Ridiculous Amount Of Money You Have Spent

$150 shipping included on a 1/48. That's it I haven't spent anything else. Before that the most expensive thing was $130 on the Macross Gold Book.

Even if I had the bread I don't I would spend more then $150 one item if anime.

While not anime/sci-fi directly, I spent over $1200 on a new digital camera and super macro closeup lens specifically to take pictures of my models and miniatures...

The most expensive thing I own is probably the cumulative cost of my 1/48 GBP...between the Valk, Armor, decals, paint, and time, it's well over $300....

For any single anime item, it would be:

super ostich - $2000 mint  :blink:

Tetsujin 28 - $35000 mint  :blink:

I know thats a lot (not for me) :D , but I bought these back when all this stuff was really hot.

For the popy diecast toys Im sure I have well over $50k in those.

Not to mention I have well over $100k in Yamato 1/48.  :blink:

I won't even bring up my big boy toys.  <_<

397136[/snapback]

Uh I find that hard to believe.

100k in 1/48 would be about 500-600 valks ranging from 150-200 dollars each

and roughly 125 Cases?

pics of proof? this seems ridicuolusly impossible.

The hugest sum I paid for a single anime-related item was for a 1/48th Super-1J Max Type. All told, once you factor in shipping and the customs costs it cost me about £200. That was an owchy week for my wallet.

Karl

ridiculous ... trying, and about to complete all binaltechs that's currently available ... close to $1100. (withouth the BTAs and the newly chinese version "metal transform")

my biggest ebay purchase so far is a yamato 1/48 low viz at $287, shipping included (water decals applied, but everything included with unapplied original decals)

does this count?

Most amount of money I spent on a collectible is... $1k U.S.

On what? The Master Replicas AT-AT.

Ever since I was a kid and saw the AT-AT in ESB, I always wanted a toy of that. My family couldn't afford it, since we were newly immigrated from the Philippines and things were quite tight back then (damn lucky to even see the movie).

Years later, and at about 2003 or 2004, there was a 1/35 scale resin kit of the AT-AT by SMT (sculpted by Alfred Wong, IIRC). It was being sold for $200-300 U.S. I was getting ready to order one, but SMT got slapped by Lucasfilm to cease and desist ALL their Star Wars resin kits.

SMT had a bunch of Star Wars kits other than that 1/35 AT-AT. They had 1/48 scale resin kits of the X-Wing, Snowspeeder, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, Vader's TIE Advanced, TIE Avenger, and the TIE Defender.

I bought their TIE Avenger and TIE Defender kits before they were forced to stop. I just missed out on their last wave of the AT-AT resin kits.

Later on, I saw the reason why they had to stop. Master Replicas started promoting their AT-AT.

Well, I got my blasted AT-AT! It looks great... good weathering, details, display case and everything.

But I promised myself never to blow this kind of money on a collectible ever again. Holy jeez...

I have purchased many items in large bulk lots that totaled $500+ a few times but those where multiple items. About the most I have spent on a single boxed collectable item in recent memory was a MIB 1/48 low vis at about $300.

I tend to spend all the real money on my other hobbies, cars and firearms. While not sci-fi, I have spent several thousands on single items in those fields.

Oh wait! I remember now. Most expensive toy is not my Super Max but the King Gojulas from Tomy. About 220 usd for a built, stickers and minor parts missing 10 yr one.

Hey Warmaker, what size is that Master Replica AT-AT? Is it poseable or a fixed display piece? Is it Ceramic or Die-Cast? I went to the site hoping to find a Imperator or better still an Executor (would pay $1k+ to get a nice one) but its about 600 lightsabres and not one starship...

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

Hmmm, my most expensive item is the Go Lion AKA Voltron Lionbot (Korean version) MIB cost me $350. I wonder how much I could fetch that on ebay... My next item is the SDF-1 Matchbox was $200 when I was on the Macross tear... well I am still on the Macross tear.

397136[/snapback]

and roughly 125 Cases?

397532[/snapback]

Not to go off topic to much but heres some answers to Nicks questions:

1) I do not pay $150 to $200 for my valks. Do you really think with the volume that I buy, that I would pay retail. I have no middlemen and have contacts and buy factory direct. Yamato loves me, they would not dare make me pay retail or even wholsale. Like the old saying goes: Money talks.

2) I have over 1000 pieces of 1/48 valks. Its not impossible when you have enough cash.

3) I do not have pics. I do not even see 98% of the stuff I buy. I have warehouses for all this is stuff and employees that handle all of this. I purchase all this stuff under a corporate account for asset building and inventory. So I buy the stuff, its get shipped to long beach, then straight to the warehouse. Though most people think Im crazy, but it will build my networth. I also import Italian marble amongst other items that I predict will gain value over time. I also like to support companies that are making things I like. So even if the yamatos end up not being a great investment, I like them anyway.

1) I do not pay $150 to $200 for my valks. Do you really think with the volume that I buy, that I would pay retail. I have no middlemen and have contacts and buy factory direct. Yamato loves me, they would not dare make me pay retail or even wholsale. Like the old saying goes: Money talks.

2) I have over 1000 pieces of 1/48 valks. Its not impossible when you have enough cash.

3)  I do not have pics. I do not even see 98% of the stuff I buy. I have warehouses for all this is stuff and employees that handle all of this.  I purchase all this stuff under a corporate account for asset building and inventory. So I buy the stuff, its get shipped to long beach, then straight to the warehouse. Though most people think Im  crazy, but it will build my networth. I also import Italian marble amongst other items that I predict will gain value over time. I also like to support companies that are making things I like. So even if the yamatos end up not being a great investment, I like them anyway.

397754[/snapback]

Damn you. Just kidding :lol: . That sure are a lot of valks. What did you pay??? $50 each :rolleyes: ?

Oh wait! I remember now. Most expensive toy is not my Super Max but the King Gojulas from Tomy. About 220 usd for a built, stickers and minor parts missing 10 yr one.

Hey Warmaker, what size is that Master Replica AT-AT? Is it poseable or a fixed display piece? Is it Ceramic or Die-Cast? I went to the site hoping to find a Imperator or better still an Executor (would pay $1k+ to get a nice one) but its about 600 lightsabres and not one starship...

397719[/snapback]

It is a fixed, static, display model. It's not resin or ceramic, since the thing actually has quite a bit of weight to it also. Probably die cast mostly.

Master Replicas AT-AT @ StarWarsShop

If you are intent on getting one, be wary... some places are selling them now for $1.5k U.S. It seems the average is just a tad bit higher than when it initially came out. At first, it was $1k. Now the cheapest is $1.1k.

The link above has the dimensions, but I'll put them here anyways:

Length 23 inches

Width 9 inches

Height 21 inches

(Hooray for the Imperial Measurement System)

These dimensions contradict what the StarWarsShop gives. I got them from elsewhere on the net. I haven't actually pulled out a ruler and measured my AT-AT, either... plus, I'm at work right now :ph34r:

It seems Master Replicas put out a "Signature Edition" of the AT-AT. It's posed differently... more "stiff" and boring. But it looks to be built of the same quality. It's also got a snow looking base, complete with Luke's crashed Snowspeeder in front of it. MR is offereing it for $1.3k U.S.

You're not going to find any normally produced Imperator Class Star Destroyers or Executor Class Star Destroyers worthy of a $1k cost. You'll find some old model kits, namely ERTL / MPC, and those are horribly inaccurate. But that is if you're into accuracy, and since most modellers want accuracy, this may be a concern. They're also notorious for bad fitting and gaps.

Scale Solutions Resin Kits

... Has some Resin Kits of some familiar starships. On this section, they're mostly Star Wars, and one familiar sight to Macross fans. They have an Executor, but I'm not sure of the quality of their line. Never ordered from them. I found this via a little Google search.

Edited by Warmaker

Just in case my wife is reading this, I swear I have spent no more than US$20 on any one single item...........honest! :p

Graham

397948[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So I think that through this thread, we've learned that the international shortage of 1/48s and the subsequent high prices are due to the Valkyrie Cartel run by Lord KungFu :)

If only we could all play Valkyrie speculation and corner the market on a whim :p

Edited by ComicKaze

Hm...I didn't even think about anything outside of the anime/toy world. I once spent about $5K to have the 440 in my Charger rebuilt, which easily tops anything that I bought in the anime/toy world...

397136[/snapback]

and roughly 125 Cases?

397532[/snapback]

3) I do not have pics. I do not even see 98% of the stuff I buy. I have warehouses for all this is stuff and employees that handle all of this. I purchase all this stuff under a corporate account for asset building and inventory. So I buy the stuff, its get shipped to long beach, then straight to the warehouse. Though most people think Im crazy, but it will build my networth. I also import Italian marble amongst other items that I predict will gain value over time. I also like to support companies that are making things I like. So even if the yamatos end up not being a great investment, I like them anyway.

397754[/snapback]

Wow... to think all this time I've been living near one of the large cache's of yamatos on the west coast. :lol:

oh yeah, well I liked Yamato so much, I bought the company!

I have my minions currently working on a VF-19 transformable figure that features an exact replica of my own head in battloid mode.

Holy crap, how creepy would that be???

mmm... counting only sci-fi related items (and not my other toys like R/C stuff) it would have to be:

- 1/48 Roy $155

- Gakken Mospeada Bike. $120

I got the Perfect Grade RX-178 MK-II as a present so I guess that one doesn't count.

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

Its not so much the cost of the actual items that hits me hard as the cost of shipping, tax etc.

Until recently my most expensive item was a tie between my Yellow Sub SDF1 cruiser mode and a 1/6 Sailor Moon kit. £120 ($224) each.

Last month however I bought Bandai's 1/400 Musai cruiser, £64 ($119) for the item itself. Shipping, VAT, customs clearance fee and Saturday delivery charge boosted that to £133 ($248) more than doubling the original price.

But hey, its only money, right?